• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

4 minutes ago, Soledai said:

Oh yeah, I know the song, it's one of my.... favorites, you could say

I'm slightly more surprised that it's your cup of tea

Nice!

I checked it out because someone mentioned it on another forum while talking about DDR music and it seemed interesting to me.

4 minutes ago, Refa said:

Nice!

I checked it out because someone mentioned it on another forum while talking about DDR music and it seemed interesting to me.

You dabble in DDR also, or nah?

6 minutes ago, Refa said:

Nah, I mostly just listen to the soundtracks.

I can't say I actively listen, but whenever a streamer I watch plays DDR, I hear some things...

Buuuut, it's been a while, so I can't point to any colorful tunes

1 minute ago, Soledai said:

I can't say I actively listen, but whenever a streamer I watch plays DDR, I hear some things...

Buuuut, it's been a while, so I can't point to any colorful tunes

In general, I don't actively listen to music for the most part, I just happen to find things or get recommended things by people w/actual taste.

That's unfortunate

7 minutes ago, Refa said:

In general, I don't actively listen to music for the most part, I just happen to find things or get recommended things by people w/actual taste.

That's unfortunate

Fair enough

But enough about that, allow me to inquire about you. What has Refa been up to?

14 minutes ago, Soledai said:

But enough about that, allow me to inquire about you. What has Refa been up to?

The usual, mostly.  Schoolwork, playing video games, job hunting, watching anime, etc.

7 minutes ago, Refa said:

The usual, mostly.  Schoolwork, playing video games, job hunting, watching anime, etc.

I see, job hunting eh? What a familiar phrase...

Pardon my rudeness, but you're older than I thought. Know what kind of work you're looking for?

4 minutes ago, Soledai said:

I see, job hunting eh? What a familiar phrase...

Pardon my rudeness, but you're older than I thought. Know what kind of work you're looking for?

IKR

Programming jobs, although I'll probably have to work some filler job in the mean time.  I got an internship a whiles back, so I at least have some experience to pad out my resume.

28 minutes ago, Refa said:

Programming jobs, although I'll probably have to work some filler job in the mean time.  I got an internship a whiles back, so I at least have some experience to pad out my resume.

Well damn, good on you. Grats on the internship.

...Okay, there's my daily quota of serious stuffs, tell me about vidya games. What have you been dabbling in lately?

12 hours ago, Fleece said:

kim do u have any thoughts on loona

i heard like a couple of songs and thought they sounded nice awhile back but now i started watching mvs cause i saw a fanart for one of them and wanted to know the context lmao

OH BOY DO I

idk if u know about their concept but if not in october 2016 their company was like “we’re debuting a girl group in a year, each month we will have a ‘girl of the month’ with her own solo song until each member is introduced” and i was really interested bc it was such a unique way to promote (plus their company is rich af). the first song was decent but i quickly lost interest after that lmao; not bc they were bad but i just didn’t have the attention span. plus their “girl of the month” thing got rly wonky and now it’s like “girl of the month, maybe two, maybe zero” and in january 2018 we are still not anywhere close to the full group. i definitely don’t have any ill feelings toward them but the few songs i have heard (vivid, love&live, eclipse—i’m planning to listen to heart attack soon too bc i’ve seen out-of-context gifs from the mv and it looks too ridiculous to be from the same video) were not enough to hook me so i am not really a fan. of course that may change once they debut for real!!

if u have any song suggestions from them however i am all ears. i love girl groups

9 minutes ago, Soledai said:

Well damn, good on you. Grats on the internship.

...Okay, there's my daily quota of serious stuffs, tell me about vidya games. What have you been dabbling in lately?

Thanks!  I love money as much as any self respecting Disney villain.

Last few games I played were Doki Doki Literature Club (whoops, apparently visual novels are games now somehow!), Fire Emblem 7, and Sonic CD.  I'm planning on playing OFF soon, and maybe playing more Steam games in general (especially since Yume Nikki is there now).

2 hours ago, Refa said:

Thanks!  I love money as much as any self respecting Disney villain.

