Lilina`s Possible Canon Mother

Naglfar94

Where did Soren get his magical talent? Neither of his parents were magic users either.

Ashnard's badassery forced him to have magical talent genetically.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me crazy but I always went with HectorxFlorina. Lillina's got her father's spirit, determination, and insanely blue hair. She also has her mother's shyness, eyes, caring and kindness. Good fit if I do say so myself. I should know, I'm her godfather. ;)

• 2 months later...

I haven't played FE6 (yet) but from what I have seen of the game and through the course of FE7, Lilina's canonical mother would have to be Florina. Think of it like this: Sue never mentions her mother, only her father, but if FE13 mechanics serve me right, her low defensive growths would make it seem that Sue's mother is Lyn. Moving back to the fore of the matter, Lyn isn't exactly shy like Florina, so if Lilina inherited shyness from her mother, it couldn't be Lyn (necessarily). Farina doesn't fit the bill, either. She seems more like out-spoken, free-spirited character, which is similar to Hector. Going back on the shyness factor, Lilina would pretty much be exactly like her parents if Farina were to be her mother, which eliminates the possibility almost entirely--yes, I know there are people who ship HectorxFarina and I don't have problems with who ships what, but if character traits are passed down, the possibility is drastically reduced, especially in this predicament. One last thing: yes, since only Rath is hinted as Sue's father, HectorxLyn seems viable. However, as stated by many (I haven't actually read the full thread, so I don't know if it was stated a lot, sue m--*shot*), LynxRath ending reveals they had a daughter, so it would make sense if story canon dictates that Lyn is essentially Sue's mother and Sue isn't fully connected to Rath and if that is the solidified case, Sue and Lilina would be siblings. All three children (Roy, Lilina, and Sue) being only children eliminates that possibility. That's my stand on this.

I haven't played FE6 (yet) but from what I have seen of the game and through the course of FE7, Lilina's canonical mother would have to be Florina. Think of it like this: Sue never mentions her mother, only her father, but if FE13 mechanics serve me right, her low defensive growths would make it seem that Sue's mother is Lyn. Moving back to the fore of the matter, Lyn isn't exactly shy like Florina, so if Lilina inherited shyness from her mother, it couldn't be Lyn (necessarily). Farina doesn't fit the bill, either. She seems more like out-spoken, free-spirited character, which is similar to Hector. Going back on the shyness factor, Lilina would pretty much be exactly like her parents if Farina were to be her mother, which eliminates the possibility almost entirely.

I'm just gonna throw this out there, but Lilina isn't shy in FE6. Like, at all.

One last thing: yes, since only Rath is hinted as Sue's father

More like outright confirmed. Even in supplementary material such as the 20th anniversary artbook.

HectorxLyn seems viable.

That pair has as much going for it as Chrom/Sumia does in Fire Emblem: Awakening. I mean, the two characters have the largest amount of interaction with each other outside of supports, the pair itself is required to unlock "Respite in Battle", the two get more scenes together in Hector's Story (one of which is referenced in two later scenes), and the fact that one of the scenes in question (specifically: the Hector's Story Final Chapter conversation between Hector and Lyn) connects with Hector's paired endings. That's pretty much all that needs to be said.

However, as stated by many (I haven't actually read the full thread, so I don't know if it was stated a lot, sue m--*shot*), LynxRath ending reveals they had a daughter, so it would make sense if story canon dictates that Lyn is essentially Sue's mother and Sue isn't fully connected to Rath.

The problem I often have with Lyn/Rath is that the pair is never hinted to happen at any point in the game. Taking implications into account pretty much leaves Rath alone. Considering that Sue exists regardless of whether or not Rath marries Lyn, under any assumptions that what's implied is indeed canon, it's more likely that Rath ended up marrying an unseen Sacaean woman. (I like to call said woman "Nadine", but that's another story.) Pretty much Occam's Razor at this point.

And if that is the solidified case, Sue and Lilina would be siblings. All three children (Roy, Lilina, and Sue) being only children eliminates that possibility. That's my stand on this.

I say there's nothing certain as to any of the characters are only children. I mean, Roy's case, okay. Since his mother's most likely dead. But Lilina's case, I do admit it's a stretch. But it isn't impossible either.

With regard to Rath's relationship to Sue, there are two possibilities:

1. Rath is Sue's father.

2. Rath has at least one sibling, who is Sue's parent.

Nowhere in FE6 or 7 is there any mention of Rath having siblings, or Dayan having any other children besides Rath. Thus, option 1 is more likely.

• 4 years later...

For me is clear, the canon is Florina.

If we compar the kanji of Lilina (リリーナ ) and the kanji of possible mother...

Lyndis (リンディス )     Florina (フロリーナ)     Farina (ファリナ)

Lilina (リーナ ) and Florina (フロリーナ) have names almost identical! You can check in detaill here:

Spoiler

I marked comun kanji with green~

card_mother.png

Also, when Hector and Florina meet, there is an obligatory event with a CG. In the route of Hector, this event is more developed

Spoiler

CG12.png

That is problem with Farina, if you don't pay, don't reclute her and she is not obligatory character.

Anyway, the three supports are incredible, but I notice that Florina has more hits.

1 hour ago, Kuronga said:

For me is clear, the canon is Florina.

