Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

2 minutes ago, Hashuni Mei said:

decent

yooooou?

I'm doing good. Last semester was kind of insane, but I managed to pull through it and the current semester looks much better.

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

3 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

Turters for Smash.

Or, you know, Nia. Welsh cat girls for life.

Peace out, Alrest. You magical place, you.

V5jl52k.gif

Seems like someone finished XC2. I've stopped playing for the moment, but I'll probably jump back in if NG+ allows me to keep my levels, items and especially Blades. 

And Nia's great, I agree.

5 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

Seems like someone finished XC2. I've stopped playing for the moment, but I'll probably jump back in if NG+ allows me to keep my levels, items and especially Blades. 

And Nia's great, I agree.

Same. I could go take on the superbosses, but I really can't be bothered to grind Tiger Tiger for hours.

The entire cast is great! Not sure if I prefer them to 1's cast though.

39 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Same. I could go take on the superbosses, but I really can't be bothered to grind Tiger Tiger for hours.

The entire cast is great! Not sure if I prefer them to 1's cast though.

I managed to beat all the super bosses without using Tora and Poppi. I was able to get by using Rex, Nia and the evasion tank. I did grind Tiger Tiger for hours and have all Poppi forms maxed out. 

I do love the XC2's cast, but I feel like XC1's was more cohesive. Only having 7 characters in the full party probably helped flesh most of them out (though Riki is kind of just there most of the time). Also didn't hear a lot of banter between the drivers after battle like it was the case XC1. 4 of XC1's party also knew each other before the game began, which also helps with the group feeling more tightly knit. 

But that's how I feel in general about XC2 : It's good, but XC1 or XCX felt like they delivered a more consistent and cohesive experience. 

i have been talking to my step mom lately and it is the best feeling in the world. the other day she even said bye to me when she left for work and we exchanged more words yesterday than we have my entire life i am content

9 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I managed to beat all the super bosses without using Tora and Poppi. I was able to get by using Rex, Nia and the evasion tank. I did grind Tiger Tiger for hours and have all Poppi forms maxed out. 

I do love the XC2's cast, but I feel like XC1's was more cohesive. Only having 7 characters in the full party probably helped flesh most of them out (though Riki is kind of just there most of the time). Also didn't hear a lot of banter between the drivers after battle like it was the case XC1. 4 of XC1's party also knew each other before the game began, which also helps with the group feeling more tightly knit. 

But that's how I feel in general about XC2 : It's good, but XC1 or XCX felt like they delivered a more consistent and cohesive experience. 

I did the final chapter with Rex, Tora, and #4. Rex didn't have the story heal Blade either, so my only source of HP gain was Anchor Shot, Smashing, and Critical Regen.

Hmm. I've said it before, but I think 2 has the stronger scenario and characters, but 1's quality of writing and story presentation eclipse 2. I also think #5 joins too late, but maybe I'm alone there. In fact, the game might have been even better if it just had Rex, Nia, and Tora playable, bit that feels like a jab at #4 and #5, and I really like them.

Fair. I prefer 2 to 1, but 1 definitely beats it in some aspects.

5 hours ago, bling said:

i have been talking to my step mom lately and it is the best feeling in the world. the other day she even said bye to me when she left for work and we exchanged more words yesterday than we have my entire life i am content

THIS MAKES ME HAPPY

Spoiler

speakin of which i’m rly stressed bc seventeens new album has so fuckin much included?? like their packaging has always been above the rest (cough sm) but when they released the packaging details for director’s cut i actually got ANNOYED like pledis is spoilin/milkin carats way too much wtf!!

- two versions (okay, normal)

- 13 cd’s (odd for kpop but svt has done this before, ok)

- 52 postcards (what? well teen,age had 52 photocards so i guess it’s not abnormal for them)

- 26 photocards (13 per version, normal)

- 2 posters (normal)

- 13 lenticular cards (what?)

- 13 business cards (??? what???)

- 1 muz kit (wtf is that????)

- 1 set of 30 photocards (what?? literally why????)

- 1 lyric sheet/post card (this on top of everything else is just too extra)

Spoiler

zheng ting: im sad

justin: wats up

zheng ting: you guys keep calling me old for no reason :(

justin: you’re not

zheng ting: (crying) im not old ok

justin: shh it’s okay ge you’re young

Spoiler

idol producer is rly funny bc zheng ting is the oldest and leader of yuehua boys but he has spent almost the entire show being reassured and consoled by justin and fan cheng cheng tbh

Spoiler

i’ve listened to evanesce 500 times within the last week y’all evanesce is really THAT bitch BwpZKuH.png stan the music, the harmonies, the lyrics, the camerawork, the dance break,

Edited by bling
stan evanesce

9 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

I did the final chapter with Rex, Tora, and #4. Rex didn't have the story heal Blade either, so my only source of HP gain was Anchor Shot, Smashing, and Critical Regen.

