NICKT™

What are you working on?

Recommended Posts

I am working on a Fe 8 hack (kind of) following 4 primary protagonists and having gameplay effecting choices. The only problem is I know jackshit about hacking and I have just come up with the story and the sprites.

Edited by Tuvy2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm doing the usual starter hack of re balancing the GBA game I played the most of, AKA FE8. Largely just learning the tools. I'm using the new FEbuilder because it's just super easy to do stuff with it. I'm adding new classes and weapons, a few op weapons for bosses that are unbreakable so you can't cheese the boss by spamming summons to break their weapons.

Edited by Halvos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm working on a hack for Shadow Dragon to allow you to play the prologue in higher difficulties. It's almost ready for release - every difficulty loads into the prologue maps just fine, enemies scale up, and substantial changes have been made to Prologue 1 and 2 to accommodate for the low party size (in P1's case, you only have Marth). H1-H4 can consistently complete P1 and P2 without needing too much luck; H5 needs a bit of luck to get through P1. Essentially, Marth will be attacked about 9-10 times, and every attack has a 30% chance of missing. At least one of those attacks needs to miss for you to be able to progress. The chances are pretty good (in the player's favor), obviously, but it is nevertheless possible to be screwed by the RNG.

Script edits have also been made to make the intro cinematic always load the normal difficulty version - the one that ends with, "Thus Marth applied himself to the ways of the pen and sword, until one day..." instead of summarizing the prologue - even when you pick hard modes. Text editing has also been used to make the help text say that you get the prologue on all difficulties, rather than hard modes still saying that no prologue is included.

With this hack, it's possible to choose your sacrifice on a hard mode playthrough and potentially recruit Norne as well. For obvious reasons, I imagine H4 and H5 players will be much more likely to meet Norne.

This is hard to preview because all I really have is a screenshot of the Load Game menu saying there's an H4 save in P2 and P3. I suppose I could throw in a shot of a Gra soldier in P1 with H5 beefed-up stats, too. Anyways, I hope to be able to release it soon - more playtesting is definitely needed for the prologue on H4 and H5 to see if it's too difficult in certain areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the past couple years, I've been working on a hack of FE7 to star some friends of mine who are in a Fire Emblem cosplay group. It has a completely different story, plus I've created new maps, remade all the chapters, and redone all character portraits. It's been a downright massive undertaking, but its also arguably been one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. I made this with the stipulation that I got to be the main villain. What's the fun of making a hack starring your friends if you can't self-insert? After I complete this one, I plan on starting a completely new one with the same group. Yes, I'm aware that I'm not sane for doing so. I really don't care. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

working on 2 home-brew concepts where one spawned form another the first is spouse to be a dnd home-brew with a hand full of inspirations with fire emblem and monster hunter among them for example and the 2nd concept is after playing some more fe and and some other games if i complete my dnd i would like to make my own fe game and stuff i think it would be fun to make

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I myself am working on something that I guess could be a spiritual successor to the infamous "Dorcas Emblem." See, I always loved FE8; it's my favorite of the GBA Fire Emblem titles- and, since I'm learning how to use Nightmare (but not super well) and the FE8 Text Editor, I'm creating the spiritual successor to that game! It's still based on a fighter. Still haven't guessed? Then, my friend, it's time for me to introduce...

GARCIA EMBLEM!

fe8e_01.png.7e26d78b7e9298d1a16a6626d27766b5.png

And yes. It is what it sounds like. Everyone is Garcia!

fe8e.png.d57c418074247b728691576e3df56faf.png

Weapon names have been changed too, but who cares? Oh, wait... ME!

fe8e_03.png.5fa76c04250514c07234658b164e818e.png

I don't know what's come over me. So far,  just the prologue's done, but I'll make a full post by the time I finish at least one of the routes.

