FEXNA (Currently In Private Beta)

BwdYeti

Also it has nice debugging tools to help show you why it's freezing/crashing instead of giving the screech of death or else forcing you to know exactly what to break on but yeah you still gotta learn the tools and make things and stuff

Edited by 47948201

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'd rather learn the tools of the thing that could potentially lead to a lot more opportunities and possibilities in regards to FE fan content.  I really would rather not learn the romhacking tools and attempt to hack a rom only for FEXNA to finally come out and put all my romhacking time and efforts to waste.

if i were to think of something to make this thing better.... i'd say add a partner unite team (yellow)

just like in path of radiance, so you can instruct your allies, and guide them, but they have

to do it themselves. that would be awesome.

and other thing, but this is general thing, make it overall

an easy program to use for some like me who is

not vary technical, (not a good hacker) so

in other words, i ask that this fexna be a user

friendly program. i have lots of ideas for

fire emblem hacks but my imagination

for the hacking out weighs what i am

able to do with any hacking program out right now

O i just thought of another thing, an easy way

to make new units (without sacrificing existing units.

free roam world was already mentioned... how about

to add to that, an option to do like fe8 did, with monsters (or an evil army)

scattered throughout the map to fight freely

if all of this was made in fexna, i would get it asap, the moment it

came out (if the Lord permit that is because nothing is certain.

unsuspecting things happen

Indeed. Hopefully when FEXNA releases there will be a lot more opportunities for people of all sorts of skill levels to do things, but if you want to do something now, don't let the fact FEXNA isn't out yet be a deterrent.

Of course, that can only be said in a general sense. People do have limited resources, so if you want to get maximum lifetime efficiency rather than being able to produce things due to your current situation (be it that you have ideas or free time now, etc) then yeah feel free to hang on tight.

Anyway, a team which can be given vague orders sounds pretty doable, I'll bring it up.
User-friendliness is one of the big things that we try to push for in FEXNA. There's still definitely work in getting started, but ideally a couple 2-minute video tutorials should be all people will need to hit the ground running, where then most stuff is pretty easy to figure out if you're willing to look.
A way to make new units without sacrificing existing units, I honestly have no clue what you mean there.
Free roam, I wouldn't hold my breath for that as a default FEXNA feature, but if it does get made you can pretty well count on it having skirmishes.

2 hours ago, 47948201 said:

Indeed. Hopefully when FEXNA releases there will be a lot more opportunities for people of all sorts of skill levels to do things, but if you want to do something now, don't let the fact FEXNA isn't out yet be a deterrent.

Of course, that can only be said in a general sense. People do have limited resources, so if you want to get maximum lifetime efficiency rather than being able to produce things due to your current situation (be it that you have ideas or free time now, etc) then yeah feel free to hang on tight.

Anyway, a team which can be given vague orders sounds pretty doable, I'll bring it up.
User-friendliness is one of the big things that we try to push for in FEXNA. There's still definitely work in getting started, but ideally a couple 2-minute video tutorials should be all people will need to hit the ground running, where then most stuff is pretty easy to figure out if you're willing to look.
A way to make new units without sacrificing existing units, I honestly have no clue what you mean there.
Free roam, I wouldn't hold my breath for that as a default FEXNA feature, but if it does get made you can pretty well count on it having skirmishes.

I think he means making new classes in FE8 since extending the class table there glitches the game

Oh yeah trivially there's a button to add class and you can just keep hitting it until your computer breaks if you want. I think probably you can have up to 32000 characters, so it wouldn't surprise me if you can have 64000 classes by default, and you can increase the number if you're absolutely bonkers.

Interessing^^

For the time need...If never i'll get Private beta version, i'll take ALL my time on FEXNA even after my irl-work, just to learning (if all of you post tutorials/tips/and so on...), trying and make sure to make a good FA-Fan game (well...if i'm good enough to make Original/FE-style focused characters/stories)

Just i want to give ideas : If we set aside Duo Support, i imagined (after played FE Warriors) a Blue/rainbow-color potion or once used, put user into awakening/invincible mode or :

grants +1 turn/action, +5/more to all stats, 100% critical hit, +2/more move, his/her sprites's shines/rainbow effect, music change

BUT temporarily ! lasts 1~3 turns and make items extremely rare and not be in store, just hided into specific tiles

BwdYeti already put many ideas (training, map before chapters,etc) and see i'm pretty bad abous ideas, i'll let all of you shares your ideas (here or in FEXNA site/forum topis if that's exist)

30 minutes ago, ADS04 said:

grants +1 turn/action, +5/more to all stats, 100% critical hit, +2/more move, his/her sprites's shines/rainbow effect, music change

BUT temporarily ! lasts 1~3 turns and make items extremely rare and not be in store, just hided into specific tiles

Boosting stats/crit/mov for 1-3 turns from an item that's hidden in specific tiles is super easy, it's just an item that applies a status to the user. Status also, of course, causes an effect to play on the map sprite, and tints the battle sprite. To make it rainbow, change music, and add another action, you'll probably need to code that in. Rainbow and music aren't gonna be too hard to code if you're crafty at re-using systems already in place, but adding another action is gonna take a little more know-how to make reliable. Far from impossible, of course, but there are various other considerations you'd have to make in doing that, too, like how the extra action is conveyed to the player blah blah blah

4 hours ago, 47948201 said:

Boosting stats/crit/mov for 1-3 turns from an item that's hidden in specific tiles is super easy, it's just an item that applies a status to the user. Status also, of course, causes an effect to play on the map sprite, and tints the battle sprite. To make it rainbow, change music, and add another action, you'll probably need to code that in. Rainbow and music aren't gonna be too hard to code if you're crafty at re-using systems already in place, but adding another action is gonna take a little more know-how to make reliable. Far from impossible, of course, but there are various other considerations you'd have to make in doing that, too, like how the extra action is conveyed to the player blah blah blah

Ok thanks^^

Well...i finished about sharing my idea so i'm looking forward about FEXNA progress and one question :

It's normal to keep our created game for ourself ? (improve/fix problems or just by private)

On 10/02/2018 at 8:44 AM, 47948201 said:

There's totally nothing wrong with making a game and not releasing it to the public. I have a couple games that I made purely for myself.

:)

Well...i guess i'll better wait for FEXNA's real release even if that will be limit impossible...

I wanted the private beta version but if it's by stability's reason, i'll understand even if i'm so impatient about so much idea like more classes,more animations, create own storyboard, own intro (it's possible to make intro in FE7/8 style ?)

I can maybe translate menu on french (i'm french) but i need more practice about coding,etc...

Edited by ADS04

• 1 month later...

Due to a few things, I would say it's not entirely out of the question for FE16 to have some sort of campaign creator. I wonder what the fate of FEXNA would be if it turned out to be fairly capable once the game is released.

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2018 at 5:36 PM, 47948201 said:

when i spoke of adding units without sacrifice of existing units, i was thinking in nightmare terms because in that program you could edit existing units (there weapon, there side, there level, etc) but now that i have this awesome program called FEbuilder, i hardly ever need nightare (forgot last time i used it)

if you don't know what FEbuilder is (chances are you do) then search it up, THAT is the user friendliness i'm talking about (for the most part)

but there are still stuff like the music editor, summon editor (which i can't figure out how to manipulate to the level i spake of), and more.

but the things like the unite placer and class/character editor, that's where it's at (and the map editor)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...