FEXNA (Currently In Private Beta)

BwdYeti

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why all the remakes? OC usually turns out better and is more interesting IMO

I was mainly interested in an FE2 remake because it's old as shit now and it seems to have been skipped over and forgotten just like always between FE11 and 12. Plus it would take a lot of new additions anyway since NES limitations.

I don't really see a need for a FE5/6/7 (or newer) remake at this point, though.

hey let's remake fe13 that's a good idea

also let's get some more Elibe hacks/games

Edited by Tryhard

Eh, I just suck at writing. It will take me 1,000 year to come up with a good plot. :/

However, I believe FE5 needs more love. 6 and up isn't really needed right now IMO. And I want IS to remake FE6!

There was a FE2 remake some time ago... but I don't know where it is. Try looking deeper in the hacking concepts section?

There was joke FE9/10 screens too. Just saying that.

And I have to agree with Brendor. OCs are more favored than Elibe or Magvel games.

remakes are typically more reliable in terms of interest. OC ranges hard (is the best and worst).

A lots gonna be possible with this, pretty excited for FEXNA. My interest in FE has been back and forth lately, but I imagine this will produce some cool, interesting stuff

How about free movement like in FE2?

If you mean the classic rpg-like system where you could move around a town then lolno that won't be in release. Someone else can code that or pay yeti because that's a whooooole other movement system.

A lots gonna be possible with this, pretty excited for FEXNA. My interest in FE has been back and forth lately, but I imagine this will produce some cool, interesting stuff

Having heavilty used it for about 5 days now, I can safely say Chaos mode will be my last romhack ever. I'll never touch it again.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah like where's the closed, open and half open go for eyes and mouth

the picture klok showed is ambiguous to actual placement

The row of the parts of the face just under the mug.

Top row is eyes, bottom is blink

Left to right. (open eye on left, closed mouth on left. Closed eye on right, open mouth on right)

Edited by L95

it makes sense but I'm kinda confused

the box for the actual mug isn't much bigger than the rom hackbox

I thought fexna supported halfbodies unless I just hallucinated those

Edited by Brendor the Eagle

Note that nothing I'm about to say is current, official, or set in stone.

1. Events won't have any form of translator. You'll have to re-event everything manually. Luckily, the eventing system is so easy even I could pick it up with no prior experience and only a few questions to yeti and create a full chapter from scratch.

2. Text editor is planned to have a romhacking-to-fexna translator. Whether this is post-release or pre-release, I can't say/don't know.

3. Maps are so easy you'll cry. Goodbye map insertion romhacking, and good riddance. It also will, either post-release or pre-release, support mappy files so you can insert those easily.

4. Custom tilesets will have their own tool. It's pretty badass, actually. I personally plan when it's finished to add quite a few tilesets of my own.

5. Whether it's me, Yeti, or Booton, one two or all three of us will be adding all the classes on this list and maybe more before release. There are a few that're in the air, such as those I haven't asked permission for yet, but if those fail we'll just remove or replace them. (Ie: The various halberdiers as an example)

Other specific romhacking importations are in the air, just ask if you have questions about those.

Edited by Klok