Lunatic Low Turns Video Playthrough (finished in 150 turns)

Next playthrough  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather see next?

• H3 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Record break

It's here...the end of the playthrough.

It's been a very fun playthrough.

I'm very happy with my final turncount. I feel like I couldn't have gotten a better turncount anywhere except maybe in Prologue 4 or Prologue 5 with misses and crits, but that's lame.

I sold pretty much everything left including Brave Weapons so that I could afford 2 Lunatic statbooster Arms Scrolls for Marth and Ryan.

My Linde is actually kinda spd screwed so I'm glad that I had a leftover Rainbow Potion use.

I'm sure the credit's unit kills will shock a few :P

3:02 2nd Ryan 139 Battles 95 W

3:40 Catria 78 Battles 52 W

4:07 Linde 74 Battles 48 W

4:16 Palla 76 Battles 54 W

5:02 Sirius 43 Battles 26 W

5:19 Caeda 63 Battles 47 W

9:03 Xane 22 Battles 11 W

11:00 1st Badass 206 Battles 118 W

11:13 3rd Marth 76 Battle 55 W

I was expecting Avatar as first and Ryan as second. It's pretty obvious, they are both Prologue units and they did a bunch of things to save turns during the playthrough. What shocks me is the third. Wasn't really expecting Marth to beat Palla in kills.

Hope y'all enjoyed watching the playthrough as much as I enjoyed playing it!

[spoiler=Unit Analysis]

Marth_zps247fdcb6.png

Ah, Marth. A capable but not broken lord. He has to be spoonfed kills in LTC on the way to the throne which can upset newer players though. But I find that as you get better at the game, one starts to notice more and more ways to feed him kills. He was spd blessed for awhile thanks to Growth Drop actually. I used an Energy Drop on him so he could cap str, it makes fighting Medeus much easier and lenient. The early Seraph Robe opened up ways to get him exp. The Arms Scroll at the end increased his damage to Medeus from 23 to 24, which is actually quite significant.

Badass_zps0c544e4c.png

Holy crap. Such an improvement from my other run's female Avatar haha. This guy made a bunch of strats possible thanks to his bulk. Of course, said bulk was mostly the work of Lunatic statboosters. I gave him an early Seraph Robe so that he could tank some dracoknights and well, it was a great investment mid and longterm too, as it greatly enhanced his defensive capabilities. I gave him 2 Dracoshields in C4 for the 5 turn strat and it also came in handy longterm. I gave him an Arms Scroll in Axes because I thought I would need Hauteclere Dracoknight for Hardin. It turned out I didn't but it's not like it was a run ending statbooster placement. It actually came in handy for improving the C21 reliability because Xane could use Hauteclere when copying him. I had to use an Arms Scroll on his Lances so that he could wield Gradivus in C20x and 21, this was crucial for those strats.

Ryan_zpsdf8cc5f8.png

I honestly think he's one of the craziest units in the game. Well worth the speedwings investment. Due to his superior Bow rank and better Prologue, I find he has less issues getting exp than the other Horsemen in the game. Luke Rody Draug etc need Arms Scrolls on their Bow rank while Ryan doesn't, so those Arms Scrolls can instead go to his Sword rank for Wyrmslayer (and later Master Sword) access, which opens up even more opportunities in the dragon chapters to get him exp. I used an early Speedwings so he could get going faster by doubling some enemies. This also made it possible to skip a Bow forge entirely by having a Hunter that could double C3 Dracoknights. The second wing was given in C9 because I knew it was a great longterm investment and it saved a Rainbow Potion use for the chapter. The 2 Arms Scrolls I gave to him were given to him as a Swordmaster, this gives him A Swords as a Swordmaster, which is a lot more than if i gave them to him as a Horseman. This puts him real close to getting Master Sword and Brave Sword access too. Brave Sword as a Horseman being extremely valuable for C21. I gave him the Bond Drop because Avatar honestly doesn't need it, he's already OP. I'd rather give it to a unit that can benefit from it early and it actually improved the reliability of some clears. I honestly think ideal Bond Drop recipients should be Marth or the Horsemen being used. Finally, I gave him an Arms Scroll for Mercurius in endgame as Mercurius is powerful enough to deal the rest of the damage after Marth is done, unlike Parthia.

Malicia_zpsc328152b.png

And the award for most screwed unit in the playthrough goes to....Malicia! Just wow, dat 50 mag growth never quite kicked in, did it? At least she recovered enough most of the time. Extremely disappointed at her in the stats department. But good thing she doesn't need stats to do her most important thing, right? The run would be pretty slow without her Hammerne, Again and Fortify.

Catria_zps38a44891.png

Damn, she's a pretty good unit in midgame to lategame isn't she? Underwhelming C2 to C11 aside, she's pretty good. Most of it has to do with her being ideal as a Falcoknight. Palla vs Catria IS still close, but Palla still has the edge. One has to remember that in runs where the Avatar turns out underwhelming, Palla IS the Avatar in those runs. Being able to pull most of the Dracoknight tanking strats Avatar does with Lunatic statboosters. Catria is a very very good unit too though. Gave her an Energy Drop for obvious reasons. The 2 Goddess Icons I gave her in Chapter 19 made the strat safer as it gave her enough Lck to make using Devil Sword reasonable and also gave her enough Lck to combat Killer Axe Warriors well. The Dracoshield I gave her in Chapter 23 allowed her to withstand a Fire Dragon and a Mage Dragon after a Pure Water or Barrier boost. She was actually quite average or screwed until she promoted. Then she became good.

