FEXNA (Currently In Private Beta)

BwdYeti

These are too big numbers.

That's it I am going to Work only on FEXP.

How old is your PC?

You could get RAM and processor speed like that on something nigh unto a decade ago. Upgrading to it now wouldn't be particularly pricey.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically if FEXP runs full speed on your computer, FEXNA should also run full speed. You can always download an FE7x demo to try it out.

Nice! Hope the full release is some time before the end of the year (May be a little too hopeful though...)

I have Win XP Ram is 512 MB.

I downloaded FE7x once before I got Virus but Do I Have it still...

I will dig my PC for it.

Upgrade My PC... I will contact my friends and than I will find out something.

However it's not too long until I will go to university... I will have to buy Portative PC

@Portative Correct Spelling?

Edit:Yeah I have it but With it I have this small error.untitled_zps75880591.png

Idea how to Fix?

Edited by Lord Wolfram

At that price point I'd almost say get a chromebook because they're built decently, but dual booting with linux is a pain in the ass and romhacks will be significantly more difficult to deal with.

I'd recommend going up to $400 and getting a refurbished lenovo t420. Those things are cleared for use in outer space. I got one on sale off newegg with an i5 sandy bridge, 8 gigs of ram and a SSD. 400 dollars. Crazy good deal there. If any of y'all need a laptop to run romhacks that wasn't made a decade ago, that's my recommendation. It'll run way less hot and be way more durable than a gaming laptop. Performance will probably be a bit worse, but 4 year old dGPUs aren't exactly stellar. I mean shit, 2010 computers would still be running Lynnfield, wouldn't they? you might get significantly more performance with even integrated video + a sandy bridge i5.

Does Fe7x seriously not support Direct3d9? That's cutting off a fair bit of folks there.

XNA is directx9 based, what it sounds like is wolfram's computer is unfortunately even older than that

But yes even the cheapest bargain laptop should be able to run FEXNA, let alone my midrange laptop from 8 years ago

XNA is directx9 based, what it sounds like is wolfram's computer is unfortunately even older than that

But yes even the cheapest bargain laptop should be able to run FEXNA, let alone my midrange laptop from 8 years ago

Here's a HUGE, years-ahead-of-yourself question; if you're considering mobile platforms, is there an inkling of a shred of a chance of a hope of a possibility that we'd probably most definitely not have the ability to put built FEXNA games onto OSX/iOS?

I've already run FE7x on my (android) phone, but it was using a trial of the Xamarin platform that allows C#/Mono to run on android/iOS devices, which has since expired and is very not free for the features MonoGame needs. If they come up with a free non-commercial license with those features it would be almost trivial to port, or if an alternative platform with such a license progresses to the point it can be used instead, but that's all hypotheticals

next FE7x release will have an OSX version and eventually I'll get it working on Linux, so there's that

No I won't buy Laptop any time soon.

Rater Yeti would give me FEXNA today than I Buy Laptop.

I am downloading Directx 9 So after it I will see what's changing.

And further I already talked with friend of mine about upgrading my pc video card and ram.

I will see what's going to change than....

Yeti Good Luck on your project and I hope that I will be able to use it to make My first part of Chronicles game.

I have Win XP Ram is 512 MB.

I downloaded FE7x once before I got Virus but Do I Have it still...

I will dig my PC for it.

Upgrade My PC... I will contact my friends and than I will find out something.

However it's not too long until I will go to university... I will have to buy Portative PC

@Portative Correct Spelling?

Edit:Yeah I have it but With it I have this small error.untitled_zps75880591.png

Idea how to Fix?

Klok, I think he already tried to run FE7x

(...Or do you mean he hasn't tried again since updating the thingy)

Edited by L95

Will there be a way to resize the window? It's way too tiny. I'm not talking about Da Vinci level graphics scaling, but 2x or 3x would make FE7x (and subsequently, the FEXNA engine) a lot more awesome.

*runs*

Seriously though, I didn't see functionality when testing out FE7x, so unless I missed it, I must know.

It's not there. And why would it be? That's a strange place to put a window resize. Normally I'd just click the side of the window and re-size it. >__>

I feel like we're not on the same page. You know how in VBA you can set the screen size to 2x, 3x, 4x, etc. as well as full screen it? That's what I'm talking about.

Edit: I'm using a version from last november. When I downloaded it a month or two ago it seemed to be the latest. I just checked and the site says it's the latest.

Edited by PowerOfKaishin

Oh, I don't know how I missed those. When you said in game options I thought you meant load up a file and do it from there. whoops

Well that's just great, then. Can't wait until FEXNA comes out. What do you guys have left to do? I worked with C# over the summer so I might be able to help, but unfortunately I have no connections here other than a friend that likes to play drafts, so I can't really prove my validity as a trustworthy person.

Edited by PowerOfKaishin

Or SF could rename the romhacking forum to Fire Emblem Fan Projects, especially seeing as how nobody here even "hacks" roms, unless you count the actual ASM Hackers.

And if SF doesn't get on that ball, Tanas Manor has a big tutorial section coming which is written by yours truly, and a dedicated forum for FEXNA. That's not until release ofc but I'll be posting all my projects there in any case.

Edited by Klokinator

Just some quick questions.

Will we be able to remove and add units at whatever point in the game? (Like a unit dies plot-wise so they become unplayable but are brought back later in the game)

And will there be a limit to how many sound files can be used for the music?