Always room for IMPROVEMENT!!#!$!!!!!!!!

WrathN'Resolve

I have a female child riolu (son of speed boost blaziken) with

Adamant

Inner focus

Sky uppercut (accidental)

High jump kick

Quick attack (pointless)

Endure (mega pointless)

But!

There's always room for more greed, right? I want his son to have

Mach punch/Bullet punch (Both sound awesome, but Bullet punch is probably better due to it being steel)

Jump Kick/Close combat (Either works, but I've already worked up to jump kick.)

Sword dance

????????? maybe... a counter to psychic or flying?

Is there a father that can make this happen for me? a way I can get jump kick and Bullet punch?

If no.... that's a bummer....

MAKE SUGGESTION FOR 4TH ATTACK

note: Swagcario will be my mega evolver.

SD Mega Lucario should always be Jolly to outspeed Gengar and the Latis (using STABs, you still deal more damage with Jolly Mega Lucario than with Adamant LO Lucario). SD / Close Combat / Extremespeed are standard on the Swords Dance set, and Crunch and Ice Punch are the best options for the fourth slot. Extremespeed (+2 priority) is preferred over Bullet Punch to beat weakened Talonflame and Thundurus-I, who both have +1 priority at most.

HJK's lower accuracy and recoil effect aren't worth it on Lucario.

A popular alternative is to run Nasty Plot / Aura Sphere / Flash Cannon / either Vacuum Wave or Dark Pulse with a Timid nature.

Edited by Miikaya

Ok, first off... Lucario can't learn Mach Punch. Bullet Punch almost as good, though. (Not as good coverage...)

You may want to use Extremespeed as well.

High Jump Kick is fantastic, but you may not want to use it because HAX...

Crunch and Blaze Kick are there, too. And Earthquake, Shadow Claw, and Stone Edge.

Oh, and Lucario's SpAtk mustn't be neglected either.

In which case, Vacuum Wave or Aura Sphere seem okay...

And yes, in gen VI, mothers can pass down egg moves, too, so it's possible. Not that it wasn't before with Smeargle and all.

EDIT: NINJA'D! xP

Edited by Fruity Insanity

SD Mega Lucario should always be Jolly to outspeed Gengar and the Latis (with Close Combat, you still deal more damage with Jolly Mega Lucario than with Adamant LO Lucario). SD / Close Combat / Extremespeed are standard on the Swords Dance set, and Crunch and Ice Punch are the best options for the fourth slot. Extremespeed (+2 priority) is preferred over Bullet Punch to beat weakened Talonflame and Thundurus-I, who both have +1 priority at most.

HJK's lower accuracy and recoil effect aren't worth it on Lucario.

I appreciate your opinion, and I'm now leaning toward Close combat now, but I'm kinda set in my want for bullet punch, as it can hit ghost types if I need to priority finish them

(say I use crunch on gengar, now he's lowish next turn I use a priority that can hit him, like a steel type move, matching the criteria of bullet punch.)

Finally...I'm probably gonna stay adamant due to the fact that I like it, I already have it, and it seems more tactical:

Same principal as aegislash.

Enemy hits me

closecombat (dropsdefense and sp defense, becomes glass cannon)

bullet punch finish

boosted stab from mega lucario gives him more powa, added to his adamant nature, and... yeah.

Ok, first off... Lucario can't learn Mach Punch. Bullet Punch almost as good, though. (Not as good coverage...)

You may want to use Extremespeed as well.

High Jump Kick is fantastic, but you may not want to use it because HAX...

Crunch and Blaze Kick are there, too. And Earthquake, Shadow Claw, and Stone Edge.

Oh, and Lucario's SpAtk mustn't be neglected either.

In which case, Vacuum Wave or Aura Sphere seem okay...

And yes, in gen VI, mothers can pass down egg moves, too, so it's possible. Not that it wasn't before with Smeargle and all.

EDIT: NINJA'D! xP

OH. F*CK

I thought It was daddies only.... THANK YOU, MR. APPLE MAN!.

So... say I pass down a Jump kick from mommy, and a bullet punch from daddy....

My set could be very possible?

Yep.

Or you could make Smeargle Sketch both of the moves and voila, you're good to go.

Thanks, dude.

What about sacred sword... If I had a friend of mine scetch my sacred sword... could I then have a sacred sword Lucario?

Or is that impossible... it's not listed remotely in his egg moves.

Edited by WrathN'Resolve

I appreciate your opinion, and I'm now leaning toward Close combat now, but I'm kinda set in my want for bullet punch, as it can hit ghost types if I need to priority finish them

(say I use crunch on gengar, now he's lowish next turn I use a priority that can hit him, like a steel type move, matching the criteria of bullet punch.)

Jolly Mega Lucario (base 112 Speed) outspeeds and OHKOs Scarf-less Gengar (base 110 Speed) with Crunch:

252 Atk Mega Lucario Crunch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 286-338 (109.1 - 129%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Gengar needs 104 HP EVs in order to survive even an unboosted Crunch, but people seldom run that much bulk on Gengar. Crunch is sufficient to deal with most Gengar.

