GATHER ROUND! The Hearthstone Thread

Interest

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reposting this from other forum because it's hilarious.

Yeah apparently Hearthstone release is buggy as hell.

Also, these happened.

First game, I decided to have fun with my arena deck that had a Tinkmaster (since it was made before the patch). The results. (Mage used poly after on the Devilsaur). Also did this for some reason (I got Stormwind Champion after, so he probably regretted that quickly). I won soon after I made him exhaust all his removal.

Second game was ranked. I was screwing with my Druid deck and I think I ran into a Dennis. The golden sheep was a sheeped Ysera with Nightmare on it. I also won this.

I found a Dennis.

Two, in fact.

Going 2 losses in arena causes you to get some really derpy players ;P
Edited by Interest

• 3 weeks later...

recently i really fucking hate priests

when i thoughtsteal: murlocs

when they thoughtsteal: rag/tirion

i literally lost a game because a priest topdecked equality and tirion off of my deck

Edited by CT075

• 3 weeks later...

my first ever 12 win arena run, thought i'd humble brag here

i almost went 12-0 but i lost concentration getting too excited after the 11th win; lost to some mage with a brownish / yellow special card back

[spoiler=#nerdgayming]1556226_10203701200232747_62655422418800

• 1 month later...

QkxWBzL.png

I actually had it up to 21/18. but the opponent played two Mind Blasts, before conceding.

Just thought I'd share that, and try to boost up the thread. I'm Elieson #1987, if anyone's looking to mess around with me.

pretty sure my first legendary was a golden velen from a random arena pack

i disenchanted it for ysera, literally the next day i got a regular velen from another pack

I hate all you control warrior types

I was just going for the daily challenge gold pile. I had two challenges that were [Win 2 games as either Warrior or X], and I hadn't ever built one until last night even. It was a pretty shitty warrior deck. The Priest i was against just kept throwing out tanky taunts like Spineback Patriarch and other chumps like that. He almost decked himself out with all his draws and whatnot.

I have more fun with a Rogue or Mage deck than anything else right now.

• 4 weeks later...

C/PD FROM OTHER TOPIC CAUSE I LIKE TO NECROPOST

Judging by the fact that there isn't one by now, I'm assuming we don't have a big Hearthstone crowd here. Or maybe we do.

General Hearthstone thread? How do y'all feel about the Naxxramas announcement?

I've been waiting for Naxx for a while. I've saved up enough gold to buy it as it releases and Naxx will basically the reason I continue to play or not.

Edited by Belisarius

What's a more efficient way to grind for gold, aside from just battling for 3 wins and completing dailys?

Unfortunately, the quests are it unless you are an arena god and really really like to play then you can farm gold that way. Personally I wait until I have three quests that I can do concurrently (but I will occasionally settle for two quests) because I like to be efficient and I'm not super interested in deck building.

The arena is actually pretty bad for making gold. Getting less than 7 wins actually loses you gold, and 7-9 gets you a modest net profit. 10-12 wins will get you a little bit of profit, but a lot of that is going to depend on random rewards. Even if you are very good you probably won't make a whole lot of gold. (Too much randomness in deckbuilding, draws, and opponent strength.) That being said, it's great for packs.

Your best bet for farming gold is just doing the daily quests and getting the 10 gold per 3 wins in play mode. ~50-80 gold a day until you get to 2800 for the whole package. I think I'd rather just pay my way in. ;/

2800? I got a decent play set and abused the reroll bug to force 60g and 100g quests, which I proceeded to complete in play mode. 6000 gold and counting.

If you just want to go net positive on value (reward+pack > 150), it's a lot easier. This particularly true if you're farming gold for cards. Net positive on gold...yeah, what he said up there. I know people who do, but you're better off doing play mode and quests. Always reroll a 40g.

Alright, how hard do you guys rage when you're Swiped to the face. . .twice. . .in the same turn. . .and lose?

(I don't play, I saw someone else do this)

Alright, how hard do you guys rage when you're Swiped to the face. . .twice. . .in the same turn. . .and lose?

(I don't play, I saw someone else do this)

That's only 8 damage and Swipe is usually used to remove creatures so I can't say that's ever happened to me. I have been double Fireballed or double Heroic Striked or other spells similar to Swipe and the like and you really can't rage, it's just something that happens

That's only 8 damage and Swipe is usually used to remove creatures so I can't say that's ever happened to me. I have been double Fireballed or double Heroic Striked or other spells similar to Swipe and the like and you really can't rage, it's just something that happens

Opponent was at seven damage, and one of the Swipes had already been played. The guy I watched drew insanely well (or at least that's what he told me).

i would rage pretty hard if my arena opponent somehow drafted three swipes

on a different note, i've had an enemy mage pull out pyro+pyro+fireball+frostbolt+ping against me after my LEGENDARY turn 1 coin+millhouse play

i couldn't even be mad, that was hilarious