What are your Best characters and favorite characters in FE7?

Dksoulstice

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and I a man avid fan of Fire Emblem and debating so hopefully I will have some good conversations on this forum. I would love to hear your who your best characters are (in your most recent play through) and who your favorite characters are as well as your worst/least favorite.

I just finished a play through on Normal Mode (getting back in the swing of things. Plan on doing a Couples play through, pre-promote play through and a one of each class play through (among others). Here were my best characters in this play through (in no particular order)

Hector: Simply a beast. Killed everything that attacked him with his trusty hand axe. Easily the best lord in my opinion.

Stats:

30 Str

24 Skill

23 Spd

16 luck

29 Def

16 Res

5 Move

15 Con

14 Aid

57 HP

Priscilla: I was thinking of benching her, and boy sure glad I didn't. She turned out very nicely for me. Slaughtered all enemies with Elfire. She actually had the highest Hit out of all my characters with 151.

Stats:

24 Mag

22 Skill

22 Speed

27 Luck

9 Def

26 Res

8 Move

5 Con

15 Aid

43 HP (used Angelic Robe)

Dart: Was a bit of a pain to train when I first got him due to him having terrible skill and being unable to double enemies yet, but once he gained a few levels, he became my go to guy alongside Hector. Also a Godly unit with a hand axe. I lol'd so hard during Chapter 25 when Dart slaughtered Jerme and his guards with a hand axe and didn't take a single hit.

Stats:

30 Str

20 Skill (used a secret book)

28 Spd

14 Luck

13 Def

6 Res

6 Move

13 Con

12 Aid

Heath: best flying unit in the game in my opinion. Was a bit annoying to train when I first got him, but once I got to the Arena in Chapter 23 and abused like mad, he became my third frontline unit alongside Hector and Dart. Gave him Vaida's Uber Spear which made him all the more formidable.

Stats:

27 Str

25 Skill

22 Spd

15 Luck

22 Def

7 Res

8 Move

10 Con

15 Aid

Oswin: I trained him to level 15 General at the arena in Chapter 16x, but after that, didn't use him until the last few chapters of the game. I was missing out. Definitely one of the best units in the game in my opinion. Doubled everyone from Paladins to Warriors to Heroes. His lance skills are deadly

Stats:

28 Str

19 Skill

18 Speed

17 Luck

30 Def

19 Res

5 Move (boots)

16 Con

15 Aid

57 HP

Wil: Never understood why so many people disliked Wil. Sure Rebecca is faster and dodges more, but Wil is plenty fast and dodges a lot himself. Him with a Killer Bow or Brave Bow is not to be underestimated.

Stats:

25 Str

27 Skill

21 Spd

18 Luck

11 Def

11 Res

6 Move

7 Con

6 Aid

51 HP

Lucius: Maxed out Magic and Speed very quick after promotion. Powerful against pretty much any unit. Killed everything.

Stats:

25 Mag

24 Skill

24 Speed

14 Luck

8 Def

30 Res

6 Move

7 Con

6 Aid

48 HP (used angelic robe)

Raven: I love Guy but Raven is hands down the better swordsman and one of FE7's best units. Nothing beats Raven. 3 maxed stats is nice.

Stats:

25 Str

30 Skill

26 Spd

16 Luck

14 Def

8 Res

6 Move

9 Con

8 Aid

58 HP

Guy: Such a underrated unit. Just because Raven is slightly better doesn't mean Guy isn't a good unit. Watching him critical hit every enemy to death is quite amusing.

Stats:

21 Str

29 Skill

30 Speed

22 Luck

16 Def

15 Res

6 Move

6 Con

5 Aid

Worst/Least favorite characters:

Niño: Absolutely not worth babying in my opinion. Priscilla, Canas and Lucius plenty good enough for me.

Lowen: Atrocious growths. 18 levels and not a single Strength level up.

