• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, what a great idea. I was wondering if anyone would actually get to this.

So I actually do have a question about Laurent. If his father's Kellam and his mother's Miriel, what would be best for him? Support or front? And should I make his final class Sage or Dark Knight?

And out of these three children, Yarne, Gerome and Laurent, who are some of their better fathers?

Edited by Vashiane

Oh wow, what a great idea. I was wondering if anyone would actually get to this.

So I actually do have a question about Laurent. If his father's Kellam and his mother's Miriel, what would be best for him? Support or front? And should I make his final class Sage or Dark Knight?

And out of these three children, Yarne, Gerome and Laurent, who are some of their better fathers?

When I did Kellam/Miriel, Laurent mainly served as a supporting sage. I suppose Dark Knight would be better for him because he could make use of the STR Kellam provides with swords, better DEF, and more MOV, but I like my Rescue staves. :P

I really like Stahl/Panne. Yarne makes an excellent cavalier/paladin, and his caps as a Taguel are pretty bro, as well. Though Frederick, Lon'qu, and Virion are also great dads for Yarne because wyvern rider access. I've seen people hype Frederick, Lon'qu, Vaike, and Kellam with Cherche, but I like Stahl/Cherche because it helps out Gerome's SPD quite a bit with myrmidon/swordmaster/assassin access, as well as Luna/Defender/Ageis potential and Bowbreaker's a great skill for a flier like him to have, too. And for Miriel, Gregor makes an amazing dad for Laurent. 'Nuff said. ...Also Stahl.

Stahl just makes a great dad, in general. :P

Edited by ZMeister

So how should I pair these four characters only? Stahl, Vaike, Cherche, and Nowi?

Edit: Thank You

Edited by Sorin

So how should I pair these four characters only? Stahl, Vaike, Cherche, and Nowi?

Stahl/Cherche and Vaike/Nowi, or Stahl/Nowi and Vaike/Cherche...Hmm...

Maybe Stahl/Nowi and Vaike/Cherche, though? I haven't tried them before, but they're definitely great, from what I've heard. As I said before, Stahl's a pretty great dad, in general. He'll help out Nah's poor SPD.

Stahl/Cherche and Vaike/Nowi, in my honest opinion. Stahl gives Gerome the ability to fix his speed if that ever becomes an issue and gives him amazing skills like Bowbreaker, Aegis (VERY helpful for dealing with wind magic, manaketes (Streetpassing, really) and especially bows. He also gets a two offensive skills - Luna (excellent) and Astra (good for adding damage, not good when dealing with Counter enemies).

Nah on the other hand gains Sol, which helps heal back any damage taken, as Nah's best role is to be a tank and bait enemies, while also being able to completely ruin some of the game's more difficult melee forces. She also gets Armsthrift, Pavise and Luna, increasing her abilities to take damage and deal it out just as hard. No Galeforce, but she barely needs it - plus you CAN always pair her with someone who does have Galeforce, have they attack/kill first, then move towards another enemy and switch to let her attack and stay in front for the crucial enemy phase.

When I did Kellam/Miriel, Laurent mainly served as a supporting sage. I suppose Dark Knight would be better for him because he could make use of the STR Kellam provides with swords, better DEF, and more MOV, but I like my Rescue staves. :P

I really like Stahl/Panne. Yarne makes an excellent cavalier/paladin, and his caps as a Taguel are pretty bro, as well. Though Frederick, Lon'qu, and Virion are also great dads for Yarne because wyvern rider access. I've seen people hype Frederick, Lon'qu, Vaike, and Kellam with Cherche, but I like Stahl/Cherche because it helps out Gerome's SPD quite a bit with myrmidon/swordmaster/assassin access, as well as Luna/Defender/Ageis potential and Bowbreaker's a great skill for a flier like him to have, too. And for Miriel, Gregor makes an amazing dad for Laurent. 'Nuff said. ...Also Stahl.

