Hi again. Besides the file where the Avatar marries Cynthia, I was planning a file where the Avatar married Lissa as well (since Lissa is my favorite marriage candidate of the women) which I'm going to do when I finally fill out the Support Library. Would these be fine?

1. M!Avatar (+Spd, -Def) x Lissa
  2. Chrom x Sumia
  3. Sully x Gaius
  4. Miriel x Gregor
  5. Maribelle x Lon'qu
  6. Panne x Virion
  7. Cordelia x Vaike
  8. Nowi x Frederick (Nah is getting benched for Apotheosis anyways on this file, since she'll be without an S Support)
  9. Tharja x Stahl
  10. Olivia x Libra
  11. Cherche x Henry

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, pairings. I'm gonna be running this on Lunatic+, so I'll probably want to die by the end of trying to get these, but oh well.

Henry x F!MU

Chrom x Maribelle (Because I'd die trying to get him to marry Olivia)

Kellam x Nowi

Morgan x Nah

And Lucina and Brady will be forever alone.

Since I'll be solo'ing most of the time, I don't have more pairings. These are just to get me through the game.

On 3/10/2017 at 5:22 PM, Trashbird said:

Oh man, pairings. I'm gonna be running this on Lunatic+, so I'll probably want to die by the end of trying to get these, but oh well.

Henry x F!MU

Chrom x Maribelle (Because I'd die trying to get him to marry Olivia)

Kellam x Nowi

Morgan x Nah

And Lucina and Brady will be forever alone.

Since I'll be solo'ing most of the time, I don't have more pairings. These are just to get me through the game.

Here's my take on this (be sure to take it with a grain of salt please :D:)

I'd say that it would be better to go Chrom x F!Robin (And they're easy to get together)

Kellam is not good for Nah at all, try switching for Vaike or Gregor

As stated above Brady wants mods, so Virion, Ricken or Lon'qu would be better here.

So, I've been playing around with pairings for a potential Lunatic run (I've only played through the game once on Hard), and I've come up with a set of options I'm leaning towards, and an alternative set. I do own the DLCs and I'm hoping to take a shot at Apotheosis eventually.

Here's the "Plan":

Cherche x Stahl (or Henry) for physical support Gerome (pair with physical Lucina)

Cordelia x MaMU (+SPD or +MAG / - LUK) for Dark Fliers Severa and Morgan

Lissa x Ricken for Galeforce Sage Owain (pair with Severa or Morgan)

Maribelle x Lon'qu for Galeforce Sage Brady (pair with Severa or Morgan)

Miriel x Gregor for Sorceror Tank Laurent (pair with Cynthia)

Nowi x Vaike for Manakete Tank Nah (on bench)

Olivia x Chrom (or Stahl) for sniper Inigo (pair with general/hero Kjelle)

Panne x Virion (?) for physical support Yarne (pair with sniper Noire) 

Sully x Donnel for physical Kjelle (pair with sniper Inigo)

Sumia x Henry (or Chrom) for Dark Flier Cynthia (pair with Laurent)

Tharja x Gaius for sniper Noire (pair with Yarne)

Alternatively I could make Gaius!Noire into a Dark Flier and Severa into a sniper instead, flipping their supporters.

Edited by BelisariusD

personally i would do olivia x stahl and sumia x chrom, because stahl!inigo is practically identical to chrom!inigo.  unless you really want to do rfk lethality or whatever (not sure if lunatic enemies have dragonskin?  apo they definitely do).  that would leave henry for gerome, who is his preferred option for physical support.

you accidentally listed brady as brady's father, but otherwise those all look good.  

3 hours ago, Radiant head said:

personally i would do olivia x stahl and sumia x chrom, because stahl!inigo is practically identical to chrom!inigo.  unless you really want to do rfk lethality or whatever (not sure if lunatic enemies have dragonskin?  apo they definitely do).  that would leave henry for gerome, who is his preferred option for physical support.

you accidentally listed brady as brady's father, but otherwise those all look good.  

Whoops, that was supposed to be Lon'qu. 

