Sairento's Sprite Gallery

Flaming Kirlia

Some time ago I started Mapping, so I've made some maps and I'd like to know what you think of some of them

[spoiler=8 September]

[spoiler=Basic Map]

Prologuesongscrn_zpseaf30949.png

Gameplay: this map is compatible with FE7 prologue Events, you start on the southeast corner Objective-Seize gate/defeat boss

[spoiler=Green Castle]

MapCastle1-2scrn_zps185ad423.png

Gameplay: you start in south of the map objective-seize throne

[spoiler=Mansion Castle]

MassionMap1-1scrn_zpseb2884d9.png MassionMap1-2scrn_zps171ec476.png

Gameplay: you start in the middle Objective: Seize Throne/defeat boss

[spoiler=City Map]

Citymap1scrn_zpse7c1b0cb.png Citymap1-2scrn_zpsdfbabe89.png

Gameplay: you start in southwest coner Objective:defeat boss in the northeast big house, he will attack you so getting the chest is tricky

[spoiler=Overworld Map-1]

Mapthingscrn_zps13ce9d18.png

Gameplay: star in one of the corners Objective: Defeat boss

[spoiler=Overworld Map-2]

Mapthing2scrn_zps64d94204.png

Gameplay: you start in southwest corner Objective: defeat boss in northeast corner

Note: This Map can be connected with the map above

[spoiler=25 September]

[spoiler=Mapping Contest 1 Submission]

MapContest1-2scrn_zpsfa5d8e27.png

Gameplay: you start in the southeast corner, you need to seize the castle, from the fort in the small island will spawn pirates that will try to destroy the left village, from the caves you spawn brigands that will also try to destroy villages, there will be ballistas on the tiles (2,14), (3,17), (11,1) and (19,2)

[spoiler=Blue Castle]

BlueCastleWhiteKingscrn_zps81387375.png

Gameplay: still in progress, you start in the south of map, you need to seize the throne, the path that seems to be easier and shorter is actually less regarding, because the two rooms in the north of the map work like the "empty room, great reward", they would just have units with long ranged tomes, that would break before you could open the doors

Note: this map uses a feaw tileset

[spoiler=Shrine of Seals-Small version]

FE6xCH1scrn_zps16a2385d.png

Gameplay: you start neer the throne, you have to defend it at the same time you defeat the enemies

[spoiler=Ruins Map]

EftaTilesscrn_zps5e3c37bb.png

Gameplay: you start at the southwest corner, you have to defeat the boss, that would have some huge max HP, but would start with low HP because we as damaged, on the room in the southeast there would be a recruitable week unit that you would have to protect

[spoiler=Small Castle]

FE6xCHxscrn_zpscbde98a4.pngFE6xPrologue6scrn_zps05827bb2.pngFE6xProloguescrn_zpsc154a88b.png

Gameplay: the third one would be tutorial map in your home castle, on the second one you would have to run away through the small passagein the northwest of the map, this would also teach you how to use light runes,

[spoiler=Fire Fortress]

HellCastleEntrancescrn_zps9849257c.png

Gameplay: you start the south of the map and you have to defeat the boss/reach door, from the stairs there would be enemies spawning, and this map kinda benifts archers,

[spoiler=Flame Map]

Hellscrn_zps1ec7aa1b.png

Gameplay: you start at the northwest of the map and you have to seize the throne

[spoiler=Spiral Map]

SpiralDefendscrn_zpsf1d8b5b9.png

Gameplay: you start in the middle of the map and you would have to make a weak unit reach the four "exits" (for some reason), but you couldn't rescue that unit, in a certain number of turns enemies would spawn from every stair witch would make counting tiles quite useful, since there would be fog fo war

[spoiler=Snow Fortress]

SnowFortmapscrn_zpsa20e101e.png

Gameplay: In this map you would have to defend a specific NPC that would be in the middle of the fortress, but you would be rewarded by each bad AI NPC that you could protect, so you would try to defend most of the map, after a couple of turns you would have to kill every enemy

[spoiler=Symmetric Map]

Templescrn_zpsffc6caf4.png

Gameplay: your team starts in the four entraces of the castle/temple thing, you would be attacked by long ranged tomes, the rienforcements would work y summoning, also getting the chest would be hard because you would have to abdicate a essencial part of your team to get them, the objective in to defeat the boss in the middle of the map

[spoiler=Mario Map]

marioscrn_zpse382e679.png

Gameplay: just a joke map, you would star in the left, and you would have to seize the throne

Feel free to critique this maps, also I belive I need some help with the water

I don't plan of using some of this maps, so if anyone is interested in using one of this maps, feel free to ask

If you have an idea for a map feel free to talk about it

Edited by Sairento

• 3 weeks later...

I see some good progress here.

One thing to work on is the actual design and flow of your maps. Right now some of them suffer from an identity crisis. They aren't sure what kind of a map they're supposed to be. Defense? Seize? The contest map is probably the biggest offender to me.

Also, watch out for that pesky shading. Your chests are lacking in some of the maps and the pillars in the blue castle have over-extended shadows.

70f441cf8c3ffe96120549328c7fee85.png

Thanks for the advise Primefusion, I added information about to the maps in terms of gameplay

I literally did the Blue castle map yesterday, and is quite big so I still need to do some major fixes to that one

Also some of these are a bit old, so they might need some fixes

Also thanks for your tutorial, it was quite useful

• 1 month later...

