Cool screenies and art, looking forward to the new patch :O

Edited by Toa

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FATE9iO.jpgl3CdtPT.jpg

6lIReUc.png

Interesting how Sadaati looks like the cruel sister in concept art, yet it appears the other way round in sprite form. Maybe thinking about sadism is what's brought a smile to Nilou's face...

PleIYQV.png

Uh... will this end badly for me if I say no?

I don't wanna die..!

In all seriousness though, whoopee! Time for some more Dewey hijinks!

bang bang. Finally... she's here. The bae is here. Fire Emblem: Bloodlines version 1.4

This patch contains 7 chapters. (Prologue-chapter 5, with 1 cutscene chapter)

As always, please take a look at the README before you play!

I'm really happy I can release this. From story, to characterization, to artwork and gameplay, this patch I believe shows how far I've gotten along. Also 1.4 totally shits on 1.3 lol. I know it seems like I'm going back over and over with these same chapters, but this rework has helped me flesh out the story and gameplay and other things too. so now enjoy the few chapters of actual new new new content to go along with the revamped ones.

Now to get back to work on chapter 9!

There are probably some typos that we managed to miss and naturally something is probably going to bug out hard, but here's to hoping that it won't? :D~

Big shout out to all of my friends who have helped me pump out 1.4. This hack would be a shell of itself if it wasn't for their continued support and guidance. I love u all muah muah muah.

:::Credits:::

--Writing--
Ghast
--Eventing--
Ghast
--Hacking Wizardry--
Brendor, Camtech, Nintenlord
---Artwork---
--Portraits--
Ghast, Nih, Solaris, Sqawl, Gabriel Knight, Nickt, Lenh, General Ciraxis, Matt Snow, Celice, Toa, L95, Inkwells.split
--Maps--
Ghast, Matt Snow, Sqawl, Primefusion
--Music--
Sqawl, Siuloir, MageknightPacifica
--Animations--
Ghast, Sqawl.
--Proofreading--
Tequila, Sqawl, Solaris
--Beta Testing--
Sqawl, Matt Snow, Gabriel Knight, Siuloir, Primefusion, Orange Scarlet, Nih, Tequila, MageknightPacifica, MarkyJoe1990, John Cooper, Zahlman, Inkwells.split
Special Thanks~
Sqawl, for always being there to help me whenever I had to ask for a favor and never asking anything in return. He's been da real mvp.
Primefusion, for being a willing friend to help me get over countless hacking obstacles
Tequila, for coming in at the last week or two and just proofreading the shit out of the hack and making me much more confident in the hack's production value.
Brendor, for performing life-saving surgery on my ROM at least 3 times so far.
Blazer, for inspiring me to jump start my project and being a great pal. Also dealing skyping me with my laughably bad actual 'hacking' skills.
Nih, for offering to revamp a lot of my shit portraits and buffing the art quality of the hack x100
Matt Snow. MD. for being God.
Siuloir, for always being there in da past. Release IoA, Asshole Batman!
Mangs, for helping me get from 1.3 to 1.4 with his review of the old version and helping me come up with cool ideas!
Icytoast, Hextator, Nintenlord, CamTech, the other hackers who paved the way for Fire Emblem hacking. Whether it was making nightmare modules, or ASM, or programs; thank you! you guys are the greatest!
You players! For giving my work a shot and giving your feedback. After all, what's a game without people to play it?!

Thanks for playing and supporting the hack! Please enjoy and let me know what you think!
Edited by Uncle Ghatsu!

derps. There was a graphic glitch that caused a crash in chapter 5 hahaha.

I just fixed it, but if you're playing through, please repatch it and just transfer your .sav!

sorry about that :P

comes with the territory

I'm a little lost, I've failed to figure out how exactly you're meant to beat 2-1. I've done practically everything I could and there hasn't been any cutscene or anything to trigger the ending to the chapter. Is this meant to happen?

God dammit, yeah. I just noticed, I uploaded the wrong patch... good game.

Sorry about these hiccups, guys. I keep goofing

working on it.

I'm a little lost, I've failed to figure out how exactly you're meant to beat 2-1. I've done practically everything I could and there hasn't been any cutscene or anything to trigger the ending to the chapter. Is this meant to happen?

You need to talk to Redahli twice.

Edited by Uncle Ghatsu!

Hey Ghast, long time lurker of a lot of rom hacks here, love your work, it's super fun. The chapters are much more improved now, I can tell you put a lot of work into this. I especially like chapter 1-3 now. I just have a question about what to do in 2-1. Thanks.

So this is about the Cryptic Notes. I cannot seem to find where the third note is? I pick up the first in the armory, then the second and fourth notes spawn, I grab second is on the docks, and I use rescue and blaze on the fourth is in the water, but I cannot find where the third note is. Am I missing something?

