Choose You're Own Role Mafia Sign-Ups

Prims

Rules:

- I'm the mod and my word is final. Don't do anything that you expect will annoy me, even if it's not in the rules. This includes looking for loopholes.

- No Outside Contact, keep the talking to the game thread unless your role allows otherwise.

- Don't directly intefere with the game if you're dead or not playing - if you're going to talk to other players or post in-thread I expect everything you say to have no game relevance whatsoever. Also, do not talk about the game to other players (dead or living) while deceased unless both of you have received a link to the graveyard quicktopic. The graveyard will contain a list of players who have access to it in the OP.

- Don't directly quote communications with the mod unless given permission. This includes your Role PM.

- Going 24 hours without a post nets you a prod. Going 48 hours without a post or receiving too many prods is likely to result in a modkill.

- Don't screenshot things.

- Don't use Special Snowflake Fonts or Text Colors.

- Don't edit your posts.

- Don't post after hammer.

- If you get yourself modkilled, you lose the game and your alignment may be subject to further punishment to circumvent any advantage your death could result in.

- Have good integrity. This includes not being a dick.

- Play to win.

Mechanics:

- Night 0 start, killing actions may not be used during this time. Players may not speak at night unless their role allows otherwise.

- 72 hour days, 24 hour nights.

- 18 PLAYERS AND ABOVE: Player with most votes will be lynched at deadline, so long as their number of votes is equal to at least a third of the living players (rounded down). A day ending with no player at the required amount of votes for a lynch or with two players at the same amount of votes results in a failed lynch.

- 17 PLAYERS AND BELOW: No Majority (half living players rounded down + 1) = Failed Lynch

- A failed lynch results in a No Lynch the first time, and a universal loss the second.

- You will be told whether your action failed or not, but not what caused it to fail (as a general note, this accounts for stuff like roleblocker / safeguard / etc., a kill attempt that failed because the target was doc'd will still be considered successful)

- Killing roles get infinite no-kills

- You will be told if your action was redirected

- LYLO and MYLO will be announced. Whether a loss is potential or guaranteed will not be.

Set-up Info:

- All players are on the player list.

- All players have at least one role-based ability.

- Players may request that anonymous day actions be used at a specific time in advance for whatever reason (not wanting to be caught on the online list, not being available when they need to use it, etc).

- No roles in this game have random properties; if something seems like it can not be controlled by its user then it has pre-set conditions for its effect.

- Cardflips will contain a pretty picture, player name, character name, alignment & role name and phase of death. Cardflips will also never lie to you. However, roles won't always be traditionally identifiable from role name - somebody could flip Town Doctor when they're more accurately a town macho 3-shot day doctor whose protection lasts until the end of the following night.

- You can only use one active ability per night unless the circumstances allow otherwise.

- If your role PM doesn't say you can self-target, you can't.

- There are no Jesters in this game.

- All cop investigations can be assumed sane.

- Roles =/= alignment. Play the set-up as if it were unbreakable.

Sign-ups: (21/21)

- bearclaw

- BigBangMeteor

- Bluedoom

- Boron

- eclipse

- Grassbridget

- j00

- Kay

- kirsche

- NekoRex

- Objection

- Paperblade

- Proto

- Refa

- Reinfleche

- Rocker64

- SB

- scurry

- Shinori

- Strege

Subs:

- Elieson

People Who Have Complained About The Game's Title (your dumb):

- Bard

- Grassbridger

- Lucina

- j00

- Not Boron

Important Information:

This is a Choose Your Own Role game. When a player signs up, they should PM me the character/person/object/thing/whatever they want their flavor role to be. I will then base their abilities off of that. I don't recommend making your flavor character a Mafia role, because that's boring and I'll give you something stupid and unrelated instead. If you join as a character I'm familiar with then your flavor will probably be better (read: not hastily modified Piplup flavor), but this is a Prims game anyway so flavor will be stretched as I see fit. Abilities will be decided after I RNG your alignment, so what character you pick will have nothing to do with whether you're town or mafia.

I'll be accepting a minimum of 19 players, with 21 as The Ideal. I probably won't go much higher than 23, but feel to sign up anyway if you want to. If I have too many players then I'll probably RNG the playerlist.

Start-wise, I'm still sort of grounded, but I don't think it'll last long enough that I won't be able to host this. Either way I'll need time to prepare the set-up and modify it from the draft based on peoples' choices, so I think it's a good idea to start sign-ups now. If somebody wants to host a 9p filler game in the meantime then be my guest.

Edited by Professional Mafia Player

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should /in because obviously I need to destroy refa for not being lynched last game over me.

BUT

I've done enough emotional damage to him. So I'll just /Eliesub

If somebody wants to host a 9p filler game in the meantime then be my guest.

did someone say... filler game?

I can run mine and knock it off from the small queue (which was only put on because i was impatient)

(edit: last resort sub for this game btw)

Edited by Manix

If I were eclipse I would modkill you for this.

also get an avatar that isn't shit

Nah, everything Eclipse does is fine but the game is so dead...

I've been planning to get rid of this one eventually for a while actually. Haven't found one I like yet.