I'm gonna go ahead and say Bow Knight Virion!Kjelle would be among her best choices.

LB/Luna/AS+2/DG+/Deliverer

The problem is no Galeforce

I think you can replace AS+2 and Luna with Faires >_>

I say

Sage

LB

Luna

Vantage

LB

Tomefaire

Edited by Salesmaster MU

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, sorry, I read sage as a skill.

Anyway, what do you think of these classes?

Sumia!Lucina- Great Lord (Married to Inigo)

Henry!Owain- Sage (Married to Severa)

Avatar+SKL!Inigo- Hero (Married to Lucina)

Gregor!Brady- D. Fighter (Married to Cynthia)

Donnel!Kjelle- Paladin (Forever Alone because nobody likes her)

Chrom!Cynthia- Falcon Knight (Married to Brady)

Stahl!Severa-Hero (Married to Owain)

Fred!Gerome- Wyvern Lord (Married to Nah)

Olivia!Morgan- Grandmaster (Married to Yarne)

Kellam!Yarne- General (Married to Morgan)

Lon'qu!Laurent- Sage (Married to Noire)

Gaius!Noire- Dark Flier (Married to Laurent)

Vaike!Nah- Mana (Married to Gerome)

EDIT: Disregard this, I decided on original class tree run with different marriages (For the 2nd gens, at least)

Edited by Duck

With Sumia as mom, I really think Lucina should be a Dark Flier, mainly because she has access to both Tomefiare and Lancefaire, and has +0 STR Mod and +1 MAG Mod. That is just personal preference. If you want her to use Parallel Falchion so that you don't either buy weapons or forge as often, then Great Lord, Bow Knight, Great Knight or Paladin are just fine.

I personally think that with Frederick as Dad, Gerome would make a fantastic Paladin pair up for Nah. In my opinion, the -2 SPD mod is a huge turn off from using Gerome as either a Wyvern Lord or General but that's just me. Wyvern Lord on the other hand is good for Mobility and tanking physical hits where it is appropriate.

As for Nah, I've always felt Vaike allows her to be a fantastic Hero, but that's just me. I always tend to favor the Paladin and Hero Pair Up mainly for balance, so excuse me for my favoritism/elitism here (I honestly don't know what to call it). xD

@Duck Your pairings have pretty low synergy. Owain and Severa especially. Sage gives useless +Mag, and neither child has Deliverer. Brady/Cynthia and Morgan/Yarne are also not ideal.

And on a related note, some of your class choices don't make sense. General & Wyvern stick out immediately, and others are OK but don't make sense with the pairs they are in (like Grandmaster to support a General).

@Duck Your pairings have pretty low synergy. Owain and Severa especially. Sage gives useless +Mag, and neither child has Deliverer. Brady/Cynthia and Morgan/Yarne are also not ideal.

And on a related note, some of your class choices don't make sense. General & Wyvern stick out immediately, and others are OK but don't make sense with the pairs they are in (like Grandmaster to support a General).

Alright, I was just like, "ZOMG SUPPORTS" when I made this. What second gen pairings would be the best? Anyway, I decided to do a original class tree run, so just disregard that last post.

New classes/Marriages

GL!Lucina + Hero!Inigo

Wyvern!Gerome + Mana!Nah

Sage!Laurent + GM!Morgan

Falcon Knight!Cynthia + Sage!Brady

Taguel!Yarne + Hero!Severa

Swordmaster!Owain + Sniper!Noire

General!Kjele will be paired with Hero!Donny.

This sound good?

Edited by Duck

In The Future Past 2, Brady is a War Monk. And another thing, second gen pairings can look however the way you like, man. Go with what speaks to you. Otherwise, if you want an optimized list, someone will offer you a better one than what I'd come up with.

Edited by kDog214

In The Future Past 2, Brady is a War Monk. And another thing, second gen pairings can look however the way you like, man. Go with what speaks to you. Otherwise, if you want an optimized list, someone will offer you a better one than what I'd come up with.

I know, but it's just original class tree, not whatever the game says.

Anyway, I changed up my pairings to better adapt to the original class tree. These changes being Lon'qu!Severa, Ricken!Laurent, and Stahl!Owain. Just so the hardcore min-max people know, I know that these are not the best. I made a thread about the best a while ago, and that's what I use for L+. Please do not give me tips for the first gens. I'm open to tips about the second gens though.

I know, but it's just original class tree, not whatever the game says.

Anyway, I changed up my pairings to better adapt to the original class tree. These changes being Lon'qu!Severa, Ricken!Laurent, and Stahl!Owain. Just so the hardcore min-max people know, I know that these are not the best. I made a thread about the best a while ago, and that's what I use for L+. Please do not give me tips for the first gens. I'm open to tips about the second gens though.

Hey man. Who says Gregor!Brady doesn't make a good War Monk. ; )

Well, in any case. This is a thread about helping others regardless of their pairings, yes? Unless we're told that it's for the sake of pure optimization, I'm pretty sure we'll already understand and will offer the best help we can give. As for second gens, I really mean it. Second gen pairings can look however you want. That's the best advice I can give.