 

fe8e_02.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm new to this whole forum thing, and I joined in hopes of being able to find others to help make a custom fire emblem rom hack. As currently the only person working on it and testing around with FEBuilder I figured it'd be best to find experienced or people willing to help a poor writer with dreams out. Now obviously I wouldn't come unprepared so here's a sample of the story,

In the world there exists a super government that consists of many nations and a sole Queen. Though after the super government was formed news that five gemstones existed in the Queen’s possession. Due to the uncertainty of these gemstones the gemstones were then hidden across the world to avoid nations using them for their own personal gain. Then when the world was thought to be completely saved a single nation left the super government. This nation left because of the gemstones, searching the ruins of an ancient tower to find a certain crystal’s essence, they planned to create a gemstone of their own. By using scientists and dark mages the nation was able to create the Dark Stone. The leader of the nation took hold of the Dark Stone and died upon touching it. But with his death came the Demon King, the Demon King easily swayed the nation to aid him in conquering the world. In only a few months the Demon King’s army had conquered a third of the world’s nations. The nations quickly reacted and attempted to acquire the gemstones, but could not because of their unknown locations. Due to this fault the nations could not find a solution to defeating the Demon King and resorted to keeping him from conquering anymore nations, though ignoring smaller villages when they needed help. Our story begins in the midst of this war…

Le me explain a few thing first. The main "Lord" isn't actually a lord, but rather a teen who goes a journey with his two friends to protect those who aren't being protected by the government. Eventually, by the end of the story, after recruiting new allies, and decide that fighting him will save the people, they end up fighting the Demon King. And I also have a bit of experience with art and have some of the character designs done. So if anyone would like to offer offer their assistance it'd be nice if you could do sprites/character designs, assist with the building of maps, possibly custom animations, and maybe a few extra writers.

P.S. I'm new to the whole forum website thing so I wouldn't know how to make threads, so maybe some assistance there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, name's Bhoop.

Currently still in the planning stage for remaking FE8:

---completely different story with the same characters (overall story stays the same).

---Some new characters, some old characters will be changed drastically.

---new maps/chapters.

--Route choice rather than route split

--other miscellaneous items  (other FE music, animations, etc)

--lots of small details....

I would like to say that when I do start implementing this, I will be ....slightly biased. 

After finishing this (probably in a few years) Am planning to try to make a 3ds romhack (most likely using Echoes as the baseline)

Edited by Bhoop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bhoop said:

Hello, name's Bhoop.

Currently still in the planning stage for remaking FE8:

---completely different story with the same characters (overall story stays the same).

---Some new characters, some old characters will be changed drastically.

---new maps/chapters.

--Route choice rather than route split

--other miscellaneous items  (other FE music, animations, etc)

--lots of small details....

I would like to say that when I do start implementing this, I will be ....slightly biased. 

After finishing this (probably in a few years) Am planning to try to make a 3ds romhack (most likely using Echoes as the baseline)

Same hack Ethan working on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Warlock said:

Same hack Ethan working on?

Nope

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bhoop said:

Nope

 

Is your one set after or during FE8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a complete revamp of FE8, so I guess during FE8 technically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bhoop said:

It is a complete revamp of FE8, so I guess during FE8 technically.

Alright that's fine because mine is set after FE8 and it has some older charcters in it but it sounds really good! :)

Edited by Ethan Brooks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so people are aware, me and a few other members are working on a hack that's called Fire Emblem - Tales of the Stones. It's set 15 years after the events of FE8 and we have completed two maps and the intro sequence, however there are only two people working on the entire game, so anyone here who can lend any help. (Map Design, Writing the Game, Support/recruitment/Village script writing, Charcter portraits) People who can help would be greatly appricated and it does mean that the game would advance faster and a version would be close to release, so anyone who can help would be appricated! :) 

image.thumb.png.0c70d2c3e36dfb1f6a4dfc07f9036005.pngcolm.png.2b0b84c627af7a2357407380362e4e65.pnggas.png.47fea18e0626492f202b8196138b0023.png

image.thumb.png.3c6ff86abc619816cc2ea9a8fe61f304.png

image.thumb.png.c852bbf2fdbf9e592f67c0edf0c2d723.png

image.thumb.png.23025c34091a722c8f11d3bde94b6904.png

image.thumb.png.38ddb7d833e2ca046c533447664385a2.png

Please Note -  These are screenshots of the game so far. 

I would also like to thank the current team who is involved in the project. 

