(FE12) (Discussion) Drag Queens, Unite

EdeaCreamer

spg8.png

It's a really minor thing, but I was so happy about this that I wanted to share it with you. I finally managed to get rid of all the sexist items; my male Avatar mage can use Nosferatu at last, and Linde/Katarina can use Excalibur, etc. Also, I was able to make properly functioning 'unbreakable' weapons (see the Starlight tome I hacked in there), and I've managed to change some of the item description text successfully.

Normally this isn't worth a thread, but there's so little material on FE12 around here I didn't have anywhere else to put this. Also, I have all the item data available if anyone wants the Excel sheet for it, it looks like you can make weapons cast other spells by changing one of the bytes to '04' and then inserting the pointer for the graphics near the end of the data section for the given weapon, but I haven't tried that yet.

Right now I'm looking for the shop data so I can make some of the more interesting items available for purchase (like Swarm, Glower, etc.). If anyone knows where that is in the decompressed contents of the game, lemme know.

Nice, good to see another DS hacker.

Annoyingly I can't view your image at the moment, but from the looks of things, you seem to be doing fine.

BTW, if you add pointers, you need to add a pointer to it near the bottom of the file or the game won't recognise it (or was that in FE9/10?).

Shop data's found in the bmapXXX_ter.cmb files in the script directory. If you see the label "goods" and various IID_ labels, you're looking at a shop.

I may have wrote a short guide on rewriting shop data... Aha, here it is (it's for FE11 but I figure the format's about the same).

Excellent, thanks for that. I would never have found that, most likely @ the shops.

EDIT: The iids you need to use don't always match the names given by the translators (for example, Imhullu's is "iid_mafu", not "iid_imhullu"), so I went ahead and just attached the list to this post if anyone else's messing around with this.

EDIT 2: I'm pretty sure strikethrough means sarcasm (in which case lulz), but you can edit Wendell's growths right now. I'll attach his cypher as a .txt file; '58 71 66 67 7C 75 7A 8B' gives him 100% in all eight stats.

EDIT 3: What's the best program to use for expanding the .cmb files? I'm aware it's not a difficult process at all, but I'd rather have something automate the process for me so I don't $%^# it up.

ItemIIDs.txt

wendellcyphers.txt

Edited by EdeaCreamer

I use plain old Windhex32 to expand files : P

Also good job with the cipher table for Wendell; I wouldn't want to make one for all 80 or so characters though!

But I guess that's where spreadsheets come in handy..

It wasn't THAT bad making all of them, Excel's a powerful tool. If you want any of 'em, just lemme know. Right now I'm using Avatar as a Dark Mage with Nosferatu and Glower, it's totally metal.