FE8 Females Only in 93 turns (COMPLETE)

I just beat my personal record of units dying during a single turn - lost 5 girls in a single enemy phase. The funniest thing is that the only one still standing was... Neimi!

Anyway, recruiting Marisa made the map more fun (multiple objectives ftw).

Edited by Espinosa

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The full, uncensored experience of towering Amelia

Also, I can 5-turn chapter 11 with no serious problems but I think the Short Spear chest in the middle could prove useful (such as when trying to one-turn Aias)? Wanting to obtain it makes my life a lot harder.

Speaking of Amelia, I am surprised you did not choose 4 Speed over an Amelia

And then I realized Colm has a thing

I still don't even know what to do with my first and only Speedwings because speed isn't exactly anybody's weak point (then each girl could use +4 avo and more AS when being weighed down by... a lot of stuff).

I haven't been using Colm's stealing, only lockpicking since that doesn't give him exp (the biggest loss from this is the Energy Ring in C7). But really, why would I want I wait FIVE turns for Amelia to leave in C9 after stealing her Speedwings - unless you can kill her and she'll return in Aias's map again as if you never impaled her, but even then that's turns wasted.

I'm more frustrated about not knowing whom to give my two Angelic Robes. Clearly, everyone wants one (or two lol) but Vanessa doesn't have much trouble surviving due to her ludicrous avo right now so it will only be a problem against the endgame bosses. You need to have over 50 HP+def to take a counter from the final boss iirc, so at this point Vanessa needs 10 more points in HP (or def/resistances because the endgame bosses target different defensive stats), so I guess it's not a bad idea to give her an Angelic Robe early not to hoard it.

Durability is not anybody's forte though.

Anybody mind confirming that allied (green) units act before the beginning of the next turn? Because if that's the case then thanks to our dear guest Dozla I am able to 5-turn C11 with the Short Spear obtained (and the Secret Book too!).

Or chapter 2 (Garcia/Ross), I imagine it's consistent whatever it is. If Dozla killing the last monster counts as the sixth turn then I'd rather hang around for an extra turn and spam more Torches.

I don't know how you're checking this (I only know of the turn counts after you beat the game) but thanks.

I wanted to see Amelia's promotion to cavalier because i dont rmemeber the promo gains. IIRC, it was like +2 spd and some con and +3 MOVE. Anyway, looking forward to see what you do to recruit Marissa in LTC.

Turn 6 shouldn't start until Player Phase 6, so if Dozla kills the last monster before that you should have yourself a 5 turn clear.

A 1 turn clear of Chp 13 is really iffy for LTCing. If you 1 turn it Lute can only swing a staff at most, 1 time.

If you go with 2 turns, She can get 4 staff swings and kill like 10+ enemies on the Enemy Phase.

Ah good, thanks guys. I'll keep this atempt even though I kinda wanted Tana to critkill the Entombed for a bunch of extra exp. Not like I'm promoting her until C15 anyway.

Lute didn't promote until C11 where she managed to use Torch 9 times during the 5 turns I took on the map. Very happy about how I made use of those turns. She has C staves+5 WEXP, a tiny bit above what Saleh joins with the next chapter, and better stats than what he has besides HP (-5 but Saleh is healthier than anyone on my team anyway, including Vanessa) and skill (losing 9 points there so Excalibur crits will be less common), the rest she wins (Con is a problem but she's still the better user of the basic Fire tomes).

I don't think I can 1-turn Aias without rigging a crit / Pierce. No idea if losing three chances to use Barrier is a big deal though - depends on how the rest of the maps turn out. C12 is pretty damn important, and another hard one to rout.

I also got Lute to C light magic - hoping she can apply Purge in C19 (if I can even get the tome from its C16 owner).

Wondering if the secret shop is worth it. If I'm not going there, then Natasha/L'Arachel are never seeing a promotion (or I could promote one of them at Tana's expense but I think that's a bad idea), and I could use up Goddess Icon/2nd Secret Book instead of selling them since I have nothing expensive left to buy, plus I could Hammerne Barrier once since that's where easy staff wexp for the party comes from (plus it provides 8 wexp in itself).

Wow, chapter 12 makes me regret having no Pure Waters (I could've grabbed one in C7 I think). Tana is just too fragile and keeps dying to Mogalls - can't say I remember having this problem before.

Not sure if not having Dozla will screw me over for a planned 5-turn.

5n0uhg.jpg

wow fuck you spider, is a miss too much to ask

and I even got Amelia to 10/10/0, now you make me look for new solution just because I lack 2 points of HP

I guess I'll just field Natasha and/or L'Arachel. The stupid pincer attack made me abstain from deploying them but now that my 6-turn strat is complete I see I have some leftover units who want their health recovered because Lute is using Barrier anyway and now I also know Lute is unable to survive.

Just tried my hand at what 1-turning Aias could be like... really bad idea. Not because of missing a turn to use Barrier (it's not too far from breaking anyway), but because in order for Lute to 4HKO Aias with Fire, she needs both the PP and the EP , and before Aias initiates the attack half the team dies on enemy phase. I'm surprise Lute even gets to survive (25 HP/9 def).

6-turned chapter 12. For a 5-turn, I'd need Tana to go southeast and crit the spider off the cliff, while Vanessa would have to grab somebody to handle the enemies northeast which is funny because there is no good candidate for that (Lute ORKOs/OHKOs with Elfire, but she needs to stay with Eirika and take out the Barrier staff) as Amelia is not self-sufficient at all. Vanessa would end up triggering the northern reinforcements herself and be expected to rout the northwest without Tana's help (it's not like Vanessa lacks the stats to rout but she can't be everywhere at once). Lute would also have 9 chances to staffspam instead of 12. Taking 6 turns, I also manage to get a pretty great Amelia at the end (she actually started proccing defence and levelled up 5 times during the map).

