Since I'm heading back to Missouri from D.C., I'm gonna continue the Hard/Classic file I started a few days ago. Pairings:

Male!Avatar/Cynthia: Kind of a given, by ZM Standards. :P Makes a beastly Female!Morgan. What more can I say?
Chrom/Maiden: I'm experimenting with this pairing. I want to see how Lucina will fare as an only child. Buuuut, she has Yarne to support with her, so her Pair Up bonuses- *checks main site for FE13 caps* ...MAIDEN GIVES LUCINA HIGHER STR THAN MARIBELLE (kinda given), SULLY (WAIT WHAT), AND SUMIA. I AM REVELING IN THIS DISCOVERY. ...Unfortunately Lucina doesn't get Galeforce, but she still has a solid class set to take advantage of. Sure to be fun?
Others:
Henry/Sumia
Lon'qu/Maribelle
Virion/Panne
Frederick/Cordelia
Gaius/Tharja
Vaike/Cherche
Stahl/Olivia

Donnel/Sully

Kellam/Nowi

Gregor/Miriel

Ricken/Lissa

That's what you can do without changing anything else. Also, finally another Stahl/Olivia user!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what you can do without changing anything else. Also, finally another Stahl/Olivia user!

Aha, thank you. I'm not going to use the extra four right now, but I will for postgame. And man, Stahl/Olivia is my OTP. I almost never not use it, unless I'm in a Frederick/Olivia mood.

Ricken/Lissa is definitely a great pairing, though. Thanks for that again.

So.. I used to pair up Severa & Morgan (F) together to beat up the baddies, but only because they looked good together. By the way, they're sisters.

Now, that I have changed Severa into a Falcon Knight, I will no longer pair her up with Morgan. She will stay with her mother. (Bad Logic, but just stay with me).

So, now that Morgan (F) is ready to be wed, who should I pair her up with?

Here's what I'm thinking for my second playthrough:

Chrom&Sumia (so I have two children with Aether)

Lissa&Ricken

Maribelle&Henry

Sully&Donnel (Should I pass down Aptitude or Counter?)

Cherche&Stahl

Panne&Frederick

Miriel&Gregor

Tharja&Lon'qu

Nowi&Gaius

Olivia&Kellum

FeAvatar&Libra?

I'm pretty sure about the first four, but not about the others. I'm willing to switch those around somewhat, so long as the Avatar gets to marry Libra, Stahl, Gregor, or Frederick. <3

I know that Noire doesn't get Galeforce in this set, but I don't mind too much. I've heard that Noire is better with galeforce than Nah is, because Noire can get better skills, but I like the idea of a manakete with galeforce moreso than another unit. Especially a manakete that can get Astra.

Lissa&Ricken

Maribelle&Henry

Cherche&Stahl

Panne&Frederick

Miriel&Gregor

Tharja&Lon'qu

Nowi&Gaius

Olivia&Kellum

FeAvatar&Libra?

I'm pretty sure about the first four, but not about the others. I'm willing to switch those around somewhat, so long as the Avatar gets to marry Libra, Stahl, Gregor, or Frederick. <3

I know that Noire doesn't get Galeforce in this set, but I don't mind too much. I've heard that Noire is better with galeforce than Nah is, because Noire can get better skills, but I like the idea of a manakete with galeforce moreso than another unit. Especially a manakete that can get Astra.

I'd switch Kellam and Stahl. Inigo needs luna and his speed. Kellam!Gerome is quite good since he gets everything he wants from Fred

barring aegis, which isn't necessary since he will be supporting,

Lissa&Ricken

Maribelle&Henry

Cherche&Stahl

Panne&Frederick

Miriel&Gregor

Tharja&Lon'qu

Nowi&Gaius

Olivia&Kellum

FeAvatar&Libra?

HEY! WHAT ABOUT CORDELIA?

DO YOU NOT LIKE SEVERA?

Don't hate me but... help please...Lunatic...must beat...again...

ChromxSumia*
MaMUxCordelia*
HenryxLissa
FrederickxOlivia
VirionxMaribelle
DonnelxSully
StahlxNowi
GregorxPanne
Lon'quxMiriel
GaiusxTharja
VaikexCherche
Disclaimer: The ones with * are nonnegotiable and I REFUSE to use Ricken(Blame my dislike of him). Everybody else is fair game.

OK, looking over this relatively quickly...

