Touhou Fantasy, Xenomic's RPG Maker game!

Xenomic

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changes in this one:

1) Regen is now 5% Max HP recovery per turn, and MP Regen is now 3% Max MP recovery per turn.
2) Aya HP/MP+% bug fixed. Was somehow using Meiling's instead of her own.
3) SDM tile error fixed.
4) Demon Charm now Reimu exclusive.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c9p9cdeekd3iwh2/Touhou_Fantasy_Map_Fix_Patch_1.119.rar

Update again...this time to include the DynRPG.ini file so that the game doesn't crash, and fix that random Youkai Mountain issue...Of quick note, in the introduction battle, there are several dummied skills. Don't bother with these as they are not finished yet and I never took them out or finished them yet...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wnbcxfi6of7p748/Touhou_Fantasy_Update_Patch_1.119.rar

a071faac414b55270460925bc15b7626.png

This is the first room in Valley of Corpses, being the room you have to go through in order to get a key to enter the other cave at the start of the area. I think this turned out rather well and conveys the whole "Corpse" part of the dungeon. As always, the flora inflicts statuses when stepping on them (still haven't decided which statuses yet). At one point, upon getting the key, these corpses and whatnot would've came to life (or be ghosts in this area) and attacked the player chasing them, but not sure if I'll do that here or not now...hmmm.

New update patch. What's new?

SDM teleport event to 2nd library after 2nd Misty Lake visit is fixed.
Misty Lake speed bug should be fixed now.
Poltergeist Mansion speed bug should be fixed now. In addition, can now change party members whenever up until 3rd boss fight.
There were a few other changes, but I can't seem to recall what they are...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7c8p3mki7md716i/Touhou_Fantasy_Map_Fix_Patch_1.119.rar

EDIT - Not included in the patch, but will be included in the next update, are some new boss sprites for Chaos, Fate, and Order~

2de6d404caa3c8a4d39c46654e67e85e.png
9f17a59a5b68549a00752f16765566a9.png
0e9c920ff9ccf0e5559cc67e06a796a6.png

Courtesy of HyperCombinationFinish/AudioVisual~ Much thanks to you, my man! ^^

Edited by Xenomic

dc990fe01416f56e696007f05dfc2184.png

Okay, this is probably going to be the last map from this dungeon. I just want everyone's opinion on if this looks more valley-like (since ya know, it's supposed to be a valley)? I feel like it works for a valley anyways...

On that note, I just realized this dungeon already has 16 maps, and I haven't even gotten to the second boss of the dungeon (of 4. The last two are fought at the very end of course). Not sure how many more maps I should have between the next screen (which is the second boss screen, where the player will fight the Marquis Malboro) and to the end of the dungeon. The player will have to backtrack out, and the Malboros will still be around even after the Marquis is defeated, and the status tiles will still be there as well. Hmm...

And yes, by the save point/music changer, there is a status/MP recovery spring, and the green sprout will give the party MP Regen: 50 turns (because there's no way to really heal MP in battle so may have to rely on this...not sure how to handle the MP problem because it will be a big problem in-battle. Outside, can still use MP recovery items so...)

So, new concept art! This time, for Pestilence, done courtesy of Avee! Much thanks to you bro!

pestilence_concept_art_by_aveedesigns-d7

I think it's very fitting myself personally~ She looks unique enough from all the other components, and it fits her name I think. Color scheme is really nicely done too~

Update Patch 1.20: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8nhi5so8cs4vibp/Touhou_Fantasy_Update_Patch_1.120.rar

Fixed some more bugs all over the place, some that once again baffle me as to how they even existed. Not much else to say here! Still currently working on beta5 stuff, so if there's anything that seems off in beta1-4, do let me know!

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, so I would like to speak about

Hope's

skillsets. I've yet to fully finish all of the skills for this skillset, so I'd like to hear some good ideas for them. Note, that these will probably be used from OTHER bosses, so what's here may be on other bosses! The default skillset has 12 skills normally, all others have 6 total (there's really 8, but 2 of them has to be forgoed in favor of one of the three).

Pandora mode (default skillset)

Fairy Circle: Restores 30% Max HP to the party. Costs 10% Max MP to use. Only usable in battle.
Esuna: Cures all negative statuses. Costs 25 MP.
Esunaga: Cures all negative statuses to the party. Costs 65 MP.
Bravery: Doubles one ally's Attack. Costs 20 MP.
Protect: Doubles one ally's Defense. Costs 14 MP.
Faith: Doubles one ally's Magic. Costs 20 MP.
Decurse: Cures Curse status on one ally. Costs 14 MP. Note: Curse only prevents the user from changing equipment.
Dispel: Removes all buffs from one enemy. Costs 24 MP. 70% accuracy.
Dispelga: Removes all buffs from the enemy party. Costs 53 MP. 70% accuracy.
Vortex: Removes all statuses from both enemy and ally party. Costs 50 MP.
Return: Brings back Excluded party members into the battle. Costs 99 MP.
Celestial Star: Inflicts 2000 Mystic-elemental damage to all enemies. Costs 100 MP. Only appears in the skillset if HP is 25% or less of Max HP value.

