League of Legends

It continues, the talk about "the dark side" of LoL

I knew about the botting of accounts to reach lv 30, eloboosting, account seeling, and i knew that there were some "aiding" tools but - wow - srsly wow i absolutely did NOT know how capable these things are, be it lasthitting and combo helper, but also entierd bots for certain champs like Cassio, or Vayne.

And with this came the visibility of hacking which might have impacted the overall number of people hacking. I personally haven't experienced it, but apparently there is a surge in hacks involving Cassiopeia and Ryze.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It continues, the talk about "the dark side" of LoL

I knew about the botting of accounts to reach lv 30, eloboosting, account seeling, and i knew that there were some "aiding" tools but - wow - srsly wow i absolutely did NOT know how capable these things are, be it lasthitting and combo helper, but also entierd bots for certain champs like Cassio, or Vayne.

Quite. I saw that..made me go "lol wow"

And with this came the visibility of hacking which might have impacted the overall number of people hacking. I personally haven't experienced it, but apparently there is a surge in hacks involving Cassiopeia and Ryze.

Which will almost certainly increase the chance of Riot working on a fix for this crap since otherwise their legitimacy as an e-sport is probably on the line (more so than before, anyways).

Edited by Interest

The question becomes how to minimise such things, since there will always be those people who do it. Also what level of cheating is acceptable, that is, what proportion of the population has to cheat before it has a noticeable impact on games in the long run.

*sigh*

I wanted to stream today too. I guess I'm streaming Hearthstone.

WHOAAaaa..

that stuff the top commentor posted is some really concerning shit D:

"PhatomL0rd AFK. A moderator of the stream said "The cops were called to his house for a hostage situation"."

"PhantomL0rd confirmed the cops are at his home."

Does anyone know more about this DERP organisation?

And why they target PhantomL0rd?

And what's up with this whole thing anyway D: !

I'm confused .__.

I dunno, but I'm getting the impression PL is enjoying the popularity spike...This brings me to a point I've been thinking about for awhile:

I'm going to be frank - I'm not a big fan of streamers (or most other "celebrity" individuals) who set bad examples. PL (toxic, borderline exploitative) is an example of this but there are others such as Athene (who, while he makes a ton for his charity, is known to cheat, get abnormally large amounts of fan support that give him borderline unfair advantages, and the like - I don't care if it's an act because even if it was, is that a good example to set?). I know I can't exactly do a lot about it but hope other people are smart enough to support people who deserve it like SivHD (who worked with Athene's charity thing but is nice, funny, and rather innovative - also sets reasonably good examples from what I can tell) or Zekent (at least he's known to be rather nice, but can't confirm personally). This is largely subjective, however.

Edited by Interest

PL has always been annoying. Hopefully he goes away for good, he's annoying enough his own team couldn't stand him and combined with other factors decided to surprise bench him which was amusing. Feels good to know his own team once brought him to tears after this incident.

I dunno, but I'm getting the impression PL is enjoying the popularity spike...This brings me to a point I've been thinking about for awhile:

I'm going to be frank - I'm not a big fan of streamers (or most other "celebrity" individuals) who set bad examples. PL (toxic, borderline exploitative) is an example of this but there are others such as Athene (who, while he makes a ton for his charity, is known to cheat, get abnormally large amounts of fan support that give him borderline unfair advantages, and the like - I don't care if it's an act because even if it was, is that a good example to set?). I know I can't exactly do a lot about it but hope other people are smart enough to support people who deserve it like SivHD (who worked with Athene's charity thing but is nice, funny, and rather innovative - also sets reasonably good examples from what I can tell) or Zekent (at least he's known to be rather nice, but can't confirm personally). This is largely subjective, however.

Ah ok, have read some of the reddit discussins that go like this: "So I like how both the 'x'Trolling are getting themselves know while 'x'Lord is making money off viewers. Win/Win situation."

And i cannot deny that they actually make sense :/

What amazes me is that huge companies, like Riot, are so easily hacked and stuff like that (sry i don't really know much about all these tecnical things :/ )

And regarding streams: I don't really watch many streamers as my internet is just not capable enough ( ;__;) and i don't have that much time and patience to pour into watching the recorded ones, but i have to say i watched some parts of Siv HD's streams and his videos and this guy is simply hillarious and a freind of mine likes Zekent a lot.

So *shrug* about this whole streamthing, though i heard that there are female streames that only play in rather revealing cosplays to get money, and while i think this goes in the direction of prostitution if people are willing to pay for it and if these girls are willing to have thousand of perverts looking at their boobs then fine by me. *shurgs*

Reddit is lagging like a bitch now too.

So *shrug* about this whole streamthing, though i heard that there are female streames that only play in rather revealing cosplays to get money, and while i think this goes in the direction of prostitution if people are willing to pay for it and if these girls are willing to have thousand of perverts looking at their boobs then fine by me. *shurgs*

It's like reply girls, except more obscure!

Maybe they're all reading while waiting to connect. ;P

:O are they everywhere?

I think Reddit got a DDoS or something. There's a LOT of traffic on the site so either packet flood or bored League of Legends/DotA2 etc players

Edited by Interest

Maybe they're all reading while waiting to connect. ;P

I think Reddit got a DDoS or something. There's a LOT of traffic on the site so either packet flood or bored League of Legends/DotA2 etc players

Hahaha ^^

Ah ok, i only understood half of it but i think i got the general meaning :D

And i think i'll go to bed now, it's 3:30 in the moring here :D

Alright, here's what I know happened:

- Some fuck(s) DDoS'd Riot's servers, along with a bunch of other ones (the hell did Club Penguin do to those guys?)

- A certain dumbass streamer decided to get involved with it

- Said dumbass later claimed to be hacked

What did NOT happen:

- Riot was hit by a DDoS, which isn't a hack (the easiest way I can explain this is the difference between constantly ringing your doorbell and breaking into your house)

What I think happened to said streamer (probably wrong, but I feel like getting it out of my system):

- Someone SWATed his ass, and I'm not sure how I feel. On one hand, the practice of calling the police on someone else is despicable, IMO. On the other, it put an end to the farce.

I'll wait until tomorrow to play, and hope that Riot sorts this out.

Alright, here's what I know happened:

- Some fuck(s) DDoS'd Riot's servers, along with a bunch of other ones (the hell did Club Penguin do to those guys?)

- A certain dumbass streamer decided to get involved with it

- Said dumbass later claimed to be hacked

What did NOT happen:

- Riot was hit by a DDoS, which isn't a hack (the easiest way I can explain this is the difference between constantly ringing your doorbell and breaking into your house)

What I think happened to said streamer (probably wrong, but I feel like getting it out of my system):

- Someone SWATed his ass, and I'm not sure how I feel. On one hand, the practice of calling the police on someone else is despicable, IMO. On the other, it put an end to the farce.

I'll wait until tomorrow to play, and hope that Riot sorts this out.

Supposedly it was another streamer that called out Phantomlord. Also dumbass is a bit light, I'm pretty sure it's fairly malicious and intentional by Phantomlord, I'm pretty sure he did it all out of greed especially turning on sub mode (subscribe via paying) to ask the hackers questions taking advantage of the situation.

I got back from a year hiatus in League. Now I have to work hard to be a moderately-less terrible player again.

I'm aiming for Varus with my IP but after trying Akali and getting frustrated, I'm determined.

His kit is amazing, his voice is sexy, but make sure your support can help you disengage, because the closest thing he's got is his E and ult (which is a pretty meh slow and an eventual root).