Saddest part of the game.

I got teary-eyed when:

-I saw Emmeryn fall on my first playthrough.

-Chapter 10 started, especially at the Mustafa/Soldier conversation.

-Lucina revealed her identity to Chrom.

I also read some of the quotes from the DLC, and from Future Past, Yarne and Severa had some of the sadder death quotes in my opinion:

Yarne
I don't care if I die out... But please...not the others...

Severa
D-did I fight well, Mother? Please tell me...I...

I think he would work best if you found him at the start of Cht.22, reluctantly following his family to Grima's Table, and he agreed to help you stop Grima to save his family. That would be a cool way to recruit him.

Cervantes should be recruitable, too, but he should have a more difficult objective, such as beating Cht.20 without killing him.

Yen'fay and Say'ri... Excellus had some good writing in that chapter, but Say'ri's "resistance" is completely invisible, not even a single troop, she has no supports, and her country isn't even on the map, which makes it a little hard to care about her.

I think we all know that the boss of the chapter should have been cervantes beard instead of walmart. His beard was actually the puppeteer behind everything! The war with plegia, the grimleal cult, walmarts attacks, EVERYTHING. Screw that pansy validar, he has nothing on the most beautiful and breath-taking piece of man-fur ever to be grown by a mortal man.

...-cough- I apologize for that

OT: Mostly what's already been said. CynthiaxChrom father daughter supports, the entirety of the future past DLC, and of course chapter 10 gets me all teary eyed. This game may have some big character and pacing flaws, but it does sad moments fairly well for the most part.

For some reason, I thought I hadn't posted in this thread and ended up reposting what I already said.

To add to what I said, the children supports and FoD can be pretty heart-wrenching.

Edited by LuxSpes

The scene at the beginning of chapter 21.

Chapter 10, mainly because of the music.

Chapter 10 was really well-done overall. The music, the rain, the conversation between Mustafa and his men... oh yeah, and the Henry supports where he talks about his former comrades that you, the player, killed aren't sad so much as really, really sick.

So much of this game plays with your emotions that it's hard to pick just one sad moment.

The Emmeryn falling scene and the aftermath, Chapter 10, really hit me hard. The music really didn't help much either. :P

Lucina's scene with Chrom after Ch.13, especially when she herself starts crying is also a powerful scene.

And pretty much anything involving the children having to return back to their former time. It hits especially hard if they're your own kids or wife. As a guy who married Lucina, that scene with the murder was...just wow.

Edited by Athena

I agree with the whole of Chapter 10, but I do have a problem with that chapter. It feels horribly wrong that after finishing Chapter 9, the game lets you access the overworld map and even play Paralogues, DLC and Skirmishes. Chapter 10 should start right away, with no breaks and no option to exit the map. Only then the impact from the previous events are not lost.

Edited by Jave

Well, a lot of people, on their first playthroughs, will just rush straight into the next chapter anyways. But I definitely do see what you're saying.

Instead, not only can you access the world map, but a new paralogue opens up! Huzzah for immersion breakers.

Both Gaiden and Sacred Stones had the sense to force you into certain chapters like Duma's Tower and Alm getting trapped with Zombie Dragons. Or Eirika's party being forced to fight off Valter and Caellach.

So why this isn't the case in Awakening, I don't even know.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Both Gaiden and Sacred Stones had the sense to force you into certain chapters like Duma's Tower and Alm getting trapped with Zombie Dragons. Or Eirika's party being forced to fight off Valter and Caellach.

Speaking of Sacred Stones, Mustafa reminds me a lot of Selena, except he had no role in the story outside of his chapter.

I think I'm the only one who was most upset by Basilio's death or..."death".

Alas, poor Basilio. He wanted so badly to be the next Dorias, but the writers simply wouldn't have it...