-------------------

Regardless, I'll try and see if I can help. Let me try to run you through the process. If you want your second gen pairs optimized, you have to consider what bonus each class provides:

Great Lord: 4 Speed, 4 Luck

Hero: 3 Skill and Speed, 2 Luck

Wyvern Lord: 4 Strength and Defense

Manakete: 2 Strength, Magic, Defense, and Resistance

Sage: 4 Magic and 2 Skill and Resistance

Grandmaster: 2 Strength, Magic, Skill, and Speed

Taguel: 3 Strength and Speed, and 2 Skill

Swordmaster: 5 Speed and 3 Luck

Sniper: 3 Strength and Skill, and 2 Defense

General: 3 Strength and 5 Defense

Next, you just have to figure out who wants what and who'll benefit most from that pair up. Now this is fairly time consuming, but the general consensus seems to have always been that the most optimal class pairing is SagexDark Flier, simply for the reason that Galeforce is a game-breaking mechanic with Celica's Gale and that each class offers what the other wants. Sage offers magic and skill while Dark Flier offers magic and speed. As a plus, Sage can provide Staff support. And so, no pair has ever come close to being its contender. This is the most common one I've seen throughout the forum consistently. Other class pairings have been basically flushed down the toilet due the meta being rampant with Galeforce optimization.

I would say pairings like PaladinxHero are an honorable mention for tanking; however, that too has been trivialized by magic users in the form of VV tanks with Celica's Gale and Dual Strike + Lucina...

So, bearing that in mind, if I were to create an optimized list, I'd have to sit here and ask myself: What does Great Lord Lucina want? I'd then have to look at the possibilities that are available and match her with someone that'd make for an efficient pair. Then, I'd have to go down the list and ask myself what the next unit wants and repeat the same procedure over and over until all the pieces fit together...Of course, as you can imagine, that'd take quite some time. Hence, the reason why I'm telling you to go with your gut instinct on this one...It's simply not worth optimizing the second gen pairings.

EDIT: Well, don't get me wrong, there are such things as bad pairings. For one thing, I'd highly discourage you from pairing a Manakete with a Wyvern Lord who already has -2 speed mod. Because both would probably appreciate the gain in speed (from like a Great Lord, Hero, Grandmaster, Taguel, or Swordmaster) more than they would in strength and defense.

Edited by kDog214

Inigo gets a bit of Skl and Spd, Tomefaire, and the Wyvern tree.

Brady gets the Wyvern tree.

I am not a huge fan of the Wyvern tree, nor their skills (although Deliverer is nice), but if I wanted a magical Inigo I'd want a Libra!Inigo or a Henry!Inigo for VV, or a Ricken!Inigo (or even Kellam!Inigo) for better Mag and Luna.

EDIT: Oh wait, and for a physical Inigo I'd want someone with Luna.
Brady should be fine regardless, but I'd rather have a Brady with either Vantage or dark magic.

Just my 2¢.

Edited by Euklyd

Inigo gets a bit of Skl and Spd, Tomefaire, and the Wyvern tree.

Brady gets the Wyvern tree.

I am not a huge fan of the Wyvern tree, nor their skills (although Deliverer is nice), but if I wanted a magical Inigo I'd want a Libra!Inigo or a Henry!Inigo for VV, or a Ricken!Inigo (or even Kellam!Inigo) for better Mag and Luna.

EDIT: Oh wait, and for a physical Inigo I'd want someone with Luna.

Brady should be fine regardless, but I'd rather have a Brady with either Vantage or dark magic.

Just my 2¢.

I never really thought of Virion!Inigo as a magic user. I would try it, but I just can't use magic Inigo. It's more of a personal problem, nothing that I would want to discuss in an optimization thread.

I never really thought of Virion!Inigo as a magic user. I would try it, but I just can't use magic Inigo. It's more of a personal problem, nothing that I would want to discuss in an optimization thread.

Yeah, he might not be. I just had a few ideas about magical Inigo bouncing around in my head, and they kinda leaked out.

I guess I just don't see what Virion really offers him besides Deliverer and Tomefaire, so I probably just picked up on the "Tomefaire" part of it.

I also have never used a magical Inigo (although that's usually because I'm too busy wrecking stuff with Chrom!Inigo)

Edited by Euklyd

Both make pretty good Sages, and enjoy having Deliverer access, but Brady is far superior thanks to Luna. They and Owain are the only kids who can really get away with taking Virion for a father, thanks to having their own proc skills and Galeforce out of the gate.

Astra is kind of a terrible procs

There is only 2 child who can take Virion as a father, and does not have a problem with it

.....sadly only one of them can >_>

It's not that Astra's a bad skill... it's the second you accidentally stumble across a Counter enemy that you're actually begging for it to not proc.

And those two are...?

One of them is Brady

And the second one can't take Virion as a father, so......

Lucina, then.

And Astra is a pretty bad proc IMO, simply because it's so unreliable.

Since I'm heading back to Missouri from D.C., I'm gonna continue the Hard/Classic file I started a few days ago. Pairings:

Male!Avatar/Cynthia: Kind of a given, by ZM Standards. :P Makes a beastly Female!Morgan. What more can I say?
Chrom/Maiden: I'm experimenting with this pairing. I want to see how Lucina will fare as an only child. Buuuut, she has Yarne to support with her, so her Pair Up bonuses- *checks main site for FE13 caps* ...MAIDEN GIVES LUCINA HIGHER STR THAN MARIBELLE (kinda given), SULLY (WAIT WHAT), AND SUMIA. I AM REVELING IN THIS DISCOVERY. ...Unfortunately Lucina doesn't get Galeforce, but she still has a solid class set to take advantage of. Sure to be fun?
Others:
Henry/Sumia
Lon'qu/Maribelle
Virion/Panne
Frederick/Cordelia
Gaius/Tharja
Vaike/Cherche
Stahl/Olivia