Finally...I'm probably gonna stay adamant due to the fact that I like it, I already have it, and it seems more tactical:

Jolly Mega Lucario hits the premiere physical tanks just fine:

+2 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 322-380 (96.4 - 113.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 396-466 (93.3 - 109.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

+2 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Hippowdon: 448-528 (106.6 - 125.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The important kills that Adamant Mega Lucario fails to secure include, but are not limited to:

+2 252 Atk Mega Lucario Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Latias: 414-488 (113.7 - 134%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Mega Lucario Crunch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 454-536 (150.3 - 177.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Mega Lucario Crunch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 286-338 (109.1 - 129%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I obviously can't force you to go one way or the other, but Jolly is more likely to pay off.

Same principal as aegislash.

Enemy hits me

closecombat (dropsdefense and sp defense, becomes glass cannon)

bullet punch finish

boosted stab from mega lucario gives him more powa, added to his adamant nature, and... yeah.

Mega Lucario's Adaptability-boosted Bullet Punch has effectively 80 BP, the same as Extremespeed. Extremespeed deals more damage against Thundurus-I and Talonflame, both of whom can stop Mega Lucario if it's running Bullet Punch over ES:

+2 252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 138-163 (46.4 - 54.8%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 140-165 (46.6 - 55%) -- 66.4% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Mega Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 275-324 (92.5 - 109%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Mega Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 278-328 (92.6 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

The defense drops can often be played around given Mega Lucario's high speed and ES. You also don't have to use CC right away against bulkier opponents; for example, against 252 HP / 72+ Def Mega Venusaur, using Crunch followed by CC secures the kill without letting Mega Venusaur take advantage of the defense drop.

edit: while these calculations assume Lv. 100 Pokemon, the results do not change qualitatively at Lv. 50

Edited by Miikaya

Um... Moves passed down have to be egg moves, so no, Lucario can't get Sacred Sword.

If you check Serebii, they show which egg moves Riolu can get.

Gotcha, it was a stretch anyway, thank you.

walking away with a build consisting of

Male

Adamant

Any of the passives

Jump Kick

Bullet punch

Crunch

Sword dance

Lucarionite

252 atttack

252 speed

6 hp

Or how about...

Lucario @Lucarionite

Justified (maybe you can switch into a Dark-type attack...) -> Adaptability

252Atk/4SpAtk (or 4HP)/252Spd

Naive/Jolly

Close Combat

Extreme Speed/Bullet Punch

-Other

-Moves

Well as it stands, I'm just going with physical attacks, making Jolly or Adamant optimal.

Justified is hard to find, and I can't depend on people using dark type moves... so I'll take what I can get.

Bullet punch gets double stab, so it's optimal over extremespeed

I... don't know why you didn't put down sword dance... it's what I haven't wavered on this whole time

Finally, I chose crunch because it is a physical move that can break ghosts and psychic.

Alright then. Jolly it is then. Seriously. You want that speed.

Justified isn't too hard to get, and it's just a plus, not necessary. Inner Focus and Steadfast don't mind many uses... But if you're going to choose one of them, choose Inner Focus.

Even with STAB and Adaptability, Bullet Punch has the same power as Extreme Speed. Of course, it has more PP and has a type that's good for Ice-, Rock-, and Fairy-types, but it has less priority than Bullet Punch. PP isn't a big deal in regular battles, and the Close Combat covers Ice and Rock, making Bullet Punch... not all too useful.

Fair enough.

EDIT: In which case...

Lucario @Lucarionite

Inner Focus/Justified (maybe you can switch into a Dark-type attack...) -> Adaptability

4HP/252Atk/252Spd

Jolly

-Close Combat

-Extreme Speed

-Crunch

-Swords Dance

...Earthquake seems pretty okay, too...

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Alright then. Jolly it is then. Seriously. You want that speed.

Justified isn't too hard to get, and it's just a plus, not necessary. Inner Focus and Steadfast don't mind many uses... But if you're going to choose one of them, choose Inner Focus.

Even with STAB and Adaptability, Bullet Punch has the same power as Extreme Speed. Of course, it has more PP and has a type that's good for Ice-, Rock-, and Fairy-types, but it has less priority than Bullet Punch. PP isn't a big deal in regular battles, and the Close Combat covers Ice and Rock, making Bullet Punch... not all too useful.

Fair enough.

EDIT: In which case...

Lucario @Lucarionite

Inner Focus/Justified (maybe you can switch into a Dark-type attack...) -> Adaptability

4HP/252Atk/4SpAtk/252Spd

Jolly

-Close Combat

-Extreme Speed

-Crunch

-Swords Dance

...Earthquake seems pretty okay, too...

That... looks fantastic. Thank you.

That leaves with the issue of crunch.

Edited by WrathN'Resolve