SFgUT60.gif

Will keep updating this post
C&C welcome

Edited by SMORKASBORD

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best one IMO is Ike, the head band is very cool. As fir the last spoiler I like them in general, though the third ones head is very weird, it kinda drops in the middle.

Edited by Matt Snow

His head should be lower down I believe. His chin should be a good deal lower than the average character because his head's cocked down (the neck's location should be the same as most other mugs, the chin doesn't have to be).

Pretty.

Gif'd be easier to critique if it had in game pauses (at standing frame and striking frame, I usually give it a full 1000ms at the standing).

Hat is flat, and the little girl has pretty broad shoulders compared to her head. Duno if she's wearing shoulders or anything.

L95- it's not quite a stray pixel. That is where the enemy center is.

Deranger- What looks like shoulders are actually supposed to be a cape but I'll need to fix it a little to make it look right. I'm going to redo the animation, that was just quickly throwing them all together to make sure it worked.

ShinyPichu- Hats are a nightmare to shade but I'll give it another shot. This is the only one of my battle sprites that's worth anything but thanks for the compliment

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just drop these off here...

Hat looks like cardboard. . .

ZdKlTJD.png

possibly better

You know that weird blank Sprite from FE6?

Drjb3Da.png

I thought he deserved a face

some random splices

qTEE0HJ.png

4wQoASp.png

I've been working on my hands

ZGuTXJQ.png

prPpNTO.png

I was digging back in some older sprites and found what was supposed to be a Self-portrait mug

k1bF2Y8.png

My first customing attempt. I'll redo him eventually

and lastly, I'm working on a 3-tiered class

4p2XcwR.png

What do you think?

Edited by Lt.Smirks

That's overall a nice mug, well done :P

I think that you should make the hair a bit less pillowy though, and the lines of the collar look slightly jagged.

btw you should try out FE8 colours sometime :D

Edited by Haku

Haku- I used to use FE8 colors but I didn't like the high saturation. And to be honest my hair is pretty pillowy :)

Zg7oMiX.png

Maybe that's better?

Edited by Lt.Smirks

I like where this dude is going (semi-realistic face ftw) but his hair/outfit seem really unfinished u.u The face and the hand are both pretty cool though. Have you flipped this sprite 180 degrees? Something seems a little off with his far eye, I think it's too small maybe? But I would have to flip the sprite and see what sticks out to me. It really helps identify smaller issues.

Soo, the hair almost looks like it was sculpted out of wood or something. Everything comes to a single chunky point, and where individual strands are suggested, there's no follow-through, making it look like random markings. Hair is pretty hard to get the hang of though, I'd try to reference some other sprites in trying to get it to look better.

As for the outfit, it's really...bland? Which isn't necessarily bad, it's just weird that he has such a tall absurd collar mixed with peasant colors and peasant clothes. D: And his vest looks incredibly tight, it's pretty much not coming off of his shoulder at all. I dunno, I'd suggest adding some sort of extra detail/flair, and also define the folds where his armpits are. Even changing the colors around a bit would help I think, maybe a red shirt or orange vest

sOS7tda.png

I tried to fix all the things you mentioned Mew, although I'm sure there's more I'm not seeing.

iYznbrD.png

original for comparison

Edited by Lt.Smirks

I think the hairline was better before, though the strands are definitely more defined! Looks better. The difference is pretty drastic! The palette change helps a lot as well.

The neck is problematic though yeah, it's not defined at all 748DP.png I think it would look more liek that? but obviously shaded and not as rough...

I also think that the outfit could still use a bit more. Maybe trim on the shoulder pads you added, or buttons?

748KL.png

On the topic of the outfit, I think the area circled in red is weird and shouldn't have a shadow like that, aaaand circled in blue is a spot where there should be more shadow under the shoulder pad