Erk: Actully one of my favorite characters, but he was seriously stat screwed this play through (Level 17 Mage, only 7 Magic)

Hawkeye: I like Hawkeye but Dart and Geitz are better and he has very limited and unpractical supports.

Favorite characters:

Geitz: Because we are similar in quite a few ways and because he's a good unit.

Guy: Because he is awesome and critical hits rule.

Raven: Because he's the man.

Hector: Because he is a beast

Sain: Who doesn't love a ladies man?

Jaffar: Three words: Angel of Death

Erk: Because we are similar in some ways and because I still remember my first play through where Erk killed everyone as a Sage.

Hawkeye: One of a kind plus he is badass looking.

I actually just finished a HNM playthrough just an hour ago, so I have relevant screenshots!

Lucius is always used when I play this game, primarily because he's almost always RNG blessed with Magic:
PopeTrapciustheFirst_zps821c5a0c.png
His husbando Raven is also BEASTLY, especially this time around:
BeastlyRaven_zps09ea4490.png His endgame loadout was 5 Hand Axes. He ORKO'ed everything except Generals on 32X.
Farina DEFINITELY earned her bonus today!
GodlyFarina_zpsf36d94a2.pngNo Afa's drops, no stat boosts, NOTHING. :Farina: 10/10 mercenary :Farina:
I never thought I'd say it, but Eliwood was a force to be reckoned with!
ELIWOODISNEWHECTOR_zps0a656205.png:Roy: There's no way they're related. Ninian was playing around, for sure.
Also, this:
HOWDIDYOUCAPSTRENGTH_zpsbb2eeb7e.pngYOU GET SCREWED EVERY. OTHER. TIME! HOW DO YOU DO THIS!?

Other notable units were my favorite unit Heath, who got speed screwed but capped strength to make up for it. Canas got screwed in every possible field and got benched early on, which made me very sad :(

1.Guy:

He is an underrated unit,people say his con and strength are bad but he tends to end with 13-18 str. for me every playthrough. I like his character so I always use him.

2,Legault: This guy,he is the best assassin in all of Fire Emblem. He maxes nearly everything but res and defense,but his wonderful bases and growths...he's a monster,he's called the Hurricane for a reason.

3.Raven:

He's such a badass silent type,he ends up good most of the time because good level,wonderful bases and nice growths.Especially on HHM.

4,Lucius: One of the few Light magic users,he has really nice offensive stats and decent res. Usually the weak powerhouse.

5.Canas: He is the only Dark magic user in the game iirc. He has really average bases and growths,but his access to Dark Magic makes him really op,equip with him Luna,GG game.

6.Oswin: He comes quite early,so that's a plus,he has great bases and great growths,he destroys everything in his path like Hector.Despite the mov deficit he suffers from,I'm a patient player who uses Knights and General strategically,so he is a great unit when used in certain ways.

7.Pent: A pre-promote who starts with A in staves,good stats and average growths. What more do you want me to say?

8.Hector: Cuz Hector 'nuff said

9.Rath: Fear Rath's wrath as his horseback will trample you.A good 8 mov,access to bows and later swords.He also has a Myrmidon feel to him,his average growths but good caps and bases helps him a lot.

10.Dart: The unit who will achieve max hp and beastly strength and speed. He is going to wreck everyone,and everything regardless.Equip him with a Killer Axe and this game becomes too easy.

11.Kent: He does not have Sain's great strength,but he does have the capability to attack and defend as a utility.He can do both jobs with little problems.

12.Lyn: She's a Lord,who is a myrmidon,and appears in SSBB...'nuff said

13.Florina: I just like her shy-ish personality,it's attractive xD.

14.Eliwood: Suprisingly,enough people always say Eliwood has balanced stats,that's quite wrong as he has balanced growths,by the time he reaches level 20 he tends to have around 13-18 on every stat,the reason he goes kinda low is his late promotion...

15.:Jaffar Athos: C'mon,he looks like Gandalf,he has max weapon levels,can use every type of magic,nice stats,and you get him on the final chapter,the reason he is 15 is because you only use him for one chapter.

