On 9/27/2017 at 6:10 PM, IEatLasers said:

Chrom and Olivia is honestly OTP

This thread is about optimization not which pairings you prefer.  Besides Robin is the best parent for all of the children hands down.  Whoever gets Robin as a parent is god like levels of power.

Now to back on topic, what skill should I hand down from Vaike to Severa assuming that Cordelia's handing down Galeforce and there is going to be some significant grinding?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

This thread is about optimization not which pairings you prefer.  Besides Robin is the best parent for all of the children hands down.  Whoever gets Robin as a parent is god like levels of power.

Now to back on topic, what skill should I hand down from Vaike to Severa assuming that Cordelia's handing down Galeforce and there is going to be some significant grinding?

Axefaire is unique and Severa can use that in her default Hero or in General (which is the highest strength she can get I think). Otherwise, despoil only takes a Heart Seal. If you're taking Severa to Apo Axefaire's probably where it's at, otherwise you can just go with whatever since the Male-only skills are niche/not useful.

56 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Well, Inigo with Rightful King is the best kid of any Non Robin parent and Lucina could use the extra Luck for some builds 

I generally run LB/GF/Agg/-faire/-proc so Inigo never has room for Rightful King when I'm done with him. It's a cool gimmick, but that's all I see Rightful King as.

1 hour ago, IEatLasers said:

Well, Inigo with Rightful King is the best kid of any Non Robin parent and Lucina could use the extra Luck for some builds 

Not as good as you think he is as there are other better fathers than Chrom who is Cynthia's best "non Robin" parent.  Besides Ingio doesn't even need RK to begin with.  He's better off with Stahl as his father as he gets the same classes.  Sure he might be lacking RK but in the end it's just not that important for the main game or Apo and a waste of Cynthia's best father.  Sumia is the best non Robin parent for Lucina and Cynthia also gets Aether...more useful than RK in Apothesis and the main game.  Hell I don't even run an RK Chrom!Morgan and you would think that if RK was such a great skill it would be something people would suggest for Apo.  Really the only two that make any good use out of it is Chrom and the spotpass King Marth.

5 minutes ago, Bane said:

Axefaire is unique and Severa can use that in her default Hero or in General (which is the highest strength she can get I think). Otherwise, despoil only takes a Heart Seal. If you're taking Severa to Apo Axefaire's probably where it's at, otherwise you can just go with whatever since the Male-only skills are niche/not useful.

I generally run LB/GF/Agg/-faire/-proc so Inigo never has room for Rightful King when I'm done with him. It's a cool gimmick, but that's all I see Rightful King as.

I was thinking of Axefaire but Vaike isn't anywhere near that yet so I guess I've got a bit to go.  Isn't Axefaire in the Berserker or Warrior?  I am pretty sure it's the former for memory.

For Ricken!Inigo what's the best ending class DF or Sage?

8 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I was thinking of Axefaire but Vaike isn't anywhere near that yet so I guess I've got a bit to go.  Isn't Axefaire in the Berserker or Warrior?  I am pretty sure it's the former for memory.

For Ricken!Inigo what's the best ending class DF or Sage?

Axefaire is on Berserker.

Ricken!Inigo depends on his wife in all honesty. If you want him to use magic then if she's physical he can run Dread Fighter, if she's magical he can run Sage. 

7 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Actually Cynthia works great with Henry. 

She's fine with Henry, I just happen to think the +5 speed, Sniper and Aether from Chrom/Sumia is more useful in the long run. 

If I can ask here...

For Cynthia, what ending class might be better for her? Her dad's +Mag/-Str Robin. It's between Dark Flier and Sage; Dark Flier provides better movement, but Sage has higher Mag, although her Mag right now is already pretty great.

1 hour ago, spiderbrush said:

If I can ask here...

For Cynthia, what ending class might be better for her? Her dad's +Mag/-Str Robin. It's between Dark Flier and Sage; Dark Flier provides better movement, but Sage has higher Mag, although her Mag right now is already pretty great.

I like Dark Flier for movement myself.

On 9/29/2017 at 8:41 PM, Bane said:

Axefaire is on Berserker.

