FEXNA (Currently In Private Beta)

BwdYeti

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also has a mode for modern 3D TVs that would look more like 3DS style 3D (it's actually pretty cool) but uh

6JdZk.png

in screenshots it is actually somehow even worse than the cyan-red images

wait maybe if I

6JeoX.gif

no i think thats just making my case worse

its like brawl and melees completely pointless function to move the screen around with the c stick. . .

only more pointless, I LOVE IT!

i cant wait until this gets re-released in fully functional 4D, and smell all the blood, guts, dirt pain and misery from the soldiers as they breath there last without there loved ones.

i cant wait until this finally comes out, keep up the good work.

good, but slow. . .

Edited by ShinyPichu

good, but slow. . .

I know what you mean and it seems like it's taking forever, but let me personally say that as someone who has seen pwnagekirby migrate files from one version to the next 4 times now, it's is a MASSIVE pain updating from one version to the next when major new features are being introduced at the rate they currently are. Every time we introduce new editor features we have to alter the old XML files, like when we added some new item and weapon icons visible in the editor and we had to painstakingly edit 120 items and 125 weapons' XML files to make them work. For the sake of convenience, you'll be glad to not get a release now and have to upgrade later because it wouldn't be pretty.

Edited by Klok

(Actually the first 3 of those updates, instead of porting my changes I just tossed the old version and re-made it. There's a program that makes upgrading easier, but it's still quite a hassle if you're editing more than just the actor/class/weapon/item/map/graphic/music data)

On the bright side, though, a lot of these changes are way worth it, so yeah, it's definitely a good thing it's still changing.

After being dead for several months I have returned to the SF!

Is it beginner friendly? Since I think this may be ideal starting point for my rom hack I plans on doing but never got to.

I started working on it two days ago seriously (As in I fucked with it here and there for the last couple months, but I got serious two days ago) and I've already made the majority of a full chapter. It's easier than FEXP and getting easier day by day.

Seriously look at my progress in only two days. http://www.klokreations.net/t672-eliburp-knights

Pretty cool! I'm rather looking forward to fiddling around with this as well.

I do think there's value in fixed weapon levels though; they can be another factor in determining a character's usefulness, or it could be useful if someone wanted to do an FE4-style system with inheritance.

Cool, okay, just saw it mentioned a few pages back that there wasn't much value in it. Haven't really read the topic that carefully.

Oh okay, I see now. By the way, FEXNA has the Arms Scroll, so you could have fixed wlvls and still allow players a chance every now and then to update their units '3'

Derp.. sorry for repeating something already known

His game only has Uther route so far so it's not necessarily common knowledge. If you don't know something, just ask.

Unless it's a question about romhacking and in that case use the goddamn search function first.

I'd be up for a FE6/FE7 crossover (FE4 esque) remake, personally. Because chances are, that's going to be a thing (it gets suggested/pondered about so goddamn much). That has the potential to be a large enough project for a big chunk of the community to be involved in.

But indeed, remakes for all games is a possibility. Even a GBA-style remake of FE9/10 would be pretty cool if pulled off well.

It's actually intriguing how the hacking community will change as a result of XNA. If it turns out good enough I imagine it will become the new standard.