Edited by hhshark10

Been loving the hack so far it's awesome, if I were to change something tho I'd change the chapter where they explain every country right after the prologue cause it's kind of confusing when you just started out , maybe there is a reason for it being a little farther (after the forest chapter) . The interaction between everyone are a nice and they don't feel stupid like on some other hack I've seen .keep up the good work man . Nilou is awesome *_* been abusing them stats on her *_*

Edited by Kiritsu

Hey Ghast, long time lurker of a lot of rom hacks here, love your work, it's super fun. The chapters are much more improved now, I can tell you put a lot of work into this. I especially like chapter 1-3 now. I just have a question about what to do in 2-1. Thanks.

So this is about the Cryptic Notes. I cannot seem to find where the third note is? I pick up the first in the armory, then the second and fourth notes spawn, I grab second is on the docks, and I use rescue and blaze on the fourth is in the water, but I cannot find where the third note is. Am I missing something?

Thanks bud. that means a lot! I mean it haha. What did you like that was different about 1-3?

Sorry, but you're gonna have to figure it out! You're really close, though! You're missing two notes.

Been loving the hack so far it's awesome, if I were to change something tho I'd change the chapter where they explain every country right after the prologue cause it's kind of confusing when you just started out , maybe there is a reason for it being a little farther (after the forest chapter) . The interaction between everyone are a nice and they don't feel stupid like on some other hack I've seen .keep up the good work man . Nilou is awesome *_* been abusing them stats on her *_*

I figured that having the interim chapter after chapter 2 would help me flesh out characters as well as give context to the world.

Thanks a lot for the kind words! I'm glad you like Nilou! Any special reason?

Thanks bud. that means a lopoiler]

I figured that having the interim chapter after chapter 2 would help me flesh out characters as well as give context to the world.

Thanks bud. that means a lot! I mean it haha. What did you like that was different about 1-3?

Sorry, but you're gonna have to figure it out! You're really close, though! You're missing two notes.

Them shaman girl do it for me I guess that's about it cx and mostly shaman in general even if most of them tends to be a bit underpowered , and it that sense I do understand your pov on introducing the continent later on. That riddle in 1-4 is hard as hell to figure out >.< at first I went to the pillar near the boss before he start moving it took me forever to get there rofl

Edited by Kiritsu

I liked the swarms, having two groups to fight against that also fight against each other is neat. Though I don't remember if that was in this update or a previous one, its been awhile since I played this hack the first time. Just some clarification though, you don't have to get the notes in any order? I thought I broke something since I got the fourth note to appear before the third one. Guess I'll keep exploring.

I liked the swarms, having two groups to fight against that also fight against each other is neat. Though I don't remember if that was in this update or a previous one, its been awhile since I played this hack the first time. Just some clarification though, you don't have to get the notes in any order? I thought I broke something since I got the fourth note to appear before the third one. Guess I'll keep exploring.

I'm glad you liked 1-2! I was worried because i didn't know exactly how well it would go, but I'm glad it seemed to work for you! And no, you can collect the notes in any order. That's the extra layer of bullshit crypicness from the riddle!

Man, just as you posted this I figured everything out, I feel so dumb for not getting the second note until now. The puzzles and dialogue between characters are a really nice change of pace, thanks for the game. Have an amusing photo of Bram and Malcolm ignoring some children who must of fallen off a boat.

lOWFAJj.png

Edited by hhshark10

Man, just as you posted this I figured everything out, I feel so dumb for not getting the second note until now. The puzzles and dialogue between characters are a really nice change of pace, thanks for the game. Have an amusing photo of Bram and Malcolm ignoring some children who must of fallen off a boat.

lOWFAJj.png

LOL

THE SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEVE

STOP BREAKING IT

lol, thanks for playing! What did you think of the rapport conversations? Were there some that you liked more than others?

So I gotta say, in chapter 1-4

The assassin's reveal (forgot the name, I know it started with an S) and portrait change was some serious nightmare fuel, really good job on that. I could tell something was off about him due to the slurring whenever he uses S's, but I didn't expect that (you know what I mean) to happen.

Edited by Ryan7556

The assassin's reveal (forgot the name, I know it started with an S) and portrait change was some serious nightmare fuel, really good job on that. I could tell something was off about him due to the slurring whenever he uses S's, but I didn't expect that (you know what I mean) to happen.

thanks! hahaha. Shakkar was really fun to write for. I'm glad you liked that!

LOL

THE SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEVE

STOP BREAKING IT

lol, thanks for playing! What did you think of the rapport conversations? Were there some that you liked more than others?

IT WAS YOUR FAULT FOR NOT MAKING THE CHILDREN SO FAT THEY HAVE 20 CON LIKE THE FAT BOATMAN AND DANCERS

I'm not sure if I got all of them, but I did BromXMalcolm, LemonieXKael, RallelXNobia, and TyrenXNilou. My favorite was probably the Brom one because I enjoy both of their characters, but I also liked how the Tyren one almost had a small dialogue tree to it. All of them were really good though, your work on the character development really shows. I think a MalcolmXKylah would be pretty funny. :3

Oh, and I hate you for that cliffhanger.

Edited by hhshark10