ChromxSumia*
MaMUxCordelia*
HenryxLissa Rather good, gives Owain VV(W).
FrederickxOlivia Pretty good, although personally I'd go for Libra!Inigo and tank with Vantage + Vengeance and Tomes, but Frederick works as well.
VirionxMaribelle Gregor would be better here, IMO, for Vantage and Sol and Armsthrift and such.
DonnelxSully Very good.
StahlxNowi I might transfer Vaike here.
GregorxPanne I'd say Kellam or someone here, so that Yarne has DG+, since he's best as a support, IMO.
Lon'quxMiriel Good, although Stahl might be better (for potential Luna, although VV will probably be better anyways).
GaiusxTharja Very good
VaikexCherche Pretty good, for a hard support, although I might prefer Frederick here, for DG+ among other things.
Disclaimer: The ones with * are nonnegotiable and I REFUSE to use Ricken(Blame my dislike of him). Everybody else is fair game.

First of all, for merely beating Lunatic, you don't need optimal pairs of any sort (correction: you don't need optimal pairs of any sort ever, unless you're trying to clear Apotheosis w/o DLC or something). If you just want to beat Lunatic, ignore this.

Anyways....

So I'd say my preferences would be:

Chrom x Sumia*
MaMU x Cordelia*
Henry x Lissa
Frederick x Olivia or Libra x Olivia
Gregor x Maribelle or Lon'qu x Miriel
Donnel x Sully
Stahl x Nowi or Vaike x Nowi
Kellam x Panne
Lon'qu x Miriel or Stahl x Miriel or Gregor x Miriel
Gaius x Tharja
Vaike x Cherche or Frederick x Cherche or Stahl x Cherche

(the choices listed second are preferable, IMO)

Looking back, I noticed that by chance I entirely forgot to include Ricken anywhere, so I don't need to re-do this and remove him. So, yay, I guess.

I realize that I'm leaving a lot of choices up to you, but I don't really like telling someone exactly what they should be doing.

ChromxSumia*
MaMUxCordelia*
HenryxLissa
FrederickxOlivia
VirionxMaribelle
DonnelxSully
StahlxNowi
GregorxPanne
Lon'quxMiriel
GaiusxTharja
VaikexCherche

I realized that I helped you set up these pairings, but I'd say switch Vaike and Stahl. Vaike!Nah is a beast, and Stahl!Gerome is a vantage-getting, slightly faster version of Fred!Gerome. When looking at Libra!Inigo, I always find him outdone a lot by Laurent, and Fred gives him luna and deliverer, as well as amazing mods for a hero class.

I have a bit of a debate I want to throw out for my sister's sake, since she wanted to know this:

Lon'qu!Brady vs. Henry!Brady - which is better?

Well I've tried both and I can say Brady likes Vantage and the speed from Lon'qu ALOT.

I have a bit of a debate I want to throw out for my sister's sake, since she wanted to know this:

Well I've tried both and I can say Brady likes Vantage and the speed from Lon'qu ALOT.

I've actually never tried either of them.

For all of my playthroughs, I've made Maribelle marry Libra, for hair color, of course.

I've always wanted the children to actually HAVE their official artwork hair color.

Like, in Future Past 1, 2 & 3. I made a new file, JUST to see their parent's actual hair color. (Before they were married, of course).

I like Lon'qu!Laurent, so I usually use Henry!Brady. That also gives him high STR, high MAG, and axefaire as a war monk.

Just randomly, did you have Virion as Inigo's father for that run?

Because War Monks are a great class, what with their Bolt Axes and their Tomahawks.

/sarcasm

I'm assuming that we're discussing best pairing for Brady only, and not looking at which other kids benefit more from either of those two than Brady does.

Honestly Brady is very hard to screw up, as he gets Luna and Maribelle is assumed to pass Galeforce (okay, you could have Maribelle not pass Galeforce - that could do it).

I prefer Vantage without Vengeance to Vengeance without Vantage, so I'd go with Lon'qu (the Spd is also very nice, of course). I mean, Henry!Brady can always Nosfatank, but I think Vantage is more fun.

So I'm inclined to say that Lon'qu!Brady > Henry!Brady.

Right, since I'm about to start my Lunatic file (which is going to be my postgame mix/max file since Lunatic+ is going to be too frustrating for me to worry about that stuff) I figured I'd get some feedback on my current character loadout. Playing with MaMU because reasons...and I'm annoyed that these reasons are making me suboptimal, yes.

Olivia!Lucina: Paladin Support Skills: Dual Strike, Dual Guard, Galeforce, Luna, Limit Break

Libra!Owain: Dread Fighter Lead (because unfortunately, dialogue consistency is worth more than cutting off his sword hand and calling him Jaime Lannister.) Skills: Vantage, Vengeance, Limit Break, Galeforce, Filler

Vaike!Brady: Berserker/Warmonk Support (depending on Yarne) Skills: Galeforce, Dual Guard, Axefaire, Luna, Limit Break

Henry!Cynthia: Dark Flyer Lead Skills: Galeforce, Luna, Filler, Limit Break, Tomefaire

Lon'qu!Severa: Hero Lead Skills: Galeforce, Vantage, Vengeance, Limit Break, Armsthrift

Donnel!Kjelle: I have no idea what to do with her. considering Falcon Knight for Class Diversity, but I'd rather pick her something good, y'know?

