What are you working on?

NICKT™

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was originally planning to make a ROM hack, but then I learned more about FEXNA and that looks to be an infinitely superior option for what I want to do.

It's currently in the planning stages, and just from this basic thesis statement it sounds awfully generic, but my plan is to make an original Fire Emblem game on a new continent, with a new cast, etc. etc., and basically make it my ideal Fire Emblem game. Now, I realize that that's pretty unspecific, but essentially what I mean is this: Fire Emblem Awakening was designed based on a thesis statement of taking all the best aspects of Fire Emblem and putting them into one game. Although your mileage may vary wildly as to how successful IS's attempt at that was, my plan is to make essentially my optimal Fire Emblem game, in that sense, although it will of course also have its own new features unique to itself.

There will be two generations, but they'll work more akin to Genealogy of the Holy War's, having the child characters take over for the first generation characters rather than join them. I'm still working on how I'm going to transition from the first generation to the second, and what the relevance is to the plot.

Some basic bullet points on it are:

Miscellaneous things:

• The game will follow the typical Fire Emblem map progression system, with no free world map navigation, simply drawing the player into the next chapter as soon as the previous one is completed.
  • As far as game length goes, the plan is for the first generation to be around sixteen chapters or so, most likely counting sidequests, but counting each time a route branches as being just one chapter. The second generation will be longer, at around twenty-something main story chapters, not counting sidequests or branching routes. (Although those will still be present).
  • The first generation will have a standard single-Lord-centric plot, but the second generation will have three "Lord" units (although they may not all have that class name). There will be some equivalent to the Eliwood/Hector Stories thing FE7 did, but I'm not yet sure how I'll handle it. I'm thinking that the beginning of the second generation will have a Final Fantasy VI-style "complete these three scenarios in any order you please" setup to cover the events of each Lord's tale up to them meeting each other (which each mini-scenario being 2~5 chapters long), but on the whole it's still rather up in the air.
  • Skills will exist, of course. Like in Jugdral and Tellius, though, they'll be mostly attached to characters, with a few instances of class-specific skills, such as the Thief class line's ability to steal items and use Lockpicks.
  • Ice magic will be added, as a subcategory of Fire magic that's only usable by a certain class line. The in-universe explanation is that Fire and Ice magic spells are actually very similar in terms of how they work, with the biggest difference being the direction in which you send the temperature. All Ice tomes have the "-reaver" effect compared to Fire tomes.
  • I'm contemplating bringing back Radiant Dawn's giving each Anima magic type effectiveness against a particular unit type (in which case Ice would be effective against heavily-armored units to complete the set), but I'm worried that would make Anima too broken, considering it's likely to be the most available type of magic in the game.
  • Archers and Knights will receive much-needed buffs. Recruitable Archers will just be flat-out better, and I'm contemplating giving the class itself a boost, too. Maybe one more point of Movement, or perhaps Snipers will receive a latent critical boost and/or inherent Aggressor skill. Knights will be able to use both Lances and Axes at base and gain access to Swords upon promotion into Generals. They may also have inherent Provoke, or at least that skill will be made available among your selection of (potential) Knights/Generals.
  • Anima mages will be split into three types a similar way to Jugdral; however, this "three" includes standard Fire/Thunder/Wind-using Mages. The additional two types are Season Mages (Fire+Ice) who promote into horse-riding Mage Knights and gain the use of Lances, and Storm Mages (Thunder, Wind) who promote into Mage Fighters and gain the use of Swords and Staves. Never fear, though; Dark and Light magic, and recruitable users thereof, will be present as well.
  • There will be certain character-specific alternate promotion paths for certain classes. I think whether these will simply be the character's basic promotion or whether they'll have to be activated by doing an optional event would depend on the instance.
  • I've been having ideas for Trainee units to be present, but they would be unique and rare (although pretty much all of them would join early on) and probably somewhat tough to recruit. They would each have a wider selection of 1st-tier promotions than in Sacred Stones, but branching promotions outside of this and the aforementioned story-/character-based branches would not exist.
  • In general, there will be a lot of secrets and optional things in the game. There will be the aforementioned sidequests and branching routes, of course, but also optional Talk events, characters and items that are relatively tucked away, special bonuses for reaching A support with certain character pairings, etc.
  • I also want to, wherever possible, avoid having anything taking place during a chapter be something the player can't affect or interfere with. I've always been the sort of player who wonders things like, "What if saving Quan and Ethlyn would actually result in them surviving for the intents and purposes of the plot?", "What if you could weasel someone into a position where they could take out Caellach or block him from being able to kill Ismaire?", and stuff like that. As such, I want to reward players for trying to do things like that. Even if it's really hard to do, you will be able to interfere in mid-chapter cutscenes, provided doing so is mechanically-possible. Doing so won't break the game at all, but will alter the course of the story in that regard. You can't really send the story drastically off-track or anything, though. For anyone wondering, this would absolutely overlap with the aforementioned "lot of secrets and optional things".

Relating to the multiple generations mechanics:

• The first generation cast will be noticeably smaller than the second, most likely, and at least some of the first generation characters may return later in the second generation (if they survived the chapters of the first, of course).
  • I'm still playing with whether or not I want to include a Holy Blood system. At this point, I think it really depends on where I decide to go with the main plot (which I've barely developed beyond a few vague ideas).
  • Originally the plan was to have each individual possible pairing result in its own unique child or set of children, but now I'm kinda leaning towards having each character, male or female, have one child attached to them, and having some (maybe all?) specific pairings add an additional child to that.
  • I don't know whether or not every first generation character will be able to get married in the same playthrough (I'm leaning towards aiming for it, at least, but I'm still not sure). This means there's a chance that it might be impossible to recruit every child character in a given playthrough.
  • One plan for the generational split was that at one point there would be a time skip over a couple years late in the first generation, which would be followed by probably a 3~5 chapter expedition. This expedition results in a cataclysmic event that causes some sort of divide of the continent, separating the first generation characters from their children.
  • Depending on whether a pairing hooked up before or after the shorter first-generation time skip, their children would either join earlier and older, or later and younger, respectively.
  • There would be substitute characters, but they would work somewhat differently from Genealogy's. There are two replacements to each child character; one substitute for the child's "parents were paired pre-expedition" recruitment circumstances, and one substitute for the child's "parents were paired during expedition" circumstances. So for every trio of one child and two substitutes, you can get only two out of three per playthrough.
    Substitutes you've locked yourself out of recruiting might cameo in houses and villages in various places instead of the generic villagers who would otherwise be there (with the substitutes having their own spin on the dialogue, of course) to show that you don't retcon them out of existence by getting them replaced by a child character.
  • While there would be no reclassing, certain child characters may have their base classes changed with certain parents. Additionally, whether a child character's parents were paired off pre-expedition or during the expedition may also affect the child character's class. There would be some instances of these overlapping, but in general such instances of changed classes as a result of parentage circumstances would be the minority.
  • The first generation main character does have multiple potential spouses. However, since the second generation main character is their child, they have an arranged marriage with a character who joins after completing the last chapter before the expedition. If they have a lover before reaching that chapter, their arranged spouse will accept that they have already found love and they'll get to marry their lover. However, if they haven't hooked up with anyone, they go through with the arranged marriage and that character becomes their spouse.
    Their arranged spouse joins you either way, of course, and can be paired off with someone else during the expedition if you wish, should you marry the main character to someone else beforehand.
  • The second generation main character's potential siblings each have a third set of recruitment circumstances in the instance that they are his sibling. I haven't decided yet if making a character his sibling qualifies you for getting that character's early-game substitute or not, mainly because I haven't decided how much the "Lord's sibling" recruitment circumstances will vary from that child's standard "parents paired before expedition" recruitment circumstances.
    They will most likely count as early-game themselves, though, in which case you will get the late-game substitute for the second generation Lord's sibling.
  • Speaking of the second generation Lord, his class is actually changed by each and every one of his potential non-attached parents. For each of them, he has a unique first- and second-tier "Lord"/"_____ Lord" class, as well as a unique early- and late-game PRF weapon to go with the Lord class he ended up with.
  • Children will inherit skills and statistical tendencies from their variable parents.
  • Things are passed down from the child's fixed parent, but how much is passed down depends on the character. Each child will have their own base stats, growths, skills, etc. most often based on their fixed parent's, but not 100%. I do want the children to have some individuality, unit-wise, rather than being essentially the sum of their parents.
  • The criteria for unlocking a child character is as such: The game checks after completing the last chapter before the mid-first-gen timeskip to see if the character is alive, and then to see if they've a lover. If both of these are true at that time, the child's early-game recruitment circumstances will be unlocked for the second generation and you don't need to worry about that anymore.
    If a child's early-game recruitment circumstances are not unlocked, the game will check again after completing the first generation for their fixed parent's survival, and then whether or not they have a lover, and if both of these are true, the child's later-game recruitment circumstances will be unlocked for the second generation.
  • Any first generation characters who fall during the first generation will not return in the second, with perhaps a select few exceptions. However, they can die during the expedition and you will still be able to recruit their children later provided you unlocked the child's early-game recruitment circumstances as detailed above. Whether a child's parents died or survived (or one died and one survived) will probably affect the child's dialogue in some places.
  • There might be certain optional event chains that begin in the first generation, but don't end until the second generation.