Hmm. I've said it before, but I think 2 has the stronger scenario and characters, but 1's quality of writing and story presentation eclipse 2. I also think #5 joins too late, but maybe I'm alone there. In fact, the game might have been even better if it just had Rex, Nia, and Tora playable, bit that feels like a jab at #4 and #5, and I really like them.

Fair. I prefer 2 to 1, but 1 definitely beats it in some aspects.

I personally went with Rex, Nia and #4, which went pretty well. I used the same set-up for the post game and against the super bosses. Nia and #4 have break on their main blade, which coupled with Roc and Zenobia on Rex meant I could Driver Combo pretty much all day long, which was useful for farming rare accessories and Legendary Cores. I also had Nim and Kora on Nia and Perceval and Theory on #4 which allowed me to create every single elementary orb, so I just used 8 orbs elemental burst when the boss reached half health. I don't think any boss managed to survive that.

I do feel like #4 and #5 don't really feel like they have all that strong of a reason to tag along, which is a shame since I also like both of them. They pretty much seems to join just to see if Rex is right about Elysium existing. 

To be more precise, I feel like XC2 has some good ideas, but it flops a bit when it comes to executing them while I feel like XC1 and XCX do a better job of doing what they set-up to do. That's not to say that XC1 and XCX have no flaws. But the two things I loved the most the first XC1 was the engrossing epic it told and being able to explore massive areas. XCX really downplayed the story to focus on the exploration (and even then, the side quests add a lot to the lore of the game. Seeing humans and the various alien species work together or against each other in the struggle to survive was pretty interesting), but even compared to XC1, I feel like XC2 is lacking while it comes to areas. In XC1, I'd often travel to some areas just to appreciate the environment. I scarcely did that in XC2. As for the story, I really like what I consider the core message and theme of XC2, perhaps more than the main message of XC1, but I feel like XC1 delivered it much better. 

Spoiler

And the ending of XC2 left me very confused emotionally. "Wait so you made me cry about some characters sacrificing themselves only to bring them back to life with no discernible reason minutes after it happens?" I was angry at the game for killing them off since it seemed to go against the message of the game, but I'd prefer for the game to choose between the bittersweet ending with a sacrifice and the happy ending without sacrifice. 

I also don't really feel the chemistry Rex, Pyra and Mythra as far as romance goes. They clearly care a lot about each other, but I can't really picture how their romance would turn out after the game, especially since Pyra and Mythra are now 2 distinct physical entities. 

Also, why were there so many scenes where we clearly saw the character say something, but the game decided we couldn't hear it? I kind of hope those moments are voiced in NG+

I will praise the game for giving me the feels though. I legit teared up when Amalthus was killed because of how it was set-up, the music and his final words, which I wasn't really expecting. Speaking of villains, I still feel Egil is the best XC villain. 

As far as gameplay goes, I feel like it's a series of give and take. For example, I was really thankful grinding for aux cores wasn't as painful as grinding for augments in XCX, but they go and add a weird retro minigame I'm forced to play to power-up one of my favorite blade (Poppi's performance in the later chapters is amazing) and the most involved side-quests are tied to gacha blades. Ursula's affinity chart is also a thing. I did really like XC2's battle system.

Spoiler

i watched super tv last night and it was so stupid holy shit. previously i thought seventeen was among the best i’ve seen in variety shows (of course bigbang, btob, shinee, etc. come on top, but i personally find svt enjoyable bc they have an entire 13 stupid members) but then i watched suju and i was like, ok, suju #1 for variety, but can they beat svt in reality?? cuz svt isn’t anywhere nearly as good at variety shows as they are in reality shows and they are definitely the best i have seen in reality. then super tv pops up and it’s fuckin stupid and while i don’t think i found it as funny as seventeens ofd expeditions it was only half of suju and the first episode was more like a prologue than anything else. leeteuk was hosting so much it was basically a variety show (idk if it’s just bc i’m so used to seeing him host shit but istg his natural talking voice is just an mc one holy heck he sounds like he’s always hosting), yesung was just a punching bag for heechul and eunhyuk, shindong kept wanting food, and donghae was donghae. god i wonder how awful they’d be with siwon n sungmin n ryeong n kyuhyun