Most overrated character!

UberJoshua

Hi guys, thanks for clicking on my topic. To me, there's always a character in fire emblem games that everybody loves but, if you look at their stats, they are usually average at best. But this isn't just about stats, its also about personality, which, for example, I thought Miriel's personality was always really annoying, while some people really liked it. Stat-wise, (i understand that he helps on lunatic/lunatic+ before you can grind but his stats are bad compared to a just promoted Stahl or Sully)I thought Frederick was really overrated, just as most Jagen archetypes are (with the exception of Seth, he was a boss). Anways leave you most overrated characters down below.

Anacybele would hate you for hating on Frederick.

No, I would not. That would be stupid. He's allowed to hate Frederick if he wants, even if it DOES disappoint me that someone could hate him this much.

Anyway, I find Chrom and Lucina to be horribly overrated. They're not bad as units, but as characters? They get too much love and their fanbases are really annoying sometimes. People thinking Lucina would replace Marth in Smash Bros? Chrom being the "best" husband for Female Avatar simply because he's the cute main character and such? Yeah, just no. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with liking either of them, just that there's a line that shouldn't be crossed.

You don't see me saying Frederick is the best husband for the Female Avatar simply because he's a hot knight in shining armor (not to mention this can also apply to Stahl) or that he should replace anyone in Smash Bros. (I think he should be an assist trophy, actually).

Edited by Anacybele

I think Panne is overrated. Yeah she can be really good if you SS her into a Dracoknight, but it kind of limits you a lot in terms of other units, because presumably you're giving a SS to Avatar, and there are a lot of other units who would like one as well, and she gimps them. Yeah Panne with a SS is better than any of them with an SS but meh. Also she's clear fanservice and that annoys me when it's that blatant.

I don't think many people ever suggested that Lucina was going to replace Marth- most people were talking about her replacing Ike, or Masked Marth being a possible skin for Marth. Also, comparing people suggesting Lucina for SSB with people suggesting Fred is dumb. Lucina is a main character, and Fred is a supporting character. Lucina being in SSB as a representation of FE makes sense; Fred doesn't.

No, I would not. That would be stupid. He's allowed to hate Frederick if he wants, even if it DOES disappoint me that someone could hate him this much.

I never claimed to hate him, I just said he was overrated, personality-wise he is absolutely hilarious (pick a god and pray always cracks me up) I just don't believe he deserves all the love he gets.

I don't think many people ever suggested that Lucina was going to replace Marth- most people were talking about her replacing Ike, or Masked Marth being a possible skin for Marth. Also, comparing people suggesting Lucina for SSB with people suggesting Fred is dumb. Lucina is a main character, and Fred is a supporting character. Lucina being in SSB as a representation of FE makes sense; Fred doesn't.

I agree that it would be hard to justify him as a main character, but as Anacybele said, i think it would be awesome to see Marth, Chrom, or Ike call out the knight in shining armor himself to murderize Pit or Olimar. Also, I'd like to see how you can justify Lucina as a main character.

I'd have to agree with Panne being overrated for the reasons BBM stated. Granted, reclassing her to Wyvern Rider makes her a potent unit, but Second Seals are rare early on (and even if you lucked out with an Anna shop, 2500 gold isn't a pittance early on).

Edited by Levant Fortner

I greatly dislike Ike. I don't like his personality (or lack thereof), he's really generic, and has pretty much no story role in FE9/10 other than to fight the Black Knight and kill the Goddess (stealing the spotlight from Micaiah and Elincia in the process.)

He's boring and plain, much more so than the other lords, even though they are boring and plain as well.

Plus he's not even cute

Except I was comparing to ME suggesting Frederick, not other people. xP

I never claimed to hate him, I just said he was overrated, personality-wise he is absolutely hilarious (pick a god and pray always cracks me up) I just don't believe he deserves all the love he gets.

Funny, as a unit, people always say Frederick falls behind towards the end without reclassing. They never say he's that great except in Lunatic mode. And also funny, I don't think he gets enough love.