Put in spoiler tags because it's loooooong.
Considering this isn't going to be a ROM hack (anymore), I hope this is the right place to put this...

Edited by Starlight36

Fascinating idea, Starlight. Color me interested.

Why thank you~

I generally try not to make a habit of sharing my ideas publicly, so I'm glad it turned out well this time.

EDIT: I broke the Spoiler tags someone, I'm so sorry.

On a related note, I've been thinking more about Holy Blood and I've decided how it's going to work.

The Guardians of Razia and their Sacred Treasures:

• Name: Ryszard

Class: Wyvern Lord

​Sign: Aries

Treasure: Leviathan, the Storm Axe (Axe)

• Name: Rufus

Class: Swordmaster

Sign: Taurus

Treasure: Flamberge, the Searing Blade (Sword)

• Name: Selim

Class: Bishop

Sign: Gemini

Treasures: Starlight, the Piercing Brilliance (Light tome); Phoenix, the Staff of Life

• Name: Selma

Class: War Cleric

Sign: Gemini

Treasures: Bahamut, the Glacier-Cleaver (Axe); Illusion, the Conjurer's Staff

• Name: Thyra

Class: Mage Fighter

Sign: Cancer

Treasure: Jupiter, the Roar of the Skies (Thunder tome)

• Name: Edan

Class: Sage

Sign: Leo

Treasure: Gaia, the Land's Fury (Fire tome)

• Name: Lani

Class: Valkyrie

Sign: Virgo

Treasure: Cybele, the Earthen Blade (Sword)

• Name: Estrella

Class: Sorceress

Sign: Libra

Treasure: Ragnarok, the Night's Judgment (Dark tome)

• Name: Icarus

Class: Assassin

Sign: Scorpio

Treasure: Moonring Blade, the Moon's Shadow (Knife)

• Name: Diana

Class: Sniper

Sign: Sagittarius

Treasure: Eos, the Heavenly Bow (Bow)

• Name: Nodin

Class: Trickster

Sign: Capricorn

Treasure: Excalibur, the Cutting Gale (Wind tome)

• Name: Aubin

Class: Mage Knight

Sign: Aquarius

Treasure: Aurora, the Frigid Lights (Ice tome)

• Name: Xenia

Class: Falcon Knight

Sign: Pisces

Treasure: Aeolus, the Eye of the Hurricane (Lance)

Unattached to any legendary hero is the Plasma Chariot, the ultimate Ballista/seige weapon

Holy Blood works largely the same way as in FE4, but there are some differences, mostly pertaining to how weapon levels and accessibility are handled.

Firstly, weapon levels will be using the non-fixed model, where you gain WExp from attacking/using staves.

Additionally, all the sacred weapons this time around are just plain S rank, which means that anyone with access to that weapon type can theoretically use them if they attain S rank in the required weapon level.

However, this is where Holy Blood comes in!

Minor blood lets you use the associated Sacred Treasures with A rank in that weapon type, while Major blood allows you to use the associated Sacred Treasures with E rank.

As far as statistical bonuses go, I haven't worked out the particulars yet, but units will gain growth rate bonuses (and maybe slight base stat bonuses?) from their Holy Blood, obviously moreso for Major than for Minor.

I do know that I'm planning to have Holy Blood give a bonus to the base Weapon Level of whatever weapon type the associated Sacred Treasure is, though. Minor blood gives the unit half the WExp they need to reach the next level, and Major increases their starting weapon level by one rank. So, a base E would become D, base C would become B, and so on. This only applies if the unit can wield that weapon type normally, though. I think I'll try and set it up so that these bonuses are applied twofold after promotion if the unit can't use the weapon type in their base class, but can in their promoted class. (For example, a Mercenary with Ryszard Major, when promoted into a Hero, would start with C rank in Axes, rather than the usual E).

EDIT: I forgot, I've also come up with two Class Skills for Knights/Generals that'll hopefully make them better. One of them is an adaptation of an existing skill, but the other one is new. Y'know what, just have the whole Skill list I've currently got written up:

PERSONAL SKILLS:

Pursuit

Decreases the attack speed lead required to double attack to 1.

Adept

May attempt to attack again after attacking in battle.

Activation rate = [speed]%

Adept cannot be activated from an attack caused by Adept.

Vantage

Always attack first in combat if possible, even when an enemy initiated the combat.

Wrath

When HP is below 50% of max, gain +50 critical chance.

Miracle

If HP is greater than 1, may survive a fatal blow with 1 HP remaining.

Activation rate: (2 x [luck])%

Paragon

Doubles the amount of EXP received.

Nihil

Nullifies the opponent's skill activations, critical hit chances and effectiveness bonus.

Provoke

Increases the unit's chances of being targeted by enemies.

Shade

Decreases the unit's chances of being targeted by enemies.

Charm

Grants +5 Hit, Avoid, Critical and Critical Avoid to all allies within 3 spaces of the unit.

Daunt

Decreases the Hit, Avoid, Critical and Critical Avoid of all enemies within 3 spaces of the unit by 5.

Heartthrob

Grants +10 Hit, Avoid, Critical and Critical Avoid to some allies within 3 spaces of the unit based on the unit's gender.

If the unit has a lover, bonuses received from support ranks are increased by one more rank's worth in addition to the aforementioned +10 bonus to various battle stats.

Celerity

Increases the unit's Movement by 2.

Pass

Enables the unit to pass through, but not end their movement on, tiles occupied by enemy units.

Acrobat

All accessable terrain types can be crossed as freely as if they were plains.

Savior

Allows the unit to Rescue an ally without suffering any stat penalties.

Bargain

Allows the unit to buy items from armories, vendors and shops for half price.

Renewal

Restores the unit's HP by 30% of max at the beginning of their faction's phase.

Bond

Restores the HP of all allies within three spaces of the unit by 10% of max at the beginning of their faction's phase.

Pavise

May halve physical damage directed at the unit.

Activation rate = [defense]%

Aegis

May halve magical damage directed at the unit.

Activation rate = [magic]%

Counter

If the unit dodges an attack, deals damage to the enemy equal to ([enemy's total attack power] - [enemy's relevant defensive stat]) / 2.

Activation rate = same as the chance to dodge the enemy attack.

Aggressor

Grants attack power +10 when the unit initiates combat.

Lifetaker

When the unit fells an enemy, restores HP by 50% of that enemy's maximum.

Vengeance

If [user current HP] < [user max HP], may increase attack power by ([user max HP] - [user current HP]) / 2.

Activation rate = ([max HP] / 2)%

Shatter

May destroy the opponent's currently equipped weapon in addition to dealing damage. PRF weapons and Sacred Treasures cannot be Shattered.

Activation rate = ([weight of user's weapon] - [weight of opponent's weapon])%

Ignis

May add half the unit's Strength/Magic (whichever is not used by the currently-equipped weapon) to their attack power.

Activation rate = [skill]%

Astra

May attack five times consecutively at half normal power. Each attack on its own can be a critical hit, but no other offensive skills can activate until Astra has concluded.

Luna

May halve the enemy's effective defenses when attacking.

Sol

May restore HP equal to the amount of damage dealt when attacking.

Aether

May attack twice in a row, first with Sol's effect, then with Luna's.

Activation rate = ([skill] / 2)%

CLASS SKILLS:

Canto

All mounted classes

Allows the unit to use any left over Movement to move again after performing an action.

Defender

Knights, Generals

Increases Defense and Resistance by ([defense] + [resistance]) / 4 when Rescuing another unit. Does not negate Speed/Skill penalty.

Fortifier

Knights, Generals

Multiplies the Defense, Evasion and HP restoration bonuses received from advantageous terrain by 1.5.

Perform

Bards, Dancers, Sages (when promoted from Bards)

Allows the unit to perform for an ally once per Player Phase and enable them to act again.

Ice

Season Mages, Mage Knights, Lord (Force Lord)

Allows the unit to equip and weild Ice tomes.

Ice magic shares a weapon level with Fire magic.

Relief

Monks/Shamans, Priests/Clerics, Troubadours, War Monks/Clerics, Bishops, Valkyries

Restores the unit's HP by 10% of max at the beginning of their faction's phase if A: there are no enemies within three spaces of the unit, and/or B: the unit is not within the attack range of any opposing units.

Steal

Thieves, Rogues, Assassins, Tricksters, Dancers

Enables the unit to steal items and unequipped weapons from enemies if the unit's speed stat is greater than the target's. Weapons can only be stolen if the stealer's strength stat is equal to or greater than the weapon's weight.

Knife

Thieves, Rogues, Assassins, Tricksters, Dancers

Allows the unit to equip and weild Knives.

Knives share a weapon level with Swords.

Locktouch

Rogues

Enables the unit to open doors and treasure chests without the use of keys or lockpicks.