Ricken!Inigo depends on his wife in all honesty. If you want him to use magic then if she's physical he can run Dread Fighter, if she's magical he can run Sage. 

She's fine with Henry, I just happen to think the +5 speed, Sniper and Aether from Chrom/Sumia is more useful in the long run. 

I haven't even worked out who to marry to Inigo actually.  I'm thinking perhaps Donnel!Kjelle or Gregor!Nah.  Not entirely sure who should although that would be important.

What class should Chrom!Brady finish up in?  I'm thinking Sage (his wife is likely going to be Gaius!Noire)

On 10/1/2017 at 6:38 AM, spiderbrush said:

If I can ask here...

Might I suggest Valkyrie for Cynthia and Morgan?  You get the good magic and movement as well.  Although I second Dark Flier.  Mobility is the most important thing.

6 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

What class should Chrom!Brady finish up in?  I'm thinking Sage (his wife is likely going to be Gaius!Noire)

Depends on who you have Brady married to. Do you want Brady to hit 75 speed? If yes Brady can barely do it with Sage but he needs All stats+2 and to be paired with a dark flier wife. Also he won't give speed to his wife so she probably won't hit 75. You'd probably have to settle for 69 or 66 speed and in that case it may be better to run Dark Knight for higher movement for himself and his wife.

That's a very non-specific answer, but Brady is usually put in a double Gale-pair that gets 3 actions a turn and wipes out mooks. As long as you hit one of the lower speed tiers it's fine. For example Chrom!Brady@Dark Knight/Henry!Cynthia@Dark Flier will have 72 and 71 speed without All Stats +2 if you've loaded them up with tonics, rallies and LB. That pair also has 9/9 -> 11/11 move (before and after rally) with some flight so they can go anywhere they want. 

I'm a fan of Dark Knight, but Sage has a unique model. I haven't said much about Sage, but it has more power and speed for less move and the power and speed don't make a difference in Apo.

6 minutes ago, Bane said:

Depends on who you have Brady married to. Do you want Brady to hit 75 speed? If yes Brady can barely do it with Sage but he needs All stats+2 and to be paired with a dark flier wife. Also he won't give speed to his wife so she probably won't hit 75. You'd probably have to settle for 69 or 66 speed and in that case it may be better to run Dark Knight for higher movement for himself and his wife.

That's a very non-specific answer, but Brady is usually put in a double Gale-pair that gets 3 actions a turn and wipes out mooks. As long as you hit one of the lower speed tiers it's fine. For example Chrom!Brady@Dark Knight/Henry!Cynthia@Dark Flier will have 72 and 71 speed without All Stats +2 if you've loaded them up with tonics, rallies and LB. That pair also has 9/9 -> 11/11 move (before and after rally) with some flight so they can go anywhere they want. 

I'm a fan of Dark Knight, but Sage has a unique model. I haven't said much about Sage, but it has more power and speed for less move and the power and speed don't make a difference in Apo.

I'm thinking Sage/Sniper Chrom!BradyxGaius!Noire so would that work?

23 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm thinking Sage/Sniper Chrom!BradyxGaius!Noire so would that work?

Should be fine. Once again, if you're willing to compromise a little on power you can run Dark Knight instead of Sage. Sniper/Sage is fine so if you feel good about it keep it.

Just now, Bane said:

Should be fine. Once again, if you're willing to compromise a little on power you can run Dark Knight instead of Sage. Sniper/Sage is fine so if you feel good about it keep it.

I think that was one of the cookie cutter pairs that you could use in Apo, so I think it might work.  Which reminds me how well would Gregor!Sever work with Lon'qu!Owain?

Sniper/Sage is great in a limited environment where you need the stats. If you don't think that you need those stats from Sage, any magical pair should provide serviceable results. A good example of this would be FeMU x Chrom for both damage and the Skl factors (Sniper/Sage in particular hits 100% DS for both leads without DLC). Of course, if you don't need that, you can look for other conveniences like the extra Mov from Dark Flier, Dark Knight, and Valk; they aren't poor choices. You do have to note that most of the stats on a hybrid unit are actually fairly useless (Str probably will never play a role more important than Celica's Gale, the extra Def/Res is most likely not a factor at all, etc.). Even mov itself can be seen as obsolete. Some of my comps dedicate over half its slots to rescue bots. How much of Sage are you willing to sacrifice for the second best alternative? I guess in comps that run minimal bots, the mov can be useful. Just something to think about when deciding your final class.