I think it's more than good enough, and when the next videos come you'll see how much I bust my ass to have the staffspamming going non-stop.

Tana is beyond promotion range but waits two maps whether she likes it or not, and while Amelia could promote right now I think she has a good chance to level up once or twice more in C13. Neimi keeps surprising me with all sorts of positive utility and is L9.30 so I think Ranger!Neimi by C14 isn't too unreasonable to expect.

I don't think I can get Marisa to promote before C14 however, though I could try and squeeze out 2.04 levels for her in Aias's map, because I imagine a 6-move Swordmaster/Assassin (really not sure here as I can see +15crit and Silencer both having good uses) would do a better job at, say, collecting the treasure in C14 for me (I think I'll only be able to get the Energy Ring of the western ones, but I guess it's silly to still think Natasha/L'Arachel will promote unless Natasha will be involved in some auxiliary warping). Hm, actually I think I like SM more (she's still at D swords and Assassin gives no sword rank bonus, plus +1 str/con are cool).

I just realised this run for me is a way to actually use for combat such units that I otherwise never really use - in a game with Seth, all the good combat units are male. Seth/Gerik/Saleh is pretty much the win button you click (Seth/Duessel/Cormag/Gerik/Artur on Ephraim route).

Sage Lute (the promotion I chose for her in the end) can achieve the same with a Fire tome even without eating the Energy Ring (which she probably should take anyway).

Right now, Vanessa 5HKOs Aias with the Short Spear (which I obtained in my 5-turn of C11) and would 4HKO if she took the Ring / had levelled up in strength both times in the previous map. She has 8% Pierce and some okay crit though, which is not that bad with 4 chances to attack. But since she already has pretty overkill strength, I actually decided to massage such level-ups that would NOT include strength - for example she's been sitting at 28 HP for a long while and I kinda want more of it without wasting a robe (who knows what the durability numbers expected in the desert for folks like Lute and Amelia may turn out to be).

As of map 13, Lute is 61 staff wexp away from A rank and Warp. I expect to earn 8 on the first turn of C16 I think, so that's 53 left for chapters 13, 14 and 15. 4 Barriers in C13 (possibly some Mends for one less point because Barrier is actually rather close to breaking soon) with 2 turns taken means 41 staff wexp for C14-15, which can be tricky to obtain since Tethys is kinda important for getting to places in less turns which is what this run is pretty much all about.

I gained 45 staff wexp in C11's 5-turn and 44 staff wexp in C12's 6-turn, which is 89/150 necessary to go from D to A staves.

I'm a bit annoyed that I have difficulty imagining how I'll use Barrier in those chapters because I'm not used running a paper durability army like this one. Though I also get more creative and flexible as I continue playing this game and other GBA FE titles, so maybe I'll find an optimal solution on the spot.

I think you can afford to "waste" one shot of Hammerne (leaving one for Rescue and one for Warp, or perhaps both for Warp? idk), and that's equal to 2 Barrier staff uses in terms of wexp.

From looking at the map, I only see very riggy 1 turn strats on Aias. Like you said, he likes to move like, after every other unit around him. Which basically means Lute has to dodge like 10 or so hits at I suspect 40ish hitrates.

If Lute has enough MAG a 1 turn of Chp 16 is possible if you have a 2nd Warper.

And both uses of Hammerene go to warp. You only need to use Rescue 2 times.
My warp uses always go like this:
3 Warps on Chp 16
1 Warp on Chp 17, repair it.
4 Warps on Chp 18, repair it.
1 Warp on Chp 19
2 Warps on Chp 20
1 Warp on Final part 1
1 Warp on Final part 2, it breaks.
You will need to use rescue on Chp 20 and on Final part 1.

Question: if I postpone killing Riev until turn 1 enemy phase, which of the enemies will move before him, if any? I kinda want the Brave Lance for better chances activating Pierce / more flexibility against Lyon (maybe not that helpful though; the Mt is kinda low but then again Vidofnir offers just +5 Mt without 4x attacking - a piercing Killer Lance crit is that much more effective however), and there's a General that has it.

If Lute has enough MAG a 1 turn of Chp 16 is possible if you have a 2nd Warper.

Natasha is at B+ staves and may or may not get to Warp on time, as she missed out on deployment in C12 because of the pincer attack / lack of space / there not being much need for staffers / L'Arachel having a mount. The bigger problem is that she has 5 magic, so she won't be able to warp Eirika to the area above even if I feed her both Energy Rings.

I might still use three Warps in this chapter for a 2-turn just to grab the Purge tome for C18. Lute has been working on Light rank whenever possible.

You only need to use Rescue 2 times.

You will need to use rescue on Chp 20 and on Final part 1.

iirc Horace needed two Rescue uses for 1-turning chapter 20, but his bosskiller wasn't a flier. I think I could get away without rescuing Vanessa forward - not quite sure though.

And I'm not sure what Rescue in Final 1 is needed for. To use a Physic staff? A dance should be enough if we plan to ORKO with Vanessa on turn 1 PP (the execution could be a problem).

1 Warp on Final part 2, it breaks.

I just realised Fomortiis targets resistance not defence. That makes Amelia/Vanessa far more likely to take a hit without needing a robe, trading the Vidofnir between each other, plus there's Myrrh who can nuke the boss once for impressive damage even at base level. I hope one Warp (for Tethys/Myrrh) will do though, but Pierce activation could determine whether there's any need.

Lute could probably pierce Formortiis with Excalibur too - she's got good stats already and will have even better stats by then, and better movement than Myrrh.