Lethality

Assassins

May fell an opponent in a single blow, regardless of the user's attack power or their opponent's remaining HP.

Activation rate = ([critical chance] / 2)%

Edited by Starlight36

hmm.

this is all very interesting starlight

hmm

damn now i wanna use a generation gap for a possible fexna project.

Thanks~

And I say go for it, if you've got a good idea for it! The official series has only used it twice, so there's still plenty of room to try new things with it, I think.

Also, I've decided to post the current class list I've got written up because why not?

[spoiler=Class list]CHARACTER-SPECIFIC CLASSES:

Lord -> Knight Lord
Swords [Demothi]/Lances [Theodore] (+Lances [Demothi], Swords [Theodore])
Demothi's starting class and one of Theodore's possible base classes. Demothi uses swords on foot, while Theodore prefers lances, but once promoted into Knight Lords they both have access to both weapon types as well as a horse.
Lord -> Blade Lord
Swords (+Bows)
One of Theodore's possible base classes. A swift and dexterous warrior versed in Sienese swordplay. Promotes into a Blade Lord and becomes able to weild bows.
Lord -> Great Lord
Axes (+Swords)
One of Theodore's possible base classes. A stalwart, heavily-armored fighter who prefers axes in combat. More durable than Irzark's Prince class, but also slower. Promotes into a Great Lord and gains access to Swords.
Lord -> Ranger Lord
Bows (+Staves)
One of Theodore's possible base classes. An agile, focused warrior specializing in archery and navigating difficult terrain. Promotes into a Ranger Lord and gains access to Staves.
Lord -> Force Lord
Fire+Ice (+Thunder, Wind)
One of Theodore's possible base classes. A balanced spellslinger who specializes in Fire and Ice magic. Promotes into a Force Lord and gains access to Thunder and Wind magic.
Lord -> Justice Lord
Dark (+Fire, Swords)
One of Theodore's possible base classes. A strong, hardy and slow sorceror learned in the ways of elder Dark magic. Promotes into a Justice Lord and gains access to Fire magic and Swords.
Lord -> Spirit Lord
Light (+Dark, Staves)
One of Theodore's possible base classes. A quick, powerful and fragile spellcaster who prefers holy Light magic. Promotes into a Spirit Lord and gains access to Dark magic and Staves.
Lord -> Sage Lord
Staves (+Fire, Thunder, Wind)
One of Theodore's possible base classes. A kindhearted healer who aids allies with supportive Staves, but cannot attack. Promotes into a Sage Lord and gains access to Fire, Thunder and Wind magic.
Prince -> King
Axes (+Swords, Lances)
Prince Irzark's class. An armored prince who prefers axes in battle. Irzark has balanced stats overall, but leans slightly towards the heavier-weight end of the spectrum. After ascending the throne of Regia, Irzark becomes a King, and gains access to Swords and Lances.
Vigilante -> Huntress
Lances (+Bows)
The personal class of Alicia, the Princess of Rogues. A spear-bearing warrior who is balanced overall, but leans slightly towards the lighter-weight end of the spectrum. Alicia can promote into a Huntress, gaining a horse, as well as the ability to weild Bows in combat.
Journeyman
-> Fighter, Pirate, Brigand, Knight*, Axe Knight*, Wyvern Rider*
Axes (+Lances [Knight])
A young axe-weilding commoner with great potential who's still new to the ways of combat.
Recruit
-> Cavalier, Soldier, Knight, Pegasus Knight*
Lances (+Swords [Cavalier], Axes [Knight])
A freshly-conscripted cadet who uses lances in combat. Inexperienced, but talented.
Pupil
-> Mage, Season Mage, Storm Mage, Dark Mage*, Monk*, Priest*
Fire, Thunder, Wind (+Ice [season Mage], Dark [Dark Mage], Light [Monk], Staves [Priest])
A young scholar learning the arts of magic. Destined for great things.
STANDARD CLASSES:
Mercenary -> Hero
Swords (+Axes)
Professional sellswords with balanced stats all around.
Myrmidon -> Swordmaster
Swords
Dedicated swordfighters who battle with alacrity and grace. Skilled at dealing decisive blows.
Cavalier -> Paladin
Swords, Lances
Sturdy, versatile horseback knights versed in the ways of both swords and spears.
Axe Knight -> Great Knight
Axes (+Swords, Lances)
Knights who ride into battle weilding axes. Their durability and strength are somewhat greater than that of Cavaliers, but their speed and accuracy, somewhat lesser.
Knight -> General
Lances, Axes (+Swords)
Stalwart warriors with exceptional durability and strength, but lower movement and agility.
Soldier -> Halberdier
Lances
Balanced spearfighters with no particularly noticeable strengths or weaknesses.
Fighter -> Warrior
Axes (+Bows)
Mighty brawlers who prefer axes in combat. High strength and HP, but lower accuracy.
Pirate, Brigand -> Berserker
Axes
Reckless axefighters skilled at traversing the seas or mountains. Swifter than Fighters, but less durable.
Archer -> Sniper
Bows
Arrow-flinging soldiers who prefer to attack from a range. They have good stats, but cannot engage in battles at melee range.
Nomad -> Horseman
Bows (+Swords)
Horseback archers. For the most part, their stats are somewhat lower than standard Archers', but they make up for it with their heightened agility and movement, although their durability is still comparatively lacking.
Thief -> Rogue, Assassin, Trickster, Dancer
Swords, Knives* (+Bows [Assassin], Wind [Trickster], Fire [Dancer], Staves [Trickster, Dancer])
Slippery vagrants with nimble fingers. While they can fight weilding swords and knives, their specialties lie in picking locks and emptying vaults and pockets.
Rogues no longer need Lockpicks to open doors and chests.
Assassins learn archery in addition to their trademark ability to deal decisive mortal blows with their Lethality skill.
Tricksters gain access to the use of Wind magic and staves, and have superior combat abilities, aside from their lack of the Lethality skill to instantly fell opponents.
While Dancers see little increase in combat ability, they do gain access to Fire magic and staves, as well as the ability to dance for their comrades once per Player Phase, revitalizing them and enabling them to act again that turn.
Which of these classes a given Thief will promote into depends upon the individual.
Pegasus Knight -> Falcon Knight
Lances (+Swords, Staves)
Airborne warriors who weild lances. Although their flying mounts grant them amazing mobility, they're unable to take advantage of most terrain features and are highly vulnerable to arrows and Wind magic. Despite their vulnerability to Wind, Pegasus Knights are quite resistant to most magical attacks.
Wyvern Rider -> Wyvern Lord
Axes (+Lances)
Fearsome warriors who command the skies from the backs of their dragon mounts. They're a good deal stronger and sturdier than their pegasusback sisters, but are somewhat slower and much more vulnerable to magical attacks, particularly Thunder spells.
Ballistician
Ballistae & Seige Weaponry
Operators of slow, yet sturdy and powerful, seige weaponry. They have great defenses and can fire on enemies from a great distance away, but they're utterly impotent in close-range combat.
Mage , Bard -> Sage
Fire, Thunder, Wind, Light [bard] (+Light, Staves)
Versatile mages with high magic power and access to a variety of spell types, but the weakest physical resilience of the elemental mages. Bards can also weild Light magic and play a song for their an ally once per Player Phase, rejuvenating them and allowing them to act again that turn. Sages promoted from Bards will retain this ability, while Sages promoted from Mages will not have access to it.
Season Mage -> Mage Knight
Fire, Ice* (+Lances)
Mages who specialize in Fire magic and the rare school of Ice magic. They have the highest physical defenses of the elemental mages, with middling magical power, and take up horseback combat and swordfighting upon promotion.
Storm Mage -> Mage Fighter
Thunder, Wind (+Swords, Staves)
Mages who specialize in Thunder and Wind magic. They're quick, but their defenses are only middle-of-the-road, and their magic power is the lowest of the elemental casters', although their physical strength is the highest. They gain access to swords and staves upon promotion.
Dark Mage -> Sorceror/Sorceress, Summoner
Dark (+Thunder [sorceror/Sorceress], Staves)
Studious mages who dabble in arcane Dark magic. Their spells are slow to cast and not as easy to hit with, but they come with high power and a bevvy of unusual effects. Dark Mages usually choose to further their elder magic studies and become more powerful Sorcerors, gaining access to Thunder magic, but a few will instead delve into the arts of spirit-conjuring and take up the title of Summoner. Both Sorceror and Summoner alike also gain access to staves.
Monk, Shaman -> Bishop
Light (+Staves)
Weilders of divine Light magic. They tend to have higher magical power and resistance, and their strengths lie in their spells' high accuracy and critical hit rates. They take up the staff upon promotion, and their great magical prowess will serve them well for when supporting their allies, as well.
Priest, Cleric -> War Monk/War Cleric, Bishop
Staves (+Axes [War Monk/Cleric]/Light [bishop])
Peaceful staff-carrying people of the cloth who specialize in healing and aiding their allies. They have very high magical resistance, but downright flimsy physical defenses. Once promoted, they can either take up axefighting and become War Monks or Clerics, or they can learn Light magic, becoming the same Bishop class that Monks and Shamans change into.
Troubadour -> Valkyrie
Staves (+Swords, Light)
Horseback healers with higher movement, but lower magical defenses. With enough training they can become Valkyries, holy warriors versed in both swordfighting and Light magic, in addition to supportive staves.
Manakete
Dragonstones

Enigmatic dragonkin who take on mighty draconic forms using the power they draw from rare magical stones. A transformed Manakete is a nigh-peerless combatant, but without their Dragonstones, they are utterly defenseless.