Tl;dr doesn't really matter, but I think you would enjoy sitting down to think about all the pros and cons.

I would like to know what the best class for each of the children of my pairings would be. Oh, and who the kids should marry. So, hear I go:

Fredrick!Owain

Kellam!Inigo

Ricken!Brady

MaleMU!Kjelle

Sumia!Lucina

Gaius!Laurent

Chrom!Cynthia

Lon'qu!Yarne

Gregor!Selena

Henry!Noire

Virion!Gerome

Donnel!Nah

The odd ones out are Libra, Vaike, and Stahl.

9 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I would like to know what the best class for each of the children of my pairings would be. Oh, and who the kids should marry. So, hear I go:

Fredrick!Owain

Kellam!Inigo

Ricken!Brady

MaleMU!Kjelle

Sumia!Lucina

Gaius!Laurent

Chrom!Cynthia

Lon'qu!Yarne

Gregor!Selena

Henry!Noire

Virion!Gerome

Donnel!Nah

The odd ones out are Libra, Vaike, and Stahl.

Well,  one of the girls is going to get benched since you have 7 girls and 6 boys. It'll be either Nah or Noire (or perhaps Morgan, since you haven't mentioned her?) since they won't be as strong as the other girls. You have many nonstandard pairs that don't really mesh well together and you haven't mentioned Robin's Asset/Flaw so I'd suggest this to start:

Sage!Owain/Valkyrie!Nah or Valkyrie!Noire

Hero!Inigo/ Hero!Severa

Dark Knight!Brady and Dark Flier/Sniper/Sage!Lucina

Sage!Laurent and Dark Flier!Cynthia

Berserker!Yarne and anything physical!Kjelle

Warrior/Sniper!Gerome and anything!Morgan

If you ever go to Apotheosis you can take Chrom/Sumia and Morgan, Kjelle, Cynthia, and Lucina's pairs and make it through without too much trouble. Note that I recommended Sage Nah for using her only -faire (tomefaire) with a Gale-boy that also gets tomefaire. Also you could probably swap Laurent and Owain if you want to change which pair is a double galepair. Noire vs Nah is about whether you want Galeforce or power and I chose galeforce.

19 hours ago, Bane said:

Well,  one of the girls is going to get benched since you have 7 girls and 6 boys. It'll be either Nah or Noire (or perhaps Morgan, since you haven't mentioned her?) since they won't be as strong as the other girls. You have many nonstandard pairs that don't really mesh well together and you haven't mentioned Robin's Asset/Flaw so I'd suggest this to start:

Sage!Owain/Valkyrie!Nah or Valkyrie!Noire

Hero!Inigo/ Hero!Severa

Dark Knight!Brady and Dark Flier/Sniper/Sage!Lucina

Sage!Laurent and Dark Flier!Cynthia

Berserker!Yarne and anything physical!Kjelle

Warrior/Sniper!Gerome and anything!Morgan

If you ever go to Apotheosis you can take Chrom/Sumia and Morgan, Kjelle, Cynthia, and Lucina's pairs and make it through without too much trouble. Note that I recommended Sage Nah for using her only -faire (tomefaire) with a Gale-boy that also gets tomefaire. Also you could probably swap Laurent and Owain if you want to change which pair is a double galepair. Noire vs Nah is about whether you want Galeforce or power and I chose galeforce.

Frederick gives Owain physical mods, he'd be better off as a Swordmaster or another physical class because he ain't going to do magic anytime soon...

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Frederick gives Owain physical mods, he'd be better off as a Swordmaster or another physical class because he ain't going to do magic anytime soon...

