• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you're going for original classes, Wyvern Lords are pretty darn slow, so I'd actually go for +Spd/-Lck.

Re: "canon" pairings

Given:

Virion x Olivia

Chrom x Sumia

Lon'qu x Lissa

Frederick x Cherche

Gregor x Nowi

Vaike x Sully

Stahl x Cordelia

Ricken x Maribelle

Libra x Tharja

Gaius x Panne

Kellam x Miriel

Edit: just realized you only are going for canon classes. Ignore me.

Edited by Meteor

So I don't trust Chrom to ever live ... I get the impression he's squishy (Maybe he isn't but that's how I see him)

ANd I'm wondering what female can be a good defense unit for Chrom to be an offensive support... (Or can I build Chrom Defensive enough that he won't get owned on Lunatic+)

This last time he was married to MU and he just hid behind her the whole game... but I just found Priam... and I dig his style I wouldn't mind using him so that means Mu is going to hook up with Priam.....so Chrom needs a new partner....since I HAVE to use him.

So I don't trust Chrom to ever live ... I get the impression he's squishy (Maybe he isn't but that's how I see him)

ANd I'm wondering what female can be a good defense unit for Chrom to be an offensive support... (Or can I build Chrom Defensive enough that he won't get owned on Lunatic+)

This last time he was married to MU and he just hid behind her the whole game... but I just found Priam... and I dig his style I wouldn't mind using him so that means Mu is going to hook up with Priam.....so Chrom needs a new partner....since I HAVE to use him.

I might suggest Sumia for that, actually. Her speed is fast enough to avoid getting doubled by things, which is good defensively. Sully works too like what Meteor said, but it kinda screws Lucina/Kjelle over compared to their other dads so I'm not really sure about that. Haven't played Lunatic though, so I'm not really sure.

I have been a big fan of Vaike!Nah in the past, but she won't have Galeforce or a husband, and it frees up Vaike and therefore Stahl, meaning the males without GF can shuffle around a little. This is what I'm thinking makes the most sense. Anyone have any opinions on the matter?

If you're not using Nah, yeah I'd agree that Kellam would be the best of what we have left. But if you still wanted to do Vaike!Nah, you could do a shuffle of Stahl -> Severa and Kellam -> Gerome. Severa loses Axefaire but gains Vantage/Swordfaire/Assassin/Archer, while the drop from Stahl to Kellam for Gerome is basically Pavise instead of Aegis, no Bowbreaker/Bowfaire, and running Assassin as a potential physical support instead of Paladin.

Could also further shuffle that with Frederick -> Gerome and Kellam -> Yarne, but it depends on what you're looking for.

And if I were to happen to do a canon/original class tree run, how's this?

Chrom x Sumia

Frederick x Lissa

Virion x Olivia (Will not change this, it's my OTP)

Gregor x Mari

Donnel x Sully

Vaike x Cordelia

Stahl x Panne

Ricken x Miriel

Lon'qu x Tharja

Gaius x Nowi

Looks good to me. Only thing I might be a little iffy on would be Gregor for Brady if he's going Sage instead of War Monk, but if you don't need him elsewhere it should work out.

Kind of tempted to move Gaius to Tharja since Noire gets Galeforce in addition to all the good stuff she gets from the Myrmidon tree, but it would be a bit of a domino effect and might mess some of your other pairings up, so I'll leave it alone for now.

If you're not using Nah, yeah I'd agree that Kellam would be the best of what we have left. But if you still wanted to do Vaike!Nah, you could do a shuffle of Stahl -> Severa and Kellam -> Gerome. Severa loses Axefaire but gains Vantage/Swordfaire/Assassin/Archer, while the drop from Stahl to Kellam for Gerome is basically Pavise instead of Aegis, no Bowbreaker/Bowfaire, and running Assassin as a potential physical support instead of Paladin.

Could also further shuffle that with Frederick -> Gerome and Kellam -> Yarne, but it depends on what you're looking for.

I would rather have the "good" fathers go to characters who are actually going to see some playtime, rather than compromise to make Nah fit in. All Severa truly needs for her final skillset is Luna and a -faire skill, which Vaike provides. He also gives Assassin access if I ever wanted to go that route. The only thing she could really complain about is the lack of Vantage, but her natural class set is much better suited to murder the hell out of enemies on PP with GF. The best use cases for VV that I can think of are the Death's Embrace and Future Past 3 DLC episodes. I haven't decided if it's worth shuffling fathers around for that.