...For anyone wondering, the reason Dancers get Fire and Tricksters get Wind is because I had given Sorcerors Thunder and wanted to make it so that there was exactly one non-Anima Mage class that was able to use each of the three standard elements. Tricksters get Wind because I feel Wind magic could be used for tricks and such things, and Dancers get Fire because fire dancers are a thing.

And as if anyone was wondering, Sorcerors get Thunder as a callback/shout-out to Pelleas.

Also, here's the world map. I'm not sure if this'll be its final design, but it's what I've got at the moment.

[spoiler=The World Map]bSFnKay.png

Yeah, I know it's really not that good, but I tried. I don't have a name for the continent, but I decided to pluck the unused world map location names from Binding Blade and Path of Radiance because I liked them. I didn't use things like Belsys/Persis or Serenes because those actually are things in the finished game, even if they're no longer names on the world map.

I'm remaking (more like remade as it is already finished, 200+ hours woohoo) FE7 to flow into Elibian Nights better. Basically allowing Lowen to promote to great knight, Matthew to rogue, referencing events that will happen in Elibian nights and events that happened in fe7x (mentioning of Toni and Shen and such) etc. Then making characters like natalie playable as well as expanding the story a great deal with characters who weren't originally designed to live. Don't worry their reason for not appearing or being referenced in Elibian Nights is all explained.

Details:

Furthermore I also included a complete overhaul to the names of all weapons so they actually referenced historical examples and not just "Killer Lance." Some examples include the Spear being renamed the trident and the short spear taking the spear name. The killing edge i now called a "katana" and the Iron and steel blade are called the "Broadsword" and "Greatsword" with the Silver blade taking the form of the (prf to Uther) "Claymore" The Regal Blade is now renamed the "Clarent" (the sword stolen from King Arthur by Morgan to eventually kill him, it is considered the opposite of Excalibur similar to alondite and ragnell) the heavy spear is called the pike, the Killer bow is named after a ninja's throwing knife and the thin sword is now called an "estoc" and negates defense yet has a drastic reduction to uses to counteract this.

I also gave a description to every single weapon in the game and even changed the functionality of a few of the wepaons, ie. Fenrir now poisons foes. The Wind sword (now called Tengu after the eastern wind god and as a throw back to megaman's tenguman) is now usable as it comes in Karel's inventory with Wo dao. The Emblem weapons are also all hidden somewhere in the game as a "collectible" of sorts and they have an added bonus which will help you later on in the game.

Raven's story as well as some other's were expanded upon and added to (not changed but just expounded) to make for a deeper and more believable story. In Raven's circumstance I felt it odd that he is one of the few characters that can't be paired so I figured to explain that a bit. In my retelling of Raven's back story, which is found in a conversation between Eagler and Lucius in the Caelin prison, Raven was betrothed to a girl named Elisabeth but on the wedding day the Ostian's attacked and killed his family and his wife to be. I figured "Alot of these characters have dead parents yet for some reason Raven is willing to go way beyond the others to avenge them while other characters just simply grieve for a chapter and move on" so by adding the extra plot device of being engaged it makes it seem that he lost absolutely everything even new found yet non obtained love to the Ostian's, completely justifying his determined rage. It was a simple addition but it explained why he can't be paired as you can't easily move past such a traumatic event and it adds more layers to his grief and vengeance.

Besides those things though here are the extra characters I included:

Eagler: Who's now playable as there was no reason for him to die in the first place. He joins Lyn in taking down Lundgren under the smokescreen of his apparent death. His family was held by Lundgren to force him into fighting Lyn and this family he wants to get back to so bad happens to contain his son Treck. Either way after killing Lundgren he joins the personal guard of the Marquess of Caelin and can be recruited (He is a simple NPC in Lyn's tale against Lundgren) alongside Raven and Lucius in the Caelin cell if he survives the chapter. (His horse is killed in the fight with Lyn and he becomes a halberdier)

Leila: When Matthew sees her again in Caelin he gives her a necklace when he invites her to meet his family in Ostia. After this, on the Dread Isle Jaffar attacks Leila and stabs at her heart but the locket interferes with the blades path and it slightly misses her vitals. Jaffar knowing inside that he isn't a moral deprived monster allows her to live after hearing her utter the words "Matthew" and understands she is in love. Hector and co find her and she stays with Fargus to recover as Eliwood and his gang go into the depths of the dread isle. She is then playable on the next mission after Eliwood's father dies. (she keeps her custom class and comes with a poison sword and hp up robe to counteract her low health without affecting the fight event)

Tactician: He's just awesome and should have been a a character from the start. After the story I have something in there about him finding a portal to a place called Ylisse or something, guess that's why he isn't in Elibian Nights. (He has his own class that borrows the Monk animation yet when he promotes he uses the Dark Druid animation(I might change it to summoner later on) and has the bramimond class not to mention he uses Bramimonds portrait and Bramimond uses Teodor's portrait and the regular druid class, he joins in chapter 1)

Uther: He doesn't trust that his impulsive brother can find Athos on his own so he assists him on the journey knowing he will soon pass away and he craves one last adventure (he comes equipped with a Claymore whoop). In his absence Orun watches over Ostia. Almost immediately after Nergal's defeat he passes and Hector surpasses him. (He uses the sword half of Hector's great lord class and hector has been locked to only use axes to create some uniqueness, furthermore Hector has a new palette for his class colors and Uther uses the original Class colors furthering the unique aspect. he is recruitable in the level with Pent)

Fargus: After dropping the crew off at the dread isle he asks Eliwood if he needs help but in this reality Eliwood accepts the help and Fargus comes along and helps in the chapter with Renault (He is a beast and keeps all of his original stats and such)

Jan: He offers to help Nino and gain revenge against Nergal for the death of his old family, the original black fang. (He is a badass brigand that comes with lethality...it is truly amazing, he is recruitable after the chapter where Sonia kills Brendan)

Roland: He becomes a playable unit in spirit form (I'm still hoping I can find a way to make it where when you "use" Durandal so that he appears on the map almost like a phantom with the necromancer class but I understand thats currently not possible or its very difficult). Basically after retrieving Durandal he becomes a playable unit in his spectral form. He isnt there in physical presence but his ghost fights alongside you as a jacket hero class.(He is recruitable after entering the shrine and taking Durandal)

Natalie: Lyn waits until they take care of her leg (ya know instead of waiting 2 years to give Dorcas the money to fix it...how cruel) and she is so grateful that she joins the team, assisting with her past experience as the village cleric. (she is a cleric and is recruitable with Dorcas thankfully the next chapter has a healer tutorial lol)

Linus: After Linus' defeat he escapes but instead of Limstella finding him and absorbing his essence he finds his brother who had sensed something was up with the fang. He sees Linus' wounds but before Linus can explain that Eliwood isnt a criminal he passes out from the injuries and Lloyd swears revenge on eliwood. Linus is taken to a hidden shelter with the surviving fang (the one with the glass alt portrait, I forget his name and he might be playable in a later version). Lloyd then goes off in pursuit of Eliwood thinking he is a much more dangerous criminal than he believed. (Linus remains a hero but might use a custom class later on, I'm still not sure, he is recruitable in the chapter with renault)

Lloyd: After defeating him Eliwood spares his life which baffles Lloyd. Eliwood explains they are going to take down Nergal as he is the true enemy and not Lloyd whom he can tell is a good man at heart and Lloyd realizes who the real criminal was all along and what Linus was trying to tell him. He asks to aid Eliwood in avenging his father and Eliwood tells him and his brother to join him on the Dread Isle for the final battle. He then leaves to go find his brother and tell him what happened. (He is the classic Jacket swordmaster but I might change it to another custom class, preferably the Cloud Strife animation, he is recruitable alongside his brother in the level where you get renault)

These are all the characters I've done so far but I hope to do more or maybe remove some, I also added the ability to recruit Karel AND Harken, Geitz AND Wallace, Karla in Eliwoods tale and farina who is exclusive to Hector's tale into Eliwood's so that all characters can be obtained in one play through. I have alot of other changes story wise, gameplay wise, content wise etc as well but these are the main changes that I thought were worth mentioning.

post-13172-0-29973900-1418689578_thumb.png

Edited by RennacIsUnderrated

I'm remaking (more like remade as it is already finished, 200+ hours woohoo) FE7 to flow into Elibian Nights better. Basically allowing Lowen to promote to great knight, Matthew to rogue, referencing events that will happen in Elibian nights and events that happened in fe7x (mentioning of Toni and Shen and such) etc. Then making characters like natalie playable as well as expanding the story a great deal with characters who weren't originally designed to live. Don't worry their reason for not appearing or being referenced in Elibian Nights is all explained.

