Fe6: (R)FEmastered

Jedi

There is a project I've had on my mind for awhile, although being at job corps kinda restricts my time to do anything especially with KP starting next Friday for me.

anyways the concepts, this would be Fe6 made on the Fe8 engine. The story would be revamped a fair bit and there would be two parties (think Fe2 or TRS) one led by Roy and the other Lilina, the cast of Fe6 would be divided between the two thereby allowing a more balanced game. Not to mention stat changes more classes, thieves would promote, Roy would promote in a reasonable time and his stats would actually be decent.

All new maps with some of the originals being used

Cavaliers would become like their fe9 selves aka Mono weapon. With the two teams the various split paths would both be followed.

Hit rates would be much more reliable and thrones not as much of a pain.

Fe5 PCC and possibly fatigue would be integrated thanks to Cam

Promotion items would all be Master Seals to allow people to use their favorites more easily with promotions.

Possible new prfs and prfs for non Roy people. Such as a Judgral styled Fire Sword for Roy

3x effectiveness would remain. As would Swordmaster and Zerker 30% crit and Snipers would join their ranks

Archers and Healers would have a greater experience gain.

Weapon ranks would be easier to up, support rates will be ridiculously high in comparison.

Unsure how to divide the partied equally and make sense currently.

I will make a document when I can but all I have is my phone I am writing this on currently

Edited by Jedisupersorry

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds interesting! Well except the title, not going to lie that sounds DUMB. Good thing that takes basically no effort or skill to change so who cares. But yeah, time to comment on the actual ideas;

-FE8 engine is cool also it has the best GBA font ##priorities

-I really like the 2 party idea, but not sure how it would work wrt supports

-All new maps with some originals being used? Does that mean it will have more new maps than originals?

-Sure, mono weapon cavaliers, why not

-Hit rates being +10% is cool

-Don't really see how PCC would improve the experience (if anything it would just make you need to rebalance things even more), fatigue might be OK but with split teams it might not be worth it

-Everything else seems fine

So the parties would split up between the Sacae and Ilia route? And if so, each chapter would take place after the other(Example: Roy's 19B then Lilina's 19B comes next)?

Edit: For supports, the units could send messager birds.

Edited by AllAroundGamer9

Maybe for the division of the armies/stories, have one character's storylines focus on the political aspect of the story, and another focus on the supernatural/lore aspect. So, Lilina might begin by going around Lycia and realising there's a revolt on the rise, and gets imprisoned. Meanwhile, Roy's comes through and rescues Lilina. Afterwards, they could split up: Roy's journey might lead him towards Nabata and another location where he would learn more about the Scouring and its relevance to the overall plot. Meanwhile, Lilina could head to Etruria/Western Isles and her story would focus on politics. You'd probably need a bit of a personality shift for both characters but perhaps that might be one way to do it? As for all the other characters, you can change their motivations/where they happen to be fairly easily (FE is good like this for the most part).

The story would be revamped a fair bit and there would be two parties (think Fe2 or TRS) one led by Roy and the other Lilina, the cast of Fe6 would be divided between the two thereby allowing a more balanced game.

What about Guinevere :p

Cavaliers would become like their fe9 selves aka Mono weapon.

/hopes for FE9 Paladins

As would Swordmaster and Zerker 30% crit and Snipers would join their ranks
/hopes ballista lose their ability to crit Edited by X-Naut

Maybe for the division of the armies/stories, have one character's storylines focus on the political aspect of the story, and another focus on the supernatural/lore aspect. So, Lilina might begin by going around Lycia and realising there's a revolt on the rise, and gets imprisoned. Meanwhile, Roy's comes through and rescues Lilina. Afterwards, they could split up: Roy's journey might lead him towards Nabata and another location where he would learn more about the Scouring and its relevance to the overall plot. Meanwhile, Lilina could head to Etruria/Western Isles and her story would focus on politics. You'd probably need a bit of a personality shift for both characters but perhaps that might be one way to do it? As for all the other characters, you can change their motivations/where they happen to be fairly easily (FE is good like this for the most part).

But wouldn't that change most of the story all together?

Sounds interesting! Well except the title, not going to lie that sounds DUMB. Good thing that takes basically no effort or skill to change so who cares. But yeah, time to comment on the actual ideas;

-FE8 engine is cool also it has the best GBA font ##priorities

-I really like the 2 party idea, but not sure how it would work wrt supports

-All new maps with some originals being used? Does that mean it will have more new maps than originals?

-Sure, mono weapon cavaliers, why not

-Hit rates being +10% is cool

-Don't really see how PCC would improve the experience (if anything it would just make you need to rebalance things even more), fatigue might be OK but with split teams it might not be worth it

-Everything else seems fine

Well Refa the name is subject to change I kinda bsed it, also the fe5 ideas may not be for the best yea.

This could be a possibility I thank you for sharing.