Edit: yeah, upon review there's very little reason to do it  this way and not with the secondary options. So, it'll be:

Cherche x Henry

Cordelia x MaMU (+MAG -LUK)

Lissa x Ricken

Maribelle x Lon'qu

Miriel x Gregor

Nowi x Vaike

Olivia x Stahl

Panne x Virion 

Sully x Donnel

Sumia x Chrom

Tharja x Gaius 

The only one of these I'm still somewhat conflicted about is Panne and Virion. I picked Virion because he was the only remaining candidate who could pass down the archer line for Hit +20, but I'm wondering if Frederick wouldn't be a superior option for Dual Guard+ instead. 

Edited by BelisariusD

These questions may or may not be directly about pairings, but related I them.

Keep in mind with these that I'm doing a Hard Mode playthrough

What's the easiest way to give Owain galeforce? I grinded Lissa to Dark Flier on a Normal playthrough, but since Reeking boxes are so expensive, I wasn't sure if there's a better way

Same question as above, but how about Inigo?

Who should I pair Chrom with? (I'm pairing MU with Cordelia)

Which children should I use? (Besides Owain and Inigo)

Whay are some other pairings I should do?

I'm at chapter one so it's pretty much all open lol

On 3/12/2017 at 3:29 PM, BelisariusD said:

The only one of these I'm still somewhat conflicted about is Panne and Virion. I picked Virion because he was the only remaining candidate who could pass down the archer line for Hit +20, but I'm wondering if Frederick wouldn't be a superior option for Dual Guard+ instead. 

nah, hit+20 berserker is yarne's go-to build. dual guard is ok for filler, but it doesn't making blocking something you can strategically rely on like you can for dual strike.  

13 hours ago, Big Smoke said:

These questions may or may not be directly about pairings, but related I them.

Keep in mind with these that I'm doing a Hard Mode playthrough

What's the easiest way to give Owain galeforce? I grinded Lissa to Dark Flier on a Normal playthrough, but since Reeking boxes are so expensive, I wasn't sure if there's a better way

Same question as above, but how about Inigo?

Who should I pair Chrom with? (I'm pairing MU with Cordelia)

Which children should I use? (Besides Owain and Inigo)

Whay are some other pairings I should do?

I'm at chapter one so it's pretty much all open lol

-  for the campaign chapters, i would just have lissa spam mend (or staves with higher exp if you have it) every single turn no matter what, even if no one needs it.  then have her switch to sage and then dark flier.  if you're asking about grinding, exponential growth dlc is nice, though it is a paid dlc. 

- olivia will be similar to lissa, just spamming dance instead of mend.  easiest thing to do is promote to peg knight at level 10, and then obviously promote to dark flier. 

- whoever you want.  sumia is probably the easiest and best choice, but there's a decent case to be made for all of them except maiden (or sully if you want galeforce on lucina).  maribelle will give you magic luicna, olivia will give you physical, and sumia gives you one who can do both, with excellent speed.   also  with sumia, cynthia gets aether, whereas inigo and brady get the more underwhelming skill rightful king. 

- if this is your first play through, i would honestly just pair whoever you want.  there are some cookie cutter go to pairing options laid out cleanly somewhere in this thread.  can try to find it if you still want suggestions. generally all pairs are great for 99% of the game, it's just apotheosis where there's motivation to actually optimize.  

Hello, I'd like some advices on what I can do with my current file's ships. I'm aware that some of them are quite terrible for the 2nd gen skillwise and that I'm missing some Galeforce, but I'd still like to know to what extent I can make use of them, and which should I pick if I want to attempt Apotheosis.

Chrom x FeMU (+Mag/-Res) (Morgan paired with Nah)

Frederick x Lissa (Owain paired with Severa)

Virion x Sully

Stahl x Cherche (Gerome paired with Lucina)

Gaius x Sumia

Lon'qu x Olivia (Inigo paired with Cynthia)

Henry x Maribelle (Brady paired with Noire)

Donnel x Cordelia

Gregor x Miriel (Laurent paired with Kjelle)

Vaike x Panne (foreveralone Yarne)

Libra x Tharja

Ricken x Nowi

The only two I recruited for now are Lucina and Morgan, so the skills to be passed down are still pending. The most problematic one is Severa here, since I want and I like to use her, but she only has two proc skills that aren't all that useful in Apotheosis (without a VV setup anyway).

