Which unit would you choose to promote early?

Fargo294

When I was a wee noob, I used to promote gerik as soon as i got him (I can practically hear the facepalms).

Heh, that's not even bad decision. Erly promoted Gerik is kinda nice with FE8 enemy's lolbases. In Erika's route he still double (with ranger promo, because ranger has superior movement) for most time and when a little bit quicker enemies come he should have enough exp to get some lvl up.

And units who really like to get promo ASAP:

-Franz

-Cormag

-Tana

-Moulder

-Most of FE8 cast

-Halv of FE6 cast

-Many units in FE7...

Really... I don't know how people can play without promote early. It's makes everything a lot easier.

I used to promote my units immediately once I got my promotion items until I realised that it's better to let the characters get to level 20 first.

I think that healers are useful to promote first though. In drafts, promoting one of the early magic users to get an extra healer is never bad. Even if their stats end up too horrible to fight well, they will still end up being useful as healers.

Edited by FleurDeGlace

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Cannot say I've ever promoted early. I don't do it, ever.

Maybe Sain, but that's it. In one of my FE7 playthroughs, I had Priscilla level 20/18 by Epilogue.

Valkyries like that bring inevitable doom.

O'course, FE8 is kinda doable, with Tower, Ruins, and Skirmishes/Creature Campaign.

fliers, cavs, warp users, bosskillers in fe6 HM.

If it's blessed, it doesn't matter.

If it's under average and it's a draft, promotion can save it's stats.

fe8 is so easy, it doesn't matter, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I never end up promoting units before level 20. I learned this the hard way when I promoted all of my units at level 10 when I played Rekka no Ken for the first time. My units were so bad that none of them could beat Lloyd in Cog of Destiny.

I always end up arena abusing anyway so it doesn't hurt me.

but in FE6 you have to early promote pretty much everyone, except for cavaliers - but they don't tend to be very useful.

I'm playing fe6 and the earliest I've promoted someone at is 18 except Ellen who was at 16.