Details:

Furthermore I also included a complete overhaul to the names of all weapons so they actually referenced historical examples and not just "Killer Lance." Some examples include the Spear being renamed the trident and the short spear taking the spear name. The killing edge i now called a "katana" and the Iron and steel blade are called the "Broadsword" and "Greatsword" with the Silver blade taking the form of the (prf to Uther) "Claymore" The Regal Blade is now renamed the "Clarent" (the sword stolen from King Arthur by Morgan to eventually kill him, it is considered the opposite of Excalibur similar to alondite and ragnell) the heavy spear is called the pike, the Killer bow is named after a ninja's throwing knife and the thin sword is now called an "estoc" and negates defense yet has a drastic reduction to uses to counteract this.

I also gave a description to every single weapon in the game and even changed the functionality of a few of the wepaons, ie. Fenrir now poisons foes. The Wind sword (now called Tengu after the eastern wind god and as a throw back to megaman's tenguman) is now usable as it comes in Karel's inventory with Wo dao. The Emblem weapons are also all hidden somewhere in the game as a "collectible" of sorts and they have an added bonus which will help you later on in the game.

Raven's story as well as some other's were expanded upon and added to (not changed but just expounded) to make for a deeper and more believable story. In Raven's circumstance I felt it odd that he is one of the few characters that can't be paired so I figured to explain that a bit. In my retelling of Raven's back story, which is found in a conversation between Eagler and Lucius in the Caelin prison, Raven was betrothed to a girl named Elisabeth but on the wedding day the Ostian's attacked and killed his family and his wife to be. I figured "Alot of these characters have dead parents yet for some reason Raven is willing to go way beyond the others to avenge them while other characters just simply grieve for a chapter and move on" so by adding the extra plot device of being engaged it makes it seem that he lost absolutely everything even new found yet non obtained love to the Ostian's, completely justifying his determined rage. It was a simple addition but it explained why he can't be paired as you can't easily move past such a traumatic event and it adds more layers to his grief and vengeance.

Besides those things though here are the extra characters I included:

Eagler: Who's now playable as there was no reason for him to die in the first place. He joins Lyn in taking down Lundgren under the smokescreen of his apparent death. His family was held by Lundgren to force him into fighting Lyn and this family he wants to get back to so bad happens to contain his son Treck. Either way after killing Lundgren he joins the personal guard of the Marquess of Caelin and can be recruited (He is a simple NPC in Lyn's tale against Lundgren) alongside Raven and Lucius in the Caelin cell if he survives the chapter. (His horse is killed in the fight with Lyn and he becomes a halberdier)

Leila: When Matthew sees her again in Caelin he gives her a necklace when he invites her to meet his family in Ostia. After this, on the Dread Isle Jaffar attacks Leila and stabs at her heart but the locket interferes with the blades path and it slightly misses her vitals. Jaffar knowing inside that he isn't a moral deprived monster allows her to live after hearing her utter the words "Matthew" and understands she is in love. Hector and co find her and she stays with Fargus to recover as Eliwood and his gang go into the depths of the dread isle. She is then playable on the next mission after Eliwood's father dies. (she keeps her custom class and comes with a poison sword and hp up robe to counteract her low health without affecting the fight event)

Tactician: He's just awesome and should have been a a character from the start. After the story I have something in there about him finding a portal to a place called Ylisse or something, guess that's why he isn't in Elibian Nights. (He has his own class that borrows the Monk animation yet when he promotes he uses the Dark Druid animation(I might change it to summoner later on) and has the bramimond class not to mention he uses Bramimonds portrait and Bramimond uses Teodor's portrait and the regular druid class, he joins in chapter 1)

Uther: He doesn't trust that his impulsive brother can find Athos on his own so he assists him on the journey knowing he will soon pass away and he craves one last adventure (he comes equipped with a Claymore whoop). In his absence Orun watches over Ostia. Almost immediately after Nergal's defeat he passes and Hector surpasses him. (He uses the sword half of Hector's great lord class and hector has been locked to only use axes to create some uniqueness, furthermore Hector has a new palette for his class colors and Uther uses the original Class colors furthering the unique aspect. he is recruitable in the level with Pent)

Fargus: After dropping the crew off at the dread isle he asks Eliwood if he needs help but in this reality Eliwood accepts the help and Fargus comes along and helps in the chapter with Renault (He is a beast and keeps all of his original stats and such)

Jan: He offers to help Nino and gain revenge against Nergal for the death of his old family, the original black fang. (He is a badass brigand that comes with lethality...it is truly amazing, he is recruitable after the chapter where Sonia kills Brendan)

Roland: He becomes a playable unit in spirit form (I'm still hoping I can find a way to make it where when you "use" Durandal so that he appears on the map almost like a phantom with the necromancer class but I understand thats currently not possible or its very difficult). Basically after retrieving Durandal he becomes a playable unit in his spectral form. He isnt there in physical presence but his ghost fights alongside you as a jacket hero class.(He is recruitable after entering the shrine and taking Durandal)

Natalie: Lyn waits until they take care of her leg (ya know instead of waiting 2 years to give Dorcas the money to fix it...how cruel) and she is so grateful that she joins the team, assisting with her past experience as the village cleric. (she is a cleric and is recruitable with Dorcas thankfully the next chapter has a healer tutorial lol)

Linus: After Linus' defeat he escapes but instead of Limstella finding him and absorbing his essence he finds his brother who had sensed something was up with the fang. He sees Linus' wounds but before Linus can explain that Eliwood isnt a criminal he passes out from the injuries and Lloyd swears revenge on eliwood. Linus is taken to a hidden shelter with the surviving fang (the one with the glass alt portrait, I forget his name and he might be playable in a later version). Lloyd then goes off in pursuit of Eliwood thinking he is a much more dangerous criminal than he believed. (Linus remains a hero but might use a custom class later on, I'm still not sure, he is recruitable in the chapter with renault)

Lloyd: After defeating him Eliwood spares his life which baffles Lloyd. Eliwood explains they are going to take down Nergal as he is the true enemy and not Lloyd whom he can tell is a good man at heart and Lloyd realizes who the real criminal was all along and what Linus was trying to tell him. He asks to aid Eliwood in avenging his father and Eliwood tells him and his brother to join him on the Dread Isle for the final battle. He then leaves to go find his brother and tell him what happened. (He is the classic Jacket swordmaster but I might change it to another custom class, preferably the Cloud Strife animation, he is recruitable alongside his brother in the level where you get renault)

These are all the characters I've done so far but I hope to do more or maybe remove some, I also added the ability to recruit Karel AND Harken, Geitz AND Wallace, Karla in Eliwoods tale and farina who is exclusive to Hector's tale into Eliwood's so that all characters can be obtained in one play through. I have alot of other changes story wise, gameplay wise, content wise etc as well but these are the main changes that I thought were worth mentioning.

The idea of a sort of "FE7DX"-type deal isn't necessarily a bad one, but a lot of the characters that have been added as recruitable seem to be somewhat poorly-chosen. Eagler and Jan are fine, since they're very minor characters. Fargus and Natalie also make sense, but I think maybe it'd be better to have Natalie's recruitment wait until Eliwood's/Hector's story. Maybe she'd be recruited by visiting the village Dorcas and Bartre come out of? She could have a special conversation with Dorcas or Bartre, or if it was someone else she could say something about how her husband's new friend just came and dragged him out of the house. You could even put the Dracoshield you normally get from that village in her starting inventory. It would probably take a while for the cure for her leg ailment to fully take effect even if she got it in Lyn's story, and it also wouldn't make sense for Lyn's party to stay put for so long at that point considering how time-sensitive their mission is. Additionally, (this reason is purely gameplay), you really don't need two healers for Lyn's story. Getting Natalie in Chapter 11E would contribute a new unit type to your team, so she would be more useful there. Of course, in Chapter 12H, her plus Serra still makes two Clerics joining in the same chapter, but it's what would make sense if she was among the units recruited in Chapter 11E.

I'm really sorta not feeling the whole making the Tactician a playable unit thing, though. They're kinda supposed to be largely unseen during the story, and I, at least, feel that directing the party in battle is a more-than-sufficient contribution to the effort. If they were to be playable, I would strongly recommend you make them a non-OP regular class (like a Mage or something), because Avatar/My Unit-type characters tend to end up way overpowered when given special gameplay treatment. If you must give them a unique custom class, either use custom animations for it (but only if you have the original spriter's explicit permission to do so), or take animations from another Fire Emblem game, but it's really meh to have what's supposed to be Nergal's personal animation be used for a different and completely unrelated character of a completely unrelated class in the same game.

Uther's still getting settled in as Marquess of the biggest and most prominent Lycian territory, do you really think he has time to go gallivanting around with his brother's cadre for a few months, even if they are on an important mission?