He's actually 1/1 for Str/Mag and Valkyrie brings his speed into an acceptable range (he'll only be able to get to 66 without a +speed pair, which Valkyrie conveniently is, and both Noire and Nah get it). Dread Fighter might be an option instead of Sage, depending on how much speed Nah/Noire need. Noire's speed cap is 45 before boosts so she can comfortably hit 70 if you've got all the rallies and tonics with a Sage pair, while Nah's speed cap is 41 and you might want to be faster than 66 but she won't ever be doubled.

If we're only talking Owain's growths, then sure he'll be physical. I assumed Poimagic was looking into long term, however, and gave a response based on that expectation.

Okay, so I'm planning a hypothetical future run for Awakening, and since I'm completely ignorant about the definiton of a good child in Awakening (Appearently, Gregor!Laurent is good, I never would've guessed), I decided to go here. Here's what I've been thinking about.

Spoiler

Lucina - I'm always going to do the Sumia pairing. I know Chrom x Olivia is considered better but I don't want to go through the process of getting them together when I can just pair up Chrom with Sumia early and be done with it, and it's not like Sumia!Lucina and Chrom!Cynthia are bad.

Owain - Not sure what to do here. I did Henry in my last run and got very good results, but it was a story playthrough and I never actually downloaded Apotheosis in Awakening, so I have no idea how well he does there. I think I want my Owain to be magical, since Lissa has -2 Str mod.

Inigo - No idea what to do here. Appearently, Virion is terrible for him (My Virion!Inigo performed rather well though, but again, it was during the story and I grinded my units alot so the kids had great bases), I already talked about why I won't do the Chrom pairing, I'm not that big of a fan of the idea of making him magical, and I have other plans for Stahl (Who seems to produce a lesser Chrom!Inigo that's still good). I want to bench Frederick but if he's the only other good option, I might go with it.

Brady - Going with either Libra or Virion. It's either more speed or more mag + Dark Mage. An advantage that Virion has is that I'm likely to skill grind him, while I will stop using Libra once he gets the skill I want him to pass down, which will result in him having better bases if Virion is his father (My Libra!Brady was the only child without godly bases when I recruited him in my last playthrough). I'm not going with Henry because I don't want him to be stuck with a character I don't like.

Kjelle - Donnel and Vaike seem to be recommended the most, and looking at their mods I can see why. That being said, Donnel has awful mods, but he seems to hurt Kjelle the least.

Cynthia - See Lucina

Severa - I'm going with Lonq'u. +6 Spd and Skl is way too good to pass up imo. Also she might be Morgan's mom.

Gerome - Going with Stahl because he grants him access to Aegis, which is great because he's weak to bows and his Res is piss which means he's also weak to tomes. I also loved his parent's supports, but then again, Stahl has alot of good supports.

Yarne - Either Kellam or Gregor. Gregor!Yarne served me well, but... I really don't want to bench Kellam. I like him too much as a character. Gregor gives him better offense and classes, but Kellam gives him better defense and is overall more well-rounded.

Laurent - Going for pure magic, meaning it's either Libra, Ricken or Henry. Ricken gives the most Mag and Luna but I won't bench Henry.

Noire - Gaius is the most commonly recommended from what I've seen, and my Gaius!Noire did perform well in the short time period in which I used her, so Gaius it is.

Nah - Vaike is looking like a really attractive option. He passes down Knight, Mercenary and Thief and he fixes her awful Spd and Skl mod (And also gives lots of Strength) so I'll probably go with this pairing.

TL;DR:

Chrom x Sumia

Ricken/Henry x Lissa

??? x Olivia

Virion/Libra x Maribelle

Donnel x Sully

Lonq'u x Cordelia

Stahl x Cherche

Gregor/Kellam x Panne

Libra/Henry/Ricken x Miriel

Gaius x Tharja

Vaike x Nowi

Likely to be forever alone:

Frederick, Libra, Virion, Kellam, Gregor

I'm open to suggestions for Owain, Inigo, Brady, and Laurent.

Edit: Woah appearently Kellam is the worst father. Oh well, just because I don't use him as a father doesn't mean I won't use him as a unit.