Gaius!Noire: Sorcerer Lead Skills: Galeforce, Vantage, Vengeance, Limit Break, Filler

Gregor!Laurent: Sage Lead Skills: Vantage, Vengeance, Armsthrift, Tomefaire, Limit Break

Stahl!Gerome: Wyvern Lord (obligatory <3 Wyverns) Support Skills: Dual Guard, Dual Support, Luna, Limit Break, Filler

Kellam(?)!Yarne: Berserker Support: Axefaire, Limit Break, Luna, Filler, Dual Guard

???!Nah: absolutely no idea.

???!Morgan: Dark Flyer/Valkyrie(?) Lead Skills: Galeforce, Limit Break, Luna, Tomefaire, Armsthrift

MaMU: ??? Lead Skills: Vantage, Vengeance, Tomefaire/Aggressor, Limit Break, Armsthrift

Random Silly-looking Einherjar: Bride Rallybot Skills: Spectrum, Heart, Magic, Strength, Limit Break

How does this look? Anyone care to help me with the few I haven't decided on yet? MU goes to either whichever kid I like the supports of the most, or one of the parents if apparently all the kids' supports suck (I'm not reading them. I'mma try and complete the support log personally because of my own stupidity). Considering Lucina because I didn't do her plot affecting support on my first run, so I still need to get that done, although up to B rank from what I've seen its kidna dull, so thinking of other options. Also apparently really sub optimal.

Yarne and Nah seem to be the most likely to get kicked out of the final Roster, since I hate Nah after doing really poorly on her recruit paralogue on my first run and Yarne because...I don't know. I guess I"m just more interested in using everyone else?

Also, I'm not doing Stahl!Cordelia. I had them at A rank support last run and it was boring. I at least want my supports to be interesting.

Oh, I just realized I forgot all about Inigo. No idea what to do with him in any way shape or form.

Edited by Lumek

I'd say it looks very good, overall. I'm not sure that Vaike!Brady is a great idea, but it should work fine (I probably have more of a problem with his class being War Monk or Berserker as opposed to Sage or something). War

I would probably say pair Maribelle and Ricken and make Brady a Sage, since I don't actually think Vaike is contributing much there (although I did have a Vaike!Brady as a Berserker once, and it was okay).

I would then pair Vaike with Nowi so that Nah gets Sol and Luna (although don't use both at the same time) and Armsthrift is nice.

Then I'd say Frederick!Yarne would be a better support than Kellam!Yarne, since he has slightly higher Str. Kellam!Yarne does get Assassin, which I personally think is a very good class for a support unit (Bows ignoring WTA is nice, and they're pretty powerful); they both have their advantages.

For a magical Morgan like the one you propose, I'd say marry either Lucina, Cynthia, or Severa, but it sounds like you care more about supports for that pairing, so do whatever.

I don't know where you got the idea that marrying Lucina is "really sub-optimal", though.

I'm not sure whether you wanted advice on final skillsets and classes as well, though.

EDIT: I may as well include advice on that, although I feel less confident about that.

[spoiler=Skillsets and classes]

As far as final skillsets and classes are concerned...

Chrom!Inigo can do many things; I'd probably do something like

Chrom!Inigo: Hero Lead; Skills: Armsthrift, Limit Breaker, Luna, Astra, Galeforce

which should give him about a 75% chance of activating a skill.

You could easily do something else like a Dread Fighter Vantage build, or a Berserker/Paladin/Assassin support, but I like Heroes.

Actually, looking at your balance I'd say you'll want more supports, so I'd recommend

Chrom!Inigo; Assassin Support; Skills: Armsthrift, Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Luna, Bowfaire/Dual Guard+

Donnel!Kjelle is in a similar boat; she could do well as either a lead or a support (although you're currently lead-heavy). Falcon Knights are kinda lame though. For a support, I'd make her a Dark Flier if she's supporting a magical unit, and a Paladin or Assassin if she's supporting a physical unit.

Something like

Donnel!Kjelle; Paladin Support; Armsthrift, Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Luna, Lancefaire/Dual Guard+ (which is basically identical to Inigo)

or

Donnel!Kjelle; Dark Flier Lead; Armsthrift, Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Luna, Vantage

You said something about class variety; in my opinion, variety isn't actually super useful. I'd actually heavily favor Tome-wielding classes for leads, especially leads with Vantage, so that they can attack first for either 1-range or 2-range.

I feel like I'm not particularly great at coming up with skillsets...

Edited by Euklyd

Sooo.........

Who should I pair Nah with? I'd normally pair with Morgan..

The only thing is, Morgan is a girl, and married to Brady..

So, Nah's husband?

