FE8 Females Only in 93 turns (COMPLETE)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ 11 per heal and only 12 per mend. And that gets cut in half for promoted units.

Im interested in seeing what you did with Chapter 14. Thats probably my favorite map in the game for LTCing.

Edited by Hawk King

Yeah I think I agree there actually, this was the funnest map to pull off and I was really anal every minutest thing on it too.

Mend gives 3 staff wexp (instead of 2) though, so in just about any efficient run it's not recommended to use Heal at all (I only do it when I'm purposefully interested in getting as many heals as possible, so first I use a Heal staff so that a badly damaged unit is restored to not quite full HP, then use Mend next turn to fully restore that unit or in any other healing opportunity situation).

Also, bad news is that I was looking at the Normal Mode map of chapter 16 Eirika, which doesn't have the armours blocking the way which they do on HM. If Lute doesn't reach 26 magic before the end of the desert (she's still at 24 at ~13/6.10 or something right now), we're not seeing that 1-turn we've been working so hard for. I guess that settles it - Lute will travel south and somehow try to kill Valter, the Berserker on the destroyed village and possibly the mounted promoted units. We need two magic levels for Lute or no 1-turn.

Lute has like 62 avo with Fire but poor durability (needs either the Dragonshield or the last robe most probably), so while doubling shouldn't be a problem (unless the Rangers down south have more than 17 AS) but survival is. I think I'm going to send her together with Vanessa, though.

I want to 3-turn, but I don't know what's possible at this point - need to start piloting my ideas. Do Assassins have unlimited movement on the sand? Maybe this could be the better choice for Marisa (though SM bonuses are superior).

Nevermind, I'm stupid - of course thieves/assassins move around like everyone else in the foot unit group. Also the good news is that Natasha is 3 Barriers away from A rank while Lute is 1 Barrier away.

Edited by Espinosa

I feel like you've screwed up in not getting Amelia as a General. That said, Paladin's a nice class for her too.

Are you bothering with Syrene?

Edited by Beat-Rave

Good job as usual. If you can manage to drop Lute in the palm tree in Ch15, she's going to wreck shit facing like 20ish hitrates. It's still risky as fuck but it's doable. As for Caellach's side, I have no idea. He's a pain in general to bosskill.

The desert is making me cry =( The Peg reinforcements pretty much require Amelia (because Tana's flight makes her more suitable for the western portion) to hang around the northeastern portion of the map (not many others can counter 1-2 range), and there's a bit too much of an area to cover so I'm not sure if an ambitious 3-turn is possible.

If I assumed I weren't LTCing this the chapter would be easy though (besides Caellach and to a lesser extent Valter). Seriously, Caellach 5HKO'd by Axereaver? No fun. If I send Tana south with Lute instead, she'll be ripped to pieces. Probably a good idea to get Eirika in Caellach's range somehow - she actually doubles with good strength.

But yeah, it's not that bad after you've tried LTCing FE6 or Genesis/Cog of Destiny.

I haven't posted on this thread before, but I'm constantly impressed with the ways you steamroll over these chapters with less than half of the characters available to you.

It seems that it's possible to get such low turncounts in part because the enemies are mostly nonthreatening to the point that somebody like Tana can sit around with a Javelin and counterkill lots of them every enemy phase; they're mostly an obstacle because they physically block your path. Would you agree?

Yeah, I agree that that movement and infrastructure pose a bigger problem than the number game a lot of the time (and that is one of the reasons to play FE), but not always so. The earlygame often features 50/50 hit rates and characters are 2HKO'd for a while, dodgetanking becoming the means of survival (Vanessa maintains this habit with ludicrous ~75ish avoid around midgame). Sometimes I take risks when I enter characters into too much combat, and in maps like chapter 10 Lute/Amelia/Neimi not being able to stand on their feet is the reason why I don't even attempt to go through the door into the eastern area - the opposition outstats me and my durability is not enough to take on too many of them at once.

I honestly don't imagine one being possible in the NA version (without Berserk/Bolting/Purge). A 2-turn clear leaves the rest of the continuous run prone to losing turns (though the only thing on the map you REALLY want is Warp, given that you have a 8-move unit capable of ORKOing Orson at range).

Chapter 15 in 3 turns.

I get Warp, Swiftsole, Silence and Master Seal. Natasha and Lute reach the magic/staff rank requirements for the next chapter.

That is FAST.

I normally take 10 - 15 turns.. more or less.. I can't remember my usual turn count.

Impressive!