 

Edited by Ethan Brooks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently working on the concept of a Fire Emblem SD Remake through FE7. Since as far as I'm aware Burning Legacy is a cancelled project so the "market" of re/demaking FE11 is still there, and I came up with many ideas of my own to bring the idea to life.

The main thing I'm doing at the moment is writing/editing support conversations especially for the characters I created by combining characters that I felt were redundant. For example I combined the characters Roshea and Vyland into Royland who basically serves the role of the bottom of the Wolfguard and essentially has most of Roshea's personality with a few details I could apply from Vyland to create a more fleshed out character. (Similarly Dolph and Macellan into Dollan who again is more fleshed out or at least unique by combining the two character's characteristics.) Still trying to figure out how/and/or/if I need to shove Bord and Cord together as I can't remember if they really were significant outside serving as the Axe Trio alongside Barst. (Even if I did combine them, there is no catchy name for them... Cobord?)

Other characters I'm bringing to life by essentially giving them unique classes or classes different from their own. For example Minerva and Michalis are Wyvern Lords and the only ones in the games. (All other enemies are Wyvern Knights and Caeda + Whitewings all promote to Falco Knights.) Hardin is given exclusive access to the Great Knight class as I feel that accurate reflects his Emperor class to come in FE12. Maria is made a Troubadour to give her more variation from the other healers rather than just being a lesser Lena replacement if you lose her. Other characters are given similar treatment, and growths are altered for other characters to help promote their differences (Or create differences in case they weren't anything special to begin with.)

 

I'm still working out ideas to breath life into the game while also trying to minimize the requirement to really CREATE something outside of the resources and maps. (I'm not a master editor, so the idea of making custom classes and other features is a bit daunting, but I may tackle it... we'll see.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RookofSpades said:

I'm currently working on the concept of a Fire Emblem SD Remake through FE7. Since as far as I'm aware Burning Legacy is a cancelled project so the "market" of re/demaking FE11 is still there, and I came up with many ideas of my own to bring the idea to life.

The main thing I'm doing at the moment is writing/editing support conversations especially for the characters I created by combining characters that I felt were redundant. For example I combined the characters Roshea and Vyland into Royland who basically serves the role of the bottom of the Wolfguard and essentially has most of Roshea's personality with a few details I could apply from Vyland to create a more fleshed out character. (Similarly Dolph and Macellan into Dollan who again is more fleshed out or at least unique by combining the two character's characteristics.) Still trying to figure out how/and/or/if I need to shove Bord and Cord together as I can't remember if they really were significant outside serving as the Axe Trio alongside Barst. (Even if I did combine them, there is no catchy name for them... Cobord?)

Other characters I'm bringing to life by essentially giving them unique classes or classes different from their own. For example Minerva and Michalis are Wyvern Lords and the only ones in the games. (All other enemies are Wyvern Knights and Caeda + Whitewings all promote to Falco Knights.) Hardin is given exclusive access to the Great Knight class as I feel that accurate reflects his Emperor class to come in FE12. Maria is made a Troubadour to give her more variation from the other healers rather than just being a lesser Lena replacement if you lose her. Other characters are given similar treatment, and growths are altered for other characters to help promote their differences (Or create differences in case they weren't anything special to begin with.)

 

I'm still working out ideas to breath life into the game while also trying to minimize the requirement to really CREATE something outside of the resources and maps. (I'm not a master editor, so the idea of making custom classes and other features is a bit daunting, but I may tackle it... we'll see.)

I'm already working on something like this, just so you know: http://feuniverse.us/t/gfe1r-generic-fe1-remake/2134

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently working on(another) a fe6 remake but in fe8.

 

Edited by WhydidImakethisaccount

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2018 at 1:52 AM, GlitchGabe said:

I myself am working on something that I guess could be a spiritual successor to the infamous "Dorcas Emblem." See, I always loved FE8; it's my favorite of the GBA Fire Emblem titles- and, since I'm learning how to use Nightmare (but not super well) and the FE8 Text Editor, I'm creating the spiritual successor to that game! It's still based on a fighter. Still haven't guessed? Then, my friend, it's time for me to introduce...

