FEXNA (Currently In Private Beta)

BwdYeti

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure he meant the stuff like Squire and the Axe cav from here.

@Ninja Penguin, are you refering to FE7x's armours (lieutenants, phalanxes, and zweihanders ), and by extension, all of yeti and team's animations, or just GBA knight edits like the ones TBA made linked to in the post above? If the latter, they'll be useable one someone inserts them. If the former, it's a separate issue, maybe not directly linked to FEXNA

Collectively "other spriters' material going into XNA," really, though my eye was most immediately on TBA's armor units and the new trainee classes. Thanks for the information, at any rate, Klok.

I don't really want people saying "hey cool all the halberdiers on the net are gonna be in fexna and free to use whoo hoo!" because it's not finalized and we haven't even asked for permission yet. I don't see why someone would want to not let their animations get used when they posted the sheets online somewhere, but even so asking for permission is always the polite and proper thing to do.

Edited by Klok

I think you just need to make a comprehensive list of exactly what's included in FEXNA, Klok, since you seem to be getting a lot of one-word-answer questions. Or a FAQ. when you can't be facked, make a FAQ

MP3's are not fully supported. They work, but there aren't loop points. MP3 format sucks anyway, learn to use the smaller and better quality Ogg format.

Final boss animations, not yet but SOON. Yeti is adding the pre-battle and post-battle animations at some point, meaning you can have the screen flash for weapons like FE7 does for Armads/Sol Katti/Durandal and etc, and you can also make the bosses fade in and appear, like the DK and Dragons do as endgame bosses.

Compressing OGG to a lower bitrate than an mp3 does a number on their quality, though it is a very efficient format in general. So I'm assuming by your statement that FEXNA relies on MIDI as well?

or maybe fexna relies on ogg?

just a thought

He was talking about loop points and discounting MP3, thought you can loop MP3s (and OGGs) both with a little audio wizardry. It was idle curiosity.

There was no need for the condescension.

Just have to say this looks amazing, it's practically RPG Maker for FE. (Wait... FEXP... Derp.) Either way I'll definitely be touching on this like everyone else when it eventually drops. The idea I had for a romhack was actually a main story and then a prequel game starring a particular character from the main game. In the unlikely event that main game gets off the ground and finished, I'll without a doubt be using FEXNA for the prequel game.

Looking forward to more progress.

Well, it's gonna be very awesome. A bit sad Yeti's class won't be in, but maybe later. I wonder if in the futur, if you'll ask for ideas? Because, i've got a bunch of these..

I'm impatient to see the engine released, as well as Immortal Sword!

(And I see I'm not the only one who wanted to do a ROTK Emblem..Haha, great)

But I've a question, if I want to add a class, do I need to do all of the things like Fexp (Animations graphics, etc..) or it will be easier? Like automatically in the fexp format and the database more easier too?

Thanks!

Edited by Metakirby

Ok, we'll see that when this will be released. Last question, with Fexp, I wanted often to change colors from class to another. (so, each character with same class but not the same colours, etc..) But I wonder if Fexna, if we can choose the recolors from a added list? (let's say I want to add a class to Dark Druid. Dark Druid original color is DarkDruid.png ; the next colour would be DarkDruid1.png ; and when I choose a class, I can change that from characters to another.)

I'm a bit confused with what I said, but here is the idea.

I'm confused too. I don't think palettes work the way you think palettes work.

Either way, Country Colors can be a sort of universal palette for a character, or you can just... format every possible class for a character... I dunno.

Never worked with it, but yeah, I was thinking of an hard way..

Edit: I think, it's because I work with Photoshop and not with the script. The recolor is cool, but I just don't understand how a character can have it without to change the recolor in the script. :) I'm thinking of a more faster way than that, haha.

And by the way, when the engine will be released? I'm impatient of seing this! (and if one day, a help is needed for translation to another language like French, I'm here!)

Edit 2: Nevermind, I found. I was thinking that it was difficult but..no. Now, I just have to have this working.

Edited by Metakirby

I'd like to think it will, but we're three months into the year and we still have extensive editor fixes, tons of class animations, map sprites oh wait booton did those already, weapon/item data for all the SNES and GBA games, and a bunch of other stuff. The most important things are the user-friendly fixes, bug fixes as we come across them, and getting the editors to be as finished as possible, because you do NOT want this to be released, put four months of work into a game, then have a new version come out which invalidates your XML files unless you update every individual entry.

<Item>
      <Key>33</Key>
      <Value>
        <Id>33</Id>
        <Name>Pirate</Name>
        <Class_Types>
          <Item>Infantry</Item>
        </Class_Types>
        <Skills>17</Skills>
        <Description>Sea-faring insolents who love
fighting as much as drinking.</Description>
        <Caps Null="true" />
        <Max_WLvl>0 0 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0</Max_WLvl>
        <Promotion>
          <Item>
            <Key>107</Key>
            <Value>
              <Item>4 3 0 2 2 0 3</Item>
              <Item>0 0 0 31 0 0 0 0 0 0</Item>
            </Value>
          </Item>
          <Item>
            <Key>111</Key>
            <Value>
              <Item>4 2 3 3 0 0 2</Item>
              <Item>31 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0</Item>
            </Value>
          </Item>

Seriously, if you had to update 250 of these things, I don't think you'd be very happy.

Edited by Klok

This is likely pretty dumb to ask.... and I'm not certain if anyone has mentioned this yet, but what's going on with Manaketes? I suspect that they are indeed in, but I kinda just wanted to ask regardless.