This list of more or less the stronger units in my Fire Emblem 7 game,I put 3 due to pure favoritism and everyone else rated on utility,usage,promotion time,growths,bases,weapon levels,and personal opinion.

Edit: Too lazy to both input stats,and actually put effort into screenshotting it. Take my word that these are my favorite units and one of the 20 strong units I have in my roster.

Edited by Jiac2001

I actually just finished a HNM playthrough just an hour ago, so I have relevant screenshots!

Lucius is always used when I play this game, primarily because he's almost always RNG blessed with Magic:PopeTrapciustheFirst_zps821c5a0c.png

His husbando Raven is also BEASTLY, especially this time around:BeastlyRaven_zps09ea4490.png His endgame loadout was 5 Hand Axes. He ORKO'ed everything except Generals on 32X.

Farina DEFINITELY earned her bonus today!GodlyFarina_zpsf36d94a2.pngNo Afa's drops, no stat boosts, NOTHING. :Farina: 10/10 mercenary :Farina:

I never thought I'd say it, but Eliwood was a force to be reckoned with!ELIWOODISNEWHECTOR_zps0a656205.png:Roy: There's no way they're related. Ninian was playing around, for sure.

Also, this:HOWDIDYOUCAPSTRENGTH_zpsbb2eeb7e.pngYOU GET SCREWED EVERY. OTHER. TIME! HOW DO YOU DO THIS!?

Other notable units were my favorite unit Heath, who got speed screwed but capped strength to make up for it. Canas got screwed in every possible field and got benched early on, which made me very sad :(

Okay well after looking at that Farina of yours, I might have to take that statement about Heath being the best flying unit back....

Units only get stat bonuses in HHM not HNM correct?

Eliwood was actually really good for me this time around

Stats:

25 Str

22 Skill

23 Spd

23 Luck

22 Def

15 Res

7 Move

9 Con (used a body ring)

16 Aid

Best thing about Canas is that his stats are always only average yet he kills everyone anyway. Completely owns all magic users. He even whopped Nergal's can.

1.Guy:

He is an underrated unit,people say his con and strength are bad but he tends to end with 13-18 str. for me every playthrough. I like his character so I always use him.

2,Legault: This guy,he is the best assassin in all of Fire Emblem. He maxes nearly everything but res and defense,but his wonderful bases and growths...he's a monster,he's called the Hurricane for a reason.

3.Raven:

He's such a badass silent type,he ends up good most of the time because good level,wonderful bases and nice growths.Especially on HHM.

4,Lucius: One of the few Light magic users,he has really nice offensive stats and decent res. Usually the weak powerhouse.

5.Canas: He is the only Dark magic user in the game iirc. He has really average bases and growths,but his access to Dark Magic makes him really op,equip with him Luna,GG game.

6.Oswin: He comes quite early,so that's a plus,he has great bases and great growths,he destroys everything in his path like Hector.Despite the mov deficit he suffers from,I'm a patient player who uses Knights and General strategically,so he is a great unit when used in certain ways.

7.Pent: A pre-promote who starts with A in staves,good stats and average growths. What more do you want me to say?

8.Hector: Cuz Hector 'nuff said

9.Rath: Fear Rath's wrath as his horseback will trample you.A good 8 mov,access to bows and later swords.He also has a Myrmidon feel to him,his average growths but good caps and bases helps him a lot.

10.Dart: The unit who will achieve max hp and beastly strength and speed. He is going to wreck everyone,and everything regardless.Equip him with a Killer Axe and this game becomes too easy.

11.Kent: He does not have Sain's great strength,but he does have the capability to attack and defend as a utility.He can do both jobs with little problems.

12.Lyn: She's a Lord,who is a myrmidon,and appears in SSBB...'nuff said

13.Florina: I just like her shy-ish personality,it's attractive xD.

14.Eliwood: Suprisingly,enough people always say Eliwood has balanced stats,that's quite wrong as he has balanced growths,by the time he reaches level 20 he tends to have around 13-18 on every stat,the reason he goes kinda low is his late promotion...