The way I have it set up currently allows Stahl!Gerome to be a pure support for Severa in the form of a Bow Knight with LB, DG+, Aggressor, Bowfaire, and AS+2. This pairing actually is somewhat of an undecided idea of mine, since he gets the same exact skillset from Ricken who is otherwise not being used, but he loses 3 Str. The tradeoff is that Severa can take Stahl (with the additional side effect that Vaike can father Nah).

Re: "canon" pairings

Given:

Virion x Olivia

Chrom x Sumia

Lon'qu x Lissa

Frederick x Cherche

Gregor x Nowi

Vaike x Sully

Stahl x Cordelia

Ricken x Maribelle

Libra x Tharja

Gaius x Panne

Kellam x Miriel

Edit: just realized you only are going for canon classes. Ignore me.

Finally! Someone else who doesn't want Stahl x Sully as canon! Anyway, original class run. I'm thinking Avatar will be better off with Lissa, because he can provide an amazing amount of strength as well as all the classes.

Chrom x Sumia

Virion x Olivia

Henry x Maribelle

Donnel x Sully

Vaike x Cordelia

Gregs x Cherche

Frederick x Panne

Lon'qu x Miriel

Gaius x Tharja

Stahl x Nowi

Anyway, the kids will all be in FP classes (Except Morgan, who will be Grandmaster). Adults will be in their double duel classes, and the ones who don't have double duel levels will be original class tree whichever I think fits better. Thoughts on second gens skill sets and pairings?

I would rather have the "good" fathers go to characters who are actually going to see some playtime, rather than compromise to make Nah fit in. All Severa truly needs for her final skillset is Luna and a -faire skill, which Vaike provides. He also gives Assassin access if I ever wanted to go that route. The only thing she could really complain about is the lack of Vantage, but her natural class set is much better suited to murder the hell out of enemies on PP with GF. The best use cases for VV that I can think of are the Death's Embrace and Future Past 3 DLC episodes. I haven't decided if it's worth shuffling fathers around for that.

The way I have it set up currently allows Stahl!Gerome to be a pure support for Severa in the form of a Bow Knight with LB, DG+, Aggressor, Bowfaire, and AS+2. This pairing actually is somewhat of an undecided idea of mine, since he gets the same exact skillset from Ricken who is otherwise not being used, but he loses 3 Str. The tradeoff is that Severa can take Stahl (with the additional side effect that Vaike can father Nah).

Fair enough. Stahl!Severa and Vaike!Severa are similar quite in a few ways, both having Great Knight & Assassin access, both get a relevant faire and both get some pretty crazy physical modifiers. The only downside I can think of is again, the lack of Vantage, but she'll probably be fine without it if she's going the Galeforce offensive route.

Between Ricken and Stahl for Gerome though,(forgot Ricken was free there) I'd go Stahl if you're specifically using him as a bow knight support. Both get Cavalier + Archer, but Gerome also wants Vantage and maybe Swordfaire and Assassin. I actually prefer using Stahl!Gerome as a bulky frontliner with Vantage/Sol and Aegis, but he does support exceptionally like, well, pretty much any Stahl kid.

Finally! Someone else who doesn't want Stahl x Sully as canon! Anyway, original class run. I'm thinking Avatar will be better off with Lissa, because he can provide an amazing amount of strength as well as all the classes.

Chrom x Sumia

Virion x Olivia

Henry x Maribelle

Donnel x Sully

Vaike x Cordelia

Gregs x Cherche

Frederick x Panne

Lon'qu x Miriel

Gaius x Tharja

Stahl x Nowi

Anyway, the kids will all be in FP classes (Except Morgan, who will be Grandmaster). Adults will be in their double duel classes, and the ones who don't have double duel levels will be original class tree whichever I think fits better. Thoughts on second gens skill sets and pairings?

I thought you were just saying you didn't like +Str Owain. :P

I like most of those pairings, but I would switch Stahl and Gregor, personally; mostly for Nah's sake. Gerome will miss out on Axefaire but can get Aegis and Luna instead, while Nah gets Sol, Renewal, & Armsthrift for super taking sustainability. Alternately you could swap Vaike and Stahl. IMO Severa turns out like 1% better that way.

Fair enough. Stahl!Severa and Vaike!Severa are similar quite in a few ways, both having Great Knight & Assassin access, both get a relevant faire and both get some pretty crazy physical modifiers. The only downside I can think of is again, the lack of Vantage, but she'll probably be fine without it if she's going the Galeforce offensive route.

Between Ricken and Stahl for Gerome though,(forgot Ricken was free there) I'd go Stahl if you're specifically using him as a bow knight support. Both get Cavalier + Archer, but Gerome also wants Vantage and maybe Swordfaire and Assassin. I actually prefer using Stahl!Gerome as a bulky frontliner with Vantage/Sol and Aegis, but he does support exceptionally like, well, pretty much any Stahl kid.

