What about a Multiple Battle (2vs2) Tournament? ;)

Alfred Kamon

Serenes 2v2 Tournament  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a Multiple Battle (2vs2 players) tournament?

• Yes, so cool!
    • No.
    • I don't care.
  2. 2. If you answered "yes" to the previous, how do you think the couples should be made?

• Everyone chooses a companion and battles alongside him/her through the whole tournament
    • The couples are decided at random and will stay the same through the whole tournament
    • Create couples at random at the beginning of each round of the tournament
    • I didn't answer "yes".

I had this idea by seeing the enthusiasm for 2vs2 Multiple Battles in the other topic.

What if we made a tournament?

It would be something like this:

Scenario A) Everyone chooses his/her mate and subscribes to the tournament. The couples will have 1 week to prepare at least 3 pokémon each, make strategies, decide various things, etc. The couples will stay the same for the whole duration of the tournament. All the matches of the tournament will be played within one day.

Example: There are 8 people.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.

They decide to make these couples: 1 & 2, 3 & 4, 5 & 6, 7 & 8

The matches are: 1 & 2 VS 3 & 4 and 5 & 6 VS 7 & 8

*one week of preparation*

1 & 2 and 7 & 8 win

the following match will be: 1 & 2 VS 7 & 8

Scenario B) Everyone who wants to partecipate subscribes to the tournament. The couples will be then decided at random. The partecipants will have 1 week of time to prepare themselves. The couples will stay the same for the whole duration of the tournament. All the matches of the tournament will be played within one day.

Scenario C) Everyone who wants to partecipate subscribes to the tournament. The couples will be decided at random at the beginning of each round. Before each round, every couple will have 3 days to prepare themselves.

Example: There are 8 people.

The couples for round 1 were decided at random: 1 & 2, 3 & 4, 5 & 6, 7 & 8.

The matches are: 1 & 2 VS 3 & 4 and 5 & 6 VS 7 & 8

*3 days of preparation*

1 & 2 and 7 & 8 win their matches

On the following round, the couples are redone at random

1 & 8 VS 2 & 7

*3 days of preparation*

1 & 8 win the tournament

Let me hear your thoughts. :)

Also if you have some better ideas, feel free to tell us.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds awesome! Any scenario is cool overall, but I assume this will be a competitive doubles scene (EVs/IVs necessary)? Hoo boy, I'd best get to practicing and serious raising if that's the case.

And we could have tournaments like this every once in a while and try out those different scenarios if some people didn't like the previous!

It'd be a really cool idea, of course, I'd hate to be the letdown of my pair, so I doubt I'd actually participate

Sounds fun! Though I'm sure I'd cause my partner and I to lose. xP

Sounds awesome! Any scenario is cool overall, but I assume this will be a competitive doubles scene (EVs/IVs necessary)? Hoo boy, I'd best get to practicing and serious raising if that's the case.

Obviously everyone will try to do their best so it's safe to assume this *will* be a competitive tournament.

However this shall not discourage casual players, because:

a) In case a "Competitive x Casual" team is made, the latter will definitely learn something from this experience (i.e. team building, strategies, etc.)

b) For a "Casual x Casual" team, they can both start their rough road to competitive battling without any stress... Or totally ignore this and simply go with the "Let's simply have fun" rule.

c) In a double battle (and especially a Multiple Battle) everything can happen. You also have to enter in a different mindset. . . Competitive single players won't be *that* competitive if they don't have any experience in Doubles in any case. I know this since I've been doing Doubles since years.

And we could have tournaments like this every once in a while and try out those different scenarios if some people didn't like the previous!

This is a great idea. Also I think people will enjoy having many different tournaments every once in a while~

Where's the "YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!" option?

This is a really cool idea! I'm definitely in.

Voted for option determined pairs for reasons Alfred should know, but randomly chosen pairs is equally good idea :)

If pairs are chosen randomly for each round, that could get really chaotic xD

That's not necessarily a bad thing of course.

I second Alfred: this is a really great idea!

I actually have about ten competitive grade pokemon, and I could make a team, I just would be afraid of my lack of communication and coordination with my partner, 'cuz I'm a hard person to work with.

We'd probably just surf/earthquake each other to death

Or maybe I could just loan my Noivern to my little brother and see if the two of us could not-suck, although that'd probably be too much communication

This sounds like a great idea! I'm terrible at anything resembling competitive, but this could be really fun~

I voted for chosen pairs, but I don't know anyone who would pair up with me. :/