Eiserino Spriterini

Alraune

Guess it's a triplepost o>o;

--

diAaUAP.pngGFUWowC.pngRwwqdee.gif

I cleaned up the first for a friend, finished the second, and have only now reveal the third! All three have frames but I only felt like animating the last. All three for a hack.

JZnfOAF.png
Bonus o3o

Edited by Eise

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The soldier guy's armor is very pillow shaded and kinda lacks any... oomf. I'm not really understanding the helm, either. I'm guessing it's supposed to be similar to conquistador helms (awakening generic soldiers) but it kinda just looks like he put an oversized cereal bowl on his head? I do like the idea of the strap though. Oh, also on the helm, it doesn't really match the rest of the mug's angle.

I've been bothered by the red-armored guy's nose for a long while, don't mind if I do...

ffix.png

some noses don't need to be fully lined.

The third new mug seems to have it too(unless his nose is shaped to be like that, which is most likely the case).

Edited by singularity

also i think the mouth usually starts 2 pixels under the nose, so u may want to adjust the nose's length or the mouth's height according to that.

I also believe that nose-guy has a rly big head and face overall. try to keep in mind heas are usually 47-51 pixels tall

!

--

kkCXQXN.png

Fixed, I guess? Scrunched him down, smooshed his jawline in a bit, shortened the nose to what I think works fine, and made the mouth look less silly. I still don't really like the hair but oh well ^>^;

[spoiler= Wip screeny because I haven't really done much else yet o3o]

bPmLbxS.png

In the name of all that is good and reasonable, please, for the love of Grima, don't ref that Shanoa for anything ever.

Red guy's nose is even worse now. The nose bridge should probably tilt over to the side a little. It's also heavily overshaded. Heck, most of his face is pretty heavily overshaded.

Do you flip your sprites to check if things look weird?

I only used it to get an estimation on an average face size for a lady o3o
I do flip my sprites, thought not often enough. I should probably work on that, seeing as it helps a lot to get things looking better >_>
--

8P5eIdX.png
Look any better now? I think I made the chest piece look a bit funkier though o>o;

d7gj1lX.png

I keep getting sidetracked so I never really gets started on getting this into it's alpha version o~o

I don't have any other mugs with progress right now, woops o~O

Edited by Eise

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I dunno. I know it's too wide but I can't get it to look quite right otherwise. I >think< I accidentally added a pixel of width to the mouth in that version though.

mSBhjDM.png
Still too wide a smile I think but I can't get it to look much better myself o~o

--

Might as well update, it's been a while since my last. All I have are works in progress that I keep not working on >.>

[spoiler=what even]

y4Fwvkd.png

dude's right shoulder is wonky and the lady face is godawful
W5aFRHB.png
I may or may not have used a Kamui model as a base for the sketch >o>. Left side of the armor is all wonky.

mSBhjDM.pngo04fo0.png

I'm not good with critiquing and explaining myself, and I'm not good with telling what exactly I would do and fix if I don't, well, do it myself first, so I chucked him into paint and fiddled for a bit.

Hopefully you can take something from it, even just a little.

Edited by NICKT™

• 2 months later...

Look who it is, after another two month hiatus!
---
WO6R40F.png Got around to fixing this guy's face (except maybe under the left brow). I'll mess with the armor, hair, and shirt again later in the weekend. Thanks for the reference, Nickt ~o3o~

-

I've got WIPs again. Yaaaay.
bJcNCTo.pngzRYzzwJ.png14owAf5.png

smT4d4c.png
All for the same project.

Edited by Eise

Love the hair of the purple girl. And the bow. But the hair is great. She looks a bit bug-eyed though - maybe a bit too much black/darkness in the irises?

Blue haired knight looks cool, but I think the far collar should be sticking out a little more than the near one. It also seems to magically shrink - it's a little too high at the back of the neck and/or low at the front. Given the angle of his body, as well, the top part of it should be a bit more rounded (cf. Roy). Of course it's WIP but I thought I'd point it out before it became more of a problem.

Alm-lookalike looks okay, I guess. His face looks very small and his hair looks like plasticine, but I don't know if you're planning on doing more work on it. Additionally, the pauldrons don't quite match up between the right and the left. The breastplate looks a bit... tacked on? It doesn't seem to be on the same plane as everything else. I think it's missing a bit of depth in the correct places. The collar has similar problems to the knight. I like the concept though, the portrait portrays a lot of personality.

The splice look super promising, but given the angle of the head the little spikes of hair at the sides should not be at the levels they are. The far ones need to come down and/or the near ones up.

I have yet again gone ahead and started on a new mug before finishing those I still haven't worked much on orz

Thanks for the critique, I'll get all that sorted out over the weekend.

--

PwO1xbI.png
I really wanted to try FE8 style shading, and I also wanted to practice hair o3o
I might not continue on it after I finish the face.
Ref

G7c4MBF.jpg

Edited by Ohohojou-sama

FE 8 shading generally makes much more use of the middle skin shade along with higher contrast in colors compared to 7. Off the top of my head, if you compare Lyon or Valter to someone like Elbert or Harken you can see a massive difference in how they're done.
--
Will edit in sprite works later o3o
^JK Apparently

Edited by Eise

Probably the most noticeable thing is how FE8 mugs use the 3rd skin tone to shade the far cheek whereas FE7 uses the 2nd skin tone most of the time.

• 1 month later...

Hi, peeps, might as well post what I've been doing recently. Haven't done much, but over the rest of the break I have I guess I'll be doing lots of spriting, so expect more!
---

kKoeRKY.pngIhecrDQ.png

ZqCNRly.pngE7NKv1N.png

HC6ciTx.png

Edits to the shape of the armor for the first.
Slight cleanup for the second. Mulling over ideas for her palette.
Face mostly done for the fourth, starting armor.
Third is an old dude who's going to be a Pally. Looks kinda like an old and pissed Chrom. Started as a Gheb PCMR edit :^)
Fifth is for Shadowess, but I haven't gotten around to finishing it yet orz

Edit-
Kw1dkey.png
Finished. Still a bit messy, though.

Edited by Eise

• 2 months later...

Heyo, friendos. Might as well update to show that I'm alive.

I haven't done much (if any) FE styled spriting lately, but I do have some other stuff to throw about.

-

d6bgkkR.pngZjT8BnN.pngJLpSlhz.png

tVLfqEF.pngMdO2w6U.png

n2QSN6W.png

WWE Osu! maymay faces, and then a currently unfinished Hat Girl for Hoshi o3o

Edited by Eise

• 1 month later...

Might as well show that I'm alive.

-

danke, char, I'll fix that up eventually

here's another fc thing that's actually going to be completed eventually.

gyu7NAa.png

I should probably finish all the WIPs I've posted in here so that all the advice doesn't go to waste ;p

--

Updoot-

kpnRrwc.png

how do body angles

Edited by Eise