As for Leila, Lloyd and Linus, I'm actually rather strongly against having them be savable, because their deaths add a certain amount of dramatic impact to those parts of the story that would be greatly reduced, if not outright erased, if they were to survive. I realize that you like them and wish that they could have lived, but that's kind of the point. If they were just generic and unmemorable like a lot of the random bosses and other casualties in vanilla FE7, you wouldn't really care at all when they were killed. But because they are likable characters who aren't generic or boring and who have meaningful ties to other characters, even some in your party, you do care when they die. It makes you sad, because it's supposed to make you sad. It's one of the world's sad realities shown in the story, that not every good person gets a happy ending. What's more, two of these characters are killed by other, meaner villains, (you can sort of count Ephidel as being responsible for Leila's death, since he's the one who figures her out and essentially sentences her to death. Jaffar's just the executioner called in to do the dirty work), who you're supposed to hate.

Also... Lloyd getting a unique personal class...? Why...? None of the other Fangs have unique personal classes...

I'm not really seeing whatever it is you saw that caused you to believe the weapon names should be changed but I mean sure if you want go for it.

Also, wasn't Treck Ilian? It doesn't really make sense for him to be Eagler's son.

Of course, this is your project, so really you can do whatever you want, but those are my two cents, at least.

Edited by Starlight36

The idea of a sort of "FE7DX"-type deal isn't necessarily a bad one, but a lot of the characters that have been added as recruitable seem to be somewhat poorly-chosen. Eagler and Jan are fine, since they're very minor characters. Fargus and Natalie also make sense, but I think maybe it'd be better to have Natalie's recruitment wait until Eliwood's/Hector's story. Maybe she'd be recruited by visiting the village Dorcas and Bartre come out of? She could have a special conversation with Dorcas or Bartre, or if it was someone else she could say something about how her husband's new friend just came and dragged him out of the house. You could even put the Dracoshield you normally get from that village in her starting inventory. It would probably take a while for the cure for her leg ailment to fully take effect even if she got it in Lyn's story, and it also wouldn't make sense for Lyn's party to stay put for so long at that point considering how time-sensitive their mission is. Additionally, (this reason is purely gameplay), you really don't need two healers for Lyn's story. Getting Natalie in Chapter 11E would contribute a new unit type to your team, so she would be more useful there. Of course, in Chapter 12H, her plus Serra still makes two Clerics joining in the same chapter, but it's what would make sense if she was among the units recruited in Chapter 11E.

I'm really sorta not feeling the whole making the Tactician a playable unit thing, though. They're kinda supposed to be largely unseen during the story, and I, at least, feel that directing the party in battle is a more-than-sufficient contribution to the effort. If they were to be playable, I would strongly recommend you make them a non-OP regular class (like a Mage or something), because Avatar/My Unit-type characters tend to end up way overpowered when given special gameplay treatment. If you must give them a unique custom class, either use custom animations for it (but only if you have the original spriter's explicit permission to do so), or take animations from another Fire Emblem game, but it's really meh to have what's supposed to be Nergal's personal animation be used for a different and completely unrelated character of a completely unrelated class in the same game.

Uther's still getting settled in as Marquess of the biggest and most prominent Lycian territory, do you really think he has time to go gallivanting around with his brother's cadre for a few months, even if they are on an important mission?

As for Leila, Lloyd and Linus, I'm actually rather strongly against having them be savable, because their deaths add a certain amount of dramatic impact to those parts of the story that would be greatly reduced, if not outright erased, if they were to survive. I realize that you like them and wish that they could have lived, but that's kind of the point. If they were just generic and unmemorable like a lot of the random bosses and other casualties in vanilla FE7, you wouldn't really care at all when they were killed. But because they are likable characters who aren't generic or boring and who have meaningful ties to other characters, even some in your party, you do care when they die. It makes you sad, because it's supposed to make you sad. It's one of the world's sad realities shown in the story, that not every good person gets a happy ending. What's more, two of these characters are killed by other, meaner villains, (you can sort of count Ephidel as being responsible for Leila's death, since he's the one who figures her out and essentially sentences her to death. Jaffar's just the executioner called in to do the dirty work), who you're supposed to hate.

Also... Lloyd getting a unique personal class...? Why...? None of the other Fangs have unique personal classes...

I'm not really seeing whatever it is you saw that caused you to believe the weapon names should be changed but I mean sure if you want go for it.

Also, wasn't Treck Ilian? It doesn't really make sense for him to be Eagler's son.

Of course, this is your project, so really you can do whatever you want, but those are my two cents, at least.

So I had a full reply to this written out and while I was typing the last few sentences I accidentally hit the refresh key on my keyboard and lost it so I'm just going to try and summarize lol

So first off thank you so much for the feedback! I love improving this project to the best of it's abilities :)

I am hoping in my next addition to have a "choose your own adventure" version of my hack and a version that removes the ability to have any of these other farfetched characters from the game. The choose your own adventure has it where you choose to have these added characters in a hard decision based event. For example when you defeat Lloyd you can spare him or kill him and if you kill him you will receive the Regal Blade (or clarent) right away instead of at the endgame but you'll lose him as a charcter and because of this Limstella will find Linus and you'll lose him too. And Fargus will have to be purchased or hired for a lot of gold to have him come along unless Dart is dead in which case he'll join free of charge with vengeance in his heart. Uther will offer his help and if you reject it then he'll send a brand new character to aid you...a character with the war-monk custom class (woooooh but the character will join later regardless but having him earlier will help considering he'll come with a special weapon that he won't have otherwise). So you can carry on the original story or you can receive the new characters. It's up to you.....that is IF I figure out how to create these events.

Now for Natalie

yes I am going to remove her occurrence in Lyn's tale so she now is going to hop in the game in the second chapter of Eliwood's tale where you meet Hector. And I'm thinking about re classing her to troubadour because she's a valkyrie in Elibian Nights but...then you'd unlock two troubadours right next to eachother, so to fix that solution I was thinking about giving her the "sister" custom class which will promote to Valkyrie.

Now for tactician,

first off I HATE (Like you) him using the monk and dark druid animations, they are simply placeholders. My final design plan is to rip and import the hat less mage or pupil class anims for his un promoted and then the summoner or Necromancer class anims for his promoted, any thoughts? And next I do wish to keep him as he is alot about what the hacks about and I think he adds an awesome mix up to the game so it will feel like a new experience as much as possible. Thanks for the feedback though and based on your input I think I might make him playable ONLY if you start the game from Lyn's mode as she is the one who saves him and if you start with Eliwood then maybe an alternate universe occurs and she fails to save him? He does have existing data and an item for his character to hold in the date of the game so he was planned to be playable at one point so I don't feel too far off. And furthermore he definitely isn't overpowered. He does use Nergal's anim but definitely doesn't have his stats as he uses a custom class that has Nergal's anim but nothing else. I've worked VERY hard balancing his stats and making him a middle ground character. He has drastically low speed and low speed growths but high attack. He's more of a finishing character but if it helps to know, by the end game of my first test playthrough he only had 39 hp and could do 3 damage to Nergal with Forblaze (he has forblaze unlocked)

As for Uther,

He, in fe7x is irrational and very unreliable in governmental affairs as well as compulsive like his brother so to stay true to his character he is going to make a seemingly crazy decision as a fun little curve ball or not if you chose to leave him. If he makes the decision to travel with you though then his illness will be delayed in taking his life until after Nergal is defeated because he will no longer be cooped up on a throne and therefore his health will improve causing him to stave off his demise a short while. His delayed passing doesn't change the story almost at all so I think it's a fun addition. Furthermore though there IS no Lycia to rule over if Nergal isn't stopped so in the interest of defending his land he will help. Also Orun has lead a nation for a long while he surely can hold the fort while Uther is away.

Leila Lloyd and Linus are

all planned to be optional in the choose your adventure update if it passes the green light of do-ability. you can chose to tell Matthew to give her the necklace or not but if you don't give it to her then you'll receive it as an item which will boost a characters stats so its a very weighty decision what you want to do.

I was bored and felt like delving into hours of medieval/Europen weapon history for less boring names for the weapons I mean "Regal Blade" c'mon, every other legendary sword has a badass name from Nordic or Arthurian mythology so why not this one?

As for Treck here's the story:

Eagler retires after the defeat of Nergal and passes his position to Gaufrid (from Elibian Nights) and retires to Ilia with his family for a peaceful life where he has Treck. Lloyd will become the father of Rutger if he survives as he will retire and settle in Bern and Linus becomes the father of Wade if he survives. Lastly Leila will be the mother of Chad but will have to send him to an orphanage with Lucius due to the dangers of Leila and her husband (can be matthew) being hunted by those who are bounty hunting the famed survivor of the angel of death's wrath. And just for the hell of it if Priscilla is paired with Heath they have Milady and Zeiss.