Chrom x Sumia

Ricken x Lissa

Henry x Olivia

Libra x Maribelle

Donnel x Sully

Lon'qu x Cordelia

Stahl x Cherche

Virion x Panne

Gregor x Miriel

Gaius x Tharja

Vaike x Nowi

Freddy bear x Bench

Kellam x his armor because he seems so sentimental about it

Not sure what to do with Morgan, but I'm leanning towards LQ!Severa as her mom bc +10 spd and +8 skl.

Also, I'm aware that Stahl x Olivia and Henry x Cherche might be better, but I decided the other way around bc muh ships, plus they're still pretty good, right?

Is this good? I'm not necessarily optimizing but I would like to do something close to that.

Edited by Lampy

On 10/13/2017 at 6:00 AM, Lampy said:

Okay, so I'm planning a hypothetical future run for Awakening, and since I'm completely ignorant about the definiton of a good child in Awakening (Appearently, Gregor!Laurent is good, I never would've guessed), I decided to go here. Here's what I've been thinking about.

Hide contents

Lucina - I'm always going to do the Sumia pairing. I know Chrom x Olivia is considered better but I don't want to go through the process of getting them together when I can just pair up Chrom with Sumia early and be done with it, and it's not like Sumia!Lucina and Chrom!Cynthia are bad.

Owain - Not sure what to do here. I did Henry in my last run and got very good results, but it was a story playthrough and I never actually downloaded Apotheosis in Awakening, so I have no idea how well he does there. I think I want my Owain to be magical, since Lissa has -2 Str mod.

Inigo - No idea what to do here. Appearently, Virion is terrible for him (My Virion!Inigo performed rather well though, but again, it was during the story and I grinded my units alot so the kids had great bases), I already talked about why I won't do the Chrom pairing, I'm not that big of a fan of the idea of making him magical, and I have other plans for Stahl (Who seems to produce a lesser Chrom!Inigo that's still good). I want to bench Frederick but if he's the only other good option, I might go with it.

Brady - Going with either Libra or Virion. It's either more speed or more mag + Dark Mage. An advantage that Virion has is that I'm likely to skill grind him, while I will stop using Libra once he gets the skill I want him to pass down, which will result in him having better bases if Virion is his father (My Libra!Brady was the only child without godly bases when I recruited him in my last playthrough). I'm not going with Henry because I don't want him to be stuck with a character I don't like.

Kjelle - Donnel and Vaike seem to be recommended the most, and looking at their mods I can see why. That being said, Donnel has awful mods, but he seems to hurt Kjelle the least.

Cynthia - See Lucina

Severa - I'm going with Lonq'u. +6 Spd and Skl is way too good to pass up imo. Also she might be Morgan's mom.

Gerome - Going with Stahl because he grants him access to Aegis, which is great because he's weak to bows and his Res is piss which means he's also weak to tomes. I also loved his parent's supports, but then again, Stahl has alot of good supports.

Yarne - Either Kellam or Gregor. Gregor!Yarne served me well, but... I really don't want to bench Kellam. I like him too much as a character. Gregor gives him better offense and classes, but Kellam gives him better defense and is overall more well-rounded.

Laurent - Going for pure magic, meaning it's either Libra, Ricken or Henry. Ricken gives the most Mag and Luna but I won't bench Henry.

Noire - Gaius is the most commonly recommended from what I've seen, and my Gaius!Noire did perform well in the short time period in which I used her, so Gaius it is.

Nah - Vaike is looking like a really attractive option. He passes down Knight, Mercenary and Thief and he fixes her awful Spd and Skl mod (And also gives lots of Strength) so I'll probably go with this pairing.

TL;DR:

Chrom x Sumia

Ricken/Henry x Lissa

??? x Olivia

Virion/Libra x Maribelle

Donnel x Sully

Lonq'u x Cordelia

Stahl x Cherche

Gregor/Kellam x Panne

Libra/Henry/Ricken x Miriel

Gaius x Tharja

Vaike x Nowi

Likely to be forever alone:

Frederick, Libra, Virion, Kellam, Gregor

I'm open to suggestions for Owain, Inigo, Brady, and Laurent.

Edit: Woah appearently Kellam is the worst father. Oh well, just because I don't use him as a father doesn't mean I won't use him as a unit.