15.:Jaffar Athos: C'mon,he looks like Gandalf,he has max weapon levels,can use every type of magic,nice stats,and you get him on the final chapter,the reason he is 15 is because you only use him for one chapter.

This list of more or less the stronger units in my Fire Emblem 7 game,I put 3 due to pure favoritism and everyone else rated on utility,usage,promotion time,growths,bases,weapon levels,and personal opinion.

Edit: Too lazy to both input stats,and actually put effort into screenshotting it. Take my word that these are my favorite units and one of the 20 strong units I have in my roster.

I'll have to try out Legault next time. Actually going to do a play through with the "most powerful characters" (Lord Pent, Karel, Jaffar, Legault etc.) wanted to in this play throughout he was so busy stealing stuff I never did bother training him much.

I love Sain but I think Kent is better. More stable stats plus Kent had 57 HP at level 20 compared to Sain's 47 HP.

On lower difficulties, Nino is one of the better Ests. Better than Sophia, at any rate.

Otherwise, Lyn. My last one was pretty good, and the Mani Katti is just Thanibomb I.

Others I use are Rebecca, Erk, Canas, Hector, Eliwood, and Lucius. Oh, and Serra for earlygame healer.

... I am not even sure why I use Rebecca, she is a pain to train... must be the hair.

... Wow it seems the lords are my only front liners.

I've never finished FE7, but every time I play, Sain is the one that always comes out effing beastly. Last time, he maxed out his strength at just lv. 5 Paladin! He had 26 str while the rest of the Paladins still had below 20 (Kent was the weakest, he had only 14 str! o.O). And they were all a similar level. Though oddly, Kent wound up with more luck when it's supposed to be the other way around. But like Sain needed luck anyway, he could already OHKO a lot of shit!

Sain happens to be my favorite character in the game too, I just love this guy to pieces. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

My most recent playthrough was a Hector Normal Mode run several months ago. Here are the people I used throughout besides the lords:

Erk

Serra

Wil and Rebecca (long enough to get A Support, then I benched them)

Guy

Priscilla

Kent and Fiora (long enough to get A Support, then bench)

Heath

Vaida

Nino

Jaffar

Farina

Athos (for endgame)

*wall of text*

Personal experience means nothing - you can't expect character X to turn out exactly the same between two playthroughs.

That said, my favorite characters are Serra, Priscilla, Farina, Erk, Isadora, Sain, and Hector.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Well, I'm not playing FE7 right now, but I'm playing FE7 if, which is almost the same, but ith a few different characters and MUCH harder, I mean MUCH harder

Well, so far my best units are:

Hector: He making mincemeat of any spear user, and is growing quite good.

Guy: well, he is a myrmidon, and I really like swordfighters, and his speed is 21, so you can guess if he can dodge sometimes hehe (the hackers have modified some stat caps on some classes)

Dorcas: usually benched as soon as possible in the original, in this playthrough, he has been astoundingly useful and strong

My favourites are:

Guy because, well, he is a swordfighter

Raven: another great swordfighter

Hector: he's just pure badassery

Lyn: Well, a swordfighter, what can i say?

Erk: the best magical unit in every playthrough I did

Sain:sometimes good, sometimes not as much, but still a hilarious character

Jaffar: badass character, strong unit, with the right effort to it

Karel and Karla: two swordmasters, two good characters too

Well, I'm not playing FE7 right now, but I'm playing FE7 if, which is almost the same, but ith a few different characters and MUCH harder, I mean MUCH harder

Well, so far my best units are:

Hector: He making mincemeat of any spear user, and is growing quite good.

Guy: well, he is a myrmidon, and I really like swordfighters, and his speed is 21, so you can guess if he can dodge sometimes hehe (the hackers have modified some stat caps on some classes)

Dorcas: usually benched as soon as possible in the original, in this playthrough, he has been astoundingly useful and strong

My favourites are:

Guy because, well, he is a swordfighter

Raven: another great swordfighter

Hector: he's just pure badassery

Lyn: Well, a swordfighter, what can i say?

