FEXNA (Currently In Private Beta)

BwdYeti

Wait a minute... You didn't post an editor for custom skills. Can we make our own type of skills or we just get to choose from the skills that are already made?

You can create your own skills, yes. This is something that could be done in FEXP as well.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How will adding some of the less number-changing additions to the game be implimented, such as skills, ...

Yes, basically. Skills are actually presently done almost entirely in code to get them working with precision

Wait a minute... You didn't post an editor for custom skills. Can we make our own type of skills or we just get to choose from the skills that are already made?

• 1 month later...

Some questions:

-what is the minimum size for maps?

-is there a Str/mag split?

-is it possible to edit the maximum level?

-is it possible to make items that give a stat boost, a skill, or that raise your grothws, but only if you have them equipped/are in the character inventory

-are skill scrolls possible?

-what is the minimum size for maps?

same as fexp, whatever that was (iirc)

-is there a Str/mag split?

not currently

-is it possible to edit the maximum level?

2 ez

-is it possible to make items that give a stat boost, a skill, or that raise your grothws, but only if you have them equipped/are in the character inventory

-are skill scrolls possible?

2 EZ

Would dismounting be possible, and would it be possible to have different mounts tied to certain skills that would be obtained via "scrolls" (horse "scroll", pegasus "scroll", elephant "scroll", etc) that could be used by any class, removing native mounted classes entirely?

Asking if something is "possible"..The answer is pretty much always yes?

But yeah for what you're thinking of with the scrolls, well, I'm interpreting this two ways:

1-scrolls are held items that, when they're in your inventory, give you a mounted sprite and boosted stats

2-scrolls are usable items that promote or grant a skill that comes with a mounted sprite and boosted stats

Neither of those sound terrible to do, but AFAIK you'll need to implement dismounting yourself (from pretty much scratch, though I think you'd do it similarly to how you'll give mounted units different sprites? *shrug*)

(Not a terribly helpful post, but at this stage, what is? Plus, I wanted to mark the thread with that star thingy anyway)

If you don't mind getting your hands dirty, that doesn't sound terribly difficult just to code by changing the damage formulae. It'll just be tedious to add the property to every weapon, unless you want to edit the Editor and have it automate that (probably not)

If you don't mind getting your hands dirty, that doesn't sound terribly difficult just to code by changing the damage formulae. It'll just be tedious to add the property to every weapon, unless you want to edit the Editor and have it automate that (probably not)

it's not that hard at all though yeti even has items that do this and with a simple edit I get this

aa2f91bf2b62df17ac69bd1208a709e8.png

seriously it's so easy

as far as crit coefficients go that's hardcoded but a skill would easily change the multiplier modifier no problem. something like fe4/5 crits would require a rewrite of the source though and that's the painful part.

Edited by Klok

I don't know what the heck's going on with FE5's critical formula, but FE4's is basically FEGBA, but with the tacked-on condition that you need to have a skill to be able to perform a critical hit. So, either:

Easy-make a skill that has a skill+weapon critical% chance to multiply your damage

or

Slightly Harder-make the game check if you have the skill before trying to determine if your hit is a critical

Which is a VERY important distinction to make.

Assume we have a Mercenary with 15 STR and a 6 MT weapon. The enemy knight has 16 DEF. The enemy also has 30 HP.

FE4: 15*3=45. 45 + 6 = 51 - 16 = 35 DMG. The enemy is now dead.

FE5: 15+6 = 21*2 = 42 - 16 = 26 DMG. The enemy survives with 4 HP.

GBAFE: 15+6 = 21 - 16 = 5*3 = 15 DMG. The enemy survives with 15 HP.

FE4 took a ridiculous approach to critical damage, FE5 was more balanced but still a little overkill, and GBAFE means a swordmaster critting a general will still deal 0 damage. I personally prefer FE5's system but GBAFE's system is a lot easier for number calculations.

Edit: Oh Seph ninja'd me. Well in that case FE4 and FE5 were the same.

Edited by Klok

HEY KIDS

DO YOU LIKE TRANSFORMERS??!!

DO YOU LIKE MICHAEL BAY?!?!

ME NEITHER!

IN AN EFFORT TO COPY HIS COMPLETE AND UTTER LUNACY WE HERE ON THE FEXNA TEAM HAVE ENDEAVORED TO ADD IN EVERY POSSIBLE EXTRANEOUS FEATURE, INCLUDING:

6Jdca.png

6Jdo2.png

3D FUNCTIONALITY WHOAAAAA IT'S LIKE THE BATTLES COME OUT OF YOUR TV AND RIGHT INTO YOUR GODDAMN BRAIN

FEXNA COMING TO A NEIGHBORHOOD NEAR YOU! well maybe i mean it might still be a while but its looking good so far