Some new maps

MapContest3scrn_zpsad7cb2c3.png

Map that I was going to submit to the Super Chicken

WaterfallMountainscrn_zps6d7c8014.png

Waterfalls are cool

WaterfallCastlescrn_zps17f009c6.png

This would have tiles appearing and disappearing like the chapter where you fight Sonia, and would have a lot of archers and pirates

[spoiler=maps that I did for the Mapping Competition 2]

MappingContest2scrn_zps4bc4a631.pngMappingContest2-2scrn_zps232ca3ef.png

MapContest2-3scrn_zps576454e3.png

What do you think of them?

Feel free to critique

Edited by Sairento

• 3 months later...

Triple-necro post, holy shit

So yeah, now that my map loss the mapping competition I guess I'll upload this

[spoiler=maps]

Mapcontest2-3xscrn_zps1bb5f2ae.pngMapcontest3-2-Goodscrn_zpsc3c25581.png

A big version of a submission to the mapping competition (that won), destroyed and not

Mapcontest4-2scrn_zps9d33722c.png

Another map for a mapping competition with a lot of towers and pillars

Mappingcompetition5scrn_zps1dbd6116.png

Map with a lot of cliffs

MappingCompetition7scrn_zps5fb8d93b.png

A another ruins map

FE6xPrologue3-oldscrn_zpsfaf838f9.pngFE6xPrologue3-2scrn_zps39914bde.png

The first was for the mapping competition, the second is a remake with the same gameplay idea

Chapter12scrn_zps94386ed2.png

I want to change the floor patterns, any sugestions?

EasyCavescrn_zpsf6cd1f19.png

A small toxic cave

FE6xChapter11scrn_zpsa43171e3.png

A castle

Chapter20-1scrn_zps927a3760.png

Chapter20scrn_zps7c6b791b.png

A big castle, when you step on a switch, the water on one room goes away, in the top there are two mini-bosses and a boss

That's all for maps

And I also have some mugs [spoiler=mugs]

Pent3_zps3068fdee.pngSymetricsagecool_zps58f8b1bf.pngCreppysymetricsage_zps2952ae16.png

A symmetric sage, not very good

Fir_zpsbb457c82.png

Evil fir, from the hallowen contest [spoiler=big super evil version]EvilFirX_zps84e14543.png

BeautyQueen_zpse8bab562.png

A beautiful queen

LadyPretty_zpsad2067aa.png

Another beautiful lady, wich version is better?, also I plan to change the color

Younger_zps3155ab2d.png

Some old edits

HornKidx_zps8f2be2a1.png

The best one in my opinion, a horned kid with heterochromia, what do you think

I need some help you the sprites frames, since I couldn't find a tutorial for that

If you have any suggestion for a map, or if you like a map of mine and want to use, feel free to ask, some of my maps have shading errors, if you like a map I'll gadly correct them

Edited by Sairento

Thanks

Some new Maps

Mappingcontest5scrn_zps6c3c0577.pngDesertMapscrn_zps296c8aad.png

See, not that big

Also

stuffscrn_zps728e113f.png

Ignoring the tile spam, the shading errors and those stairs, does that bridge make any sense? I think it could be cool in maps

Edited by Sairento

kind of, although I think it would work better with a custom made tile(I have no idea what though), as well as the fact that units can't actually go under the bridge

It's just a concept, while it would be cooler to go under the bridge (it could be possible with tile changes, but it would be very limited), you could simply not be able to go to the outside, or there could be a lake, or you could have no reason to go under the bridge.

What Kitty said, but the concept is cool.

I myself am interested in that desert map however.

What brought you to that kind of level of mapmaking? Because I'm really impressed.

The mapping tutorial, trying several tilesets, trying new stuff and see how it looks, try several tiles, and other stuff, for example:

tumblr_mwmw2cWN2u1rw70wfo1_500.png

This kinda happens in fire emblem, I think this is important in indoor maps, to understand height and stairs

Thanks btw

Edited by Sairento

• 2 months later...

The dirt sections in the big map come off looking like a chicken went through pecking at the ground here and there. Maybe try making the sections larger and more flowy?

I like the desert one. Nice and clean. Actually, the grass following the river is pretty much what I meant by flowy if you were confused.

Fir3_zps5cffa84f.png

Okay, I'll admit, cleavage as a chibi got a chuckle out of me.

• 3 months later...

These are some pretty great maps, and holy damn they are HUGE. The biggest that I personally feel comfortable with, with my own maps, is like 35x30.Nice work.

Also, that cleavage chibi.

These are some pretty great maps, and holy damn they are HUGE. The biggest that I personally feel comfortable with, with my own maps, is like 35x30.Nice work.

Also, that cleavage chibi.

Thanks, you remind me that I exist and that I do maps, I haven't done one in a lot of time

• 10 months later...

I can necropost right?

So, I used to exist and to make maps and stuff, but I haven't map in ages cause reasons

since I don't plan to use anything nor "map" anytime soon, you can use my maps as you want and edit/improve them. some of them might lack shading or have height problems. also, most aren't very good, but whatever

also mugs lol

Notes:
-only FMP map files cause reasons
-world map was supposed to be a huge map. it's really incomplete.

-the names suck

-I don't know how to work with mediafire so if something is wrong/could work better say it please

-I dunno if some stuff is already being used...

now I can die in peace

Edited by Sairento