As for Lloyd having a custom class

I am looking for one for Linus but with no luck considering his character art limits my possibilities. I am trying to find a way to make Jaffar unique but I can't find any alternate assassin animations to use and Ursula, I was considering ripping the female mage knight so she can have a unique class. My end goal is for all four fangs to have a unique class. Lloyd: cloud animation (Huge sword and a slow and heavy attack) Linus: Something...I'm not sure what. Ursula:Female mageknight. Jaffar: No idea...maybe I should make all thieves only able to promote to rogue so he is unique? (But then again Legault is an assassin in Elibian Nights...hmmm)

The thing about Jaffar that you might consider is that, as the first member of the class in the series, the "generic" Assassin animation is actually based on his design, so unless you get something made specifically for that purpose, you're unlikely to find an alternative sprite set that looks more like him than the original does.

I can kinda see where it has a certain coolness factor to it, but I'm still not sure about the Four Fangs having unique classes, considering that, historically in regards to the canon series, (visibly-)custom classes have been reserved for only characters of absolutely top-tier importance (the main character(s) and villain(s), mostly), and even then they don't always get them. (Gharnef is a good example, being just a regular Sorceror despite his arguable status as the real main antagonist (if not the final boss) of the Archanean saga. And even Medeus starts the final chapter as a normal Manakete in FE1/11 IIRC). I mean, I do understand from some of your other edits that you're not going for 100% consistency with the way the canon series does things (and that's just fine, there's nothing really wrong with that), but I'm just saying that it's worth noting that canon Fire Emblem games have used true custom classes very sparingly, and they often have a very good reason for being used where they are.

Edited by Starlight36

I'm currently working, very slowly on a personal project which I have yet to determine its length. All I have so far are a handful of characters, at 7 and a very rough idea on how the world map is going to look. The basic plot follows a former merchant who is dragged into becoming a personal body-guard for a spoiled, bratty duchess. Their country, Phynnis is going to war against another called Helino after recent events. The main character's mission is to protect her and not question her word. Despite her arrogant, bratty personality, she understands her duty more than she lets on. While this war occurs, the Duchess, named Montreux knows that it happened for reasons other than a minor dispute and decides to venture to Erde Glanz, a neighbouring country well known for their worldly knowledge and timeline of bringing together the countries of the world. The rest, well... I have yet to write. I'm aiming for something different yet similar to Radiant Dawn.

Whether I do this in FEXNA doesn't really matter. I intend on getting as much done as possible with hacking, then when FEXNA comes out, give it a shot and see if it's worth restarting my hack and putting it all into FEXNA.

This is the map I'm currently working on for the 1st part of the prologue. Thanks to MapCreator I could actually come out with something that leaves a lot to be desired. It still needs some tweaking here and there, but the general focus I went for here has been completed. I've used the terrain editor to figure how and where I'm going to place the main characters and enemies (The boss is sitting on the destroyed house, I forgot to add it in).

8c98d1ba84.png

Also, let me know if this is too large an image. If it is, I'll shrink it.

Edited by Runechan

The thing about Jaffar that you might consider is that, as the first member of the class in the series, the "generic" Assassin animation is actually based on his design, so unless you get something made specifically for that purpose, you're unlikely to find an alternative sprite set that looks more like him than the original does.

I can kinda see where it has a certain coolness factor to it, but I'm still not sure about the Four Fangs having unique classes, considering that, historically in regards to the canon series, (visibly-)custom classes have been reserved for only characters of absolutely top-tier importance (the main character(s) and villain(s), mostly), and even then they don't always get them. (Gharnef is a good example, being just a regular Sorceror despite his arguable status as the real main antagonist (if not the final boss) of the Archanean saga. And even Medeus starts the final chapter as a normal Manakete in FE1/11 IIRC). I mean, I do understand from some of your other edits that you're not going for 100% consistency with the way the canon series does things (and that's just fine, there's nothing really wrong with that), but I'm just saying that it's worth noting that canon Fire Emblem games have used true custom classes very sparingly, and they often have a very good reason for being used where they are.

Thanks that's a great suggestion :) yeah I'm sort of just messing around with a lot of ideas I have and then when they're incorporated I'll see what I do or don't like and remove, replace and add as I see fit. It's still in a very test heavy phase. Tell me about your hack though! Are you almost finished?

Thanks that's a great suggestion :) yeah I'm sort of just messing around with a lot of ideas I have and then when they're incorporated I'll see what I do or don't like and remove, replace and add as I see fit. It's still in a very test heavy phase. Tell me about your hack though! Are you almost finished?

Ah, yeah, just sorta playing with things until they slide into place in a way that you like is one way to go about it, certainly, hah~

And I actually made some huge posts about it a little further up on this very page, although you've probably seen those already.

Although... It's not actually a ROM hack. It was originally planned to be one, but then I read about FEXNA and that sounds like it'd be infinitely superior for what I wanted to do. For one thing, most everything that would otherwise have plagued content inclusion will likely not even exist anymore. Difficulties implementing a Str/Mag split in FEGBA... Limits on the number of recruitable characters, the number of classes, of items, especially of chapters, etc. not to mention how hard it'd be to edit things like the opening backstory montages and the class slideshows and such... Poof, gone! Or at least, made much more manageable. Basically, FEXNA is going to offer far more freedom even with just its innate functionality than any GBAFE game, so there's really no reason not to just wait for that to get released and spend this time on planning.

...tl;dr, no, I'm afraid it isn't almost finished, and there's unlikely to even be a demo of it until some time after FEXNA is released. I'm certainly working on it, though. I'm quite glad people are interested, though~

Edited by Starlight36

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently fleshing out ideas on a project that I'll likely start working on as soon as FEXNA hits the streets. The plan is to create a GBA-style prequel to FE9 / 10 that sheds light onto the past of certain characters that are important for both games but aren't actually seen or talked about a lot. The protagonists are going to be Ashnard, Zelgius and Greil / Gawain but other characters are going to be important as well.

[spoiler=Plot ideas]* The game is going to be divided into 3 different stories: Ashnard's Story, Zelgius' Story and Greil's Story.

* Ashnard's Story covers the PoR Villain's rise to power from a young, idealist prince of Daein into a mad king. He'll fight alongside the likes of Gawain, Zelgius, Petrine, Bryce and others.

* Beating Ashnard's Story unlocks Zelgius' Story.

* Zelgius' Story begins at the end of Ashnard's Story with Zelgius leaving Daein and joining Sephiran to become Begnion's #1 general. It also covers his role as a double agent via the Black Knight and deals with Lehran's plans in depth as well.

* Beating Zelgius' Story unlocks Greil's Story.

* Greil's Story starts when Gawain leaves Daein shortly before Ashnard is crowned and covers the death of Elena, Greil's friendship with Caineghis and the start of GM as well as the Fire Emblem itself.

* A number of characters from FE9 / 10 will be in this game as playable units, NPC units or enemy units. A couple of more and a couple of less subtle interconnections to FE9 and 10 are also planned.

* I'm not sure how many chapters each story should have. I want to have enough chapters to allow for good and plausible character development but I don't want the game to last for too long either so we'll have to see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about remaking Soul Calibur 3's Chronicles of the Sword in FE7 or FEXNA. I have the plot and characters and where they are in the plot worked out, now I just need to actually work on the game :V

For those who don't know what CotS is, it was a real-time strategy-ish mode in Soul Calibur 3; you control a small force of characters to attack bases and fight other characters.
To anyone who actually cared about that mode, the maps will at least be somewhat similar, except with a few gaiden chapters thrown in and also more recruitable characters because only getting to play with ~15 characters doesn't really work for FE.

Final game should be ~20 chapters long in total.

[spoiler=Plot rundown]There are three countries in this world; Grandall, Dalkia and Halteese. You play as a cadet in the Grandall army, and after graduating from the academy you become the tactician/commander of a unit.

-Prologue through Chapter 2 is the Cadet's time in the military academy.

-Chapter 3 is the prerequisite "bandits!!!!" chapter.

-Chapter 4-6 has Dalkia going to war with Grandall, so you have to fight them.

-Chapter 7-10 has the cadet and part of his army pulled out of Dalkia to fight Halteese, which also declares war on Grandall.

-Chapter 11-12 is you returning to Dalkia to finish the war that was started.

-----TIME SKIP (a few months i think, i forget how long it is in SC3)-----

-Chapter 13-15 has you, freshly reassigned from the army you've been commanding (so a whole new set of characters joins), dealing with a rebel army.

-Chapter 16-endgame is you becoming a part of the rebel army and taking down the emperor of Grandall.

I'm also starting work on the prologue map.

Edited by Jacoban

Thinking about remaking Soul Calibur 3's Chronicles of the Sword in FE7 or FEXNA. I have the plot and characters and where they are in the plot worked out, now I just need to actually work on the game :V

For those who don't know what CotS is, it was a real-time strategy-ish mode in Soul Calibur 3; you control a small force of characters to attack bases and fight other characters.

To anyone who actually cared about that mode, the maps will at least be somewhat similar, except with a few gaiden chapters thrown in and also more recruitable characters because only getting to play with ~15 characters doesn't really work for FE.

[spoiler=Plot rundown]There are three countries in this world; Grandall, Dalkia and Halteese. You play as a cadet in the Grandall army, and after graduating from the academy you become the tactician/commander of a unit.

-Chapter 7-10 has the cadet and part of his army pulled out of Dalkia to fight Halteese, which also declares war on Grandall.