Chrom x Sumia

Ricken x Lissa

Henry x Olivia

Libra x Maribelle

Donnel x Sully

Lon'qu x Cordelia

Stahl x Cherche

Virion x Panne

Gregor x Miriel

Gaius x Tharja

Vaike x Nowi

Freddy bear x Bench

Kellam x his armor because he seems so sentimental about it

Not sure what to do with Morgan, but I'm leanning towards LQ!Severa as her mom bc +10 spd and +8 skl.

Also, I'm aware that Stahl x Olivia and Henry x Cherche might be better, but I decided the other way around bc muh ships, plus they're still pretty good, right?

Is this good? I'm not necessarily optimizing but I would like to do something close to that.

So I see in that big text block that you never downloaded Apotheosis, a lot of judging on whether a pair is "good" comes from how well it performs in Apotheosis so I'll try to explain why your pairs are good.

Chrom x Sumia: People generally run Chrom x Sumia over Chrom x Olivia because passing Aether to a daughter (Cynthia in this case) is more desirable than passing Rightful King to a son (Inigo) because Aether can be slapped on just about any set and increase average damage while there is no room for Rightful King after other skills. Also, Sumia is an amazing combat unit and Bow Knight!ChromxDark Flier!Sumia performs amazingly in Apotheosis. Also the +5 speed mod to Lucina and Cynthia allow them to run many classes (Sniper, Sage, Dark Flier) and still hit 75 spd in case you want them to fight Anna.

Ricken x Lissa: Owain starts with a magic focus from his mother and Ricken enhances that. On top of that, Owain starts with Galeforce (for more actions) but he has no reliable proc (Luna, Ignis, Vengeance are considered reliable because they are skill% or skillx2 % and when you run the math they provide far more damage on average than astra) that he needs from his father. Ricken gives Luna while boosting magic, so it's one of Owain's better pairs.

Henry x Olivia: Inigo starts with Galeforce so he just needs a proc, something Henry gives. Henry gives a slight magic focus from his mods and growths, but without Tomefaire Inigo is better running physical. If you're looking to run magic Inigo then Libra or Ricken would be a better choice due to passing mage (and thus tomefaire) to him. This pair is fine.

Libra x Maribelle: Brady has all of the skills he needs from his mother, so most fathers are just for stats. Libra boosts Brady's magic, therefore he is a good father for Brady.

Donnel x Sully: This pair is good. It's considered good because it gives Kjelle galeforce. It also gives her and unparalleled class set, but her speed mod of +2 means she has to run higher speed classes with lower power.

Lon'qu x Cordelia: This Severa is extremely speed focused and this allows her to hit 75 speed with the Wyvern Lord class, an extremely powerful and mobile class. You can also boost her damage with Vengeance, so nothing should survive to counter attack her. This is a good Severa pair.

Stahl x Cherche: Gerome is almost universally considered a support character so you just want to boost his damage. Stahl offers Bowfaire for go with Gerome's Warrior and offers Sniper and Paladin as alternate support classes. Berserker is considered better because it gives strength and speed, but Warrior and Sniper are still good.

Virion x Panne: Yarne will usually be a Berserker and he needs an accuracy boost to guarantee hits. Virion's Hit +20 is generally enough to make this happen, so this is a good pair.

Gregor x Miriel: I frequently use this pair because of the +4 skill mod, but I frequently plan niche setups. This Laurent has +1/+3 Str/Mag and can effectively run Berserker (he has accuracy+ skills from Dark Mage), Hero (in case you're running a 100% Dual Strike setup), and Sage. He can also run Vantage/Vengeance Sorceror if you don't care during the main story.

Gaius x Tharja: Noire gets Galeforce out of this pair, so it's one of her best. Since she doesn't have Tomefaire she'll generally stick with Assassin and Sniper to use Bowfaire.

Vaike x Nowi: Nah doesn't get Galeforce, but this is her strongest pair with Axefaire. She generally runs General for power or Hero for speed.

13 hours ago, Bane said:

So I see in that big text block that you never downloaded Apotheosis, a lot of judging on whether a pair is "good" comes from how well it performs in Apotheosis so I'll try to explain why your pairs are good.