Bubble has been removed from this skillset. Whether or not anything will replace it, I don't know yet.

Fate skillset:

Hellfire: Inflicts 500 Fire-elemental damage to all enemies. Costs 28 MP.
Aurora Freeze: Inflicts 500 Ice-elemental damage to all enemies. Costs 28 MP.
Skygate: Inflicts 500 Thunder-elemental damage to all enemies. Costs 28 MP.
Meteor Blast: Inflicts 500 Earth-elemental damage to all enemies. Costs 28 MP.
Wind Slash: Inflicts 500 Wind-elemental damage to all enemies. Costs 28 MP.
*Judgment Day: Inflicts 1000 Mystic-elemental damage to one enemy. Costs 40 MP.
*Mind Blast: Inflicts 200 Magic damage to one enemy + chance of random statuses. 70% accuracy. Costs 38 MP.
*Cosmic Spear: Inflicts 1500 Shadow-elemental damage to all enemies + Instant Death. Costs 100 MP. Only appears if HP is 25% or less of Max HP value.

*Only one of these skills can be obtained. The other two are forever lost.

Death

Man Eater: Inflicts 500 non-elemental physical damage to one enemy. Deals x4 damage if target is Human-type. Costs 12 MP.
Dismantler: Inflicts 500 non-elemental physical damage to one enemy. Deals x4 damage if target is Machine-type. Costs 12 MP.
Dragon Slayer: Inflicts 500 non-elemental physical damage to one enemy. Deals x4 damage if target is Dragon-type. Costs 12 MP.
Avian Killer: Inflicts 500 non-elemental physical damage to one enemy. Deals x4 damage if target is Flying-type. Costs 12 MP.
Fairy Popper: Inflicts 500 non-elemental physical damage to one enemy. Deals x4 damage if target is Fairy-type. Costs 12 MP.
*Youkai Hunter: Inflicts 800 non-elemental physical damage to one enemy. Deals x2 damage if target is Youkai-type. Costs 22 MP.
*????
*Apocalypse: ????. Costs 100 MP. Only appears at 25% or less Max HP.

(Missing one ability)

Gloom

Nothing yet...missing 8 abilities.

Pestilence

Fear: Inflicts Fear to one enemy. 70% accuracy. Costs 16 MP.
POW Hammer: Inflicts Debrave to one enemy. 70% accuracy. Costs 8 MP.
Deprotect: Inflicts Deprotect to one enemy. 70% accuracy. Costs 12 MP.
Defaith: Inflicts Defaith to one enemy. 70% accuracy. Costs 8 MP.
????
Bleed: Inflicts Sap to one enemy. 40% accuracy. 0 MP for now.
Mind Bleed: Inflicts MP Sap to one enemy. 40% accuracy. 0 MP for now.
Lock: Inflicts Lock to one enemy. 40% accuracy. 0 MP for now.
*Reverse: Reverses statuses on party. For instance, Regen becomes Poison, and vice-versa. Costs 50 MP. Battle only.
*????
*Diseased Tempest: Inflicts 1500 Wind-elemental damage to all enemies + Fear/Debrave/Deprotect/Defaith/Sap/MP Sap/Lock. 60% accuracy. Costs 100 MP. Only appears at 25% or less Max HP.

(Missing 2 abilities)

Order

*Seraphic Law: Inflicts ??? Holy-elemental damage to all enemies. Costs 100 MP. Only appears at 25% or less Max HP.

(Missing 7 abilities)

Chaos

*Cosmic Break: Nothing yet. Costs 100 MP. Only appears at 25% or less Max HP.

(Missing 7 abilities. This skillset is directly tied into the character's skillset).

So if you can help brainstorm, that'd be great! ^^;;

Just keep in mind that there are some themes going on here. For instance, default skillset is pure support, another is pure status (rare statuses at that), another is enemy type targetting, another is AoE elemental, etc. If you need data on what these characters have as bosses, I can probably provide that for the last two.

Also, there's been a few map changes. For one, Myouren Temple has been completely revamped (and is in the process of being worked on to fully finish). Other little things here and there too, but nothing TOO major compared to the previous map updates. Still waiting on another mapper to finish Ruins of Vina so I can do the dimensional rift for that area...and still need to redo some maps too such as Human Village and Youkai Mountain. >_>;

From the Bestiary:

0142: Chaos
Max HP: 30000
Max MP: 9999
Attack: 800
Defense: 100
Magic: 800
Speed: 100
EXP: 0
Yen: 30000
Item: None
Steal: Megalixir (20%)
Master Thief Steal: Megalixir x2 (10%)
Bribe: None
Morph: None
Critical Hit %: 25%
Condition Resist:
Death: E
Poison: E
Blind: E
Silence: E
Berserk: E
Confusion: E
Sleep: E
Paralyze: E
Haste: A
Amnesia: E
Regen: A
Protect: A
MP Regen: A
Venom: E
Blink: A
Petrify: E
Freeze: E
Slow: E
Stop: E
Attribute Resist:
Attacks: C
Pierce: C
Blunt: C
Slash: C
Fire: C
Ice: C
Thunder: C
Water: C
Earth: C
Wind: C
Holy: A
Shadow: E
Physical: C
Exorcist: C
Magic: C
Ghost: C
Absorb: C
Cure: E
Attacks:
Attack (5)
Chaos Drive (5)
The Void (5)
Maelstrom (2)
Ragnarok (5)
Charge of Virtue (5)
Flare Star (5)
Judgement Bolt (5)
Earthquake (5)
Tsunami (5)
Gravira (5)
Deathga (5)
Shadow Flare (5; only when HP is below 50%)
Curaga (5, only when HP is below 25%)
Holy (5)

