If Fe5 were remade.. Now including fe4 discussion

Jedi

What would you want to see changed, altered etc if anything? Thracia has so many interesting mechanics I was curious to see what people would want. Heck I expect an answer relating to an avatar maybe from a few

All I feel the game needs is stronger foes and dismounted units to be able to use their original weapon. Maybe make supports more akin to Fe9 which I felt did the system the best.

Edited by Jedi Fon Fabre

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking on a FE4 remake, though. More improved though. Although the attck with Javelin and equip swd was quite a tricky mechanic.

I liked that about fe4. Matter of fact I do love quite a few of fe4's mechanics too haha

My thought for Fe4 was to add sieges and dismount. Each castle must be taken from the outside and inside. This could also split the game into more chapters and have more dialog

I liked that about fe4. Matter of fact I do love quite a few of fe4's mechanics too haha

My thought for Fe4 was to add sieges and dismount. Each castle must be taken from the outside and inside. This could also split the game into more chapters and have more dialog

Yeah, and more character development would be appreciated as well.

Most of FE5's mechanics are still fine. The game doesn't need reclassing and it really doesn't need My Unit. Updated graphics is a given, and I'm thinking escape maps would be made more user friendly. The game in general would have more hints and perhaps a tutorial about what to do. Night combat would probably be closer to fog of war instead where you could glance what the map actually looks like rather than a thick black screen.

If they go the SD route, people will complain they didnt change anything. If they go the New Mystery route, there will be butthurt fans because they change this and that. I'd want an FE4 remake, but like, I don't see it happening for a good while...

Edited by PKL

You know what would be hilarious? An FE5 Lunatic mode.

There is something called Super Thracia you should check out :P

Most of FE5's mechanics are still fine. The game doesn't need reclassing and it really doesn't need My Unit. Updated graphics is a given, and I'm thinking escape maps would be made more user friendly. The game in general would have more hints and perhaps a tutorial about what to do. Night combat would probably be closer to fog of war instead where you could glance what the map actually looks like rather than a thick black screen.

I agree, reclassing and avatar shouldn't be in fe5. But if they try it I suppose it would be interesting to see the attempt.

All I'd ask for in FE4s case is to do something about that trading method and improve on the dismounting feature, other than that, flesh the chars a little more, and that's it really...

Jedi didn't quote me ;_;. I will commit zepukku ;_;

That's because you posted right as I did.

All I'd ask for in FE4s case is to do something about that trading method and improve on the dismounting feature, other than that, flesh the chars a little more, and that's it really...

Trading items was an interesting ordeal but I agree it probably should be revamped

even this is unnecessary. a better weapon rank system would do instead.

Like varying weapon exp and different required exp for each level, or did you have something else in mind?

Anyway, surprised no one said this yet: the ability to reposition units in the battle prep screen.

Like varying weapon exp and different required exp for each level, or did you have something else in mind?

probably both, and maybe also incorporate the kill WEXP bonus. units who start at E rank are screwed. dismounting to swords wouldn't be a problem for most mounted units if their sword ranks didn't blow.

Mounted units should have higher indoor weapon rank and armour knight movement. A character like Othin who has been walking since childhood not being able to walk further than somebody who has split his time between walking and riding is just silly.

The penalty for fatigue could be made a steadily increasing stat penalty rather than a sudden forced benching. Warp staves and the like should be nerfed or made rarer.

I guess selecting map formations and a larger item storage are pretty much all I'd like.

Well, I guess I would throw out the scrolls. They make ramming caps way to easy.

I don't really want to see this game's graphics overhauled. I think this game is still the most beautiful looking Fire Emblem.

Mounted units should have higher indoor weapon rank and armour knight movement. A character like Othin who has been walking since childhood not being able to walk further than somebody who has split his time between walking and riding is just silly.

Ooh, I like that idea.

I guess selecting map formations and a larger item storage are pretty much all I'd like.

I don't really want to see this game's graphics overhauled. I think this game is still the most beautiful looking Fire Emblem.

A double YES to the selecting map formations and to larger storage. I'd prefer any remake of FE5 kept Fatigue and Capture and most of Thracia's other quirks, though. I do agree with adding a player tutorial in some form, which by this point is standard for FE games. No Avatar please-- some kind of godlike wall-busting self-insert is totally at odds with the spirit of this game.

Yeah, FE5 is beautiful. FE9 had horrible animations, the DS-era graphics were kind of an acquired taste (I loved FE11 but really now) and FE13's art went in some weird directions. FE5 is just fine, thanks.

Remove the bullsh** hit rate 99 cap/ 1 floor. Also, remove stave accuracy/missing. Edit: Perhaps remove double casting as well.

I'm probably going to get a lot of flak for this, but I think they should remove that "move again" mechanic. It's just one more random thing fpr the player to worry about.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do certain enemies have their AIs randomized(i.e., they move in random patterns)? If so, remove that.

Capture and Fatigue are fine. Dismounting would be fine with some tweaking. I think Dondon or someone suggested that mounted units use the same weapons on their horse that they use off it, but just have separate weapon ranks for it.

For more specific suggestions, I'd like to see Xavier's recruitment be made easier. Even with the current criteria, this could be done by making the Leonster knights not move, or possibly by giving them Irons or something instead of Hammers and Killer Lances. You could also make it so that the Leonster knights don't attack NPCs.

Perhaps, to make the game more accessible, there could be an easy mode that reduces fatigue penalties, reduces prices, and increases EXP gain?

Edited by shinpichu

FE5 don't really need remake. This game is just good as it is. I would change only animations (they aren't bad, but they are too old for today), mugs (lol, many of them are so lazy done) and some changes in music. Maybe add support conversation (however, support system is okay) and make some characters more balanced. FE5 cast is probably most balanced in series, but still it isn't that. Marty need to be better. Shanam need to be better. Miranda need to be better. Archers overall need to be better (maybe if we make them rangers, who can use both swords and bows they they would be worth using).

And some characters need to be less dull. Like Marty, or Eyrios, or Ralf, or Roran, or Misha or Fred or Trewd... Probably more that half of cast.