I don't intend to use Gerome as a frontliner at all, so the Vantage access goes to waste on him. I think I'll go the Ricken route, even though I hate to lose the +3 attack (*8 for dual braves). Vantage+Vengeance is just too fun to lock myself out of the option.

Yet as I say that, I remember that Gerome can no longer be an Assassin if I take Stahl away... ugh. Well then again, I wanted Assassin to support VV Severa, which is mutually exclusive. Hell, Ricken!Gerome it is.

Fair enough. And Morgan doesn't mind the extra Str if she's going Grandmaster, so it works out well.

For my setup, I was actually thinking maybe +Skl was the better choice, since I want my Morgan to be a Dark Flier. It gets Owain up to a +0 Str mod, and still benefits his sister at least a little. Aggressor should be able to put enough oomph into his attacks anyway.

In theory, would Gregor!Noire be as good or near as good as Gregor!Laurent? They both have access to Vengeance right off the bat, and that's all they need because they get the rest to nosfertank from Gregs. So if this is the case, why does nobody use this and Lon'qu!Laurent?

In theory, would Gregor!Noire be as good or near as good as Gregor!Laurent? They both have access to Vengeance right off the bat, and that's all they need because they get the rest to nosfertank from Gregs. So if this is the case, why does nobody use this and Lon'qu!Laurent?

Mostly because Noire has other parents who tend to be more common and arguably more useful, namely Donnel and Gaius. Gregor's easily her best non-Galeforce parent, though.

As for comparison, Gregor!Noire is Gregor!Laurent but better, since in addition to Dark Mage, she also has Knight for Pavise/Luna/Dual Guard. Only downside is no Galeforce and it kinda screws other kids over who might want him like Laurent/Yarne/Gerome. You could make an argument that Noire's just as wanting as any of those three, though. She gets some pretty solid modifiers that make her good for a mixed unit, since Tharja's mods are boss and Gregor doesn't hurt them too much. (3 str/mag, 2 skl/spd, 3 def, only really bad stat is -3 luck but whocares, it's a dump stat)

I'd be inclined to use this but than Gaius would end up with Cherche on my current run and as much as I love the pairing, I don't know if they make a good Gerome. But I already have a Lon'qu!Laurent and I want to pair Noire with Laurent for post game.

I want to pair my male MU with a manakete, but I want to know which mother gives Morgan the best stat caps. Is Nah better than Nowi because she can have access to more skills, or is Tiki better?

I want to pair my male MU with a manakete, but I want to know which mother gives Morgan the best stat caps. Is Nah better than Nowi because she can have access to more skills, or is Tiki better?

The MU has access to all the classes/skills, so will Morgan..

I can help you with your Stat Caps, if you would tell me the Asset + Flaw for your MU?

And who Nah's father is?

Edited by Carter

Depends on your definition of "best". Nah will have the higher caps but if she's loaded with +lck -spd, for example, then she would be worse.

@Carter not necessarily. 3rd gen Morgan can get 2 gender exclusive skills.

Edited by Meteor

Kellam!Nah!Morgan is an unbreakable goddess, but with Nowi!Morgan, you get two almost goddess manas with all classes.

No Limit Breaker Original Class Tree Run! I thought of this in school (I daydream a lot). Probably won't happen for at least a month, cause I still need to beat Apo WITH limit breaker.

Avatar (+Mag Help with flaw) x Aversa (GM!Morgan)

Chrom x Olivia (GL!Lucy, Hero!Inigo)

Gaius x Tharja (Sniper)

Donnel x Sully (helpme)

Vaike x Cordelia (Hero!Severa)

Gregor x Lissa (Assassin!Owain)

Henry x Sumia (DF!Cynthia)

Frederick x Panne

Lon'qu x Miriel (Sage!Laurent)

Libra x Maribelle (Sage!Brady)

Stahl x Panne (Take a guess)

Kellam x Nowi (Probably won't be used Mana!Nah)

I've considered doing an original tree run too, but instead of having no LB I was thinking I would do no rallies. The pairs you have chosen seem pretty standard despite the restriction; I doubt you could really do any better than that.

P.S. I assume that is supposed to be Fred x Cherche.

Stahl!Yarne and Fred!Gerome from what I've seen and heard. Definitely Stahl!Yarne though. Oh and for my Donnel!Kjelle she'll probably be a Paladin. Hope I helped.

Who besides Owain, Noire, and Severa would appreciate Libra as a father? Maybe Brady?

Edited by Sorin