If we compar the kanji of Lilina (リリーナ ) and the kanji of possible mother...

Lyndis (リンディス )     Florina (フロリーナ)     Farina (ファリナ)

Lilina (リーナ ) and Florina (フロリーナ) have names almost identical! You can check in detaill here:

Reveal hidden contents

I marked comun kanji with green~

card_mother.png

Also, when Hector and Florina meet, there is an obligatory event with a CG. In the route of Hector, this event is more developed

Reveal hidden contents

CG12.png

That is problem with Farina, if you don't pay, don't reclute her and she is not obligatory character.

Anyway, the three supports are incredible, but I notice that Florina has more hits.

Are you sure they don't just have similar names? I wouldn't use both of their names ending with -INA as proof that they're mother and daughter cause that reasoning is loose. And that CG has no romantic subtext, so I don't agree with using it as proof, whereas Lyn and Hector have an exclusive song and two exclusive events.

• 1 month later...
On 22/8/2018 at 1:43 AM, Freikugel said:

Are you sure they don't just have similar names? I wouldn't use both of their names ending with -INA as proof that they're mother and daughter cause that reasoning is loose. And that CG has no romantic subtext, so I don't agree with using it as proof, whereas Lyn and Hector have an exclusive song and two exclusive events.

Then tell me why they made the names of Flolina and Lilina so similar?
Why did they give importance to that scene?
Sincerely, must have an importance in the history, because they could make a CG to the meeting of the three lords, but they preferred to highlight the meet between Florina, Eliwood and Hector....

Honestly, I know that LynxHector is more popular. Even is possible that Hector has been in love with Lyn, but Lyn preferred the plains (since it is the majority of her finals she goes back to the plains) and Hector must stay in Ositia. Therefore, the relationship is incompatible.

On 9/23/2018 at 10:34 PM, Kuronga said:

Why did they give importance to that scene?

There's no scene in the game giving Florina importance as a love interest for Hector at all. And the ending CG is really only there for the same reason why Eliwood has an ending CG for when he's paired up with Lyn. It's a simple extra with no bearing on canon or implied/intended couples.

And for crying out loud! The part where Hector is basically "do I LOOK like a landing pad to you?!" towards Florina is outright skipped in Eliwood's Story. The CG that's shown beforehand is only there to show that Florina was in danger of getting shot down by enemy archers. Nothing more.

Besides. A player playing through the game for the first time, and blindly at that, isn't going to know that Florina can support with Hector without looking into the Fortunes menu. (Or the Support Library that's unlocked after beating the game once.) After all, there's no clues to even suggest such a thing.

Sincerely, must have an importance in the history, because they could make a CG to the meeting of the three lords, but they preferred to highlight the meet between Florina, Eliwood and Hector....

See above.

Honestly, I know that LynxHector is more popular. Even is possible that Hector has been in love with Lyn, 

Except what you consider a possibility is an outright certainty in actuality. Simply put, the words "I can't smack a woman I've lost my heart to" should remove any doubt about whether Hector loves Lyn or not. Especially since Lyn's the one Hector says those words to in response to her asking to be hit by him for how she treated him.

but Lyn preferred the plains (since it is the majority of her finals she goes back to the plains) 

Except, you know, Lyn never once mentions wanting to go back to Sacae when paired with Eliwood or Hector. 

Even more to the point is the fact that each ending that involves Lyn returning to Sacae is outright ignored by Lyn's heartbreak towards Uther's death, and what she feels like she must do for the person who feels the most pain from Uther's death.

and Hector must stay in Ositia. Therefore, the relationship is incompatible.

If that were really true, Lyn either wouldn't have been born, or she would be Marquess Araphen's daughter. Seriously. In all honesty, I can't even see how this can keep on being claimed despite the absence of anything concrete that would suggest that.

There's really nothing that would prevent Lyn from finding true love outside of the lands she was born in. I say this because that's precisely what happened to her mother. Adding to that, Lyn marrying Hector would end up creating a parallel with her mother marrying Hassar, AKA her (Lyn's) father.

And besides. What about Hector? How do you think he would feel if the woman he loves manages to decide not to take his hand in marriage? 

Also...

On 9/24/2018 at 10:35 PM, Paper Jam said:

Perhaps the same reason why the names of Lyndis and Lilina are so similar.

Just felt like bolding what Paper Jam here was trying to get at.

Edited by Just call me AL

• 7 months later...

Lilina and Roy and alike children doesn't have canon mothers. They are the ones who the player pick. 

Not sure what's the obsession with Fire Emblem fanbase of deciding canonicity in games in which the point of the playthrough is picking which units die, support and marry each other. 

If I needed to bet one, Farina or Florina because of the name pattern, but they aren't more canon than Lyn or random npc lady. 

Also Eliwood x Lyn is equally canon no matter Ninian interactions with him. Ninian could easily had returned to her dimension with her brother. Some pairings simply don't happen no matter their "chemistry". I'm saying that because some people are ignoring this pairing as it was set on stone that Eliwood married Ninian and Lyn married Hector or Rath, but Fiora and Lyn could had easily married Eliwood and the plot makes more sense than Ninian being Roy's mother.

I'm pretty sure a remake would adapt the players choice by having Future Past kind of interaction between Roy, Lilina and their possible mothers.

Edited by Mylady