Ah. This is completely for fun. I don't care about stats and whatnot. Who does she have good chemistry with?

Vaike!Brady's pretty good. Most of Vaike's sons are basically slightly worse versions of Henry's sons, but Brady still gets what he wants out of him. (Barbarian access)

For Nah, she doesn't really have good selection out of who's left, although Fred's probably the best thanks to Pavise/Aegis access. For pairing Nah, I usually give her to someone like Assassin!Yarne to boost up her speed. You could also do a shuffle of Frederick!Yarne and Kellam!Nah if you wanted, though. Yarne gets Aegis and Wyvern, while Nah trades Aegis for Cleric + Thief. Could be useful depending on what you want to do.

As for Inigo, Chrom!Inigo is arguably one of the best ones you can get, thanks mostly to Galeforce + Great Knight, but also because he gets more speed out of the deal. He can run something like Galeforce/Luna/Limit Break/fillers and he'll do fine regardless of class.

Right, since I'm about to start my Lunatic file (which is going to be my postgame mix/max file since Lunatic+ is going to be too frustrating for me to worry about that stuff) I figured I'd get some feedback on my current character loadout. Playing with MaMU because reasons...and I'm annoyed that these reasons are making me suboptimal, yes.

Olivia!Lucina: Paladin Support Skills: Dual Strike, Dual Guard, Galeforce, Luna, Limit Break Good.

Libra!Owain: Dread Fighter Lead (because unfortunately, dialogue consistency is worth more than cutting off his sword hand and calling him Jaime Lannister.) Skills: Vantage, Vengeance, Limit Break, Galeforce, Filler Good.

Vaike!Brady: Berserker/Warmonk Support (depending on Yarne) Skills: Galeforce, Dual Guard, Axefaire, Luna, Limit Break lolwhat? Henry!Brady

Henry!Cynthia: Dark Flyer Lead Skills: Galeforce, Luna, Filler, Limit Break, Tomefaire Good.

Lon'qu!Severa: Hero Lead Skills: Galeforce, Vantage, Vengeance, Limit Break, Armsthrift Good.

Donnel!Kjelle: I have no idea what to do with her. considering Falcon Knight for Class Diversity, but I'd rather pick her something good, y'know? Paladin.

Gaius!Noire: Sorcerer Lead Skills: Galeforce, Vantage, Vengeance, Limit Break, Filler Good.

Gregor!Laurent: Sage Lead Skills: Vantage, Vengeance, Armsthrift, Tomefaire, Limit Break Good.

Stahl!Gerome: Wyvern Lord (obligatory <3 Wyverns) Support Skills: Dual Guard, Dual Support, Luna, Limit Break, Filler Switch Stahl and Kellam

Kellam(?)!Yarne: Berserker Support: Axefaire, Limit Break, Luna, Filler, Dual Guard See above.

???!Nah: absolutely no idea. THE VAIKE or MaMU if you want total optimization and awesomeness.

???!Morgan: Dark Flyer/Valkyrie(?) Lead Skills: Galeforce, Limit Break, Luna, Tomefaire, Armsthrift If Nowi!Morgan then Mana. Otherwise Noire or Cynthia as the madre.

MaMU: ??? Lead Skills: Vantage, Vengeance, Tomefaire/Aggressor, Limit Break, Armsthrift Nowi, or Noire/Cynthia.

Inigo; give him luna, aggessor, LG, GF, and AT. Class should be hero.

Sooo.........

Who should I pair Nah with? I'd normally pair with Morgan..

The only thing is, Morgan is a girl, and married to Brady..

So, Nah's husband?

Ah. This is completely for fun. I don't care about stats and whatnot. Who does she have good chemistry with?

Her supports with Inigo are funny, but you'll feel bad for him. Yarne is good because he actually become brave in her supports with him.

Vaike!Brady's pretty good. Most of Vaike's sons are basically slightly worse versions of Henry's sons, but Brady still gets what he wants out of him. (Barbarian access)

For Nah, she doesn't really have good selection out of who's left, although Fred's probably the best thanks to Pavise/Aegis access. For pairing Nah, I usually give her to someone like Assassin!Yarne to boost up her speed. You could also do a shuffle of Frederick!Yarne and Kellam!Nah if you wanted, though. Yarne gets Aegis and Wyvern, while Nah trades Aegis for Cleric + Thief. Could be useful depending on what you want to do.

As for Inigo, Chrom!Inigo is arguably one of the best ones you can get, thanks mostly to Galeforce + Great Knight, but also because he gets more speed out of the deal. He can run something like Galeforce/Luna/Limit Break/fillers and he'll do fine regardless of class.

OH WAIT.

LOL, I ALREADY PAIRED HER WITH YARNE.

MY BAD, GO BACK TO YOUR DINNER.

Edited by Carter