Linde_zpsd6389040.png

Well, I guess she was worth the Seraph Robe after all. Honestly a pretty good unit with a Levin Sword or a Nosferatu in hand. Her magic IS as worrisome as I feared though. Needing 6 Spirit Dusts to combat Gharnef properly and 5 Spirit Dusts to use a Levin Sword properly in C20 and C20x. She's still worth the investment though, as she's the most reasonable Gharnef killer in LTC (just look at that Malicia will you?). And Nosferatu comes in handy here and there. Was actually above her average mag for the longest time. Though I think she got skl spd screwed later on.

Palla_zps7e65d519.png

The Goddess herself wasn't so godlike this playthrough. A lot of it has to with my Avatar though. Still was a second Avatar for the longest time. Incredibly handy until like Chapter 15. Such a good unit. Her lck is actually a bit troublesome depending on her levels in lategame, but it can be a blessing too, as having low enough lck can make enemies prioritize her, making her serve as a great baiter. And the critrates aren't bad enough to not risk the enemy baits. I gave her only one Speedwing now that I think about it.

Sirius_zps958bf582.png

As overrated as I initially told y'all. Honestly, go a bit faster than usual and he just can't keep up. The experience is better fed elsewhere. He was relegated to miscellaneous, random tasks after Chapter 14. Not having the stats to actually do much of anything. I spent a Seraph Robe, an energy drop and a speedwing thinking I could keep him as a good unit but it just didn't happen. Still, some of those silly lategame tasks proved to be actually important. He was lame enough to get targetted by everything but not bad enough that I wouldn't deploy him I guess.

Feena_zpsbf390620.png

I'm wondering if the ones that voted for Feena in the poll realize it's impossible to kill Medeus with Feena or not...lol. It's still hilarious that she got votes though :P. As for my analysis of Feena...well, she's a dancer and dancers rule.

Caeda_zps295b4656.png

Lol, oops I kept Caeda as a Sage for this pic. She was ridiculous in Prologue, still pretty awesome for the rest of the game. Her midgame was actually nice because effective weapons don't care about your strength and she proved to be quite vital to some clears like C18 and C20 with her Wing Spear. Better than Sirius by a lot imo. I gave her a Seraph Robe for the Chapter 17 strat to work.

Etzel_zpscedd81dd.png

Made a bunch of strats possible. Never quite reached Again because I didn't concentrate on that, but it is actually extremely doable.

Xane_zps08d4cf08.png

Xane is so good it's not even funny. Can copy your best unit in every chapter. I mean, come on. And then there are people that think his position in my tier list is unjustified lol...

~This run has been completed in 150 turns~

now do it on lunatic reverse

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now do it on lunatic reverse

That will come eventually :).

haha the MinervAAAAA forge is the best

congrats, i'll have to rewatch it from the start sometime.

Yeah that forge was the best haha.

Congratulations! I like the unit analysis at the end, and I never would've thought of giving Linde a sword.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed my unit analysis. I always like doing unit analysis, even in draft playthroughs :)

Someone give this man a cookie.

Congrats!

Thank you very much :)

This run finishes earlier than mine because its turn count is so low

Grats man

Go finish yours.

now i need to see how to beat your turncount.

anyways, congratulations. 150 turns seems crazy.

Well, 148 turns is "possible" with ridiculous prologue dodging and crits or Mercenary Avatar (requiring those too)

very good job PKL

Thanks dondon :)

• 4 weeks later...

What would everyone rather see? The playthrough I had planned to do before I finished this: H3 or H4 Mid Tiers and below only no DLC items no Loony boosters no mixed male class sets or the record break first?

EDIT: By Mid Tiers only, I mean every character from the High Tier and Top Tier of my current no DLC items Tier List (I have a non-public version that's more complete but would rather wait to post it til I've played through the game again) would be banned if its the no DLC items option. If its the DLC items option, the tier list that I would use is the one currently in the OP of my Tier List thread

EDIT 2: This is the tier list thread: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=43004&page=1

Since I can't really completely ban the Avatar in either playthrough type, I would go Archer in the Prologue and have to bench/stay Archer afterwards. I also would use Feena despite her Top Tier status.

Malicia, Palla, Catira, Caeda, Xane, Etzel, Sirius, Luke, Ryan, Rody, Draug and Linde would be completely banned from play in the Mid Tiers run with DLC mixed class sets and boosters allowed.

Malicia, Palla, Catria, Caeda, Xane, Etzel, Sirius, Luke, Draug, Rody would be the ones banned from play in the Mid Tiers run without DLC mixed class sets and boosters allowed.

Edited by PKL

The only thing about banning all High/Top Tier units is it doesn't give you much to work with in the earlier chapters.

Archer Avatar will carry the team, it's sad.

H3 Mid Tiers with no DLC, mixed class sets or Lunatic boosters won! I'll start on Monday, hype! One last question though: LTC or not to LTC?

Today I found out all my FE12 have everything unlocked. Welp. I'll just play on my most recent save but I'll ignore the mixed male class set classes, DLC and cant buy boosters.