Last few games I played were Doki Doki Literature Club (whoops, apparently visual novels are games now somehow!), Fire Emblem 7, and Sonic CD.  I'm planning on playing OFF soon, and maybe playing more Steam games in general (especially since Yume Nikki is there now).

No problem, but are you also a children's story book villain?

VNs have always been games >:u Nice line up though.

And since you totally asked, I suppose I can share what I've been played; Super Robot Wars BX, F.E.A.R. 2(I mentioned binging that in an earlier post), and... uh something I'll remember. Currently playing SRW BX and Z3, though I shouldn't do two SRWs at the same time. Just something odd about that to me

On 1/16/2018 at 4:08 AM, Soledai said:

On the 14-15th, I did a 17 hour binge of F.E.A.R. 2, beat it in one sitting, of course.

With the rest of the 15th, I slept the day away recuperating from said binge

I believe that's my longest binge(I'll have to dig through my memory and confirm that), and I haven't beaten a game in a single sitting in quite a while... felt good, it did.

As long as you didn’t sit there completely catatonic playing it for that long too. >~>

On 1/16/2018 at 3:12 AM, Soledai said:

Before DBFZ, there's still something that can help those people starving for an anime fighter

You can even pitch it like an infomercial:

"Hi. Are you among those who are outraged and saddened by the news of Blaz-something or other and their crummy DLC? Are you itching for a anime fighter to play, but don't want to wait for one? Well, I'd like to introduce you to Melty Blood"

If only melty blood got more respect than “the anime fighter you play at a Denny’s bathroom” or something similar

On 1/14/2018 at 10:30 PM, Motendra said:

all right, wtf sf. I just spent 15 mins just to make one post, but captcha be like haha you THOUGHT. Mind you, that this is after attempt #7

Reminds me of the terror of trying to change my signature 

thanks sf 

On 1/14/2018 at 11:08 PM, Motendra said:

Slap slap slap

Nice jimmy neutron reference 

On 1/14/2018 at 8:43 PM, sylveonzoroark said:

It's been pretty ok, I stayed in bed for most of the day though

what about you?

Extremely late but that’s no better way to enjoy a Sunday.

ive been......fine

1 hour ago, Trisitei said:

As long as you didn’t sit there completely catatonic playing it for that long too. >~>

If only melty blood got more respect than “the anime fighter you play at a Denny’s bathroom” or something similar

Nah, I gamed responsibly. My body only had to almost protest once~
But the game itself? Good. The atmosphere was great, it was a good sequel to a good game. Had only one dumb moment, a really dumb one that I can only call a retarded difficulty spike.

Wow, people actually say/said this? Lol

Tangentially related, I might not do this with F.E.A.R. 3. from what I've seen, it doesn't look too promising.

2 hours ago, sylveonzoroark said:

is that a good fine or a meh fine

A meh kind

just didn’t wanna come off as a whiner or something 

2 hours ago, Soledai said:

Nah, I gamed responsibly. My body only had to almost protest once~
But the game itself? Good. The atmosphere was great, it was a good sequel to a good game. Had only one dumb moment, a really dumb one that I can only call a retarded difficulty spike.

Wow, people actually say/said this? Lol

Tangentially related, I might not do this with F.E.A.R. 3. from what I've seen, it doesn't look too promising.

Oh. Figured it would be dumb as in the story of the AI that traversed an entire building just to kill you

theres pictures of it

and a story I believe. I’ll scrap up the images I find into an album and post soon enough 

5 hours ago, Soledai said:

No problem, but are you also a children's story book villain?

VNs have always been games >:u Nice line up though.

And since you totally asked, I suppose I can share what I've been played; Super Robot Wars BX, F.E.A.R. 2(I mentioned binging that in an earlier post), and... uh something I'll remember. Currently playing SRW BX and Z3, though I shouldn't do two SRWs at the same time. Just something odd about that to me

Some VN's are games, but I would not consider DDLC one.  Your mileage may vary on that front, I suppose.

Whoops, asking totally slipped my mind!  Sorry for being a jerk.  What draws you into SRW, anyways?  You've played a lot recently.  I don't know anything about F.E.A.R. 2 other than it's way better than F.E.A.R. 1 apparently.