Stahl just makes a great dad, in general. :P

Wow. Thank you so much ZM. I feel you, I like my rescue staves too, but I actually tend to end up with too many stave users sometimes, so I'm trying to limit myself a little. :)

Stahl is definitely one of the game's better fathers. The only problems I can think of is his Archer class (Bowbreaker is literally the only useful skill unless you want Bowfaire for a Bride or something [/shrugs]) and his slightly awkward hair color. :D

Wow. Thank you so much ZM. I feel you, I like my rescue staves too, but I actually tend to end up with too many stave users sometimes, so I'm trying to limit myself a little. :)

Stahl is definitely one of the game's better fathers. The only problems I can think of is his Archer class (Bowbreaker is literally the only useful skill unless you want Bowfaire for a Bride or something [/shrugs]) and his slightly awkward hair color. :D

No problem, Vash. :) Yeah, can't have too many staffbots, haha. Still, Laurent has some pretty great combat as a sage since enemies tend to have crappy RES.

Bowbreaker's an amazing skill for just fliers, IMO. The reason why I like Chrom/Sumia so much is so Cynthia can work on her own to get Bowbreaker (worth the trouble). Heck, Cordelia would like the skill, too. As for Stahl, I dunno if I like him best with Olivia or Cherche, haha.

No problem, Vash. :) Yeah, can't have too many staffbots, haha. Still, Laurent has some pretty great combat as a sage since enemies tend to have crappy RES.

Bowbreaker's an amazing skill for just fliers, IMO. The reason why I like Chrom/Sumia so much is so Cynthia can work on her own to get Bowbreaker (worth the trouble). Heck, Cordelia would like the skill, too. As for Stahl, I dunno if I like him best with Olivia or Cherche, haha.

When your main team ends up with more staff bots than melee units, maybe you can. XD

True point, most of them do since you usually run into a huge gambit of Great Knights, Generals, Bow Knights and Assassin, all who are tied with the lowest resistance cap and rarely gain resistance in the first place.

It works best on fliers, yes. And Severa - who actually makes an amazing Dark Flier with the right father/support unit - really appreciates the skill as well. Cordelia does too, but I actually rarely keep her as a Pegasus Knight considering that Sumia is actually the better PK out of the two. Or well, she has skills that actually help her ability to succeed (Lancefaire AND Tomefaire as a Dark Flier, Lancefaire and Healtouch as a Falcon Knight).

See, I've argued against threads like this in the past for a simple reason, and that's because if multiple people ask questions at a similar time, then one of them might get ignored, as well as confusing discussion of whose pairings we're talking about.

I honestly think that a guide that covers the pros and cons of every marriage option would be better; I've seen a very good one for FE4 and that was very helpful to me, and I see no reason it wouldn't work for FE13.

Anyways... I'm not actually looking to sabotage this thread; I honestly would really like for it to work out well.

Cherche x Stahl, Vaike x Nowi.

There's not much Nah gets from Stahl besides Luna, and Vaike passes Knight anyways. This way both Gerome and Nah get Sol and Luna, and Gerome gets Vantage and Nah Armsthrift, for what those are worth.

Neither one is a great pairing, IMO, but I think Vaike is one of Nah's better dads.

When your main team ends up with more staff bots than melee units, maybe you can. XD

True point, most of them do since you usually run into a huge gambit of Great Knights, Generals, Bow Knights and Assassin, all who are tied with the lowest resistance cap and rarely gain resistance in the first place.

It works best on fliers, yes. And Severa - who actually makes an amazing Dark Flier with the right father/support unit - really appreciates the skill as well. Cordelia does too, but I actually rarely keep her as a Pegasus Knight considering that Sumia is actually the better PK out of the two. Or well, she has skills that actually help her ability to succeed (Lancefaire AND Tomefaire as a Dark Flier, Lancefaire and Healtouch as a Falcon Knight).

