Mia or Zihark?

Seems to me that Mia is actually the best if you're willing to rig her level ups to have tons of strength, what with Vantage potentially allowing her to kill tons of stuff with the Killing Edge/Forged Weapon. Otherwise though, yeah, I'd go with what everyone else is saying.

Well, i think anyone with enough tweakage can be usable to good. It just more boils down to how much are you willing to put into that unit? Snowy might be willing to dump all that stuff into Mia (like i dump a crap ton of stuff into Soren especially in RD), but thats a lot of stuff. Zihark can be usable without nearly as much stuff, which is what people were arguing. Is the OP willing to minmax the hell out of Mia?

Also, since when are any of the swordies good with the SS?

Mist decimates all with SS! Down with SS Swordies! :P:

but I think I'll bexp abuse Nephenee instead since she's a goddess and all especially after she gets vantage and gets below half health.

lol!

"Option A or Option B?"

"OPTION ORANGE!!! I win!"

I like the way you think, brah.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you for bringing up context. str is incredibly relevant in all hard modes throughout all games (yes, even the piss easy ones like FE7 and FE8), and it's even more important when looking at a unit with one of the worst str averages in the game locked to the weakest weapon type.

zihark also has adept.

Considering that the average STR difference between them will be 1-2 points at best, sounds like it's a really good thing then that Mia can get up to +4 attack. After all, Zihark is locked to a bad STR average (if Mia's is one of the worst and is only two points lower, Zihark's must still be bad) and has one of the weakest weapon types.

The thing about Mia vs. Zihark is you can't diss either of them because it blows back on your own character unless you do it just right. Whine that Mia's STR is low, sure... but it's still close to Zihark's and fixable. Whine about Mia's supports, it's easy to point out that Muarim is severly underpreforming after silver weapons come along and range-limited and possibly has a gauge to work with while Rhys doesn't.

Most Zihark supporters clearly have either never used Mia, or have only used very screwed Mia's. Having used every unit in the game I know she isn't a bad unit. In fact, she's just the opposite and I consider her one of the better, and funner, units to use.

It's more or less a matter of preference on which one you use, neither one is far superior to the other. Personally, I use Mia more often because of the availability lead; but when push comes to shove Zihark is marginally better assuming you aren't giving one excessive amounts of care over the other *cough*Snowy*cough*.

Edited by Rhys

No option orange .-.

We shall see when you wind up benching Mia because Neph rapes everything. :P:

I'm pretty sure most Zihark supporters have indeed used Mia more than once... :P

The waifu bias is strong within Snowy.

Ive used Mia loads of times and shes always kinda meh. Swordies are just not that awesome this time around.

Considering that the average STR difference between them will be 1-2 points at best, sounds like it's a really good thing then that Mia can get up to +4 attack. After all, Zihark is locked to a bad STR average (if Mia's is one of the worst and is only two points lower, Zihark's must still be bad) and has one of the weakest weapon types.

The thing about Mia vs. Zihark is you can't diss either of them because it blows back on your own character unless you do it just right. Whine that Mia's STR is low, sure... but it's still close to Zihark's and fixable. Whine about Mia's supports, it's easy to point out that Muarim is severly underpreforming after silver weapons come along and range-limited and possibly has a gauge to work with while Rhys doesn't.

Most Zihark supporters clearly have either never used Mia, or have only used very screwed Mia's. Having used every unit in the game I know she isn't a bad unit. In fact, she's just the opposite and I consider her one of the better, and funner, units to use.

I have used both of them in the same team, and honestly, Mia gave me the impression that she just couldn't measure up. Sure, she CAN become his equal or surpass him, but that requires a pretty significant investment, which includes two supporters that aren't that good, one of whom doesn't necessarily want to support her because the support bonuses are pretty awful.

Ch 12 with a level 14 myrmidon Mia with the following stats:

HP: 27

STR: 12

MAG: 4

SKILL: 16

SPD: 18

DEF: 13

RES: 4

Overall she's coming out better than I expected :):

Edited by Brendor the Hungry

you are making no sense. bad str average or not, zihark still averages more str than mia, and these points of str matter.

don't be stupid. pointing out that tethering mia to rhys is bad in no way suggests that zihark is also being tethered to muarim. zihark doesn't really care that much. that's a good thing for him. please try to understand.

one of whom doesn't necessarily want to support her because the support bonuses are pretty awful.

This isn't a deal-breaker to me, but really, what's with Ilyana "not wanting" Mia? She gets max hit, 1 atk, and 1 def (and apparently 1 atk is a huge deal, right?). Gatrie gives more Def, but no atk, and his even worse mobility hinders her already problematic Move, plus he comes a good deal later but builds at the exact same speed. Mordecai gives more Def and the same atk, but hey, he doesn't want her, both for her bonuses and her move (he doesn't need Def). Zihark just gives her more avoid, but she's not a good enough dodger to take advantage of it. lolLucia.

