Most overrated character!

UberJoshua

Is it just me, or didn't we have like 5 threads like this already?

As for me...I just loathe the term ''overrated''. When people use it, if often boils down to ''I don't like this character but he/she has many fans, therefore he/she is overrated and the majority is wrong''. A more suitable title should be ''characters I dislike yet everyone else seem to love''

Agreed.

As for me, I think Validar is overrated.

Tharja. An overrated, abusive, pile of fanservice. Welcome to the internet. Where people only like characters because of fanservice. Why do you think so many people like Tharja? Because of the Dark Mage/Sorcerer outfit. Her personality is crap.

Everyone that's not Cherche, Priam, Inigo, Brady, Lon'qu, Maribelle or Sumia

come at me

You forgot Virion. Virion is among the most gr9 of Team Underrated. Kellam is god tier Underrated lol

Cordelia. By miles.

Oh yes. Shes a good serviceable unit and has a nice design, but she gets a lot of love for things i just cannot see. I had my LokiAvatar marry her and their supports were rather dull.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Tharja. She's definitely overrated too. It seems like most of her fans just like her because of her design. :/

I like Virion a lot for his design. Is that bad? You like Frederick for his design. Its not a bad thing to like a character for their design. What people do with Tharja can be really aggravating. Id say that the hate she gets from corners of the fanbase amps up the overratedness. Shes overrated in terms of Deeply Horribleness. Theres rarely anyone in between. Shes either the worst person in the universe, or has one hell of a Freudian Excuse. What about those of us who love her because shes so...creepy and hilarious? Seriously, she makes me laugh. I have a morbid sense of humor. Henry puts me in fits of the giggles!

Gaius has a metric fuck ton of fangirls that i wasnt even aware of until i took a stroll to tumblr. Wow. Just wow! I mean, the guy is pretty cool and hes a good unit (when the RNG doesnt buttrape me), but.... DAMN. Donnel is also really overrated by the casual fanbase. Hes cool but hes hard as fuck to train.

I personally think Lucina deserves the love she gets.

I like Virion a lot for his design. Is that bad? You like Frederick for his design. Its not a bad thing to like a character for their design.

No, I meant ONLY the design. We both know we like these characters for more than just what they look like.

Edited by Anacybele

As for me...I just loathe the term ''overrated''. When people use it, if often boils down to ''I don't like this character but he/she has many fans, therefore he/she is overrated and the majority is wrong''. A more suitable title should be ''characters I dislike yet everyone else seem to love''

Thank God that not only did someone say this, other people agreed or said the same thing.

I don't think there's a word in this language I dislike more than "overrated." It's never used well and the results of its use are almost always bad.

No one is overrated. So there.

Thank God that not only did someone say this, other people agreed or said the same thing.

I don't think there's a word in this language I dislike more than "overrated." It's never used well and the results of its use are almost always bad.

What if I said the word "Sword Art Online"?

None of them. Every character in this game is underrated due to the fact they're all considered overrated.

Since when are the "Spotpass Six" (Aversa, Emmeryn, Walhart, Priam, Yen'fay and Gangrel) considered "overrated"?

Tharja. An overrated, abusive, pile of fanservice. Welcome to the internet. Where people only like characters because of fanservice. Why do you think so many people like Tharja? Because of the Dark Mage/Sorcerer outfit. Her personality is crap.

Overrated, darlings; not overhated. I will point out that I, myself, quite enjoy Tharja and am a gay male so people can take their fanservice generalizations and choke on 'em.

And that's the T.

Overrated, darlings; not overhated. I will point out that I, myself, quite enjoy Tharja and am a gay male so people can take their fanservice generalizations and choke on 'em.

Look at other Forums. They LOVE Tharja. If you actually like Tharja for her character, I won't argue with you. However, most of the people who actually like Tharja is due to fanservice. You can't deny that part.

Edited by Gaius217

Look at other Forums. They LOVE Tharja. If you actually like Tharja for her character, I won't argue with you. However, most of the people who actually like Tharja is due to fanservice. You can't deny that part.

No, you're right, I know. Still, for every character that is loved for fanservice, there will be people that like them for reasons not including said fanservice. And SF can be very hipster about a lot of things.

Tharja, Noire, and Donnel are overrated tbh. Only reason for which Donnel is used as a father is so that he passes down Merc and Pegasus Knight classes. Tharja suffers from terrible starting skill for her level (heck, you need a fire/elwind tome for her to get 100 baseline hit). Noire by extension is just a slightly improved Tharja

I greatly dislike Ike. I don't like his personality (or lack thereof), he's really generic, and has pretty much no story role in FE9/10 other than to fight the Black Knight and kill the Goddess (stealing the spotlight from Micaiah and Elincia in the process.)

He's boring and plain, much more so than the other lords, even though they are boring and plain as well.

Plus he's not even cute

ilu no homo

Oh, this topic again. Fire up the popcorn folks, it'll be a bumpy ride.

• 3 weeks later...

Lucina, Tharja, Chrom, Gaius, and Cordelia, for the majority of their fanbase. Also Maribelle, at least on this forum, a lot of people seem to really like her. Granted, I haven't explored her supports much, but from what I've seen, aside from one support with Libra and one with Chrom, she seems pretty snobbish.

Tharja and Donnel. Tharja just didn't do for me what Henry did gameplay-wise (and her personality isn't a winner), while Donnel needs a Second Seal in order to even function if you try to level him past his crappy bases (though his personality is alright).

My opinion is Donnel and Owain, especially from the "support" (I hesitate to use that word) Owain gets on a certain website filled with 11 year olds who stay up all night playing Call of Duty and Halo. Donnel is the other one, because... have you ever tried to use him on Lunatic+?

My opinion is Donnel and Owain, especially from the "support" (I hesitate to use that word) Owain gets on a certain website filled with 11 year olds who stay up all night playing Call of Duty and Halo. Donnel is the other one, because... have you ever tried to use him on Lunatic+?

Actually, I managed to get Donnel a levelup on turn 1 (Game only cleared till chapter 4, no spotpass summons nor logbook recruits)

• 4 years later...