FE8 Mountless LTC Challenge

Espinosa

Hmmm, my first C9 attempts spell out rather clearly that Ross is either carrying Artur along or he shouldn't be carrying anyone at all. Too many bows and Fluxes. This is actually not such a bad idea because Artur has WTA against Shamans and can heal Ross up.

The 5-move units up top still have to go after Amelia though, so this will take quite a lot of turns (hopefully sub-10).

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iirc once i had a super cormag that cleanly orkoed vigarde with a heavy spear, but i think that needs literally capped str to do

artur's stats at chapter 9 are?

Edited by SB.

Artur as of chapter 9 (those stats look terribly inflated if you watch what they were in the last video uploaded but you'll see how Artur spent chapter 8 and it will make sense):

ml17ia.png

I've done some square-counting and it seems that the Dracoshield village can only be saved if Artur promotes in the menu before the chapter begins, then he'll be able to engage the Brigand on turn 4 just as he's about to destroy the village. Sending Artur with the main group means Ross is crossing the river alone though (I tried having him carry Joshua and the latter gets attacked by like 6 ranged enemies once dropped so that's a horrid idea) and also missing out on more unpromoted level-ups (though the exp gain is so slow at this point that Artur literally gets just 12 exp from one-rounding the L8 Soldier right at the start).

Soloist Ross has a lot of trouble down south as he can't move in two directions and cover as much space as Franz/Vanessa/Seth would, so I'm thinking about having him carry Artur. With instapromoted Gilliam in the main group, I'm hoping I can get 8 or maybe even 7 turns in my clear (Amelia doesn't ever move unless you're within range, which is kind of a problem).

Artur needs the angelic robe the most due to how fragile he is, and I also think he should be insta-promoted if he were to aid Ross during the C9 Eirika rout. His stats as of now definitely look solid, so he should be able to 1RKO a good number of enemies during the rout with a promotion, and hey, he'll still get plenty of EXP. He'll be alright.

Chapter 9 is so bullshit. Promoted Ross and Artur die in one turn at full health down south. I even had General Gilliam (!!!) die on one of the attempts, to the Killing Edge Myrm no less.

Anyway, the Dracoshield village will not be saved, so that's +7 HP/+2 def the party is missing out on. Kind of a big deal IMHO, but I'll see if I can compensate for it.

Ross with the statboosters and a pure water use and an elixer would be able to solo the South, I would think. Plus he can promote at some point.

What are his stats?

If Ross waits until all the 2 range enemies are killed to drop Joshua, then Joshua wont get raped.

Edited by Hawk King

Carrying Joshua was a recipe for disaster, I quickly discovered. Ross carrying his luggage for an extra turn slows down the rout and compromises the reliability (durability / hit rates), and Joshua doesn't really do anything Ross can besides attacking enemies in a different corner of the map.

Believe it or not, I 6-turned the chapter.

A certain female recruit got impaled though, and there was absolutely no time to save either village.

Chapter 9 is so bullshit. Promoted Ross and Artur die in one turn at full health down south. I even had General Gilliam (!!!) die on one of the attempts, to the Killing Edge Myrm no less.

Anyway, the Dracoshield village will not be saved, so that's +7 HP/+2 def the party is missing out on. Kind of a big deal IMHO, but I'll see if I can compensate for it.

Ouch. And Gilliam must've gotten double critted.

He wasn't doubled surprisingly; the first hit was enough. It was a combination of receiving damage from the sniper, then getting into some encounters with Brigands and finally that crit-happy Myrm (who is always hard to reliably kill when your cavalry isn't attacking at 2-range to weaken him first).

He wasn't doubled surprisingly; the first hit was enough. It was a combination of receiving damage from the sniper, then getting into some encounters with Brigands and finally that crit-happy Myrm (who is always hard to reliably kill when your cavalry isn't attacking at 2-range to weaken him first).

Oh... I was assuming that some of the damage had to have come from outside sources though.

Great work. It's weird to see Gen gilliam contributing lol. Ross so good.

Also, who wouldve wanted the Robe and Dracoshield anyway? I've never been in the situation to consider non-flier units getting statboosters aside from FE12, but that's a completely different game.

EDIT: It seems Lute exhauted all her growths in that last playthrough :smug: Dem lck levels. Also, RIP Amelia. You were a bro(?) in Female LTC.

Edited by PKL

Haha, Lute only got Luck. I think the bench is calling for her.

Ross is so amazing when he is actually trained. Too bad all the Trainees dont get special weapons and early recruitments like him.

Lute's next appearance will be in the desert I think, so luck is the one stat she will need. Just kidding of course, but who needs Lute when you get Gerik, Innes, Tethys, Dozla AND Saleh (Saleh in particular filling Lute's role).

I wasn't joking when I said this would be completely different compared to the females only run. Eirika and Tethys are the only longterm female units appearing in both the runs. A male only run in this game would have a lot of cavalry though (maybe going with Ephraim to recruit Cormag? but maybe not) and no General Gilliam running around, so it's still pretty different. I wonder if I would train Ross? Would be quite tough with Seth around, but still manageable I'm guessing.

It seems like it will be a 5-turn with some effort, and that I do not shave off any turns by attempting to peakwalk with Ross (the mountains are too big). The biggest question is if Tethys is needed to assist in the 5-turn. If she is, I will have to rescuechain her all the way up.