Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

itt: appreciation

Spoiler

c8920ff55c.png

i love izanami's final portrait so much tbh, like not only does it fit my aesthetic (theres a faint butterfly motif going on i think, im always a fan of frills, and she's decked out in royal-esque jewelry too wow) but plus the way she's drawn and also her outfit looks sexy yet not stupid à la camilla fuk her design, it's very classy and her pose is super simple but also super captivating at the same time gosh. her hair and eyes are really pretty too but thats just her design in general instead of just something in her fourth portrait, speaking of which i superlike how theres a little dead corpse of what seems to be her former self huddled at the bottom?? ive looked at all the portraits in this game before but i didn't notice it until i fell back in love w the game a couple days ago....since then ive only seen b's and izanami's portraits lmao but b has a little corpse too in his third one and now im wondering how the fuk i missed it if it's actually in everyone's because it's a really neat idea i think

74ca9803eb8c18ae87842ce0ace1b0b292ec6c3f

4 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I currently run Defiant Atk on my Brash Assault Lyn (She's just not getting much use since she has a neutral nature and is at +2 merge, meaning she got overshadowed by my +Spd Lucina with +6 merge. Though now she's also terribly overshadowed by my Ayra...).

But Defiant skills depend on the user. Seliph could probably get away with using Defiant Atk along Desperation and Brash Assault. Same with Lyn who has good spd, but low Atk, so +7 Atk is great boon to her. But units like Nino prefer Fury since it gives them more bulk to tank hits to get into Desperation range and they're fast and strong enough that +3 Atk and Spd is sufficient to boost their offense.

At least they made sure mage couldn't use Cancel Affinity. Just imagine Reinhardt frying a TA Fae. And for some reason, I feel glad that Heroes brought Reinhardt so much notoriety. Who would have known that a unit from Thracia would become more feared popular than some 3DS era characters. I'd be curious to see where Reinhardt would land if they made another CYL styled poll. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't remain at 584/791 (the Gaiden/Echoes characters would also probably benefit from a new CYL poll. I don't think Alm and Celica would still be out of the top 100.)

only real defiant skill i use is Defiant Atk really
on rare occasions defiant defense

defiant speed or res?
nice joke

yeah, theres a different skill for everyone, at least thats what i'd like to believe

thank goodness for shining the light on lesser known characters
IF ONLY WARRIORS LEARNED THAT :U

i actually think it'd be cool for a CYL 2 event to happen
and see people intentionally vote glade so he wont be dead last again
oh boy

2 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

That's a very fair point. Blade tome users are probably the only one for who the +7 buff could be relevant since it gives them more damage (especially if it's Defiant Atk), but just getting buff from allies and using Fury, LaD or Swift Sparrow is usually better.

Element boost skills are also pretty bad if your name isn't Arden, especially in non-Arena content. The HP of enemies in Lunatic or Infernal is often so bloated that Boost skills become totally ineffective. Arden can get away thanks to his 60 HP, which is why I'm probably going to give him Fire Boost from one of my spare Lukas, though Earth boost could also get some use and it's more common thanks to Boey. Death Blow is still probably better than Earth boost though.

death blow most likely will be better at the long run
but fire boost seems ok if its not things like infernal hero battles

3 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

That's a very fair point. Blade tome users are probably the only one for who the +7 buff could be relevant since it gives them more damage (especially if it's Defiant Atk), but just getting buff from allies and using Fury, LaD or Swift Sparrow is usually better.

Element boost skills are also pretty bad if your name isn't Arden, especially in non-Arena content. The HP of enemies in Lunatic or Infernal is often so bloated that Boost skills become totally ineffective. Arden can get away thanks to his 60 HP, which is why I'm probably going to give him Fire Boost from one of my spare Lukas, though Earth boost could also get some use and it's more common thanks to Boey. Death Blow is still probably better than Earth boost though.

I never tried any of them. I imagine they synergize decently with healers, but there’s no point in bringing those to the arena... and yeah enemies have too much hp on cc and tts.

on an unrelated note, HALLOWEEN BANNER

https://mobile.twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/923383683305709569

those fuckers have been greedy lately lol

32 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

only real defiant skill i use is Defiant Atk really
on rare occasions defiant defense

defiant speed or res?
nice joke

yeah, theres a different skill for everyone, at least thats what i'd like to believe

thank goodness for shining the light on lesser known characters
IF ONLY WARRIORS LEARNED THAT :U

i actually think it'd be cool for a CYL 2 event to happen
and see people intentionally vote glade so he wont be dead last again
oh boy

death blow most likely will be better at the long run
but fire boost seems ok if its not things like infernal hero battles

Defiant Spd could work on some Desperation builds, but at that point, just use Defiant Atk with the Brash Assault seal.
True. And there are some skills that are good on every one. Like Fury.

Heroes has =indeed done a good job with that.
I'm probably not going to get Warriors because I 1) don't have a Switch 2) have no money to spare and 3) I would have like something more than Awakening and Fates party featuring FE1 cameo, Lyn and Celica.

Well, I think Fire Boost has some merit for Arden since only some Infernal  GHB boss, melee infantry and armor have more than 60 HP, meaning that he gets to abuse it a vast majority of the time. It also activates when Arden is attacked, unlike Death Blow.

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

I never tried any of them. I imagine they synergize decently with healers, but there’s no point in bringing those to the arena... and yeah enemies have too much hp on cc and tts.

on an unrelated note, HALLOWEEN BANNER

https://mobile.twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/923383683305709569

those fuckers have been greedy lately lol

I was fully expecting the next banner to be a Halloween. The really greedy stunt was the whole situation with Ayra.