Ricken also makes an amazing sage after going through Mage/Cavalier/Great Knight/Paladin, I found. I think his DEF caps on average finally reclassing back to a sage, which was really nice to see. Buuuuut that's not the topic that's at hand.

Yeah, Severa like Bowbreaker, too. As does Virion!Yarne as a wyvern rider, and countless other possibilities.

Stahl/Cherche and Vaike/Nowi, or Stahl/Nowi and Vaike/Cherche...Hmm...

Maybe Stahl/Nowi and Vaike/Cherche, though? I haven't tried them before, but they're definitely great, from what I've heard. As I said before, Stahl's a pretty great dad, in general. He'll help out Nah's poor SPD.

Not doing Stahl/Nowi is a bit of a regret of mine (should've switched Stahl and Gregor). It's fairly solid and gives Nah access to Luna and Vantage.

Vaike/Cherche is the best of Gerome's possible fathers if you're not looking at a Vacuum Scenario. Gerome does get a bit of a short end of a stick optimization wise, as he doesn't have Galeforce, and like Yarne, isn't very good at magic, although he does get Sage from his mother, so I guess you could set him up with a Vantage father and roll from there, but that's kinda wasteful. This puts him at wanting to be a Berserker Hard Support, which is actually a pretty good role for him. To that end he needs Berserker of course, and wants as much STR as possible. Vaike nails both of those- +7 STR Mod, 'zerk access. That's all he needs to do what he does, which is be the best hard support in the game- and he really doesn't need anything else at all. DG+ might help, but the only way to get everything is to give him MU, but that'll gimp Morgan.

Rate my pairings:

FeMu - Chrom

Lissa - Ricken

Sully - Vaike

Miriel - Gregor

Sumia - Henry

Maribelle - Lon'Qu

Panne - Kellam

Cordelia - Stahl

Tharja - Gaius

Nowi - Donnel

Olivia - Libra

Cherche - Frederick

Trying to do an optimized party, especially with Galeforce on as many people as possible. I know a lot of people recommend Olivia with Chrom and MaMu with a girl that can't get galeforce, but I realized that since MU as a galeforcer would probably be better than a lackluster kid with galeforce, I made her FeMu instead. Anything that should be changed? I don't have any DLC either.

Rate my pairings

Personally, I'd swap Donnel and Vaike. If you're going to give one of the girls Galeforce, I'd say it's better to give it to Kjelle, whose base skillset (Vantage, Luna) is more suited for it.

Rate my pairings:

FeMu - Chrom

Lissa - Ricken

Sully - Vaike

Miriel - Gregor

Sumia - Henry

Maribelle - Lon'Qu

Panne - Kellam

Cordelia - Stahl

Tharja - Gaius

Nowi - Donnel

Olivia - Libra

Cherche - Frederick

Trying to do an optimized party, especially with Galeforce on as many people as possible. I know a lot of people recommend Olivia with Chrom and MaMu with a girl that can't get galeforce, but I realized that since MU as a galeforcer would probably be better than a lackluster kid with galeforce, I made her FeMu instead. Anything that should be changed? I don't have any DLC either.

I'd say you have a good set save one thing. The leftover guy is Virion, correct? You may actually want to switch Libra our for Virion unless you're trying to make a support unit/Nosferatu-tank Inigo. If you chose that pairing to fill that niche, go right on ahead. Otherwise, Virion provides Inigo with the Wyvern Rider set, and add this to his Mercernary set, the Barbarian set and the Myrmidon set and he's basically good to go, although Inigo does really appreciate a father than gives him Luna.

unless you're trying to make a support unit/Nosferatu-tank Inigo.

Huh? I'll concede the Nosfertanking part, but support? Libra!Inigo's pretty much built to lead with Vantage+Vengeance as a Sage.

Huh? I'll concede the Nosfertanking part, but support? Libra!Inigo's pretty much built to lead with Vantage+Vengeance as a Sage.

