Association Football 2016-17: Força Chapecoense.

Parrhesia

that's true, for most of my life the argentine first division was mostly dominated by the presence of boca juniors and river plate. not even remotely entirely, though, as there were other champions and strong teams. so it was somewhat lopsided but never to the extent of the big european leagues. now those are kind of shit and pretty much anyone can have a decent run at the title. clubs like velez sarsfield, newell's old boys, estudiantes, etc. were strong before, but are top dogs now.

edit: that's actually a lie, river plate are once again pretty strong. but they got relegated for one year.

Edited by fuccboi

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always found them overrated.

possibly because they are fat and shit op

while this is probably true to a degree, their ability to underperform is also quite astounding considering some of the quality that they do possess.

not like best in the world or even close but they should do better than what they do

that's true, for most of my life the argentine first division was mostly dominated by the presence of boca juniors and river plate. not even remotely entirely, though, as there were other champions and strong teams. so it was somewhat lopsided but never to the extent of the big european leagues. now those are kind of shit and pretty much anyone can have a decent run at the title. clubs like velez sarsfield, newell's old boys, estudiantes, etc. were strong before, but are top dogs now.

edit: that's actually a lie, river plate are once again pretty strong. but they got relegated for one year.

That's thanks to Cristina, they revamped the broadcasting rights and evened the money distribution in the Argentinian league. It made the top teams weaker, so they have a harder time in Libertadores, but the league became much more interesting.

In Brazil Flamengo and Corinthians get the most money and the other teams get progressively less. It's not a good recipe for fairer competition. Still, Flamengo has so much debt that they perennially suck. :P

D:

But dont get me wrong. i like riquelme plenty. He plyed excellent for Villareal as well as Boca AND the national team, as well as being a very modest and likeable person. i wouldnt mind seeing him play again ^_^

you really haven't kept up with him at all, then. i'm not even sure if you're joking.

Edited by fuccboi

In Brazil Flamengo and Corinthians get the most money and the other teams get progressively less. It's not a good recipe for fairer competition. Still, Flamengo has so much debt that they perennially suck. :P

São Paulo also is a favourite. Even so, Brasileirão manages to be a very balanced competition, even though it is "nivelada por baixo". Goias and Cape last year did quite respectable campaigns, and Sport this year had a very good start.

I thought that Riquelme had retired for good?

i can't really blame you for that

blackpool will be relegated this season

Man they were in the Premiership so recently, too. ... Which. Granted. Is probably why they're fucked now. *cough, portsmouth*

So what has happened to Riquelme? It sounds like amazing things.

Cool and good link

Hearts will be taking on Rangers for their opening league game before turning to giants COWDENBEATH and RAITH ROVERS.

i don't even know if this shit will be televised here

also noting that their friendly against Manchester City ended 2-1 to FUCK MANCHESTER

dundee were able to beat them.

edit: huh, the germans next game is actually a friendly against Argentina. it figures.

Edited by Tryhard

Hearts will be taking on Rangers for their opening league game before turning to giants COWDENBEATH and RAITH ROVERS.

i don't even know if this shit will be televised here

also noting that their friendly against Manchester City ended 2-1 to FUCK MANCHESTER

dundee were able to beat them.

edit: huh, the germans next game is actually a friendly against Argentina. it figures.

and we will win it, because that's the way it goes

LIVERPOOL TO REACH THE QUARTER FINALS AT THE UCL BUT THEN LOSE MISERABLY

BAYERN TO BE CHAMPIONS AGAIN

James Rodriguez moves to Real Madrid for 81 million euros....

HOW MUCH FUCKING MONEY DO YOU WANT TO SPEND????

Now Real's team shall be even moar OP than before, so long as they don't sell Di Maria. I cant believe that the royal family gives them money to spend for this...

Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world by a staggering margin in everything except, I think, in 'plastic Asian fans'. That market's well and truly cornered by Manchester United.

The point I forgot to make was that they're going to spend a shitton for their precious Galacticos and it won't necessarily translate into victory; see, this past season.

Edited by Parrhesia

The point I forgot to make was that they're going to spend a shitton for their precious Galacticos and it won't necessarily translate into victory; see, this past season.

La Decima and a Copa Del Rey. Doesn't sound too bad for me, considering they were aiming for that tenth UCL trophy for more than a decade.

The Mourinho period was a flop, tho. One domestic league and a domestic cup in like 3 years, with a OP squad? Shit.

Them original galaticos were the same