GATHER ROUND! The Hearthstone Thread

Interest

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY. YOU TWO.

I'm currently busy with RL things, and it's going to get EVEN BUSIER when school starts. Maybe if I get bored with my current card obsession (which won't be for a while). It's fun watching other people play, though.

So I'm trying this Curse of Naxxramas stuff. Managed to unlock all the cards today (did class challenges today) and then decided to try a Heroic boss for the luls.

What resulted was this lulzy as hell match.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah the hunter challenge was great, though im disappointed in the lack of difficulty/challenge/anything different that each challenge has presented. its kinda lame in the way its "heres a neat deck stuck to a specific hero against a specific boss" but i guess its better than nothing

Yeah, from what I've played of the Arachnid quarter, Naxxarus has felt much more like a little diversion from the main game than a big adventure. It's a shame that getting to use the cards everyone else gets to use is a bigger draw to me than the expansion itself.

Edited by SRC

• 3 months later...

Alright, so this is on the first page and I don't think it really qualifies as big enough to make a new topic for since Hearthstone is probably a fairly niche thing here, so I think this is fine to post in rather than make a redundant thread. If mods think otherwise then feel free to lock this and I'll remake or something.

Anyway, the first large expansion Goblins vs Gnomes is set to launch this month. Unlike Naxxramus, it's not an adventure-styled set, and is just 120+ new cards introduced in their own separate packs (think a new Magic the Gathering set). In arena, they are drafted alongside normal cards, and arena packs are now all rewarded as Goblins vs Gnomes packs. They are bought the same as base set packs (gold/money), and use the same Arcane Dust values.

The new mech minion type is represented by over a third of the expansion's cards (as well as some older cards that are mech-like being changed into Mechs, such as Harvest Golem), plus more cards that have synergy with them. Every class gets a new Legendary card and several other class cards including at least 2 epics, and there are at least 5 more Neutral Legendaries as well. Plenty of these new cards seem to give new directions to classes, such as Hunter legendary minion Gahz'rilla and Hunter epic minion Steamwheedle Sniper, and other classes are being given new life, such as Paladin with the rare minion Scarlet Purifier and rare spell Muster for Battle. Later today either the new Paladin legendary or Warlock legendary will be revealed, though Paladin is winning by quite a bit at this point.

The metagame will almost certainly change quite a lot from the new cards' releases- Naxxramus has less than 25% the number of cards that Goblins vs Gnomes will have and it altered the gamestate quite a bit. What are you guys most excited for in the set? Anything they haven't shown you hope will be revealed?

• 1 month later...

Do people still play? What's the easiest deck for a beginner to play/build? I've recently started playing and I've gotten all of my classes to level 10 and done some arena and I want to start ranked but I need to know the easiest deck to build so I won't have to spend any money to get the cards I need.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Blackrock Mountain was just announced for the next expansion! It's a Naxxramus-style adventure, feature five wings, 17 bosses, and 31 new cards. The central focus of the set is Dragon synergy- the Dragon minion tag has existed since the game's release but has never done anything other than be a small indicator for a subset of creatures.

"Holding a dragon" seems to have a positive effect, as in having one in your hand- since two cards have it as a relevant battlecry, and Hungry Dragon is a new 5/6 for 4 mana Dragon that summons a random 1-cost minion for your opponent. The Rogue class card is a 4/3 for 5 that is basically a Backstab on all enemy minions, so it should be pretty promising. Whether the expansion will curb the Mech decks that currently run rampant remains unseen- there's sill 26 cards to see, after all. That said, a developer interview at PAX East said there is no incoming nerf to the almighty Dr. Boom, so either they are comfortable with his power level or there are cards that will make it less omnipresent within powerful decks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was playing in ranked, first time I logged in since the start of the new season.

After losing two matches in a row at rank 23, I come across a rouge, I'm using my Paladin Glass Cannon deck

I get a 6/2 raptor out for 3 (Bloodfen + Blessing Of Might)

He does nothing about it despite having the cards to do so and rushes the face.

I eventually get a Magma Rager out and give it Divine Shield via Argent Protector.

He does nothing about and continues to rush face.

I give the Magma Rager Blessing Of Might and Blessing of Kings. It is now a 12/5 with Divine Shield. He shows some signs of intelligence and assassinates it and then rushes face with two health left, doing nothing about the ARGENT PROTECTOR WITH 2 ATTACK.

And that's how I won a Hearthstone Ranked game in 6 turns.

So, fun stories out of the way, what decks do yall use. I have a Shaman Deathrattle deck with tons of buffs (Some of them mostly for Nerubian Eggs) and as mentioned before a Paladin Glass Cannon Deck