Mordecai is the only one I can really see taking over Mia if the team works out for her because of the bonuses and speed despite the movement gap, but Mia is a plenty good choice. And B Ilyana is all Mia cares about getting from Ilyana, anyway.

Point being, if you want to use either and your team isn't filled out, the other is a good choice of support partner to toss in.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Ch 12 with a level 14 myrmidon Mia with the following stats:

HP: 27

STR: 12

MAG: 4

SKILL: 16

SPD: 18

DEF: 13

Overall she's coming out better than I expected :):

Dat defense. Notbad.gif

This isn't a deal-breaker to me, but really, what's with Ilyana "not wanting" Mia? She gets max hit, 1 atk, and 1 def (and apparently 1 atk is a huge deal, right?). Gatrie gives more Def, but no atk, and his even worse mobility hinders her already problematic Move, plus he comes a good deal later but builds at the exact same speed. Mordecai gives more Def and the same atk, but hey, he doesn't want her, both for her bonuses and her move (he doesn't need Def). Zihark just gives her more avoid, but she's not a good enough dodger to take advantage of it. lolLucia.

Mordecai is the only one I can really see taking over Mia if the team works out for her because of the bonuses and speed despite the movement gap, but Mia is a plenty good choice. And B Ilyana is all Mia cares about getting from Ilyana, anyway.

Point being, if you want to use either and your team isn't filled out, the other is a good choice of support partner to toss in.

For me, it's that personally, I'd say improving Mordecai's ability to take hits untransformed means he can transform sooner (because let's face it, transforming naturally on turn 5 sucks), which sounds better to me than Mia's giving her hit that won't do jack for either of them. Gatrie would like to hold off long-range mages better, too. It's not much, but hey, I'd say it's better than a support that only gives overkill hit that doesn't benefit either party.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Mia soloing ch 12 was fun. Those ravens didn't stand a chance; didn't even need the laguzslayer :D:

Now we have a level 17 Mia with:

HP: 28

STR: 15

MAG: 6

SKILL: 17

SPEED: capped at 20

LUCK: 13

DEF: 14

Still pretty good c:

Lol seriously? She's 3rd for best defence behind nephenee and oscar and tied for 2nd highest in strength with nephenee oscar and Boyd; Ike's the only one with higher strength

:):

you are making no sense. bad str average or not, zihark still averages more str than mia, and these points of str matter.

Well, then, it's a good thing Mia is capable of gaining an attack lead thanks to her supports. Seriously, at this point you're pretty much arguing pro-Zihark for the sake of denouncing Mia.

don't be stupid. pointing out that tethering mia to rhys is bad in no way suggests that zihark is also being tethered to muarim. zihark doesn't really care that much. that's a good thing for him. please try to understand.

So then Zihark now fights without supports. He's now less durable (Mia's vantage criticals will more than put her ahead at equal levels with no input from anything else) and Mia is only 1-2 points behind him in attack without her own supports and is making up for it via either a forge or superior critting capabilities. Meanwhile Zihark's 'big advantage' is a skill that might help him 3HKO (if you're lucky) a foe or help him out on his one player-phase attack that comes before the enemy counter. And Mia can still combo skills better to boot. Seems like a win for Mia.

Pretty much the only way Zihark 'wins' is when both Mia and Zihark are horribly sandbagged by people shooting for LTC and need every last forge and item to ensure their forged handaxes and elite team can plough forwards. This, coincidentally, is pretty much what happens on tier-lists. Everywhere else a bit of resources can be given to them without fear, and when that happens, Mia's very minor loss turns into a resounding victory as she makes incredible returns on the things given to her.

Sides, this whole thing is over. He's made his choice.

Lol seriously? She's 3rd for best defence behind nephenee and oscar and tied for 2nd highest in strength with nephenee oscar and Boyd; Ike's the only one with higher strength
Yea. You're Mia is blessed. Like, I've seen more blessed, but not on Mia (one game Ilyana basically got 7 stats every level-up). Do you even want to give her wrath at this point? I mean, you certainly could, but you might want to give the enemy a fighting chance.

Oh no! D:

I bring shame to famiry :sob:

Do you even want to give her wrath at this point?

Not really sure who else to give it to :/:

I thought about giving it to Shinon because of the +15 crit bouns but he rarely takes damage and he rarely attacks during the enemy phase and he doesn't have any good pairing skills. I also thought about giving it to Soren for a Wrath-Adept combo. And then of course I could save it till chapter 28 and give Ike wrath & resolve so he can destroy everything in his path but that means I have to go through almost the entire game without using it. Decisions decisions...