What about Guinevere :p

/hopes for FE9 Paladins

/hopes ballista lose their ability to crit

Do people want Guinevere playable? I was hoping to expand Sue's role personally but if people want Guinevere to lose the Nyna role that's fine.

Fe9 styled paladins may be tricky I was thinking more the fe4/5 approach, Duke, Great, Free Knights

Killer Ballista Gone? We'll see

I like the idea, but my only thought is about the sheer LENGTH of the development. It'd probably have to be a really, REALLY good hacking team, too, like Elibian Nights', or The Last Promise's. (The credits tell you a lot.) Elibian Nights could give you a bit of inspiration on how to do things like what you have in mind, take a good long look at it.

In my experiences, Wolt is actually pretty amazing given a B Support with Roy.

But wouldn't that change most of the story all together?

The story would be revamped a fair bit

You can have the same central plot ideas but still have them take place at different times/with different characters.

@OP: From a technical perspective, using FE8 would be remarkably difficult unless you're happy to use Grado's world map. Not a lot is known about that world map and very few people are interested in looking into it so unless you are willing learn a lot about hacking. In addition to this, much of Cam's routines will likely be available only on FE7. Finally, doing events in FE8 is really weird and not very well documented. That said, if you're still willing to use FE8 as your base, it'd be a welcome change from all the FE7 hacks.

Edited by Agro

I like the idea, but my only thought is about the sheer LENGTH of the development. It'd probably have to be a really, REALLY good hacking team, too, like Elibian Nights', or The Last Promise's. (The credits tell you a lot.) Elibian Nights could give you a bit of inspiration on how to do things like what you have in mind, take a good long look at it.

In my experiences, Wolt is actually pretty amazing given a B Support with Roy.

A team? I'm not so fortunate, I have to learn this all from scratch and I have no team and no respect in the community therefore the chances of getting one. Are zero

You can have the same central plot ideas but still have them take place at different times/with different characters.

@OP: From a technical perspective, using FE8 would be remarkably difficult unless you're happy to use Grado's world map. Not a lot is known about that world map and very few people are interested in looking into it so unless you are willing learn a lot about hacking. In addition to this, much of Cam's routines will likely be available only on FE7. Finally, doing events in FE8 is really weird and not very well documented. That said, if you're still willing to use FE8 as your base, it'd be a welcome change from all the FE7 hacks.

The reason to use fe8 is to stand out honestly. I'm stubborn but it may go to fe7 at some point but it would fall into obscurity from that simple fact alone that I can't compete with stuff like Elibian nights.

i'd hate to be a negative nancy (i prefer the term "realist"), but you're never going to get this done.

but in any case, i understand the urge to make your idea known.

You are most likely right. But hey I may as well try when I can Edited by Jedi Fon Fabre

The reason to use fe8 is to stand out honestly. I'm stubborn but it may go to fe7 at some point but it would fall into obscurity from that simple fact alone that I can't compete with stuff like Elibian nights.

You are most likely right. But hey I may as well try when I can

In all honesty, whilst FE8 has a few neat things, FE7 would probably be a better base engine considering the limitations. It's a big idea, and would probably take a while to get anything done, but if you need any help or guidance, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand.

I'd like to help, I have experience in hacking fe7! Granted my sole production is four fairly simple chapters that have never been released, but it's better than nothing? And even if we have about as much chance of actually finishing it as Merlinus does of maxing his level, it might still be a fun ride!

I really like this idea Jedi. I'm not really too knowledgeable about hacking FE as of right now, but I would love to see this hack go farther. I would love there to be massive improvements to FE6, as this will greatly enhance several people's experiences with it I feel. :D

Yeah, same here, this idea has potential :D

Agro's idea sounds like a good baseline too.

However it would be a lot of work, I suggest you do perhaps the first five chapters and then see if you're still motivated

A team? I'm not so fortunate, I have to learn this all from scratch and I have no team and no respect in the community therefore the chances of getting one. Are zero

You are most likely right. But hey I may as well try when I can

Don't shoot yourself in the foot before you even start just because you're stubborn. Hacks don't fall into obscurity because they're not as good as TLP or Elibian Nights- they fall into obscurity because 90% of them never get finished. If you actually accomplish what you want to, the engine it's on won't make that much of a difference. Besides, you're not really going to be competing with Elibian Nights anyways; that's an original hack while what you're planning is a FE6 rebalance, even if you build it from scratch.

PCC and 30% crit don't belong together IMO. Even if you implement the bit where crit maxes out at 25 for the first hit, any SM/Zerk/Sniper with a PCC of even 2 will be rocking 100% crit on every single second attack with a Killer weapon.

Wouldn't that still be 90% crit? I mean yeah enemy luck but it's not like your SMs/Snipers would be devoid of skill (Berserkers maybe though). I guess you could be cruel and give all +30% crit units 0PCC, man that would be so awesome hehehehehe

Edited by Refa