2 hours ago, bling said:

i was so so so excited when i found out that international fans can vote for idol producer but then i remembered that i can't read chinese BwpZKuH.png

Use Google Translate IMO.

39 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

A meh kind

just didn’t wanna come off as a whiner or something 

lol it's fine i whine about things all the time in hhh

2 hours ago, bling said:

i was so so so excited when i found out that international fans can vote for idol producer but then i remembered that i can't read chinese BwpZKuH.png

let me translate

i'll probably fail but it can't hurt to try

Spoiler

ive been binging luna vids like all day and now im rly emo bc she's rly grown into herself and gained a lot of confidence since debut BwpZKuH.png like i haven't even been one of those ~longstanding~ ~since-debut~ fans but nevertheless i feel a lot of things when i remember that the 17-year-old girl who used to be really self-conscious about her looks and weight and muscular legs and tan skin (to the point of bleaching and leg injections) has released a song to her former self, reassuring herself that she is pretty and precious and wonderful, and at 24 is now happy with who she is. idols lead really hectic and stressful lives and many suffer from mental illness but tbh luna is one of the few that im positive is happy with what she does. she seems so carefree and smiles so genuinely and im grateful that she's found a loyal and loving friend in amber (lol i watched a video where they accidentally kissed and amber was really flustered and saying that it was not a kiss but a mistake and luna was like lmao w/e i love her). she's always smiling whenever she performs—dancing may have been her first love but even non-fans know her as a spectacular vocalist so i think she's truly passionate about specifically being an idol—and even though she's the least popular and "successful" member of f(x) i don't think it affects her. sure victoria may get lead movie roles in china and krystal may get modeling offers on top of cf offers on top of drama offers and amber may have a lot of connections in america but luna really seems...content with what she has?? in fact i think she'd be more uncomfortable with more fame. since she didn't really have to worry about public support or even fan support with her solo debut album she instead worked with songs that she liked (im still really bitter that the edm trend kicked off last year when luna had an album filled w edm songs in 2016 that everyone slept on tf...) and in fact it's one of my favourite albums of all time because it does not have a single love song on it! that's really atypical for kpop!! free somebody was about "freeing" yourself and having a good time, breathe was about reliving bittersweet and nostalgic memories, keep on doin' was about exactly what it sounds like it's about (whenever luna says "it's okay" in that song i die srsly i listen to that song whenever im anxious ;-;), i wish was the masterpiece i mentioned before written to her younger self and to all girls struggling with body image (the korean title is "pretty girl" and in the song luna sounds so protective it's by far my favourite song by her), galaxy was a metaphor for how complex people are, and my medicine was another song written by luna dedicated to her mom. there's also a disproportionately high number of ballads on the album which tells u that she DEFINITELY wasn't trying to garner more supporters. rather, it was something made for her fans. for herself. the album didn't even do that well sales-wise and even still she donated half of the profits to charity (i'd start talking about how generous and kind and feminist luna is here but that always takes forever, just know that she's extremely selfless and that's a big part of why i adore her). idk she just seems so much happier with herself now than at debut and she's found so many friends under sm and all her selcas on instagram make me rly happy bc she's not trying to impress anyone she's just having a good time. i tend to find pale skin prettier but honestly seeing luna flaunt her tan-ness now makes me the happiest person on earth. i love her so much

26155121_134804733979317_440727811381002

26066953_1549531625155787_14853409223663

22277559_1620717701324149_71549789703650

12338880_935922763155628_1610153964_n.jp

13549485_143514136053913_141525314_n.jpg

12424456_217701041905013_1254740269_n.jp

13745211_1786847364932885_975474020_n.jp

12534483_594143377404893_643157989_n.jpg

18580313_119597765284928_242263043707659

12237507_848159285307357_569461402_n.jpg

20 minutes ago, Refa said:

Use Google Translate IMO.

i would but i have to use a chinese app and afaik u can't translate those BwpZKuH.png also i think i have figured it out anyway maybe

5 minutes ago, sylveonzoroark said:

let me translate

i'll probably fail but it can't hurt to try

w-wow

i think i have figured it out (the show/voting starts tomorrow so i guess i will find out then tbh) but i rly appreciate that u offered thx