• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice title screen!

thank you! ^^

It better shows gore for the title screen dem bloods dem lines

Uhh, okay? lol i don't know what you're saying

Oh, I recognise that sword. Good to see you're planning on using that animation :P:

I couldn't let it go to waste!

it's2blue

hue

No such thing I'm afraid.

indeed!

In regards to the title screen, not too fond of the flat white lettering. I suppose what you could do is make a gradient overlay, just so that it doesn't look so flat.

Also, no underlining, please, just looks awful...

In regards to the title screen, not too fond of the flat white lettering. I suppose what you could do is make a gradient overlay, just so that it doesn't look so flat.

Also, no underlining, please, just looks awful...

don't know what a gradient overlay is but no thanks. I'm content with the title screen. And I quite enjoy the underline~

can't please everyone i suppose

• 2 weeks later...

Hey dudes, just updating and saying the project isn't dead! I was just swamped with term papers and exam grind you know the deal. Anyway, I've been working on mugs and text. I'm just getting a ch. 4 map prepared and once that gets finalized ill be posting some more screenies! hopefully that will get me outta concepts too

Hey dudes, just updating and saying the project isn't dead! I was just swamped with term papers and exam grind you know the deal. Anyway, I've been working on mugs and text. I'm just getting a ch. 4 map prepared and once that gets finalized ill be posting some more screenies! hopefully that will get me outta concepts too

My life requires more bird people.

take a look at this! Hopefully this can help!

KZgj5TG.png (wings shamelessly spliced from shining force 2, naturally~)

Edited by Ghaststation

kKJgAZP.png

I see a few issues with the title screen so I'll point them out.

1. The line going through the word "Bloodlines" looks bad.

2. The P and S in Press Start are separated from the rest of the word they're supposed to be attached to. It looks bad.

3. The 2014 Ghaststation could be maybe 1-2 pixels higher. The bottom of the G almost touches the bottom of the screen.

... That's it! I love the title screen, in all seriousness. This hack is turning into a DoF or TLP scale hack. Can't wait to play it :)

take a look at this! Hopefully this can help!

KZgj5TG.png (wings shamelessly spliced from shining force 2, naturally~)

Fantastic.

..Are those Balbaroy's wings, just reduced?

• 3 weeks later...

Its update time! Fighting and trying to figure out a lot of weird buggyness going on with chapter prep screens and inserting Bow animations lol. But here's some screenies of chapter 4!

T82jG1l.png applied the title screen changes that were suggested.

F2o7R4r.png

GUmTmPY.png big thanks to Sairento for letting me use/boop around his Green Castle map!

A1CzC5L.pnggender swap Kent lol

Q0rQVk7.png Malcolm attacks!

this chapter wraps up part one. Now its onto cleaning everything up (there's a buttload) and beta testin' and then

9MOpKGv.png patch!

I gotta update my screenies of the previous chapters :o

Edited by Ghaststation

Ah! sorry I forgot to thank you for letting me use your map! My bad, i was totally gassed, was up til 6am trying to get these screenies out haha.

as for the breakable, i knew height would be an issue but I think people can look over it haha

Edited by Ghaststation

T82jG1l.png

Looking awesome now, no flaws! I love that art style and the sword with the evil eye contrasts well with the foggy evil background.

F2o7R4r.png

Not loving these title number conventions though. First you have "Pt 1:" but then you just have "3:" and "4:". Either use only "1:, 2:, 3:" etc, or "Pt 1:, Pt 2:, Pt 3:" etc.

Also, I've always thought it would be cool to use a chapter naming convention based on greek letters or the military alphabet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_phonetic_alphabet

Alpha, Bravo, Charlie = Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, etc.

Really, anything's better than just a number and a colon. That's super boring.

Haha. Well I like the simplicity of it but ill give that a go and see how I like it,
edit: sorry its supposed to be like "Part 1: Prologue"

and then

1:

2:

etc.

I guess its sort of inconsistent lol I didn't want it to be like vanilla. But I guess its not super important
Thanks for all the feedback

Looking awesome now, no flaws! I love that art style and the sword with the evil eye contrasts well with the foggy evil background.

I'm pretty good at google images

Edited by Ghaststation

Haha. Well I like the simplicity of it but ill give that a go and see how I like it,

edit: sorry its supposed to be like "Part 1: Prologue"

and then

1:

2:

etc.

I guess its sort of inconsistent lol I didn't want it to be like vanilla. But I guess its not super important

Thanks for all the feedback

I'm pretty good at google images

Do it Radiant Dawn style?

Part 1: Prologue.

1-1: (Title)

1-2: (Title)

etc.