FE8 hack - Hoenn Treachery

jjl2357

(title subject to change.)

Anyways, so after lurking around the forum for a while and learning the basics of hacking, I've decided to start making a custom hack.

Blurb:

After her Pokémon training is interrupted by the turmoil of an unstable government, Greta heads across the land searching for answers. Together with her friends, they seek to understand the situation and depose the tyrant that has taken leadership in Hoenn. But they soon begin to realize the difficulty in organizing themselves and how insidiously positions of power can make people change...

Setting:

Roughly ~60-100 years before the events of RSE.

Features and Changes:

- new characters, story, maps, events, sprites, weapons, etc
- new classes of Pokémon (complete with typings and attacks)

- more character development for everyone

- story plays out differently depending on which characters die and what choices you make

- Mercenary promotes to Warrior/Hero

- two Pupils with differing promotion choices; altered magic promotion tree

- unusual combinations of stats and growth rates

Pictures:

C2XlXoO.png

Gjlldx8.png
EYGOSlm.png
PHUOhMl.png

Any criticism/feedback/suggestions would be much appreciated (so far I've got most of the Prologue finished in terms of story, and am working on replacing the rest of the weapon icons/sprites/stuff)

Edited by jjl2357

For pictures, you need to get the direct address of the picture, not the imgur page. Here's an example:

http://i.imgur.com/Gjlldx8.png
Turn off the WYSIWYG editor (upper-left button on the Toolbar of Formatting Tools), and input this into the editor:

[img=http://i.imgur.com/Gjlldx8.png]
And here's the result:

Gjlldx8.png

This should help you with future screenshots. I'll wait until you have a bit more before commenting further.

Edited by eclipse

so...is this an fe hack in a world where pokemon are just there? and are you using a color changing effect with no$gba emulator? that's what the screenshots look like.

Turn off the WYSIWYG editor (upper-left button on the Toolbar of Formatting Tools), and input this into the editor:

[img=http://i.imgur.com/Gjlldx8.png]

...or you can leave the editor on and just paste the url into the pop-up box after clicking the image icon...gg teaching op the long way so they can waste time

... You use pokémon here?

Like, that Skitty of time promotes to a Delcatty?

And it would be awesome if that Kirlia could branch promote in either Gardevoir or Gallade.

But this is insane anyway, you grab your weapons alongside your pokémon to kill other people and / or pokémon? Uuuh.... not sure what to think about this.

... You use pokémon here?

Like, that Skitty of time promotes to a Delcatty?

And it would be awesome if that Kirlia could branch promote in either Gardevoir or Gallade.

But this is insane anyway, you grab your weapons alongside your pokémon to kill other people and / or pokémon? Uuuh.... not sure what to think about this.

I'd hope not, Skitty is the superior evolution in the line >_>

But yeah seconding alfred here, killing people is one thing in FE that I've learned to accept, but killing pokemon? Is this the reason Mt. Pyre is later created...?

Kind of like a movie, we don't care if the human dies. The dog dying is another story...

How about Zombie Pokemon? Fewer tears would be shed over undead dead corps(I confuse myself)

So basically Snakewood.

Yeah, no, this concept seems kinda "bad fanfic"-y imo. Neat gameplay concepts though, would like to see them in another hack.

Would like to hear more detail about the story before passing judgement, but pokemon in FE!! Where do I sign up??? And I have no problem with killing certain pokemon (Goddamn Swoobat!!! At least Zubat has a powerful final form!!!) However I refuse to kill a Growlith... ever...

So basically Snakewood.

Yeah, no, this concept seems kinda "bad fanfic"-y imo. Neat gameplay concepts though, would like to see them in another hack.

I second this. It sounds weird, but this is a concept that could go pretty well. Just take out the Pokemon killing and stuff, and just put Pokemon.

Edited by PixelmanFE

Thanks for all the feedback. Update - I've finished most of the weapon icons and am currently working on storyline and map sprites. I'll be adding screencaps to the first post as I get around to it (school's started so I've been significantly busier) and hoping to be able to get Prologue and Chapter 1 done within the next month or so.

• 2 weeks later...