-Chapter 13-15 has you, freshly reassigned from the army you've been commanding (so a whole new set of characters joins), dealing with a rebel army.

-Chapter 16-endgame is you becoming a part of the rebel army and taking down the emperor of Grandall.

Although I think it's cool someone thought of that, the only problem I see is that there were a lot of real-time events in that game, like destroying towers or reinforcing them. If you could find a way to work around it however, then go for it for sure.

Edited by Yui Hirasawa

I was thinking of making bases into a small indoor space, protected by a weak wall, with a throne inside. Not sure how reinforcing would work, though...I guess I need to think it through a bit more.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds a little tricky... but still neat. CotS was the best part of Soul Calibur 3 for me

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, that's a great idea. That was the reason I played this game this much x) Has long has every characters are in :) (some will need custom class though) If the Chapter 8 (when you have to save 3 characters to join you or more?) is as epic as it was, I'm totally with this haha. I look forward to this ;)

And for recruitable, i was curious so i look and..maybe character that was with Luna (maybe all of this group would be Sage and triangle attack ? :)) (along with his mother Mooncalf) or Kierkess (custom ? ^^) etc etc...But characters harder to recruit? :) Just an idea. Well I have more but hey, that's me being excited :p But I think you'll need Fexna, to incorporate new system to it (I wonder if all the map system with forts are reproductible or being able to form a group of characters..But if yes, this would be awesome haha)

Edited by Metakirby

• 1 month later...

I'm just starting a new project called Fire Emblem: The Iron Demon. I'm currently getting all the characters and the storyline written out before I start coding. It's a hack of Rekka no Ken (or Blazing Sword if you prefer... ya frickin' weirdo) that takes place about a year after Nergal's death. It will be divided into two "parts", like Lyn's story and Eliwood's story. The first part will take place on the island country of Sanshiro, where the main characters (Inigo, Conroy, and Serenity) learn of their purpose in the story and get it to take off. The second part will take place in good ol' Elibe, where the characters will be in pursuit of the main villain.

The hack will also have some class edits, such as the Briammond class being playable and obtaining an attacking Magic Seal, as well as a new class: Ninja, and its promotion, Shinobi. New weapons will also be available, such as the Kunai (a common 1-2 range sword, similar to the Hand Axe and the Javelin).

Now, I have a few things to ask of you:

1. What are your thoughts? If you're interested in helping me, send me a PM or contact me via e-mail.

2. Any advice before I get into developing the actual game?

3. Do you know any spriters that are willing to help me? Frankly, I suck at spriting. I mean, just look at my Avatar, the fedora is god awful /shot

• 1 month later...

I have have an idea,but I don't know whether I have the skills to do it.And to top it all of, I'm haven't played enough hacks,so I don't know whether this concept has been done or not. Well here goes...

The world's going to be a parallel universe of the one in Blazing Sword.The Scouring in this one did(technically) end in a victory for humanity,but the supposed "Eight Heroes" said to humanity's main benefactors in the war effort died sometime before the conclusion,and thus the lack of competent or just leaders at the time to maintain humanity's unity at the time cause many problems that currently manifest in the present.

[spoiler=History -- (Planned)]Before the Scouring, the continent was dominated by a single,High-tech civilization.With the cooperation of men and dragon,they were able to achieve feats neither could do alone.The dragons generally were the ones that could lead and hence maintained most positions in the government and maintained the empire's unity.Humans,while capable of performing intellectual endeavors,were mostly restricted to being part of the labor force,producing enough output to supply both resource demands for intellectual advancement and physiological demands of the populace.The capital was Arcadia,a place blessed with a plethora of resources,made habitable by the technology at the time,and hence,the most advanced part of the civilization.

Whenever the Scouring ended,The continent was in anarchy because of the nonexistent amount of just leaders able to lead and maintain the unity of humans on that continent.The few leaders who were capable generally quarreled with one another for power and influence,and those who also strived to restore humanity to the heights of pre-Scouring were outnumbered and outmatched.These types of leaders generally later on fled to Arcadia.

Interestingly enough,Arcadia didn't suffer nearly as much damage as other parts of the empire,and even was generally an area of peace in which some dragons also inhabited for a few decades.People from all over the empire who wished the conflicts that arose after the Scouring generally ended up migrating here,and the migrations eventually gave way to a new national identity called Arcadians.Because Humans and Dragons maintained friendship and weren't plagued by the anarchy that roamed other parts of the (former) kingdom, they maintained their level of sophistication.Unfortunately,peace was another thing altogether as the newly formed "nations" often sought to control the area for it's resources and losng-lost knowledge,with the subjugating "nation" experiencing a provisional Golden Age with it capture,temporarily giving it an advantage against the other "nations".This later causes a hostile ethnocentric and nationalistic attitude within the Arcadians, even going so far as to distinguish their bloodlines by interspecies mixing, causing the manaketes.

I'm not sure if I said too much, let alone if its good or not.

Edited by supnaplamQW

• 1 month later...

Despite not having any of my old data, I'm saving up to at least get my hard drive taken out and getting all the memory off of my old laptop to put on a terrabyte hard drive for me in an attempt to recover the past 8 years of my life I lost on that laptop XD

But anyways, regardless if it works out or not, I'm revamping FE: Bonds of Time. I always had the idea of what I wanted to do but never really could spell it out right but I finally decided upon how it will work.

[spoiler=Plot]

A little less than a century after the end of Blazing Sword, Elibe is for the most part, enjoying peace. Meanwhile, on the other side of the Dragon's Gate, Alabaster, King of the World Beyond the Gate, mysteriously has fallen ill according to his subordinates. Next thing they know, when he awakens he claims that they shall pledge war against humanity. With the aid of a mysterious hooded figure he is given unimaginable power to summon warriors throughout Elibe's history, and even some from lands unknown. He commands them to fight for him, though they refuse. In retaliation, he sends the dragons upon them, causing a huge war between the revived heroes (and villains) and Alabaster's Divine Dragon army. This strange phenomenon worries Naga, the Dragon Goddess, and she opens the gate and sends a messenger to Arcadia to warn those who will listen. Sophia, Matriarch of Arcadia, then sends envoys of her own to the separate nations of Elibe to ask for their assistance and cooperation in the times ahead. As one would expect, they are all skeptical. All except Bern, who's history with dragons and the Dragon's Gate itself, dates back years. Suddenly however, Elibe loses their neutral position when the Dragon Gate opens, and War Dragons pour out into Elibe. Though it takes time, Elibe unites and defeats the threat, but Sophia, appearing before the United Elibe, claims it is only the beginning, as it was but a fraction of the force that awaits them beyond the gate.

Flash back to within the gate. It's been more than a month since the revived heroes' resistance against the Dragon King. Many warriors have already fallen prey to the Dragon King, either being imprisoned or forced into servitude for him. Few forces remain to stop him.

Back in Elibe, now united under one banner, the newly formed United Elibian Federation Army (UEFA) plans it's assault on the Dragon's Gate and the mysterious world beyond.

What is planned:

- 4 (hopefully) different playable factions, each with their own storyline and characters. Though the paths with cross, you will never control more than one faction at once. The factions are, (FE6), (FE7), (FE8), and (UEFA), with each faction being led by a character from the pre-described timeline, though characters from all of them will be included in each faction, (ex. Seth and Marcus would be allies)

- Short-medium storylines per faction.

- Around 48 (ideally) playable characters

- Classes from all three gba games, with some characters from previous games being reclassed.

- Interactions between characters who would never meet chronologically

- Characters who were previously only mentioned in FE lore as playable characters

- Flushed out background story for just about each character, for why they fight for who they fight for

- Play as both heroes and villains from the fire emblem universe

- With Naga's Divine Blessing, some characters now have a new outlook on life, new aspirations, etc.

- Totally new concept of what truly lies beyond the Dragon's Gate.

So yep. Now...just to get motivated to possibly restart EVERYTHING from scratch. Again.

Edited by Ziose0

Well, since around two years ago, when I started hacking, I've had an idea about three teenagers, all of which orphans, who get abducted by the king and queen of their country, Angeria, and after three years, escape into the real world. The story, so far, isn't going to have that many characters, but that may change depending on how many people decide to join the team. So far, I'm up to chapter 3 in terms of eventing, and have most of the characters done for Matt's story (Lyn Mode, which the main lord is Alex xD) so now all that's left is to start working on bosses and shit

• 1 month later...

Currently I'm just working on a enhanced FE8 rebalance with new classes and some extra characters and supports and such. I'm still so new I'm trying to figure out how to add renforcements. Eventually I'd like to eliminate the split and round out the cast with some monster units (good doggy, hungry skeleton, ect.)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently working on a major update to Micro Emblem. It should be ready soon enough.

In the meantime, this is another thing I'm working on, and making pretty good progress:

xmWkOtz.png

Yeah, all I'm showing so far is the title screen, but actually the programming is almost complete, and the assets are mostly in too.

Also, I can think of at least one bit of information about the game which you can deduce from this screenshot. (No, it's not the game's title.)