I quit FE Awakening

luigi bros

I just did a system transfer from my Ambassador 3DS to my FE 3DS. I wanted access to those titles and switching them back and forth was a pain. I called Nintendo and was assured my two people I would lose nothing in FE13. I clicked do not delete.

I lost 400+ hours. I had a party min-maxed, beat Apotheosis, unlocked lunatic+ and completed the support library. It's all gone.

Granted I wasn't planning on replaying the game any time soon, and if I did it would be another min-max playthrough. What really bothers me is the support library. That's gone and I don't have the patience to redo it.

Just thought I'd rant a little. I'm just that angry.

I always have a nagging at the back of my mind when I save a game or think about deleting an old file. My worst nightmare is to lose EVERYTHING. I can't imagine your wounds...

Wasn't there a save backup thing for the newer firmware update for digital copies of the game?

Isn't that associated with your eShop account?

Despite the fact that I clicked "Do not delete" the SD card was wiped clean.

If I have to repay for the DLC I will complain to Nintendo. I'm not wasting another 50 bucks on it.

I was actually expecting to come in here and see some dumb complaints about terrible story and characters or something, but I can sympathize with you on this one. I've never lost any amount as huge as you did, but I know what it feels like to lose a lot of progress and be completely discouraged from doing more as a result.

At least you got your money's worth out of it, right?

This is redundant advice, but I agree you should have backed up your SD card.

I understand some people don't have SD card readers, but you could have tried looking for somebody or a facility with one.

The thing I can't understand is why would a system transfer erase your SD card? I may have to look that up...

Also, despite the fact that I'm sounding like an ass right now...

I *CAN* sympathize with your situation.

Before I got my save dongle, I lost a save with my Japanese version last year and the card restarted itself because the save was corrupt.

Granted, I only lost 40 hours... so it's not as much as you did.

This is why I transferred my 3DS data to my Fire Emblem 3DS as soon as I got it.

I'm not sure backing up your SD Card would have helped too much either, as aren't those files unique to your 3DS? Like, I didn't think you could copy them from 3DS to 3DS.

This is why I transferred my 3DS data to my Fire Emblem 3DS as soon as I got it.

I'm not sure backing up your SD Card would have helped too much either, as aren't those files unique to your 3DS? Like, I didn't think you could copy them from 3DS to 3DS.

The eShop account is associated to that 3DS after a transfer, so YES that would have worked.

At least 5 friends of mine have dealt with this situation with transferring to a special edition 3DS or a 3DS XL.

All of them have said that transferring their stuff to a bigger SDHC card with the 3DS XL works.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The eShop account is associated to that 3DS after a transfer, so YES that would have worked.

At least 5 friends of mine have dealt with this situation with transferring to a special edition 3DS or a 3DS XL.

Interesting. Well that's good to know so I can tell anyone else I know who's thinking of doing this.

I did a system transfer very recently and had no problems. I haven't heard of this happening before either, you must have made a mistake or just got unlucky. Either way I suspect you'll back up your SD cards now.