Ooh, good point. I'll admit magic-using Inigo is NOT my area of expertise... I'll prod my sister a few times tomorrow and see what she thinks, since she runs a Henry!Inigo, which can function the same overall purpose, I do believe.

I've got a few questions for making the best of children of a few non-optimal pairings: Libra/Panne, Olivia/Kellam, Vaike/Miriel and Ricken/Nowi.

I plan to pass off a Wyvern line skill to Yarne from Panne, probably Swordbreaker. She's an Assassin right now though and re-grinding her will be a pain, but I'm going to do it. My question is what to pass from Libra: I'm thinking either Renewal, Vengeance or Miracle. What would you all suggest?

I'm going to jump in the Galeforce wagon and have Olivia pass that down, and I'm stuck between Pavise and Luna for Kellam. Thoughts?

Vaike is probably going to give Laurent counter, but I'm not sure what I should give him from Miriel.

Rickey's a Dark Knight and Nowi's a Wyvern Lord. I was thinking either both Slow and Quick Burns, or Lifetaker and Swordbreaker (to help with Wyrmslayers). Thoughts?

My "post game" pairings (with grind, for the file I use to beat the DLC. Those are not the pairings I use in a non-grind run):

Olivia x Chrom

Mu x Nowi

Sully x Donnel

Maribelle x Lon'qu

Tharja x Gaius

Panne x Kellam

Cordelia x Stahl

Sumia x Henry

Cherche x Frederick

Miriel x Gregor

Lissa x Ricken

Heres a simple draft if you are lazy

Do this first

Chrom

with

Olivia

MU

Sumia

Maribelle

Vaike

Donnel

Gaius

with

Tharja

Sully

Nowi

Frederick

Ricken

Kellam

Stahl

Vaike

with

Cordelia

Olivia

Cherche

Panne

Lissa

Gregor

Lon'qu

with

Miriel

Cordelia

Sumia, MU, and Maribelle is a wild card

Going from these heres an example set up that is aimed for maximum amount of Galeforce and Luna, with an optimized S support access

Chrom x Olivia

Henry x Sumia

Ricken x Owain

Virion x Maribelle

Stahl x Cordelia

Donnel x Sully

Gaius x Tharja

For making a team try to have at least 4 - 5 Staff user, 2 Rallybot and always have Dancer Olivia.

Edited by Salesmaster MU

My "post game" pairings (with grind, for the file I use to beat the DLC. Those are not the pairings I use in a non-grind run):

Olivia x Chrom

Mu x Nowi

Sully x Donnel

Maribelle x Lon'qu

Tharja x Gaius

Panne x Kellam

Cordelia x Stahl

Sumia x Henry

Cherche x Frederick

Miriel x Gregor

Lissa x Ricken

I'm using the exact same team for my grind lunatic+.

An actual question, for a no-sorc run, would Gregor/Maribelle and Lon'qu/Miriel be better? I was thinking about D. Fighter!Brady and Sage!Laurent.

@Vetisan- Yours are great, but I can only use Inigo as a physical fighter. If you want physical Inigo, than Virion is the best.

Edited by Duck

An actual question, for a no-sorc run, would Gregor/Maribelle and Lon'qu/Miriel be better? I was thinking about D. Fighter!Brady and Sage!Laurent.

What's really nice about both pairings is that there are no class overlaps for the children. I absolutely enjoyed making Brady way more overpowered than he already is with Gregor as his father. Gregor gives Brady access to three faires (Sword, Axe, and Tome), Vantage and Sol (very nice on Lunatic+), and Armsthrift. Gregor!Brady is without a doubt, one of the best children for postgame. With Lon'QuxMiriel, I personally felt that the mods were more fitting on Laurent than Lon'Qu!Brady. While Brady will miss out on being the ultimate support unit with lack of access to Assassin and Deliverer, he more than makes up for this by being a great frontliner. And because he'll be doing more work than Gregor!Laurent, the Armsthrift is a really touch on Brady. The best part about Lon'QuxMiriel is that Laurent gets the one skill he needs and that's Vantage. If you pair Sage Lon'Qu!Laurent and Lucina with Dual Strike+ together, you'll have one of the best VV tanks in the game next to MorganxLucina (and maybe more but I wouldn't know). Just make sure you take out enemies with Counter before having Laurent do the tanking.