Speaking of which, it's probable I mostly skip the newest banner in favor of the Ayra one since I hope to get more Hinata, Eirika and Roy and the TT banner has 2 potential red 5* making it a pretty good banner to snipe red. If the new banner has a really good red unit or has, for some reason, a majority of red unit, I might snipe from there instead.

Also, I realized that seasonal units are bad investment long term for the arena unless you're a whale since you can't get more merge of them.

3 hours ago, Painkiller B said:

itt: appreciation

Hide contents

c8920ff55c.png

i love izanami's final portrait so much tbh, like not only does it fit my aesthetic (theres a faint butterfly motif going on i think, im always a fan of frills, and she's decked out in royal-esque jewelry too wow) but plus the way she's drawn and also her outfit looks sexy yet not stupid à la camilla fuk her design, it's very classy and her pose is super simple but also super captivating at the same time gosh. her hair and eyes are really pretty too but thats just her design in general instead of just something in her fourth portrait, speaking of which i superlike how theres a little dead corpse of what seems to be her former self huddled at the bottom?? ive looked at all the portraits in this game before but i didn't notice it until i fell back in love w the game a couple days ago....since then ive only seen b's and izanami's portraits lmao but b has a little corpse too in his third one and now im wondering how the fuk i missed it if it's actually in everyone's because it's a really neat idea i think

74ca9803eb8c18ae87842ce0ace1b0b292ec6c3f

omg

(as in, oh my garterbelt)

yes i want to play pocket camp w/ u but if my bro is interested i might be lettin him use my phone to play since he doesn't have one lmao

5 hours ago, PKLucas531 said:

omg

(as in, oh my garterbelt)

yes i want to play pocket camp w/ u but if my bro is interested i might be lettin him use my phone to play since he doesn't have one lmao

ya ikr, normally im like w/e but that's very nice

o darn ok

4 hours ago, PKLucas531 said:

OH YES KIM MUCH LATE BUT VERY IMPORTANT WHAT DO U THINK OF THE NEW VAN GOONS IN AC MOBILE

BEPPE IS MY BOY...

UHH I JUST REMEMBER THE BLACK BIRDS AND NO ONE ELSE BUT THEY WERE SUPERGOOD

3 minutes ago, Painkiller B said:

ya ikr, normally im like w/e but that's very nice

o darn ok

UHH I JUST REMEMBER THE BLACK BIRDS AND NO ONE ELSE BUT THEY WERE SUPERGOOD

garterbelt is so hit or miss but in her case i want her to hit me

THAT'S THEM YES...

BEPPE IS THE TALL ONE LIKE ME BUT GIOVANNI IS EYEBROWS SO I LIKE HIM TOO

incidentally damian do you think you would be able to play and complete a game that has spectacular everything except gameplay?? like, amazing art and graphics, smooth animations, an engrossing and well paced plot, immersive worldbuilding, gorgeous music, captivating characters whom you have absolutely fallen in love with, eloquent writing, solid multiplayer or pvp or whatever, stellar voice acting, a vast array of options that pander to a plethora of playstyles, everything is perfect and RIGHT UP YOUR ALLEY but the gameplay is total total shit. "how so," you may ask—well that depends on what you think makes a game shitty and i hope u will elaborate on that too in your answer. maybe it is overly grindy, maybe the controls are clunky, maybe it's just tedious to slog through idek what makes a bad game. but would u still play it anyway if it had a great everything else?? if so, how many and which of the things i listed (or other things ur thinking of) would ALSO have to be taken away before you decide that you definitely cannot play it?

5 minutes ago, Painkiller B said:

incidentally damian do you think you would be able to play and complete a game that has spectacular everything except gameplay?? like, amazing art and graphics, smooth animations, an engrossing and well paced plot, immersive worldbuilding, gorgeous music, captivating characters whom you have absolutely fallen in love with, eloquent writing, solid multiplayer or pvp or whatever, stellar voice acting, a vast array of options that pander to a plethora of playstyles, everything is perfect and RIGHT UP YOUR ALLEY but the gameplay is total total shit. "how so," you may ask—well that depends on what you think makes a game shitty and i hope u will elaborate on that too in your answer. maybe it is overly grindy, maybe the controls are clunky, maybe it's just tedious to slog through idek what makes a bad game. but would u still play it anyway if it had a great everything else?? if so, how many and which of the things i listed (or other things ur thinking of) would ALSO have to be taken away before you decide that you definitely cannot play it?

I have been able to play and complete games that are almost completely meritless imo and i can give examples if u want b/c idk how thorough i can be otherwise

I've also played games that I love (like, personal 10 out of 10s) where it meets most of ur criteria but I would say the fatal flaw is the gameplay is very ok at best and non-offensive at worst BUT has the good voice acting amazing/unique writing captivating characters and all that yes

so i totally would be able to complete a game like that, but i think it depends on what kind of mood i'm in b/c with games i need to be IN THE MOOD for something of its kind. like i can acknowledge "wow this is a wonderful game i'll play it... eventually" just b/c it's not the genre or w/e i'm looking for at the moment

as for what would have to be taken away from the game before I like drop it completely, it'd have to be completely uninteresting or just something that i don't want to play ever (like sports games or open world games are typically this for me) AND ALSO I think that while unoriginality is completely fine, I'd prefer it if the makers poured their heart into making something fairly standard because that can really shine through and I can get behind that rly easily where if something feels COMPLETELY MANUFACTURED (if that makes sense) then their lack of interest makes me feel like i should have a lack of interest u feel me

4 minutes ago, Painkiller B said:

o yes i forgot his name but giovanni is my favourite!! hes very small and cute

also wow goon dorning, i didn't expect to see u up this early

yes...

dude funny thing i slept early thinkin "fuk ill miss late-ish night kim" but i woke up early and caught u now yes