I'm honestly rather surprised that so many Awakening fangirls marry their Avatars to Chrom, the blundering idiot when it comes to women, rather than someone like Frederick who clearly knows how to treat and charm a lady. He's the very personification of chivalry, if you ask me! He buys his lady jewelry, he'd give her the moon (yes, I do like that line from his support with Sumia, I fully admit it), he kneels and kisses her hand. And he doesn't act like a total doofus when expressing his love. He may be a tad nervous (as shown in the S support with Cordelia), but for the most part, he remains calm and collected. I doubt many men could do as well as he does with the emotions of love.

Frederick honestly deserves more respect than he thinks. He might not understand the consequences of his actions sometimes (like with the naked Chrom poster thing) and how they might make others feel (reminds me of my own troubles with that...), but he's got a big heart, this guy. And he works really hard for the Shepherds. He trains a lot, does a lot of chores, he serves as a bodyguard, and hell, he even makes clothes for them! AND he can do all of these things for hours on end before getting tired! And did I mention he can get rid of a cold simply by sneezing once? Not only does he have a body of steel, he has an immune system of steel too. I really gotta hand it to him. He's amazing in how he does all this. He's serious and tough on the outside, but those manly tears, bear hugs, and that fear of wild animals show a softer side behind that. See why I call him a lovable cuddly Freddy Bear? :P

I greatly dislike Ike. I don't like his personality (or lack thereof), he's really generic, and has pretty much no story role in FE9/10 other than to fight the Black Knight and kill the Goddess (stealing the spotlight from Micaiah and Elincia in the process.)

He's boring and plain, much more so than the other lords, even though they are boring and plain as well.

Plus he's not even cute

I think this implied FE13 only

Is it just me, or didn't we have like 5 threads like this already?
As for me...I just loathe the term ''overrated''. When people use it, if often boils down to ''I don't like this character but he/she has many fans, therefore he/she is overrated and the majority is wrong''. A more suitable title should be ''characters I dislike yet everyone else seem to love''

As for me...I just loathe the term ''overrated''. When people use it, if often boils down to ''I don't like this character but he/she has many fans, therefore he/she is overrated and the majority is wrong''. A more suitable title should be ''characters I dislike yet everyone else seem to love''

I'm sure you're right. And TBH, I think "overrated character" threads are overdone to the point of irritation as well, primarily because of lack of meaningful discussion and the fact that such threads are liable to devolve into pissing contests.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Cordelia, Tharja and Lucina.

None of them. Every character in this game is underrated due to the fact they're all considered overrated.

That's some backwards ass logic. Outside of forums like these, the characters that are called 'overrated' here gets lots of unnecessary (imo) love.

That's some backwards ass logic. Outside of forums like these, the characters that are called 'overrated' here gets lots of unnecessary (imo) love.

I know. I was just trying to be funny. :P

I see what you mean, though. Owain was hyped up at the FE13 board over at GameFAQs.

I was going to say Geese from FE 6 or Fir,as well as Joshua from FE 8 and Gerik until I realized this was Fire Emblem Awakening so...

Despite I like Gaius,I think he is kinda overrated,considering the fangirls,but I really like Gaius too so no hate on him,as well I think that Gregor is overrated,an old Mercenary with a Hulk reference and a Russian accent,makes someone very likable for some reason,although I would say Henry is also overrated,I find that the praise he gets isn't overrated,like the amount praise is just enough.Tharja is overrated,grim creepy stalker lady,gives her too much hate,she just wants you,she likes everything of you,she can't help.

List of Overrated Awakening characters:

-Chrom

-Gaius

-Gregor

-Tharja

-Lucina

-Owain

-Severa

-Sumia

-Cordelia

-Cherche

-Lissa

-Nowi

-Gerome

-Nah

-Lon'qu

Long list huh ._.

If their were topics like this already, I didn't see them, sorry.

Olivia. She's actually pretty useful but only ever lasts for about two turns because although I try to train her she just dies because she's so bloody weak. Also her personality is just annoying and to me it makes no sense that she dresses in a provocative manner and dances yet she's incredibly self conscious. It's stupid. And her fanboys terrify me

I'd say none. Most people calling something overrated are just complaining about something they dislike being popular, and most people calling something underrated are just complaining about something they like being unpopular.

Edited by Kamina