I was wondering if I should pass down Aptitude, Counter, Rally Strength (she has access to all rallies except Def, Mag and Str) or some other skill to her... and if I should keep her in the back of a support as a Bow Knight (with Anathema and/or DS+), or still try to go lead as a Hero or Falcon Knight. She's basically Cordelia with slightly better stats and access to Walkyrie.

Also Noire would probably be more useful as a Bride than a Sniper with her Mag modifier, but, Longbows...

Edited by Katsuri

Thoughts on these pairings.  I haven't done a run in a while:

Robin (+Speed/ -Def) x Cordelia

Chrom x Olivia

Henry x Sumia

Lon'qu x Cherche

Vaike x Sully

Donnel x Nowi

Libra x Maribelle

Gregor x Miriel

Ricken x Lissa

Stahl x Panne

Gaius x Tharja

On Thursday, March 09, 2017 at 9:24 PM, Folt said:

Hi again. Besides the file where the Avatar marries Cynthia, I was planning a file where the Avatar married Lissa as well (since Lissa is my favorite marriage candidate of the women) which I'm going to do when I finally fill out the Support Library. Would these be fine?

1. M!Avatar (+Spd, -Def) x Lissa
  2. Chrom x Sumia
  3. Sully x Gaius
  4. Miriel x Gregor
  5. Maribelle x Lon'qu
  6. Panne x Virion
  7. Cordelia x Vaike
  8. Nowi x Frederick (Nah is getting benched for Apotheosis anyways on this file, since she'll be without an S Support)
  9. Tharja x Stahl
  10. Olivia x Libra
  11. Cherche x Henry

Incidentally, what could M!Avatar and Lissa do in Apotheosis?

lissa is usually a staffbot since you need those, and mu is usually a rallybot (since he has access to spectrum, strength, etc.) or hard support.  in this case, you could potentially have lissa act as a lead combat unit with mu as hard support, but no luna/vantage will make it harder to kill stuff.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm looking for some help with second gen pairings (and Robin):

Skl/Def Robin

Olivia!Lucina

Chrom!Inigo

Ricken!Owain

Libra!Brady

Lon'Qu!Severa

Virion!Gerome

Gregor!Laurent

Vaike!Nah

Henry!Cynthia

Gaius!Noire

Donnel!Kjelle

Stahl!Yarne

I was thinking something along the lines of:

Severa x Robin (Wyvern Lord & Berserker)

Morgan x Inigo (Assassin & Berserker)

Brady x Cynthia (Sage & Dark Flier)

Lucina x Gerome (Great Lord & Warrior)

Noire x Laurent (Sniper & Berserker)

Owain x Nah (Sage & Hero)

Kjelle x Yarne (Falcon Knight & Berseker)

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2017 at 7:45 PM, Zero1000 said:

I'm planning on pairing a +Mag/-Res Robin. Would a 1st gen pairing be safe or should I wait for a 2nd gen?

First-gen is almost always "safe," it just sort of depends on what else you're gonna do. If you go with all highly-recommended pairings (e.g. LQ!Severa, Gregor!Laurent, avoid Kellam forever), you'll probably be fine. As I've said before, there's a fairly substantial safety margin if you do 100% of everything at a high optimization level. Each choice away from the highest optimization eats into that margin. Any single choice--even one as awful as (say) marrying Kellam--almost certainly isn't bad enough to "break" things. Awakening is very easy on the player, and even Apotheosis has a wide margin of error if you go into it well-prepared.

Is there some particular parent you were wanting commentary on?

18 hours ago, amiabletemplar said:

First-gen is almost always "safe," it just sort of depends on what else you're gonna do. If you go with all highly-recommended pairings (e.g. LQ!Severa, Gregor!Laurent, avoid Kellam forever), you'll probably be fine. As I've said before, there's a fairly substantial safety margin if you do 100% of everything at a high optimization level. Each choice away from the highest optimization eats into that margin. Any single choice--even one as awful as (say) marrying Kellam--almost certainly isn't bad enough to "break" things. Awakening is very easy on the player, and even Apotheosis has a wide margin of error if you go into it well-prepared.