GARCIA EMBLEM!

fe8e_01.png.7e26d78b7e9298d1a16a6626d27766b5.png

And yes. It is what it sounds like. Everyone is Garcia!

fe8e.png.d57c418074247b728691576e3df56faf.png

Weapon names have been changed too, but who cares? Oh, wait... ME!

fe8e_03.png.5fa76c04250514c07234658b164e818e.png

I don't know what's come over me. So far,  just the prologue's done, but I'll make a full post by the time I finish at least one of the routes.

 

fe8e_02.png

That's a pretty good idea, but... The thing is that Dorcas wasn't chosen randomly. He became the hero of Dorcas emblem because he became a meme before that. Garcia, on the other hand, isn't a meme on his own. But there are four FE8 characters that became memes that you could use : Gheb, Lute, Moulder or Amelia. I know this might sound harsh and unpleasant, but I'm not willing to hurt you. It's just that... Well, Garcia doesn't feet like the right choice.

.

.

.

As for me, I'm currently planning to make a FE8 hack starring a group of bandits as the main characters. Do you know what this mean ? No ? Well, I'll tell you :

- The main lord (Replacing Eirika) will be a Brigand

- I haven't decided on the other lord's class, but it'd most likely be a myrmidon or a mercenary.

- Because I really like to torture all you hardcore mounted units fans, there won't be any playable mounted unit.

- Still I'll try to make the characters feel unique, and no one will start at the same class as another one.

- I'll put all my heart into the dialogues to make those characters funny and memorable, please love them, they deserve it

- I'll try to make the maps enjoyable, even though I have no idea how to make that happens

- Also if someone here can make custom musics that'd really help me out, I can't offer much except a cameo of your OC and your name in the credits :(

Currently, I planned the story up to chapter 5, finished creating the map for all 5 chapters, started working on scripting the first chapter, and made the sprites for 26 playable characters. I think I'll post my progresses in a dedicated topic once I fully finish chapter 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2018 at 4:22 PM, Zeldacrafter_Swagg said:

That's a pretty good idea, but... The thing is that Dorcas wasn't chosen randomly. He became the hero of Dorcas emblem because he became a meme before that. Garcia, on the other hand, isn't a meme on his own. But there are four FE8 characters that became memes that you could use : Gheb, Lute, Moulder or Amelia. I know this might sound harsh and unpleasant, but I'm not willing to hurt you. It's just that... Well, Garcia doesn't feet like the right choice.

I guess you could be right. After all, Garcia was just my base pick, and I'm still hesitant to finish the mod because of it. The problem is that I don't know how to put sprites INTO games, otherwise I'd just make Dorcas Emblem 3. Anyway, a little constructive criticizm is always nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This image pretty much sums up what I'm working on right now.  On a whim I combined Colm and Cormag's sprites (and drew in a few portions myself) and then thought "Well what if I stick a homestuck sprite in Fire Emblem?"

The difference is near entirely in graphics and text styling, although every reference to Eirika's gender has been edited which also meant altering a few lines beyond simple word-swapping since for example "I'm your brother and brothers are supposed to protect their brothers." "Well I'm your brother and brothers are supposed to worry about their brothers" doesn't quite work.  Currently editing battle and map sprites, as a nice break from killing my eyes editing all of Eirika's lines.

5bcab7cb9bab7_febuteirikaisyelling.png.c6ebf3923208fc3becaf30086bd24776.png

If nothing else, doing something silly like this is a nice low-pressure way to get used to the tools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now, I'm working on my Divine Herald project. A game that I'm developing using the SRPG studio program. Trying to grasp how to get past some walls, like finding myself better map and battle sprites, as well giving them different colors, developing original music, creating more diverse skills for the units, and finding better mapchips, also trying to figure out how to create an MP system for command based skills and magic weapons. So, I've got my work cut out for me at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you already have a thread for your project, I don't really see the point of posting it here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kirb1337 said:

if you already have a thread for your project, I don't really see the point of posting it here.

Well, it's just a concept at the moment, so it won't seeing much notice for a while. So I thought it wouldn't hurt to mention it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm working on something that I'm not sure if someone have tried to do it before. Something unique and different compared to other fan games and hacks. Something that is risky and perhaps unfeasible to make. And, I am looking forward to people's reactions when I'll finalize the reveal of my project. MUHAHAHAHAHA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.