Changing the DS games for the better!

PKL

DS  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Warp or no warp or something else?

• Warp the Warp staff out of the game (take it out its OP)
    • Warp on Marth causes Marth and the warper to warp to a random spot instead
    • Warp ends the warped unit's turn immediately.
    • Warp only has 1 use.
    • Warp range nerfed to 1/2 the user's Mag stat.
    • Warp is available much later in the game.
    • I like managing warp uses (for dondon only)

no opinions on abel

if rody is supposed to fit the faster cavalier archetype, he should not have worse or equal bases compared to luke in every single stat but luk. he needs a +2 spd base at minimum, but he also loses 1 def to luke, so this should be compensated for with either +1 HP or +1 res.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no opinions on abel

if rody is supposed to fit the faster cavalier archetype, he should not have worse or equal bases compared to luke in every single stat but luk. he needs a +2 spd base at minimum, but he also loses 1 def to luke, so this should be compensated for with either +1 HP or +1 res.

Agreed on Rody. Although +1 res really wouldn't do anything :P

I think Abel is fine as is personally. He's not too good or too bad I find.

Abel's fine, Rody just needs minor stat adjustments. Also, I really wish there was a Male non-promoted flyer in FE12 (Wyvern Rider?). I mean they got rid of the Ballisticians, clearly they can change stuff.

Abel - Why would you want to change him?

Rody - A tiny bit more base HP to compensate for his lower starting Defense.

Edited by eclipse

Abel, he's pretty much fine as he's currently now. IF a change is to be made, +1 base HP or Skill/Spd, I think.

Rody, he needs quite a lot of buffs to differentiate from Luke. To me, at least +1 base HP and +3 base Spd.

Abel, he's pretty much fine as he's currently now. IF a change is to be made, +1 base HP or Skill/Spd, I think.

Rody, he needs quite a lot of buffs to differentiate from Luke. To me, at least +1 base HP and +3 base Spd.

I emphasis the part which I like the most

So, Abel is fine and Rody needs some spd to be the faster cavalier and have something over Luke.

Day 4: Cain and Cecille

Cain has Sword rank unlike Abel, so he can grab a Steel Sword and do some nice damage with it. Not having Javelin access can be a bit crippling, but he makes up for it by having faster C swords for armorslayer. He can have more issues than Abel getting to the neccesary spd to double due to a lower base spd. I say he's solid and probably doesn't need any tweaking though, honestly.

Cecille is the third cavalier in FE12. Being a female grants her access to Pegasus Knight and Falcoknight classes. Having a D sword rank, access to Lady Sword and a decent spd base makes her actually pretty nice. The only problem I find she has, is that in the higher difficulties, her durability is pretty borderline and that in the case of LTC, she joins at a point in Prologue where you don't really want to deploy her. So she ends up not getting much exp in the Prologue.

Cain is just fine.

Cecilles base spd is fairly low in comparison to Luke(and he has better bases than her on overall and can get some levels until prologue 6.) and getting OHKOed in chapter 1 is a shame, it doesn´t happen afterwards though. Giving her one point of HP, Spd and Def would be enough for me.

Cain is fine. It's the later cavaliers that need some help.

As for Cecile... Luke and Rody got buffed. Cecil gets -2 defense, -1 Str and a lot less availability. Yeah...

I would like to restore her status in FE3 as the initially most powerful of the three rookies, who falls back later due to her weaker durability growth.

So for one thing, she would get her old stats back. Which means +1 Str and +2 Def. She also gets two levels to make up for her later join time. And she will start with D rank in both Swords and Lances.

And she gets +15 % for her strength growth to keep her offense steady. This would be evened out with a lower HP and Def growth.

I personally think +2 spd base and +1 def base is all she needs really. The spd would get her going quicker and would help make her stand out even more from the other 2. I feel like her base level is fine, as I usually only get Luke to Level 4 by the time she joins and she joins at Level 3. Can I move to the next unit in FE11? Cain Abel and Frey are just fine.

Cecil being nerfed from her FE3 bases while everyone else got buffed was one of the most bone headed moves made by IS when it came to balancing FE12.

Cecille had better strength and defence and could use silver lances at base in fe3

Yeah, for the record not referring to being able to use Silver Lances at base, that was just a symptom of FE3 having really wonky ass weapon levels.

Not really, now that Luke and Rody have better availability and now, base stats (well, Luke does), Cecille is kind of SOL.

EDIT She had 7Str/7Skl/8Spd/7Def for reference. But if you were talking about the Silver Lances, then yeah totally.

Edited by Refa

She's a great unit still. So i dont see whats the problem. She has Lady Sword and Falcoknight all to herself. I'd say she's defo better than Rody. Well, Vanilla Rody anyway.

Edited by PKL