0212: Order
Max HP: 25000
Attack: 999
Defense: 100
Magic: 999
Speed: 110
Yen: 0
Item: None
Critical Hit %: 100%
Condition Resist:
Attribute Resist:
Fire: C
Ice: C
Thunder: C
Water: C
Earth: C
Wind: C
Holy: C
Shadow: C
Magic: C
Cure: E
Attacks:
Shadow Flare (10)
Holy (10)
Meteor (10)
Ultima (10)
Seraphic Law (10; only when HP is below 35%)
Celestial Arrow (10)
Scathe (10)
Freeze (10)
Tornado (10)

0235: Fate
Max HP: 45000
Attack: 900
Defense: 165
Magic: 900
Speed: 160
Yen: 0
Item: Revitalize Scroll Lv2 (100%)
Steal: Ribbon (5%)
Master Thief Steal: Ribbon (2%)
Bribe: None
Morph: None
Critical Hit %: 25%
Condition Resist:
Attribute Resist:
Fire: B
Ice: B
Thunder: B
Water: B
Earth: B
Wind: B
Holy: B
Shadow: B
Magic: E
Cure: C
Attacks:
Attack (8)
Cosmic Spear (8; only when HP is less than 25%)
Armor Break (10; only when HP is above 90%)
Power Break (10; only when HP is above 90%)
Magic Break (10; only when HP is above 90%)
Mind Blast (8)
Judgment Day (8)
The Void (8)
Ragnarok (8)
Hellfire (8)
Aurora Freeze (8)
Skygate (8)
Meteor Blast (8)
Aerial Slash (8)

Data on everyone:

Hope: Full support. Only attack option is Celestial Star. Has the ability to absorb various skills from ONLY the other components, and is the only one capable of doing so.

Fate: Jack-of-all-trades. Generally specializes in AoE elemental spells, but is capable of using some status-inflicting attacks.

Gloom: Unknown, as Gloom is the most undeveloped OC in the game. She's not much of a battler, and is more akin to a Puppeteer.

Death: Specializes in damaging specific types, but also deals with Instant Death as well.

Pestilence: Specializes in various statuses, up to and including those that Hope can never use.

Order: Specializes in high-level magic spells.

Chaos: Specializes in high-level elemental abilities, but also is heavily specialized in physical strength. Has the ability to absorb various skills from those she has defeated.

d58981ee7330255acfac11bdb0a0ac78.png

So....final map of updated Makai right now. Went from 200x200 to 118x137. I redid the map while taking a break from working on Palanquin Ship, as it needed to be drastically sized down. It's now a bit more compact and easier to traverse, and most of the locations are still pretty much the same. However, before I release this in whatever update patch, I'll have to make sure to leave a WARNING! for players to save at save points and not the world map to avoid being stuck...@_@;;

Old map for comparison:

da2b8042b1d068d1eaa93b63ce35939e.png

Speaking of Palanquin Ship, here's one hallway thus far (the rooms for this hallway are all done, and I'm in the process of doing the next area of the ship. Trying to avoid having the dungeon be TOO big, since you come here right after Myouren Temple itself. There's a couple gimmicks to this place, and it's a one-time only dungeon, so better make sure you do everything before finishing it!

5b4bbb6378dbcad094cf014174b4bf40.png

In addition, have what is Gensokyo's current world map!

20956990f364fe670c3d108888d1d7eb.png

Whether or not I'll ever revamp Gensokyo's map, I don't know. I want to, but on the other hand, it'll be a pain in the arse to fix all of the teleport events and whatnot...

Edited by Xenomic

db6df5d927bfcc82ab6707bf8f322c6b.png

Safe to say, something doesn't feel completely right...this is what I could get out of the current tileset (this is the ONLY room of which even uses this tileset. The rest will be underground. Here's the tilesets I'm using for this dungeon.

For the shrine part itself:

town06_d.png

For the actual dungeon:

chipset_3.png

So now the question becomes, what to do with the actual dungeon? Originally, the gimmick of this dungeon dealt with money. Enemies dropped a lot of money in here, but any money made or lost in this dungeon will not transfer to outside the dungeon. Whatever you came in here with is what you come out with. I remember doing away with this gimmick and going with something else, but I forgot what now...of note, who'd a thought there'd be a church-like area in Makai? :v

So yeah, I need to come up with a good gimmick for this dungeon that isn't used in any of the previous dungeons, and figure out if the tileset I'm using for the actual dungeon will work...oi vey. @_@;