Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I should do some more write-ups then (Zerkers/Generals next?) and maybe finally play a Fates game myself? If you're okay with hosting, Horace.

FE4 LA didn't seem very playable when people played a couple of games of that iirc. FE5 was pretty fun with all the hax however. 

I might give a shot to v. Quint (though Jedi and I have a match in the works).

@General Horace @Espinosa @Quintessence @Carmine Sword @Jedi @Refa

Question: Given that Heroes is coming out, I did a bit of experimentation with what's already know and came up with a rather simple battle method for an arena sim for Heroes, using three things:

• A System that adjusts base stats by "Rarity" aka Star aka Astra value
  • A Never-miss battle calc that accommodates for the omission of accuracy with ramped up Defensive parameters
  • Cost-based unit improvements

I could see a super basic team build setup for Heroes battles running on setups of things like full maxes (which aren't known yet), and an auction-style method of theorycrafting (kinda like the auction drafts). Given what's known about heroes before Feb 2, what would you consider for a Heroes meta, if you'd consider it at all?

Edited by Elieson

Capped stats sounds like a good start to me, we'll need to know max level, max stats per characters, which characters are able to reach 5*, etc. I bring this concern because in PotK some 1* characters can reach up to 3*, while 3* base units are able to reach 5*. Other units have base 4* so idk. We'll need to see how does it work.

Though, in a more practical sense, I think going for real multiplayer in the app would be cool as well.as theorycrafting through 100+ units would be quite a pain, as mobile game resources are quite scarce, afaik.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Capped stats sounds like a good start to me, we'll need to know max level, max stats per characters, which characters are able to reach 5*, etc. I bring this concern because in PotK some 1* characters can reach up to 3*, while 3* base units are able to reach 5*. Other units have base 4* so idk. We'll need to see how does it work.

Though, in a more practical sense, I think going for real multiplayer in the app would be cool as well.as theorycrafting through 100+ units would be quite a pain, as mobile game resources are quite scarce, afaik.

It shouldn't be hard to do on a simple front, since Mobile games are tailored to letting people play v eachother easily (vs Fates arena, which is a mishmosh). Accordign to the direct, ppl can max their unit stars with more usage, so IDK how that works. TBH i expect dataminers to figure this stuff out insanely fast, since breaking into .APKs only requires a USB cable and a phone to plug into the PC. I've even done it a few times, and the data is far easier to interpret than console-based games.

27 minutes ago, Elieson said:

It shouldn't be hard to do on a simple front, since Mobile games are tailored to letting people play v eachother easily (vs Fates arena, which is a mishmosh). Accordign to the direct, ppl can max their unit stars with more usage, so IDK how that works. TBH i expect dataminers to figure this stuff out insanely fast, since breaking into .APKs only requires a USB cable and a phone to plug into the PC. I've even done it a few times, and the data is far easier to interpret than console-based games.

Hmm ok. Btw, are mobile games object of datamining? I thought data miners were dedicated to pc and console games, and thought mobile games weren't worth it.

Hmm ok. Btw, are mobile games object of datamining? I thought data miners were dedicated to pc and console games, and thought mobile games weren't worth it.

Well, people enjoy gathering artwork at the very least. Ppl datamined Pkmn GO to make their own varients of the game for some VR apps a few months back. It takes some effort to reverse engineer what's in there, but it's not nearly as complicated as building a homebrew system to datamine a 3DS game, for instance. 

Ah cool, you could do the job. It would be appreciated. I won't have the app until it releases on Colombia.

The customer support told me the dev team is working hard to make Heroes globally available. And I should be patient! NOEZ

= EDIT =

Member badges are back YAY

Edited by Quintessence

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Ah cool, you could do the job. It would be appreciated. I won't have the app until it releases on Colombia.

The customer support told me the dev team is working hard to make Heroes globally available. And I should be patient! NOEZ

= EDIT =

Member badges are back YAY

If I can figure out how it's built, I could probably rip the artwork and music (nothing more though, I'm not that confident in my skills). I might be able to figure out where battle formulas are, but not how to interpret them.

Also 

3c91100e7d.png

PROGRASS

Thanks Horace! Anybody up to face me in a Fates parents LA, the same rules as before? I could get started on the team anytime.

I'm really not sure what we can do with Heroes LA since we know so little about the game... It could be potentially fun, and maybe RNG-free? I'm not sure if skills always proc just like attacks never miss. 

2 hours ago, Espinosa said:

Thanks Horace! Anybody up to face me in a Fates parents LA, the same rules as before? I could get started on the team anytime.

I'm really not sure what we can do with Heroes LA since we know so little about the game... It could be potentially fun, and maybe RNG-free? I'm not sure if skills always proc just like attacks never miss. 

Chances are Specials are either auto proc when cooldown resets or become command skills. I think it'd be pretty simple to figure out.

@Quintessence Change your Allegiance, and it'll fix your Badge.

It looks like many of the skills are Passive, which is convenient. Mostly Weapons based skills anyway. Also it looks like units have actual bases, at each Star level, which makes calculations easy. Max Stats though, that's a mystery

*edit; Badges issue resolved

Edited by Elieson

14 minutes ago, Elieson said:

@Quintessence Change your Allegiance, and it'll fix your Badge.

It looks like many of the skills are Passive, which is convenient. Mostly Weapons based skills anyway. Also it looks like units have actual bases, at each Star level, which makes calculations easy. Max Stats though, that's a mystery

Screw allegiances, the only one I would remotely fight for, or work for, would be Fortuna.

Lon'qu has a Speed+1 Passive Skill as well. Btw, I wonder what the max lvs will be. If we assume 3*s level cap is 20, 4*s 30 and 5*s 40, what will the cap be for 1* and 2*s?

Screw allegiances, the only one I would remotely fight for, or work for, would be Fortuna.

Lon'qu has a Speed+1 Passive Skill as well. Btw, I wonder what the max lvs will be. If we assume 3*s level cap is 20, 4*s 30 and 5*s 40, what will the cap be for 1* and 2*s?

Basic 20s across the board, ala FE6-7-8 for Tier 1 units of course (nah, idk, but it toadally makes sense to have that).

Just now, Quintessence said:

But lv. 10 for 1* and 15 for 2* would be imo pretty low.

Yea. IDK really. Maybe just like +2*Astral Level, functioning like AllStats+2 or stuff? I have no legit guesses rn

• 1 month later...

Been procrastinating on doing anything because of the forum change, but I just noticed all the html has been fixed, excepting the spoiler tags which would need to be replaced with something else. I think this might be the right time to return to this.