Chrom x Sumia: People generally run Chrom x Sumia over Chrom x Olivia because passing Aether to a daughter (Cynthia in this case) is more desirable than passing Rightful King to a son (Inigo) because Aether can be slapped on just about any set and increase average damage while there is no room for Rightful King after other skills. Also, Sumia is an amazing combat unit and Bow Knight!ChromxDark Flier!Sumia performs amazingly in Apotheosis. Also the +5 speed mod to Lucina and Cynthia allow them to run many classes (Sniper, Sage, Dark Flier) and still hit 75 spd in case you want them to fight Anna.

Ricken x Lissa: Owain starts with a magic focus from his mother and Ricken enhances that. On top of that, Owain starts with Galeforce (for more actions) but he has no reliable proc (Luna, Ignis, Vengeance are considered reliable because they are skill% or skillx2 % and when you run the math they provide far more damage on average than astra) that he needs from his father. Ricken gives Luna while boosting magic, so it's one of Owain's better pairs.

Henry x Olivia: Inigo starts with Galeforce so he just needs a proc, something Henry gives. Henry gives a slight magic focus from his mods and growths, but without Tomefaire Inigo is better running physical. If you're looking to run magic Inigo then Libra or Ricken would be a better choice due to passing mage (and thus tomefaire) to him. This pair is fine.

Libra x Maribelle: Brady has all of the skills he needs from his mother, so most fathers are just for stats. Libra boosts Brady's magic, therefore he is a good father for Brady.

Donnel x Sully: This pair is good. It's considered good because it gives Kjelle galeforce. It also gives her and unparalleled class set, but her speed mod of +2 means she has to run higher speed classes with lower power.

Lon'qu x Cordelia: This Severa is extremely speed focused and this allows her to hit 75 speed with the Wyvern Lord class, an extremely powerful and mobile class. You can also boost her damage with Vengeance, so nothing should survive to counter attack her. This is a good Severa pair.

Stahl x Cherche: Gerome is almost universally considered a support character so you just want to boost his damage. Stahl offers Bowfaire for go with Gerome's Warrior and offers Sniper and Paladin as alternate support classes. Berserker is considered better because it gives strength and speed, but Warrior and Sniper are still good.

Virion x Panne: Yarne will usually be a Berserker and he needs an accuracy boost to guarantee hits. Virion's Hit +20 is generally enough to make this happen, so this is a good pair.

Gregor x Miriel: I frequently use this pair because of the +4 skill mod, but I frequently plan niche setups. This Laurent has +1/+3 Str/Mag and can effectively run Berserker (he has accuracy+ skills from Dark Mage), Hero (in case you're running a 100% Dual Strike setup), and Sage. He can also run Vantage/Vengeance Sorceror if you don't care during the main story.

Gaius x Tharja: Noire gets Galeforce out of this pair, so it's one of her best. Since she doesn't have Tomefaire she'll generally stick with Assassin and Sniper to use Bowfaire.

Vaike x Nowi: Nah doesn't get Galeforce, but this is her strongest pair with Axefaire. She generally runs General for power or Hero for speed.

I see. It's good to know that all of my pairings are good.

I figured Henry!Inigo would be more physically oriented. Henry has +1 mod for both Str and Mag so I figured it would work. Actually, that's something I want to ask - is any of Henry's kids actually bad? He has mods that work for pretty much anyone (with his only negatives being -2 lck and -1 res IIRC, and a neutral spd) and gives a proc to kids who need it, as well as Hex/Anthema for Berserkers (I gathered from reading some of the previous pages that Berserkers have shit skill, I don't actually have much knowledge on the subject).

Also, while I'm at it, I'd like to know which of the kids would make a good parent for Morgan (as well as which Asset/Flaw to pick for that). If it's not too much of a bother, that is.

Henry's fantastic for Gerome because he's the only father who passes both Berserker and +Hit skills. He's solid for most everyone else for the reasons you mentioned, and he's really only bad on Kjelle and Noire, who want Galeforce.