Erk: the best magical unit in every playthrough I did

Sain:sometimes good, sometimes not as much, but still a hilarious character

Jaffar: badass character, strong unit, with the right effort to it

Karel and Karla: two swordmasters, two good characters too

Swordmasters rule xD Long Live Sword Demon Karel

Doing a playthrough of The Sacred Stones right now, and man Joshua and Marisa are such beasts. If only I could make Ross a Swordmaster haha

Hector.pngMatthewFinal.pngOswinFinal.pngSerra.pngEliwood.pngMarcus.pngLowen.pngRebecca.pngMonshouTagteam345a_zpsae1a50ef.pngBartre3.pngFarina1.pngErk.pngPriscilla.pngLyndis.pngSain3.pngKent_zps4f223330.pngWilFinal.pngFlorina.pngRaven.pngLuciusFinal.pngDartFinal.pngFiora.pngLegault.pngIsadoraFinal.pngHeath_zpsbd4408f0.pngRath.png5SF1p.pngWallaceFinal.pngGuy2.pngPent_zps162e0e4e.pngLouise.pngKarel.pngHarken.pngNino.pngVaidaFinal.pngKarla.png

Thanks drafting. No Merlinus ,Ninian/Nils, or Renault and apparently I've never drafted Canas. This means I've used him a grand total of...once, I think. Wow. Also no Geitz (lol Geitz) because obvious, I think I've only used him once too. No Jaffar too, but I usually use him in normal playthroughs so w/e.

Edited by Refa

Swordmasters rule xD Long Live Sword Demon Karel

Doing a playthrough of The Sacred Stones right now, and man Joshua and Marisa are such beasts. If only I could make Ross a Swordmaster haha

Well, Ross can at least be a hero, but the 26 cap in speed isn't any good, in my case, myrmidons have a 24 cap in speed, which was very aprecciated, what did annoy me (even more than the broken enemies in every chapter) is a 15 cap in spd and skl for Hector

Hector.pngMatthewFinal.pngOswinFinal.pngSerra.pngEliwood.pngMarcus.pngLowen.pngRebecca.pngMonshouTagteam345a_zpsae1a50ef.pngBartre3.pngFarina1.pngErk.pngPriscilla.pngLyndis.pngSain3.pngKent_zps4f223330.pngWilFinal.pngFlorina.pngRaven.pngLuciusFinal.pngDartFinal.pngFiora.pngLegault.pngIsadoraFinal.pngHeath_zpsbd4408f0.pngRath.png5SF1p.pngWallaceFinal.pngGuy2.pngPent_zps162e0e4e.pngLouise.pngKarel.pngHarken.pngNino.pngVaidaFinal.pngKarla.png

Thanks drafting. No Merlinus ,Ninian/Nils, or Renault and apparently I've never drafted Canas. This means I've used him a grand total of...once, I think. Wow. Also no Geitz (lol Geitz) because obvious, I think I've only used him once too. No Jaffar too, but I usually use him in normal playthroughs so w/e.

Your Falcoknights and Legault are amazing and your Nino is a god o.O

Why no Geitz?

Well, Ross can at least be a hero, but the 26 cap in speed isn't any good, in my case, myrmidons have a 24 cap in speed, which was very aprecciated, what did annoy me (even more than the broken enemies in every chapter) is a 15 cap in spd and skl for Hector

Meh he's best off as a Beserker and yeah Hector

's low speed and skill caps are pretty bogus. Luckily he's still a beast.

Meh he's best off as a Beserker and yeah Hector

's low speed and skill caps are pretty bogus. Luckily he's still a beast.

Of course he is, to makeup for the low caps in spd and skl, the hackers gave him a 23 cap in strength and defense, talk about thwomp

and thinking about Ross... yeah, he is indeed that much better as a berserker