Is there some particular parent you were wanting commentary on?

Thanks.

Also, yes. I currently don't know what to do with Donnel and Vaike. I've been thinking on Donnel!Noire and Vaike!Kjelle.

I'm planning an apotheosis run and just wanted to ask what are the best final classes and skill sets for these Children?

Lon'qu!Brady!Female Morgan who's father has +def asset and -luck flaw (I'm using the gay hack)
Sumia!Lucina
Ricken!Owain
Donnel!Kjelle
Gregor!Laurent
Chrom!Cynthia
Lon'qu!Brady
Kellam!Yarne
Stahl!Severa
Vaike!Nah
Gaius!Noire
Libra!Inigo
Frederick!Gerome.

I'm playing on lunatic diffuculty if that helps. Also all of the pairing has been done (except Avatar X Brady) so it's too late to change any of them

4 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm stuck on what to have Sumia give Cynthia.  I think I'll have Henry pass down despoil (because gold is needed more than anything else a present).

Are you fine with grinding? Cause I usually passed down either Luna, Renewal, or Tomefaire. It depends on her ending class.

3 hours ago, Ebony said:

Are you fine with grinding? Cause I usually passed down either Luna, Renewal, or Tomefaire. It depends on her ending class.

I'm trying not to grind too much (Sumia is a knight atm and I haven't got her to cleric like I normally do.  Likely Cynthia will be a tomefaire df though if that helps).

On 4/27/2017 at 5:17 AM, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm trying not to grind too much (Sumia is a knight atm and I haven't got her to cleric like I normally do.  Likely Cynthia will be a tomefaire df though if that helps).

I sitll recommend one of the ones. I think I usually put her through Cleric and did Rescue grinds to get the skills I wanted.

5 hours ago, Ebony said:

I sitll recommend one of the ones. I think I usually put her through Cleric and did Rescue grinds to get the skills I wanted.

To that end I have Sumia as a cleric atm but haven't got near enough to premote.  I'm thinking tomefaire (saving Cynthia getting it herself).

Should I have Cordelia give Severa galeforce or try to go for something else?  I've got Ricken giving her Luna (once I get him to that point)

On 4/21/2017 at 3:43 PM, Zero1000 said:

Thanks.

Also, yes. I currently don't know what to do with Donnel and Vaike. I've been thinking on Donnel!Noire and Vaike!Kjelle.

Generally, Donnel is considered better-used with Kjelle than Noire. Kjelle's stats are already decent enough to handle Donny's lackluster mods, and giving Kjelle GF access makes her a true powerhouse. Tharja's mods don't mix well with Donnel's, especially since that means her highest bonus is in Def (which is generally considered useless for Apo). If you have him free, Gaius is a dramatically better choice for Noire's father, though you can still make her a solid Sniper with (say) Virion as a father. (The other +Spd dad is Lon'qu, and there are MUCH better places for him, e.g. fathering Severa.) Heck, even Vaike!Noire wouldn't be bad.

Just to throw out the "generally-recommended" pairings/suggestions, though you should remember these are just one possibility and other options can work: LQ!Severa, Donnel!Kjelle, Gaius!Noire, and Gregor!Laurent are all highly recommended. Mothers should always pass down Galeforce to male children if they can. If Sumia doesn't marry Chrom, she should marry Henry instead (because she has a very limited selection of husbands). If your Avatar marries a first-gen character, you'll end up with 13 second-gen children, so there will be one "bench" character, usually picking Gerome (if Morgan is male) or Nah (if Morgan is female), as they are the least-useful-by-default second-gen characters. Avoid Kellam as a father, and avoid pairings that don't add any new classes (e.g. Gregor!Inigo and Fred!Kjelle) as well as Sumia!Lucina (because this is the only Lucina that cannot get Galeforce).