Since you’re running Sumia!Lucina, you have an opportunity to get an Aether Morgan with great mods by marrying Sumia!Lucina or Chrom!Cynthia. +Str/-Def gives 4/1/6/5/1/-3/0 and makes yet another fantastic Wyvern Lord or Sniper. +Mag/-Def gives you 0/5/4/7/1/-5/2; the +7 Speed is exactly enough to hit 75 in Valkyrie with Sage support, and Valkyrie might as well be Morgan's personal class because no other children can get it with both Galeforce and Tomefaire. +Spd/-Def is overkill in most cases but has merit in certain challenge runs of Apotheosis.

All this advice is with Apotheosis in mind, of course.

59 minutes ago, Zoran said:

Henry's fantastic for Gerome because he's the only father who passes both Berserker and +Hit skills. He's solid for most everyone else for the reasons you mentioned, and he's really only bad on Kjelle and Noire, who want Galeforce.

Since you’re running Sumia!Lucina, you have an opportunity to get an Aether Morgan with great mods by marrying Sumia!Lucina or Chrom!Cynthia. +Str/-Def gives 4/1/6/5/1/-3/0 and makes yet another fantastic Wyvern Lord or Sniper. +Mag/-Def gives you 0/5/4/7/1/-5/2; the +7 Speed is exactly enough to hit 75 in Valkyrie with Sage support, and Valkyrie might as well be Morgan's personal class because no other children can get it with both Galeforce and Tomefaire. +Spd/-Def is overkill in most cases but has merit in certain challenge runs of Apotheosis.

All this advice is with Apotheosis in mind, of course.

Yeah, I guess you're right on Kjelle and Noire.

Kjelle doesn't want anything from him since she has no use for Troubadour or Thief, and Noire without Galeforce can work from what I've read in this thread, and she should be right at home with a mag dad, but Henry doesn't give Tomefaire.

Hmm... Do Lucina and Cynthia offer anything different from one another? Because I am aware of the fact they offer the same mods and both pass down Aether... But which one is a better partner for Robin? Are they the same in that regard too, or do they offer anything different? Pair up seems to be really important in Apo (Sorry if I sound like a complete idiot, I have alot to learn since I've only played casually so far).

Edited by Lampy

The difference is that Lucina has the Lord class line and Cynthia doesn’t. In particular, Lords have Dual Strike+, which makes it very easy for capped characters to reach 100 dual strike rate.

100% Dual Strike is always powerful, but it's especially strong when Lucina's husband is a Sage with 1-2 range braves (i.e., Celica's Gale), Vengeance, and Vantage. This setup is one of the only ways to reliably take on Apotheosis on enemy phase. The units who have access to all these tools are male Robin, any Laurent with Vantage, any Owain with Vengeance, Libra!Inigo, and any male Morgan. If you’d like to have the option to do this strategy with Robin, consider marrying +Mag/-Def Robin to Lucina.

Marrying Lucina also has story implications that I enjoy.

5 minutes ago, Zoran said:

The difference is that Lucina has the Lord class line and Cynthia doesn’t. In particular, Lords have Dual Strike+, which makes it very easy for capped characters to reach 100 dual strike rate.

100% Dual Strike is always powerful, but it's especially strong when Lucina's husband is a Sage with 1-2 range braves (i.e., Celica's Gale), Vengeance, and Vantage. This setup is one of the only ways to reliably take on Apotheosis on enemy phase. The units who have access to all these tools are male Robin, any Laurent with Vantage, any Owain with Vengeance, Libra!Inigo, and any male Morgan. If you’d like to have the option to do this strategy with Robin, consider marrying +Mag/-Def Robin to Lucina.

Marrying Lucina also has story implications that I enjoy.

Hmmm... That sounds tempting, to say the least. But then, other units can take advantage of it as well... So I think I'll just let Laurent have Lucina (I actually paired them up together in my last file, not knowing that. But that wasn't a good run since Lonq'u and Vaike were bench dads alongside Fred) and marry Robin to Cynthia instead, partially to make my life easier since I won't have to second seal Morgan to get Galeforce (That's just me being lazy). That, and I don't really like the Robin x Lucina pairing aesthetically. Dunno why but I never did.

I'll go +Mag -Def because the mods Morgan gets are more appealing to me.