So the calculation for Dual Strike is:

(Lead & Support unit's combined Skill / 4) + 60

Without DLC, it is most optimal to make Lucina either a Sniper or Assassin.

Sniper Lucina!Olivia with rallies and tonics:

51+4(rally spectrum)+4(rally skill)+2(skill tonic) = 61

Sage Lon'Qu!Laurent:

48+7(pair up)+4(spectrum)+4(skill)+2(tonic) = 65

Plug the figures into the calc:

(61+65)/4+60=91.25

Add bonus from Dual Strike+ (10 more) and you have Laurent tanking with Vantage and Vengeance all day, every day.

Assassin Olivia!Lucina offers pretty much the same thing except here she gives +6 skill on pair up, which is still just as effective for the purpose of achieving 100% Dual Strike, plus the -1 is just very minimal. Assassin is more preferable because when you're going on the offense during Player Phase you can switch between sword and bow against Aegis and Pavise respectively. Another benefit of having you pair up her as an assassin with Lon'Qu!Laurent is that he gains more speed as opposed to defense.

EDIT: Dread Fighter is good on Gregor!Brady, but Sage is miles better on him.

Edited by kDog214

I've got a few questions for making the best of children of a few non-optimal pairings: Libra/Panne, Olivia/Kellam, Vaike/Miriel and Ricken/Nowi.

I plan to pass off a Wyvern line skill to Yarne from Panne, probably Swordbreaker. She's an Assassin right now though and re-grinding her will be a pain, but I'm going to do it. My question is what to pass from Libra: I'm thinking either Renewal, Vengeance or Miracle. What would you all suggest?

I'm going to jump in the Galeforce wagon and have Olivia pass that down, and I'm stuck between Pavise and Luna for Kellam. Thoughts?

Vaike is probably going to give Laurent counter, but I'm not sure what I should give him from Miriel.

Rickey's a Dark Knight and Nowi's a Wyvern Lord. I was thinking either both Slow and Quick Burns, or Lifetaker and Swordbreaker (to help with Wyrmslayers). Thoughts?

Actually, if you're passing a Wyvern Rider skill to Yarne, the best one to pass would either be Lancebreaker (to help counter any Beastkillers as that's a permanent weakness for him) or Deliverer (which adds +2 movement to Yarne if he's paired with someone). As for Libra, Miracle is more of a "Streetpass gimmick skill" like Counter and Lethality, so it won't help you out that much. Renewal paired with Lifetaker can regenerate 80% of your health - which is excellent for keeping him healed, and Vengeance enables him to do higher damage, although the downside is that he has to be pretty seriously injured in order to it to have a pronounced effect.

Inigo can probably go get Luna himself - since it's the level 5 Great Knight skill instead of say level 15. Pavise requires 15 levels of the General class, which isn't going to win an award for the game's best class any time soon. I'd say give him Pavise.

Miriel should give him Dual Support+ since the Valkyrie class is females-only, therefore he can't get that skill on his own. Anything else he can pick up for himself if he needs it.

You probably want Lifetaker and Swordbreaker for her - the Burn skills do add to avoid and hit rates, but they became a bit useless later on when they can dodge and safely hit most enemies.

Uh, Gregor!Brady has Assassin, last I checked.

What I meant was: The main draw of Lon'Qu!Brady is that it gives BOTH and not one or the other whereas Gregor!Brady is missing just Deliverer from making him an ultimate support.