Bloodlines (2.4)

ghast

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

update: currently making some basic ending events to finish off some chapters. Kind of torn on what to work on next, part of me wants to develop the plot more, part of me wants to event and part of me wants to animate. Kind of jumping between all 3 at the moment, I finished up some Standing frames for some animations. I have screenies but I feel like I'm revealing too much or something.

As for the patch, I've been hammered by homework and didn't really get around to doing much. But I have some breathing room right now sooo yeah.

I'm enthusiastic to see the Voluprian animations, personally, but in terms of overall efficiency I'd offer the following advice, which is mostly writing focused -

• Examine how far out you've outlined the plot, versus how much you want to include in the first patch. Remember you can always come back later to tighten up the connections between an early release and later chapters. I would say don't put the whole thing down on paper yet, but knowing the general thrust of the first 8-10 chapters isnt necessarily bad.
  • Do some events to see how the story sits within the framework of the gameplay itself.
  • Don't burn yourself on one thing. The human mind has a limited amount of a singular topic/item it can sponge up before it fatigues. If thinking about plot is tiresome, swap over to animating, and so on.
  • Animations and graphics are fantastic on lending a hack it's style and feel, but if you just want to see how stuff works and flows, you can use placeholders.

Yo, ch. 3 spoilerz

j5tyVbY.png

YwHTlw0.pngtchWHd9.pngthanks to Prime for letting me use his map from his map pack!!

GnFoV6e.png (Thanks to Solaris for portrait fix!)

Also, been working on this idea for a new, really gimmicky human class.

6URC7NV.png

the Mechanic class! Uses 1-5 range mines that can cause berserk/sleep/silence. Shout outs to Matt Snow for bumming around with items in nightmare~

Edited by GhastStation

Yo, ch. 3 spoilerz

j5tyVbY.png

YwHTlw0.pngtchWHd9.pngthanks to Prime for letting me use his map from his map pack!!

GnFoV6e.png (Thanks to Solaris for portrait fix!)

Also, been working on this idea for a new, really gimmicky human class.

6URC7NV.png

the Mechanic class! Uses 1-5 range mines that can cause berserk/sleep/silence. Shout outs to Matt Snow for bumming around with items in nightmare~

Mm man that fixed portrait looks great. Solaris did a fine job on it.

And seriously, can't wait for the patch. I don't know if you said this before, but what chapter will the first patch end at?

I'm going to break my hack into parts. So I'm banking on releasing a patch of part I, focusing on the beginning of Bram's adventure. It should be about 6 (including prologue) chapters long. But Its gonna take a while to do, I don't want to put any dates in and risk a false promise. Its going to take a lot of work to get the animations in, fix the map sprites etc etc. But yeah~ thanks

well the status staves give 35 exp each. But that's whey too much i think. I heard there was asm done for staff exp, but if not, there could be some truble. Alternatively I could make mechanics able to heal too.

also i was thinking he could have a fairly weak longbow-like range attack. idk, i'm open to suggestions

I think it's originally based on cost and can also be hardcoded via some staff EXP patch that I thought was already integrated into FEditor Adv for FE7 but may have not been

time for you to do some research, Ghast (hint: play around with the cost and look through Hextator's doc and see if you can't find something of use)

thanks for the lead blazer!

@klok, based on what we found in nightmare 1-5 can work. we couldnt actually find a way to change it actually. iirc it didnt bug out or anything.

I don't think we were able to make it do damage though. i we tried giving it might but i don't think it did anything. Could be wrong though, i don't remember all the details

edit; yeah, its a staff, staves don't do damage. :o

Edited by Ghaststation

Ryru why do you always know how to do stuff I can't figure out?

@klok, based on what we found in nightmare 1-5 can work. we couldnt actually find a way to change it actually. iirc it didnt bug out or anything.

We never really figured out why the range was 1-5 and not some other random number, I'll probably test it some more this weekend if I have time. I have a theory that maybe the game bugged and made all staffs have 1-5 range, though hopefully it's not the case XD.

are you sure it isn't like 1-mag/2 range or something and it just defaults to 1-5 range minimum (it really shouldn't iirc but who knows)

I thought it might be but when I tried giving the character magic it was still stuck at 1-5, even though I changed his magic to 1 (I tested it before with 9 and wanted to see if it worked with other values). If 1-5 is the minimum then that would explain it (is it?). Though in retrospect it was originally a str character, so I will probably test it again with a magic one.