At first I was like...

ghast

So I thought it would be pretty funny and interesting to see what everyone's first ever mug or sprite was ever. Anyway, without further ado..

45tca1Q.png

ajfBC7O.png

uuuughghgh so bad X.X of course at the time I thought I did a great job. Still not great at mugs but a lot better than this trolol.

Will anyone bite? Show me what your first mug/sprite/map was!

by the look of it my true first works (circa 2006) are, mercifully, lost for the foreseeable future. i distinctly recall a fuckton of crude GBA portrait splices, plus a botched attempt at making a paladin critical gif in which i didn't even bother putting the entire thing in there

some things are better left buried

fortunately my oldest surviving work is amusing enough in and of itself

VY2j7B1.png

in which i try to make an older FE7 epilogue Lyn in the laziest way possible, circa late November 2007, which really speaks volumes about how much i suck at this given it shows zero improvement from the prior year. also featuring: some mildly amusing battle sprite recolours, and what looks suspiciously like one of Vista!Paint's weird default palette colours for a background (could be worse; all my other surviving stuff from that era uses the foulest pastel purple from the Vista!Paint palette)

Edited by bookofholsety

racetrack.gif

Not the first but very early, and I thought it was funny when I saw it.

EDIT: Ahahahahah: ameliayoyo.gif

lmao that anim tho

the older lyn is pretty cool too and "Lily" was a lot better than my mug

Edited by GhastStation

:tangerinesadness:

Some old battle sprites I made:

Sara_Kia.gifPower_Of_Love2.gif

Oh my god, I remember those! They used to be on the site! I was going to creep your sprites album on photobucket but it is password-protected... :(

I wish I had access to my older sprites from before I posted things but those are long since gone... The oldest sprites I have to show are only 4-5 years old and are already in my sprite topic so, yeah, nothing fun... :tangerinesadness:

I suppose I'll show one of my older completed full-custom mugs though, since I have it:

4EtDx.png

So bad...

Edited by ePamplemouss

probably the oldest thing i have is this

4Eut4.png

ripped right out of LoC V1

halp%20me.png

current

i wonder how long it will take for rey to murder me

For whatever reason, this reminded me of when we used to compete in the comps at FEU. The memories. I feel so old now ;____;

Nightmare_zpsb441cdfa.png

First ever battle sprite... shamlessly splice directly from the Castlevania AoS Nightmare sprite >__< dat pallet...

fallenpaladinharken_zps75ef02ca.png

First ever mug splice.... yuuuup... still bad at mugs... ^_^;

why does everyone have good old sprites? all i have are things that suck!!

my very first sprite was Miriam from beyblade: Vforce. i didn't even make it in an image editor like paint or something, i drew it in tile layer pro graphics editor program and loaded tana's pallete

4478afac4a30a8b08984fd68df7ef36f.png

yeah that was my avy on feu for a while too

feu was fun until it died

good times, uphir